Thread: Square Enix: IGN Polls

Square Enix: IGN Polls

Square Enix: IGN Polls

Wow, 27 titles! That's over a quarter of the list!
    We couldn't be prouder of such an achievement but we have you guys to thank! Give yourselves a big hug for being the best fans around!

Did any of your favorites miss the list? Any reordering you'd like to do?

Check out the list breakdown:
    www.ign.com/top/rpgs

#97 FINAL FANTASY VIII
    #94 Vagrant Story
    #88 FINAL FANTASY IX
    #84 KINGDOM HEARTS
    #81 DRAGON QUEST VII
    #76 Illusion of Gaia
    #75 Front Mission 3
    #73 FINAL FANTASY
    #68 KINGDOM HEARTS II
    #67 FINAL FANTASY Tactics Advance
    #64 FINAL FANTASY X
    #62 The World Ends With You
    #61 Chrono Cross
    #56 Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
    #49 DRAGON QUEST V
    #47 Xenogears
    #40 Ogre Battle
    #29 DRAGON QUEST
    #27 DRAGON QUEST VIII
    #25 Deus Ex
    #21 Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
    #15 Secret of Mana
    #14 FINAL FANTASY Tactics
    #11 FINAL FANTASY VII
    #5 FINAL FANTASY IV
    #2 Chrono Trigger
    #1 FINAL FANTASY VI

#88 FINAL FANTASY IX

About 88 places too low.

Interesting. VERY interesting.

This proves that Square Enix knows how to make good RPGs (I have 16 of those on the list).

I'm pretty surprised that Final Fantasy 6 is on top; that's my most favorite FF game.

I wonder why FFVI ousted CT this year, usually CT is at the top and VI is somewhere around number 5 with VII.

I really want to know which person of IGN put this incredibly single opinion list together?

Thats not just over a quarter of the list, its also First and Second place

I have played nineteen of those games, and own, I think, sixteen of them.

IGN: Top 100 game creators

Top 100 game creators: games.ign.com/top-100-game-creators/84.h...

And out of everyone, Mr Tetsuya Nomura is the only current Square Enix creator on that list. Congrats to Mr Tetsuya Nomura.

Interesting to see how Amano, Uematsu and Sakaguchi made it. Shows how Final Fantasy is a really strong brand.

Sakaguchi-San once described final fantasy as a moving thing.

its always evolving and moving foward.

while im not a huge fan of 13,i can appreciate the need to evolve and change.

I bet a sequal to Chrono Cross and Chrono Trigger would add one more game to the top 100...

na.square-enix.com/go/article/view/blog/...

IGN is holding their "Best of 2012" Awards with some of Square Enix's titles nominated for a wide range of categories. If you want to see SLEEPING DOGS, FINAL FANTASY XIII-2, and KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [DREAM DROP DISTANCE] win their categories, head over to IGN to cast your vote!

As Robert's article states, you'll be able to write in your personal winner for each category. Here's your chance to make your favorite Square Enix game stand out!

So what was the best game from Square Enix this year? Which game had the best graphics on their platform? How about the best story or music? Gameplay, too!

Super mario rpg is my favorite i hope Geno is in the new smash bros for wii u. or even a super mario rpg sequal with Square and nintendo both working on it. and with the same allies. that is my dream game

they havent done a worthy rpg in the last 15 years

I own 20 of the games on that list. I don't care what order they appear in. It's nice to see all of these great games recognized over and over on so many lists after all of these years. I miss the days when just about everything Square released was "great" to "epic". After my 22 years with them, I feel that the quality has dropped to "OK" to "good". It isn't really a "nostalgia" thing with me. I feel that Square-Enix has gone a little off-course over the last decade.

Notice how none on the top 100 are any recent games? Square Enix you have to fix that!

Dragon Quest 3 should be on that list. I clocked over 300 hours on that in just one of my playthroughs...