Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Nosgoth Update - August 13th

Nosgoth Update - August 13th

  1. #1

    Post Nosgoth Update - August 13th

    As you may be aware, following a recent patch there have been numerous bug reports regarding stability. These bugs have made it difficult, and in some cases impossible, for people to play Nosgoth. It can be incredibly frustrating for a game not to work as intended, crashing and even punishing you for reasons outside of your control. While we had intended to release a hotfix to resolve the freezing and crashing issues, we identified another bug that has ultimately delayed that update. Psyonix and Square Enix are working toward rectifying Nosgoth's performance problems and are prepping to release an additional update in the coming days. We appreciate your help in reporting these problems as well as your patience.


    Currently we have a patch planned for Tuesday, August 11th that will address some of the most recent reports. The following fixes will be applied in this next patch:

    • The Daily Rewards wheel will no longer award false or non-items to players. The correct item names and images will be provided.
    • Movement exploit that allowed players to move further and faster than normally allowed has been corrected. Movement is now dictated by both the client and the server.
    • Countdown timer will begin after load out armory has completed downloading to game client. All players will be able to choose their load out prior to the match beginning.
    • Mouse smoothing can now be turned on and off in the Options menu.




    In addition to the fixes in this patch, we will be adding the following to the game:

    Update - The Forge
    As we alluded to in the previous State of Play update, Blood Vials can now be acquired by salvaging items, base-level items can be repurchased, Arcane items can be upgraded to Mysterious-level items, and Runestones can be used in Enchanting (bypassing the need for specific materials). In addition, duplicate skins can be used in the Forge and broken down. This applies to all Marked, Exalted, and Daily Reward skins.

    Update - Adept skins
    A new set of skins will be made available in the in-game store that will be purchasable with gold, and gold alone. Runestones need not apply! The Deceiver, Summoner, Prophet, and Vanguard will all have a new skin for sale. You can find more information (and pictures) here.


    Finally, to coincide with this upcoming patch, we will be temporarily adjusting the leaver penalty during League games. Previously, players that did not rejoin a game that they unintentionally disconnected from or left prematurely were penalized with a 10 minute match making ban and docked 14 League Points. This leaver penalty will be altered to a 3 minute ban and a loss of only 4 League Points. The amended punishment will remain in effect until we are able to provide additional game stability.

    We understand how frustrating it has been to wait on these critical updates. We will continue to work toward stomping out as many bugs as we can in order to provide the best gaming experience possible. Thank you for your support and understanding during this critical juncture.
    Psyonix Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

  2. #2
    Had the crash again today and realized that the penalty had been changed, so I was pretty happy about that. Glad to hear you guys have figured out what it is, now the hard work of figuring out why and how to stop it begins, I suppose. I'll be eagerly and patiently awaiting!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    383
    Good to hear you are working on fixes

  4. #4
    The achievment of the Get Over Here! will be fixed with this patch? (for now is impossible take it)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    750
    Any comment on the prospects of a Vote to Surrender?
    This obviously should be a total vote of all players connected, but I have had instances, on both sides of the fence, where the game ended up as a 1v4 or even 0v4.
    In general, I would propose to just have a game automaticall end as a Win if the entire enemy team leaves. I even had an instance where I got a DRAW from a 0v4, because Round 1 started out as 1:1 when 2 crashed and the two remaining vampires, after sitting on a roof for 2 minutes also left.

  6. #6
    Its nice that you are working on fixes to make game better (maybe someday beta will evolve to full official game! ), but i don't know why on every patch you putting skins skins and everywhere skins to buy, when prophet and vanguard still have no their Elite skins u can get on 25 lvl...

  7. #7
    Please tell me this will fix the micro freezes, crashes, lag spikes that occur every match. I also get this weird mouse lag now where it's like my mouse aiming is being snapped to a grid.

    Also alot of abilities and shots are going through people with no damage or effect. This is almost game breaking for me because I just built a nice new computer and im still crashing every match.
    Last edited by Truckposeidon; 9th Aug 2015 at 17:49.
    In Game name/Steam: {WLπ} Paget Brewster
    Alchemist/Deciever/Tyrant/Sentinel

  8. #8
    Nothing new on the default skills ?
    Explosive shot, Firewall, etc.

    I rly rly need to buys them :'(
    signature image

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Shikei001
    Nothing new on the default skills ?
    Explosive shot, Firewall, etc.

    I rly rly need to buys them :'(
    I think that's what Ryan meant by "base-level items can be repurchased".
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  10. #10
    sry... I'm stupid... should not post in the forum when I'm tired..
    I apologize, and look forward to the patch

    Thx, Vampmaster
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 10th Aug 2015 at 11:36.
    signature image

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1
    Originally Posted by Psyonix_Ryan
    Previously, players that did not rejoin a game that they unintentionally disconnected from or left prematurely were penalized with a 10 minute match making ban and docked 14 League Points.
    Originally Posted by Psyonix_Ryan
    players that did not rejoin a game
    Don't developers know that some players still get league points penalty even if they managed to rejoin a game?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,424
    Hey everyone,

    Unfortunately we had a little hiccup on adjusting the leaver penalty regarding the points. Adjusting the timer could be done outside of a patch, but the leaver penalty points unfortunately could not, so that change hasn't gone in yet.

    Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    Any comment on the prospects of a Vote to Surrender?
    We have talked here about a Voting option in general and is something we'd like to implement, though it's not a quick change unfortunately. Once I have any more news on this from the team I'll let you guys know, I'll check in with them to see what the latest on that is.

    Originally Posted by Gilgamesz1
    Its nice that you are working on fixes to make game better (maybe someday beta will evolve to full official game! ), but i don't know why on every patch you putting skins skins and everywhere skins to buy, when prophet and vanguard still have no their Elite skins u can get on 25 lvl...
    Those skins are on the way and are being designed, so we should hopefully be able to share some concept art soon to let you all know what they'll look like.

    Originally Posted by Truckposeidon
    Please tell me this will fix the micro freezes, crashes, lag spikes that occur every match. I also get this weird mouse lag now where it's like my mouse aiming is being snapped to a grid.

    Also alot of abilities and shots are going through people with no damage or effect. This is almost game breaking for me because I just built a nice new computer and im still crashing every match.
    Are you getting a bad ping in-game as well? What you describe with shots/abilities going through players sounds odd but could be lag-related. The patch will fix certain lag/freeze issues but potentially not all, as I know the team are investigating some further still.

    Originally Posted by Shikei001
    Nothing new on the default skills ?
    Explosive shot, Firewall, etc.

    I rly rly need to buys them :'(
    Yep, as Vampmaster mentioned that's included in this update, so you'll be able to get the base weapons and abilities from the store as well
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

  13. #13
    Are any further forge features planned? Someone steam was asking about removing stat modifiers from items. That sounds like a good idea, especially if the elemental effect can remain. I think MIs should rename themselves as Fire, Ice, Lightning, Shadow, Poison weapon when the element unlocks too. Also, it would be good to have ways to influence what element you get, either by introducing special materials, allowing effects to be transferred from one weapon to another or boosters that control the odds of getting certain elements. A few players wanted to switch off the special effects for tactical advantage or spoiling the atmosphere. I like the effects, but don't see any reason not to give the option.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  14. #14
    Seems good, but I didn't see any mention of enemy teams seeing each others' class picks at the start of the second round. Will this be getting fixed?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany, Hessen
    Posts
    170
    Originally Posted by GenocidePete
    Seems good, but I didn't see any mention of enemy teams seeing each others' class picks at the start of the second round. Will this be getting fixed?
    yeah, this would be good ... I liked that change, but if only one of the enemy team can see the picks its kinda useless.

    and yeah, fix the freezes that you forced on us last patch ... every ESL match we wait like 3 min in the first round so everyone got there lag spike already. for some ppl its like 2 seconds for some others 8 seconds ....

    also the fact that you bump into the environment so often is really annoying, may use some lube on the player models so they dont get stuck on every corner. (even more annoyng >>> in Valeholm is a invisible wall at "burning" AND if you jump(skill) behind "the wall" from the right sight you going to knock ur head on a invisible wall as well WTF <<< touse bugges are soooo old)
    Last edited by Wolf_the_Legend; 10th Aug 2015 at 13:32.
    signature imagesignature imagesignature image
    GTX 970 - i7-3770 - 16 GB RAM - 1920x1080, 120 Hz - Windows 7 Prof.

  16. #16
    May the Force be with you with this new Update

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,424
    Hi everyone,

    We identified a bug with the update we were prepping so unfortunately as a result, the patch has been delayed.

    I'll keep you updated as soon as I have more news about when we can expect to release the update.

    Please bear with us, we understand this delay isn't something you'll be pleased to hear about, but we need to ensure the bug we found is resolved before the update can release, as I'm sure you can appreciate we don't want to introduce a new issue to the mix.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

  18. #18
    There's also minor lag few times a minute which i heard from other people too. It started to happen with the current patch, but i have no clue what causes this. Maybe it's gone after the new patch goes live. I will look into it later.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    8
    I don't understand why the previous patches aren't tested this extensively to identify the problems then. Updates and patches should be extensively tested before bothering to release. Every patch comes with some issue that many players experience. Do you devs just release and use the playerbase as an "experiment" to test it? Certainly feels that way . . .

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1
    hi there Ryan,

    First of all let me say that I really respect the work Psyonix does - for a small dev studio, you guys certainly are giving it your all with regards to having a fresh approach to in-game economy and not to mention the fact that you've made a MOBA (My favourite genre) out of LoK (my favourite series of games) but enough fanboying for the moment.

    I'm just curious as to why the stability patches are being pushed back? The fixes you detailed in your post are (admittedly) very delicious quality of life perks - yet those seem irrelevant; why put so much into improving an experience that people aren't participating in? The stability issues are literally driving people off of the game. If LoK wasn't my favourite series, and I didn't respect Psyonix as much as I do, I wouldn't even make this post. Even now as it stands, I have been awarded 6 losses in ranked for circumstances beyond my control - sometimes receiving multiple losses from individual games due to crash-reconnect-crash-reconnect-crash patterns.

    What I'm trying to get at is this: The stability issues, AFAIK, are having the most direct negative impact on your player base. Full stop. These issues have been around for almost a month, and the fix is STILL GETTING PUSHED BACK. I'm pulling my hair out here man, doesn't matter how smooth my mouse is or how flexible forge materials are if players are fundamentally unable to enjoy the game itself.

    Just some thoughts from a gamer who loves Nosgoth but finds it almost unplayable at present.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,424
    Originally Posted by Virtue9202
    I'm just curious as to why the stability patches are being pushed back?
    The update today is delayed due to a bug we found with it, but overall, the stability patches or improvements aren't being pushed back. It's something the team are working on and is ongoing. Improvements to that and work to that certainly isn't being pushed back to prioritise these other features we listed out. The skins, for instance, were already done, and aren't part of programming updates but one from the art team.

    Resolving the stability issues and other bugs is top priority for the team right now. The patch we're prepping has some fixes and improvements in it and the team are working on more. We'll keep this thread updated with news as soon we get it.

    Originally Posted by BlackMetalLover
    I don't understand why the previous patches aren't tested this extensively to identify the problems then. Updates and patches should be extensively tested before bothering to release. Every patch comes with some issue that many players experience. Do you devs just release and use the playerbase as an "experiment" to test it? Certainly feels that way . . .
    Updates are certainly extensively tested before release, but unfortunately not all issues can be identified, particularly if they don't affect all players, which is the case with some of the current issues.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

  22. #22
    Originally Posted by Virtue9202
    hi there Ryan,

    First of all let me say that I really respect the work Psyonix does - for a small dev studio, you guys certainly are giving it your all with regards to having a fresh approach to in-game economy and not to mention the fact that you've made a MOBA (My favourite genre) out of LoK (my favourite series of games) but enough fanboying for the moment.

    I'm just curious as to why the stability patches are being pushed back? The fixes you detailed in your post are (admittedly) very delicious quality of life perks - yet those seem irrelevant; why put so much into improving an experience that people aren't participating in? The stability issues are literally driving people off of the game. If LoK wasn't my favourite series, and I didn't respect Psyonix as much as I do, I wouldn't even make this post. Even now as it stands, I have been awarded 6 losses in ranked for circumstances beyond my control - sometimes receiving multiple losses from individual games due to crash-reconnect-crash-reconnect-crash patterns.

    What I'm trying to get at is this: The stability issues, AFAIK, are having the most direct negative impact on your player base. Full stop. These issues have been around for almost a month, and the fix is STILL GETTING PUSHED BACK. I'm pulling my hair out here man, doesn't matter how smooth my mouse is or how flexible forge materials are if players are fundamentally unable to enjoy the game itself.

    Just some thoughts from a gamer who loves Nosgoth but finds it almost unplayable at present.
    Like Cat said, in the process of fixing the current bugs, they caused another that was equally bad. If they released the patch like that, people would be just as angry as they already are or more, because they'd need to download two patches instead of one. It was releasing too soon that lead to the bugs not being spotted in the first place.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  23. #23
    ''The update today is delayed'' for today later or when?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    750
    "Unable to connect to online suite. If this problem persists, please try disabling any firewall software you might have installed"

    Is that the issue you were talking about? Coz its out regardless of patch!

  25. #25
    Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Hi everyone,

    We identified a bug with the update we were prepping so unfortunately as a result, the patch has been delayed.

    I'll keep you updated as soon as I have more news about when we can expect to release the update.

    Please bear with us, we understand this delay isn't something you'll be pleased to hear about, but we need to ensure the bug we found is resolved before the update can release, as I'm sure you can appreciate we don't want to introduce a new issue to the mix.
    thx for the update.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Tags for this Thread