Thread: Legacy of Kain games on Windows 10

Legacy of Kain games on Windows 10

I recently took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 and then did a clean install of Windows 10, unfortunately Blood Omen 2 freezers at the tittle screen, Soul Reaver 2 crashes if you enable antialias. Soul Reaver and Defiance seem fine so far.

All games are in compatibility mode of XP SP3. I just thought I would mention this for fellow upgraders. I'm going to dual boot Win7/10.

Reviving this issue, I just found a youtube who managed to make Soul Reaver 2 work perfectly on Windows 10. I just made an attempt with Soul Reaver 1 and Blood Omen 2 as well, no issues whatsoever.

LET THERE BE PEACE UPON THE EARTH!

All LOK-games work nice under Windows-10 (x64, nVidia and Intel HD, without Compatibility Mode), all problems and their solutions are in Steam-threads (or in threads on this forum).
    Search in help.
    Support of LOK-games is the duty of Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by wrace0 View Post
    All LOK-games work nice under Windows-10 (x64, nVidia and Intel HD, without Compatibility Mode), all problems and their solutions are in Steam-threads (or in threads on this forum).
    Search in help.
    Unfortunately I didn't experience that simplicity, prior to dgVooDoo Defiance was the only game working in Win10 x64 natively while the rest went CTD - including various fixes and solutions. So far I managed to get all those games working in dgVooDoo, hence my post in case someone else is in the same situation.

dgVoodoo - is very cool and known (already several months) solution to fix problems with old-games.
    But in the case of LOK-series, this utility is not so needed (may be just for BO1 to do not use Compatibility Mode and to have more nice work of this game under Windows-10).
    You are just very late with this knowledge.
    Support of LOK-games is the duty of Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics.