Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about SAMUEL?

What do you think about SAMUEL?

(First: excuse my poor english)

Hi everyone,
    I'm replaying the game, by now I'm in the third episode and I'm thinking about Samuel's role in this game... He's very wise, he knows a lot about Blackwell, he cares about the students and stuff that happens... Do you think he knows about Max's power? In the 4th episode he talks about a lot of things, like the animals problem, about the students, about weather, Tobanga.. Somehow I think he knows so many things about Max.

Also, in the third episode we can see this in his "sorta-room":

(I know Samuel doesn't wear silk scarfs... So, who wears them?)

What do you think about this? Do you think somebody left it there or Samuel has something to do with it?

Tell me your impressions about him Let's talk about this strange character

there is a very good theory i saw from Geek Remix about this character that says that samuel said he hears from the squirrels in the morning as we can see them like everywhere maybe thats why he knows everything. Also in episode 1 he said "After i sweep, i paint" when max wanted to get victoria out of her way... can he see the future ?! BTW the way he talks makes me relaxed for some reason lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bossinator View Post
    there is a very good theory i saw from Geek Remix about this character that says that samuel said he hears from the squirrels in the morning as we can see them like everywhere maybe thats why he knows everything. Also in episode 1 he said "After i sweep, i paint" when max wanted to get victoria out of her way... can he see the future ?! BTW the way he talks makes me relaxed for some reason lol
    He relaxes me too, even if he talks a bit creepy I like him, he's not bad, I would put my hand in the fire for that.
    He has a very very strong connection to animals, he even talks about "soul animals", we can relate this to the doe (Rachel, surely).
    Maybe he'll very important in the next episode.

He is so optional, so i really do not think that there is anything significant about him. You can beat the whole game without single conversation with him.

Ms. Grant probably forgot that scarf after a night of mad passionate lovemaking with Samuel. :P

Explains why she's so dead set against cameras anyway.
    Last edited by Onmens; 6th Aug 2015 at 02:47.

I think he knows more than he lets on. He know Max is significant and may have special abilities.

If you check his shed and inspect some of rachels photos in one of the episodes it opens up additional dialogue with him to question him on. His reasoning for having the photos was she gave them out to everybody. He's an odd individual but I trust him. I don't consider him the least bit suspicious. Just odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Onmens View Post
    Ms. Grant probably forgot that scarf after a night of mad passionate lovemaking with Samuel. :P

Ok that can be posible... Wow I didn't expect that when I created the thread hahah

Quote Originally Posted by Onmens View Post

You know what this calls for.

SHIPPING!
    Ship name suggestions:

Sarant.
    Gram(uel).

And fan art depicting the new ship couple.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    You know what this calls for.

SHIPPING!
    Ship name suggestions:

Sarant.
    Gram(uel).

And fan art depicting the new ship couple.
    Hehe.

Although I'm much more interestred in theorizing which one of the Blackwell students is Gramuel's secret love child.

After seeing the theory Geek Remix has on Samuel, all I could think about is this:
    Karl Rasch: And you are?
    Samuel: They call me...Prophet.

Are you playing in spanish? :P Não existe em português, existe?

Anyway, good catch. That room of himself looked really strange.

Quote Originally Posted by RaulRoque View Post
    Are you playing in spanish? :P Não existe em português, existe?

Anyway, good catch. That room of himself looked really strange.
    Yes, it is spanish, I don't know if any fan did subtitled it in portugês, you should take a look at the guides section of Steam

I think Samuel is the Anti-Jefferson.

I've been playing again and WOW. When we can talk with him in the 4th chapter he mentions A LOT the word "time". It can't be a coincidence, he has to know about timetravelers and specially about Max.

Samuel is a Time Lord but he's bound by the laws of non-interferance.

Quote Originally Posted by OHWceta View Post
    Samuel is a Time Lord but he's bound by the laws of non-interferance.
    This wouldnt surprise me. I sometimes wonder whether he has been rewinding time and influencing things along the way.

As for non-interference:

"After I sweep, i paint." He so subtly emphised to Max.

I liked him since the paint bucket fall. He's so damn funny.
    "Ol' Samuel is sorry. Wet paint is not good for hair, nope. Sorry"
    *Reaches closer with his gloved hands to wipe it off Victoria's hair.
    *Victoria freaks even more

^_^

He's kind of creepy but in and awkward endearing kind of way, not it a bad kind of way.
    "If you come with me, NOTHING will ever be the same again." - The Doctor

Has anyone here read 11/22/63 by Stephen King?

It's about this guy who finds a door that dumps him back at a specific time in 1958. He can go back through the door to the point he left, but every time he enters the door it's the same time in 1958, with the same things happening, the same cars on the same streets and the same people saying the same things. Everything's the same.

Except for one mentally infirm homeless dude who seems to keep remembering our hero every time he comes back through the door.

Whatever's been going on in Arcadia Bay has been going on for a lot longer than the week that Max has had her powers. If there's anything to Samuel, I wouldn't say he's off-kilter. Maybe he's holding the multitudes of timelines in his head.

Not really a theory. More of a notion, really.

My theory is that he is a red-herring that is supposed to make the actual villain be a bigger surprise.

That creepy stuff he says and keeps in his shed all make it appear as if he has a lot going on. But in fact, he's just as confused as everybody else.

He's always creeped me out.
    He's probably just on drugs like everyone else seems to be in Arcadia Bay.
    I wish Rachel was here...

Like you said, he talks a lot about "time" and I kinda feel like he is trying to tell something without making it clear. And I dont know why but I feel like he is on our, I mean Max's side. But he is a little bit creepy though.

"Squirrels like nuts. Does that mean Samuel is...? Nah."

-Max Caulfield

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFrog View Post
    My theory is that he is a red-herring that is supposed to make the actual villain be a bigger surprise.

That creepy stuff he says and keeps in his shed all make it appear as if he has a lot going on. But in fact, he's just as confused as everybody else.
    This is probably the reality. But we can't help but want him to be more important.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast