Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: Calm down, there's a selfie! SPOILERS

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472

    Calm down, there's a selfie! SPOILERS

    I was thinking about fatality of Dark Room's ending and I got to... selfie. That one which drunk Warren took. If Max survives, she can go back.

  2. #2
    If she survives .. last episode is about vengeful David Mandsten bad joke.

    but if chance to going back, am call David for help.

  3. #3
    Yup....its pretty obvious Max will end up using this.

    I wonder if David will end up being told about Maxs power. For her to get access to the picture.....it seems like David will have to save Max. Knowing she will then undo all of those events....I wonder if prior she will end up telling David.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    134
    I suspect that will happen but kind of hope it doesn't. Did she learn nothing from altering time like that before? maybe the shot wasn't fatal and Chloe will be OK and it will be super David to the rescue! OK. I know I'm clutching at straws but you never know...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ByouRei View Post
    If she survives .. last episode is about vengeful David Mandsten bad joke.
    No, it actually was pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBattleBeard View Post
    I suspect that will happen but kind of hope it doesn't. Did she learn nothing from altering time like that before? maybe the shot wasn't fatal and Chloe will be OK and it will be super David to the rescue! OK. I know I'm clutching at straws but you never know...
    Yep. Brain has not been damaged!

    And, talking seriously i think this preview picture of episode 5 is pretty self-explanatory.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    134
    It is? the best I could surmise from it is it's the final scene and she's looking on wondering "was it all for nothing?"

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    No, it actually was pretty good.

    Yep. Brain has not been damaged!

    And, talking seriously i think this preview picture of episode 5 is pretty self-explanatory.

    i still think this foto was best from begining ..i know is not same foto .. there is lot of new photograph on wall . i'm almost like buy polaroid camera
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBattleBeard View Post
    It is? the best I could surmise from it is it's the final scene and she's looking on wondering "was it all for nothing?"
    i see that like last scene of game.
    it wel be nice if creators can make this foto in HQ i like use it like wallpaler

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBattleBeard View Post
    I suspect that will happen but kind of hope it doesn't. Did she learn nothing from altering time like that before? maybe the shot wasn't fatal and Chloe will be OK and it will be super David to the rescue! OK. I know I'm clutching at straws but you never know...
    1. Shot in the middle of her head... I don't think so.

    2. When Max altered William's life, she altered everything and everybody William was interacting for 5 years. Now she would go only a day to the past and prevent Chloe from being dead and Max from being... I don't know. Fatally drugged?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    1. Shot in the middle of her head... I don't think so.

    2. When Max altered William's life, she altered everything and everybody William was interacting for 5 years. Now she would go only a day to the past and prevent Chloe from being dead and Max from being... I don't know. Fatally drugged?
    Just seems like Chloe is destined to die. First in the girls bathrooms and then again in the junkyard. Is it just bad luck or destiny? all books & movies around this time altering premise seem to all come back to the same conclusion; you can't change everything.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBattleBeard View Post
    Just seems like Chloe is destined to die. First in the girls bathrooms and then again in the junkyard. Is it just bad luck or destiny? all books & movies around this time altering premise seem to all come back to the same conclusion; you can't change everything.
    Every one of those deaths were easily avoidable. And was, basically, her own doings. It can't be universe's fault that Chloe is so careless.

    Well, at least i am think so. But authors of the game could indeed mean that Chloe is destined to die. If so, that means that this game have very infantile message.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    Every one of those deaths were easily avoidable. And was, basically, her own doings. It can't be universe's fault that Chloe is so careless.

    Well, at least i am think so. But authors of the game could indeed mean that Chloe is destined to die. If so, that means that this game have very infantile message.
    Indeed, the "bound to die" thing has been done to death since Sophocles (or maybe even before that). But since the game has been very creative on every other aspect, I do hope we will avoid the old "unavoidable fate" stuff
    Last edited by RanXYZ; 3rd Aug 2015 at 16:03.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    134
    Maybe Chloe won't die but I still suspect some important and likeable character will. Its the last episode so the writers are going to be in full gut-punch mode. Stories like these rarely have a happily ever after. It wouldn't surprise me if David was the unlikely hero and pays the price for it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    523
    If I recall correctly, there's still an Chapter due called 'Intense Focus.' It's a safe bet Max will travel back. The title suggests it may take her more effort than before, though (maybe she can't hold the photo, as she's tied up?)

    And Chloe will not die... Or at least not stay dead like that. If for nothing else, because this was a cliffhanger: and cliffhangers simply can't spoil the ending. The brutality of Chloe getting killed like that took me aback a bit, though, but I'm fair confident she will be okay. I'm far, far more worried -- rather, sick to my stomach even -- about the fate of Max, who can use a rewind, but won't conveniently lose the memory of her experiences. So, please, Dontnod, don't harm her.
    signature image

  14. #14
    maybe same scheme as in 4.? in begining some torturing and she got one of selfie and jump...

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    I was thinking about fatality of Dark Room's ending and I got to... selfie. That one which drunk Warren took. If Max survives, she can go back.
    and everyone thought selfies are stupid...

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by meimeiriver View Post
    If I recall correctly, there's still an Chapter due called 'Intense Focus.' It's a safe bet Max will travel back. The title suggests it may take her more effort than before, though (maybe she can't hold the photo, as she's tied up?)
    What if Max finish where all of this started: in the bathroom. Maybe she'll try to rewind time with the photo she left on the floor. And as the photo is torn in 2 parts she'll succeed but loose her power..

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanny_14 View Post
    What if Max finish where all of this started: in the bathroom. Maybe she'll try to rewind time with the photo she left on the floor. And as the photo is torn in 2 parts she'll succeed but loose her power..
    Could be. I just hope they won't go 'The Butterfly Effect' movie ending on us, in which the only way to make everything right is to let Chloe not leave that bath room alive. That theme has been done to death (minor pun intended).
    signature image

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    523
    Btw, did anyone else think Warren acted in a bizarre, faux drunk manner?! Not sure it was just a pretext to take a snapshot of him and Max, but drunken act was definitely strange.
    signature image

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    134
    Remember, before she can reverse time she will be at the mercy of Mr J and Nathan. There might be some people wishing they had mercy on Nathan in the episode prior. Karmas a *.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by meimeiriver View Post
    Btw, did anyone else think Warren acted in a bizarre, faux drunk manner?! Not sure it was just a pretext to take a snapshot of him and Max, but drunken act was definitely strange.
    Well, he said he just wanted once to behave like an average teenager after all that violence.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBattleBeard View Post
    Remember, before she can reverse time she will be at the mercy of Mr J and Nathan. There might be some people wishing they had mercy on Nathan in the episode prior. Karmas a *.
    Nathan's jacket was in that bunker too, btw. Which was kinda strange: I mean, who walks out of a vaulted perv bunker, leaving his jacket?! I'm beginning to think, more and more, that Nathan may be a victim too somehow.
    signature image

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    That photo of the Photo Memorial Wall isn't available anymore but... that photo of the butterfly... You can se Max's face there. Perhaps she can there and grab the toren photo before Nathan and Chloe show up. I hope Dontnod won't do that totally expexted "Max has to let Chloe die in the bathroom" ending.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    I was thinking about fatality of Dark Room's ending and I got to... selfie. That one which drunk Warren took. If Max survives, she can go back.
    But how will she go back? When she got drugged she couldn't use her rewind, What if this is permanent? and will we lose Chloe?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaphone34100 View Post
    But how will she go back? When she got drugged she couldn't use her rewind, What if this is permanent? and will we lose Chloe?
    Well, we don't know. Why couldn't Max go via the selfie, perhaps drugged and tell Chloe everything, collapses and then will appear in the present, where she and Chloe are alive because the haven't met with Jefferson (and Nathan?).

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1
    I hope the Warren-selfie theory is true, but I see one problem. Why is it possible to warn Victoria from Nathan if you can rewind.. But maybe Max wakes up together with Victoria in the bunker if you do not warn her. Possibly you can go back in the photo after that..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •