Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Nathan is dead theory. For and against.

Quote Originally Posted by DeAxiom View Post
    I like everything about this theory except for the Jefferson phone call in episode 2. Listening to Jefferson it is definitely a phone call with someone very distressed and a call he doesn't want to be having. Yet the moment you go inside the class room there's Nathan calm and talking to Victoria. The call has to be coming from someone else. A 3rd player in the murder mystery?
    For some reason, listening to that call again, I get the impression he's talking to a girl/woman. If not, it's either the Principal or Sean Pescott.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by DeAxiom View Post
    I like everything about this theory except for the Jefferson phone call in episode 2. Listening to Jefferson it is definitely a phone call with someone very distressed and a call he doesn't want to be having. Yet the moment you go inside the class room there's Nathan calm and talking to Victoria. The call has to be coming from someone else. A 3rd player in the murder mystery?
    Damn, yeah. How could I miss that? He was right in the other room talking to Victoria. That does beg the question then; who Mr Jefferson was on the phone to! Rachel and Kate uttered in the same breath was one major red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by meimeiriver View Post
    Yes, it looks more and more that Nathan was just another type of victim (even when he's not dead).

I still don't understand that hand-written (!) letter, though. I always thought that was sent by his dad (as texts from his dad are always on about how he wants him to follow in his footsteps); but it could, indeed, come from Mr. Jefferson too -- although the latter would be stupid for hand-writing a letter like that to Nathan.
    I'm no calligraphy expert but the two seem to match up:

For some reason, listening to that call again, I get the impression he's talking to a girl/woman. If not, it's either the Principal or Sean Pescott.
    I don't think he would talk to the Principle like that. Sean Prescott is a distinct possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by LordBattleBeard View Post
    I'm no calligraphy expert but the two seem to match up:

Good work!

Handwriting fonts in this game are somewhat problematic, though. Like when Max adds 'Max was here' to the text on the wall of Chloe's hideout, it's the same font used as what Rachel wrote in, for example. Things like that may just be due to this simply being a game, LOL, and Dontnod having used a limited set of calligraphy fonts.

This font is definitely very distinct, though; so you may really be right.
    signature image

I don't think he would talk to the Principle like that. Sean Prescott is a distinct possibility.
    The only reason I considered the Principal, is because Mr. Jefferson, at some point, says:

"Listen, I *do* have a class I have to teach."

Especially the "do" suggests, to me, it's someone who would already know this (like the Principal). Sean Prescott would know he's a teacher, of course, but not that he [really] does have a class to teach at that moment, was my thinking.
    signature image

Good work!

Handwriting fonts in this game are somewhat problematic, though. Like when Max adds 'Max was here' to the text on the wall of Chloe's hideout, it's the same font used as what Rachel wrote in, for example. Things like that may just be due to this simply being a game, LOL, and Dontnod having used a limited set of calligraphy fonts.

This font is definitely very distinct, though; so you may really be right.
    Thanks. I always thought the designers hand-wrote this sort of stuff. Some of it appears that way.

The only reason I considered the Principal, is because Mr. Jefferson, at some point, says:

"Listen, I *do* have a class I have to teach."

Especially the "do" suggests, to me, it's someone who would already know this (like the Principal). Sean Prescott would know he's a teacher, of course, but not that he [really] does have a class to teach at that moment, was my thinking.
    Thats a good point and observation. Although frankly, I don't think the principle comes across as intelligent or thoughtful enough to put the Rachel Amber thing together with the Kate Marsh incident. He's more likely to be busy drinking scotch in his office

I don't know. Maybe the phonecall will turn out to be nothing, but it's what made me sit up and take notice of Mr Jefferson in Episode 2.
    Last edited by LordBattleBeard; 4th Aug 2015 at 23:59.

I am actually dying to know what is written near Kate's photos. It could be Jefferson's very agenda! Maybe it... analysis of some sort?

Thats a good point and observation. Although frankly, I don't think the principle comes across as intelligent or thoughtful enough to put the Rachel Amber thing together with the Kate Marsh incident. He's more likely to be busy drinking scotch in his office

I don't know. Maybe the phonecall will turn out to be nothing, but it's what made me sit up and take notice of Mr Jefferson in Episode 2.
    In the Ep. 4 trailer, we're seeing the Principal having a semi-heated argument with Mr. Jefferson, outside his car. (I think that's actually Ep. 5 footage, btw; and we still have a Chapter due called "Mr. Jefferson's car.") And although the Principal is definitely not the criminal mastermind here, he certainly must be involved somehow (if only to facilitate the Prescotts/Mr. Jefferson).
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    I am actually dying to know what is written near Kate's photos. It could be Jefferson's very agenda! Maybe it... analysis of some sort?
    I doubt it has his agenda written there but it would be interesting to read. Shame its mostly just incomprehensible chicken scratches

In the Ep. 4 trailer, we're seeing the Principal having a semi-heated argument with Mr. Jefferson, outside his car. (I think that's actually Ep. 5 footage). And although the Principal is definitely not the criminal mastermind here, he certainly must be involved somehow (if only to facilitate the Prescotts/Mr. Jefferson).
    Ep. 4 trailer? You sure you don't mean the end scene of Episode 2? I forgot about this. Yeah, they were talking about something we couldn't hear. At the time I just interpreted it as the principle telling Jefferson he should have done more to help Kate. Though they really could be discussing anything.

and we still have a Chapter due called "Mr. Jefferson's car."
    Jeffersons car was before the Junkyard in the evening so I guess they axed that to create more of a shock when it came to the latter. I find it unlikely they will put it back into Episode 5.

I doubt it has his agenda written there but it would be interesting to read.
    Well, of course their agenda does not written there. I meat that by knowing what is written there their agenda could be figured out. What i suggesting is this: they do their kidnappings in order to make some conclusion for each victim, witch is written on those photos.

I personally do not buy for a second that their goal was simply to make some dirty photos.
    Last edited by Xeva-q; 5th Aug 2015 at 01:24.

I never paid any attention to the phone call and wish I did. Everyone references it. Another reason why replaying the game is necessary for me.

Ep. 4 trailer? You sure you don't mean the end scene of Episode 2?

Jeffersons car was before the Junkyard in the evening so I guess they axed that to create more of a shock when it came to the latter. I find it unlikely they will put it back into Episode 5.
    Haha! You're right on both counts. Remind me never to post again so far after midnight.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Sneddonator View Post
    I never paid any attention to the phone call and wish I did. Everyone references it. Another reason why replaying the game is necessary for me.
    Youtube is your friend

signature image

Thanks for the vid.

Could it be, if Nathan is the one dead, that infact Rachel comes to the rescue.... hmm

In the Ep. 4 trailer, we're seeing the Principal having a semi-heated argument with Mr. Jefferson, outside his car. (I think that's actually Ep. 5 footage, btw; and we still have a Chapter due called "Mr. Jefferson's car.") And although the Principal is definitely not the criminal mastermind here, he certainly must be involved somehow (if only to facilitate the Prescotts/Mr. Jefferson).
    Darn, I just learned it can't be the Principal: he's spotted across the hallway, at the time of the call, not on the phone.
    signature image

Well, of course their agenda does not written there. I meat that by knowing what is written there their agenda could be figured out. What i suggesting is this: they do their kidnappings in order to make some conclusion for each victim, witch is written on those photos.

I personally do not buy for a second that their goal was simply to make some dirty photos.
    Maybe Mr. Jefferson has a fetish? I don't know. But I agree. If we can figure out what the writing says, maybe we'll get a clearer picture on the entire situation. Or we wait until Jefferson's soliloquy in Ep 5.

And isn't it werid that we only see writing in Kate's binder? There's none at all in Rachel's.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    Maybe Mr. Jefferson has a fetish?
    And Shaun have the exact same one?

And isn't it werid that we only see writing in Kate's binder?
    We only saw to of them. So it is impossible to make any conclusion here.

And Shaun have the exact same one?
    Who's 'Shaun'?! Sean Prescott, you mean? If so, we don't know yet what the relationship between them is.
    signature image

Who's 'Shaun'?!
    My mistake, sorry.
    If so, we don't know yet what the relationship between them is.
    But i can say right away that is seem completely unbelievable to me.

That Sean is completely okay with spending a huge amount of money and traumatize his own son for life only to get some photos. They even not that harsh if you asked me. On the contrary, they look pretty innocent. You can find much worst things on the web.

Perhaps. I guess we won't know unless we get some higher resolution shots

Replaying is definitely beneficial. Though I only keep my original save, I've replayed 4 times and still finding new things I didn't notice before it. Much of the beauty of this game is in its attention to detail.

Haha! You're right on both counts. Remind me never to post again so far after midnight.
    It was pretty late but fun

Thanks for the vid.

Could it be, if Nathan is the one dead, that infact Rachel comes to the rescue.... hmm
    The problem I have with the Rachel is still alive theory is this: what was the Doe doing resting on the burial spot in Episode 2? and yeah, it was resting. It only stands when it sees Max. It makes perfect sense for the Doe to be Rachels and if not Rachels, whos?

Darn, I just learned it can't be the Principal: he's spotted across the hallway, at the time of the call, not on the phone.
    He was in the hallway but Max did a lot of stuff after seeing him so its reasonable to allow for the possibility that it still could have been him.

Who's 'Shaun'?! Sean Prescott, you mean? If so, we don't know yet what the relationship between them is.
    Sean's purpose for the dark room is related to the storm he and Nathan both know is coming. Whether or not it is connected to Mr Jeffersons activity in the dark room is unknown but I would hazard a guess at yes. Maybe sacrificing Rachel and the studens before her was part of some supernatural ritual to bring the storm about? Paving the way to rebuild Arcadia/Prescott Bay the way they want it.

Maybe sacrificing Rachel and the studens before her was part of some supernatural ritual to bring the storm about?
    Or to stop it from coming.

Or to stop it from coming.
    I don't think it likely but as I see you made a thread on it, I'll reply there

Mr. Jefferson's car is one of the photos Max collects from step-douche's surveillance. When Max has them on the murder board and is gathering information, you can click on it. Max says something like this is an expensive car...but the car is Mr. Jefferson's. You can see his car while he's talking with the Principal during the eclipse scene. So if we take it as David is just acting as a detective because he knows something is going on (a creepy one, yes) and is gathering evidence on his suspects, why would he have snapped a picture of Mr. Jefferson's car? Does David already suspect him? Unfortunately you cannot connect his car to the evidence (yet) or we would have known the shocking ending to the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Squinn1201 View Post
    Mr. Jefferson's car is one of the photos Max collects from step-douche's surveillance. When Max has them on the murder board and is gathering information, you can click on it. Max says something like this is an expensive car...but the car is Mr. Jefferson's. You can see his car while he's talking with the Principal during the eclipse scene. So if we take it as David is just acting as a detective because he knows something is going on (a creepy one, yes) and is gathering evidence on his suspects, why would he have snapped a picture of Mr. Jefferson's car? Does David already suspect him? Unfortunately you cannot connect his car to the evidence (yet) or we would have known the shocking ending to the episode.
    You're right. David suspects him. His surveillance and tracking was vital to Max/Chloes end result in finding the dark room. Davids judgement has been good and right all along; but because of his brash attitude people are quick to judge him unfairly, blame him for his mistakes and not credit him for all he's got right.

You're right. David suspects him. His surveillance and tracking was vital to Max/Chloes end result in finding the dark room. Davids judgement has been good and right all along; but because of his brash attitude people are quick to judge him unfairly, blame him for his mistakes and not credit him for all he's got right.
    And what's even worse, I had that poor man kicked out of his own home.
    signature image

And what's even worse, I had that poor man kicked out of his own home.
    That's terrible It must have taken me a good 10 minutes to make the difficult decision to side with David. But the only reason I could find for siding with Chloe was that in doing so and doing everything Chloe wanted, maybe that would yield the "happy ever after" ending whereby Chloe wouldn't have to die. Though I have to believe the writers wouldn't be so fickle and doing the (in my view) right and logical thing would count for something.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast