Thread: Duo queue in SOLO LEAGUE = STUPID

Duo queue in SOLO LEAGUE = STUPID

Duo queue in SOLO LEAGUE = STUPID

I don't know gave this the thumbs up but they obviously don't understand the word SOLO. There is no reason for this. It is just a unfair advantage in SOLO ranked. Easy and completely unfair way for people to boost their rank/ pub stomp.

Again I am gonna keep burning this into the ground but SOLO QUEUE should be SOLO QUEUE. This needs to be fixed/removed/etc as soon as possible. I've already dealt with multiple duos DESTROYING my teams because some other idiot did not put a LEVEL REQUIREMENT for ranked... so not only am I getting people who shouldn't be playing ranked at all plus having said new players against people who are competent AND working together better than solos.

#RemoveDuoFromSOLOqueue
    Last edited by Bazielim; 31st Jul 2015 at 20:46. Reason: tou violations

I agree with the fact, that Solo and Duo should maybe not be merged,...
    BUT

SOLO QUEUE WAS TERRIBLE!
    Solo ranked had nothing to do with skill nor teamwork, as you had almost noone on your team you could rely on. At least now you can bring ONE friend and have some team synergy going on.
    Now I'd prefer 2x2v2x2 where possible, but for Beta purposes, this is just fine!

Now. if anything I would say remove Solo queue and require Duo Ranked.
    Solo ranked is a pain and I didnt bother playing it. Duo queue at least is somewhat fun.

yes, somewhat fun if you play duo, if you are in the enemy team with 4 random player, is not fun at all, i agree, is SOLO series, why add team of 2? why in the name of god?

Have to agree. Its too easy for people who are coordinated to control a room. Zero logic for this in solo queue. If its changed to be solo/duo at least get in game chat up to par so people can attempt to coordinate in pugs.

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    I agree with the fact, that Solo and Duo should maybe not be merged,...
    BUT

SOLO QUEUE WAS TERRIBLE!
    Solo ranked had nothing to do with skill nor teamwork, as you had almost noone on your team you could rely on. At least now you can bring ONE friend and have some team synergy going on.
    Now I'd prefer 2x2v2x2 where possible, but for Beta purposes, this is just fine!

Now. if anything I would say remove Solo queue and require Duo Ranked.
    Solo ranked is a pain and I didnt bother playing it. Duo queue at least is somewhat fun.
    What do you mean remove solo queue?
    What is if your friends are not up...you can´t play then?!
    Why don´t you suggest another mode instead.

I also do not see that there is no teamplay, I think it is depending on the matchmaking, which is another theme and another problem, because of the amount of players.
    I also do not see a bigger sence in having duo queues in a 4 man team...I mean I don´t care..but why don´t go for solo queues and 4 man team queues...aaaand then maybe bring other modes like duo to make it intresting and to co-up with other duos.

I agree. I play most of my matches solo and I can tell you there's a huge difference in having just 1 friend playing with me. Mainly because I know how they play and what they would do in most situations. Not to mention that the voice chat in this game is not used so obviously if you're going up against a team that is using teamspeak or some other VOIP program they have a huge advantage.

Solo should be solo otherwise it is not a true indication of your or anyone else's skill or lack thereof.

I've come across several people who play ranked terribly and then when asked they say they are new and are practicing. New players should not be allowed in ranked.

I think that solo leagues should be solo and definitely not premade duo teams.
    Because i have to work hard and fight for each point, and i play alone most of the times.
    You are thrown in the arena and must survive on your own with the team you join.
    why should ESL duo teams for instance have an advantage when they play.
    I see premade teams win almost every match they play, and i strongly feel that this is not right or fair
    compared to regular players. One thing i'm certain of, you can't win (almost) every match when you play alone. Maybe you could split the score in premade score and solo score to show who's the best (scoring) solo fighter. So like two scores for each player, best duo/premade team and best solo player.

Distort
    Last edited by Burial_Ground; 6th Aug 2015 at 13:21.

My main is Esl is summoner. Plus I have no sideclasses to feel 10/10 comfortable with.
    This for saying I fell good at it, okay? Well, in the solo series I simply drop my class, no teamwork and no "good" players in my team; I needed to force any play, I was not able to trigger any combo. I just picked up the reaver and play for myself carrying damage, kills, less deaths, omg mlg and stuff. With the duo queque I was able to play my summoner again, help my team and, why not, finally I also had fun!

So: better balance within team (not just between) or keep the couples.

And to be honest... 90% of duo players are randoms not even in team.speak or stuff like that, I don't know why guys here are so scared by parties or banners.. you are allowed to have fear of 3-4 men stack of esl top tier teams players TRYHARDING, the others are just like you and maybe even worse than your skill level (from the moment that searching in group makes higher the average mmr of the raw guys in the party).
    Be corageus guys.. in other words: JUST DO IT!
    With love.
    Atmosphere
    Last edited by Bazielim; 6th Aug 2015 at 14:20. Reason: tou #3

Originally Posted by CptUncino
    My main is Esl is summoner. Plus I have no sideclasses to feel 10/10 comfortable with.
    This for saying I fell good at it, okay? Well, in the solo series I simply drop my class, no teamwork and no "good" players in my team; I needed to force any play, I was not able to trigger any combo. I just picked up the reaver and play for myself carrying damage, kills, less deaths, omg mlg and stuff. With the duo queque I was able to play my summoner again, help my team and, why not, finally I also had fun!

So: better balance within team (not just between) or keep the couples.

And to be honest... 90% of duo players are randoms not even in team.speak or stuff like that, I don't know why guys here are so scared by parties or banners.. you are allowed to have fear of 3-4 men stack of esl top tier teams players TRYHARDING, the others are just like you and maybe even worse than your skill level (from the moment that searching in group makes higher the average mmr of the raw guys in the party).
    Be corageus guys.. in other words: JUST DO IT!
    With love.
    Atmosphere
    Yeah I get your point there.
    I don´t always have someone up to play with...tbh it have been maybe 1 1/2 days since beta launch.

So it would be nice to have something for ppl that play solo....maybe a solo-series or something like that.
    And ofc a main mode for teams.

----

I love all mods.

...okay...fine^^
    Last edited by Endsequenz; 6th Aug 2015 at 15:57. Reason: tou#16