Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Crash and rejoin penalties

Crash and rejoin penalties

Crash and rejoin penalties

For some reason on the leagues my nosgoth has "stopped working" and needs closed out. I have not crashed at on on the unranked matches today. Despite rejoining the league match I am then administered a penalty of 14 points. I crashed twice in a match and then lost the match, going from 85 points, down to 56 in one match. Is this supposed to happen? Why should I even bother rejoining?

If this is intended, then why bother having ranked at all ^^

Originally Posted by Lepunicorn
    For some reason on the leagues my nosgoth has "stopped working" and needs closed out. I have not crashed at on on the unranked matches today. Despite rejoining the league match I am then administered a penalty of 14 points. I crashed twice in a match and then lost the match, going from 85 points, down to 56 in one match. Is this supposed to happen? Why should I even bother rejoining?

middle top of the main forum page (where you pick the sub section for things like general discussion etc) there's a button marked report bug, please use it and fill in about that.

Noticed someone in a similar situation earlier this evening same thing, 2 DCs, 2 reconnects and a loss, and saw both times on the DCs the message about them getting the penalty.
    Possibly if the devs have got it setup this way atm, that they will consider changing it so if you DC and reconnect it wipes the penalty off so you dont get hit with it or multiples if you happen to DC a couple of times in a match, gives people a incentive to actually come back, atm if it's a double punishment for DCing points wise etc then thats a big disincentive to reconnect, which is why the devs need to look at it.

Thumbs Down game crash = -14 points penalty even if reconnect.

Playing a league match and the game dropped me out for no reason and banned me for 10 mins.

The dropping for no reason started update before last, was not a big deal when it was banning you for 3 mins now it's .
    Last edited by Bazielim; 31st Jul 2015 at 00:43. Reason: bad language

Game crash treated me as a Leaver

The game crashed, and when I reloaded tried to reconnect, it said game was full, Because I CLICK reconnect it should NOT consider me a leaver since I was trying to get back in.

The ban was increased after the last leagues alpha test as the 3 min penalty made no odds and you had a LOT more people "quitting" I'm not saying all of them quit, but you should definately if possible note the match id number (usually on the score screen it will say EU XXXXXX or NAm XXXXXX somewhere) so that if you do happen to crash etc then you can post the match number allowing the devs to more accurately pinpoint issues and hopefuly fix them faster.

game crash = -14 points penalty even if reconnect.

My first crash happened yesterday and i reconnected and went back in to finish the match.
    We lost the match and i lost 16points.
    Just finished the match where i had my second crash and the history repeats itself, but now i only lost 15points.

Ive played 500+hours and never crashed before or have these huge lagspikes i seem to get every match thats happening in league beta.

I really love this game but the frustration between the lags, points deduction and the newplayers that dont care if win or loose, is really taking its toll on my mouse and decoration :/

Its nice with new players but cant there be some sort of seeding for the league?

7 of 10 games i had the badluck to get an player that could not care less if they loose, when 1 player ends the round with(example from an previous game) 1kill 14 deaths and 4k damage.

Looked like they didnt even finish the new recruit matches.
    Maybe its just me but if below lvl 15 u cant enter league?

the same my game crash i would reconnect and i can't : i lose 15lp
    WHEN DO YOU ENDERSTAND THEY ARE NO LEAVER JUST BUG/CRASH/DC ...................

plz give me my 15lp i lost for nothing because i'm not a leaver, i finish the game even i'm 1v4 : i do it 2 time and i will do all 1v4 because i dont want lose LP and i never give up ...

if i had not lose this 15LP i could have reach blood league but now i need to win 2 game in a row ><

fiuu i reach eternal ^^ i'm 84th but with 14LP i could be 70th ;'(
    Last edited by seb16120; 2nd Aug 2015 at 03:33. Reason: merged consecutive posts and removed swearing

Yeah, today i crashed in a lobby, waited to recconect and someone else joined the match leaving me with the penalty of 10 minutes, so annoying

Yup, faced the same problem recently.

We've received this report since the recent patch. If you haven't already, please send in a bug report, mention your game crashing, approx. how long you took from disconnecting 'til being back at the menu screen. We will continue to investigate this issue so it isn't an ongoing problem.

Question for you all: was the game instability a new occurrence or an ongoing issue for you?
    Psyonix Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Ryan
    Question for you all: was the game instability a new occurrence or an ongoing issue for you?
    Yes, it appears as a new problem bind to that lag gap that came with recent patches. I mean, there was some problems before, yes. But not so often, crashes appears to me only with this sort of lag all players are complaining on.

Seriously, if I get 14 league points deducted just cos the game crashes I'll probably stop playing. I got kicked during a match last night & there was no reconnect option. I got blocked for 10 minutes then waited 40 minutes trying to find another match before switching off. It said I was still ranked Silver IV so I dunno if I got points deducted. With all the crashes & leavers (every time I play there is at least one 3V4 game) it's not a fair representation of your ability. Often you're fighting a pointless match because one person ragequit & another got kicked & the alternative is to leave yourself & lose 14 league points.
    It's too harsh. Most of the time you're penalising people because your game doesn't run properly.
    Orange liches from Blood Omen in Nosgoth asap pls

We've received this report since the recent patch. If you haven't already, please send in a bug report, mention your game crashing, approx. how long you took from disconnecting 'til being back at the menu screen. We will continue to investigate this issue so it isn't an ongoing problem.

It used to crash once a week, now it crashes once an hour. I built my machine specifically to exceed the recommended spec for Nosgoth and for graphics programming, so it should easilly cope. The periodic freezing is something I haven't seen since I was using my laptop in closed alpha,
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

its a new occurrence for me, cant remember that i ever crashed before the League Beta. that goes for the lag spikes also

CRASH CRASH CRASH

Hello!

Well i have a big issue here. I play mostly ONLY ranked league games although it's only during night time for EU players for me it starts at 8 PM - ends 6 AM. Awesome right? No, not really. And i get very many crashes since the last patch idk why. I also get visual bugs a lot seeing TEMP icons galore, also seeing skins have never bought in my inventory also won Ghoul-Caller Mantle in 5th day in the Daily Rewards system (turns out it was a medium forge chest... yey, not). Today i said to myself i'll go a QM just for the XP i need to level up like 4 more classes to get EVO skins/ELITE skins. Also i get random items when i want to choose other abilities in the game during a match. I have lag spikes on a GTX 760 2 gb-256 bit HOW!? Internet download speed is 11 Mb/s. When i had the horrible lag spikes 5 sec freezes ye i could handle it afterwards. Got a crash? Maybe 2 per game np i reconnected in like 1 minute i was back in them game, and we'd make the win. But in QM i got a crash cause why not?! and when i sought out to reconnect guess what? I am a leaver and i am banned for 10 minutes, REALLY?!?!?! I mean i could handle the uncomfortable but that's just wanting to get me mad. Make a FIX FAST!!! It's beyond just annoying, now i can't even play QM cause if i crash i get to be a leaver!!!

Just now it happened again and i filed an bugreport with server nr.
    we won the match but got no points for it and lost 14 in lobby.

Now i lost about 80 points due to bugs so that sucks tremendous amout of crap.

OK here's the deal since the last update everyone has crashes its OK I still reconnect but guess what I crash again and I reconnected again we lost and I lost 29 league points in the process k of been trying really hard in the league and this is what I get another new thing is when I'm playing I get sent back to the main screen for no obvious reason and I reconnect again to lose a bunch of league points this has been the worst update that we had to go through wer trying to win and a bunch of new lucky players get to win because of this system they have some lucky full match without crashing or being sent to the !main screen and win by luck I'm so so so so so frustrated and angry I love nosgoth so much but this is unbearable please fix this please

OK here's a new one getting sent to the !main screen mid match without notice this happened to me six times now and it was count as a loss and lost 14 to 15 points for each time what is this help please we need a fix soon I love nosgoth but I'm losing it now I can't play like this
    Last edited by Bazielim; 5th Aug 2015 at 18:43. Reason: merged consecutive posts

crash game

Hello.

Sometime when I join a game, the game crash and I'm disconnecte without I wanted it.

And each time I'm ban during 10 minuts.

it's unfair to be ban if I don't quit Voluntarily.

So thx to ban only players who quit game Voluntarily.

Match Reconnect broken?

I was playing Nosgoth ranked in the beginning of a match. I experienced lagging, and I was disconnected from the game. I tried to reconnect, but it took me nowhere. I tried to find ranked match, hoping it would take me to the match in-progress. But I was punished and received a 10 minute cool-down from all matchmaking, and also lost 14 points on my record and gained an additional loss on my record as well, even though I tried to reconnect.

BUMP BUMP!!! Answer admin/moderator tell us something about it, when are fixes coming or are those just hopes soon to die?

Yeah, this is a newer issue for me as well. I used to crash maybe once every couple o days, now I crash 5 games for every 1 that I don't.

Honestly, I'm one of the biggest proponents of the quitter penalties. I think it's much deserved if you willingly leave. But maybe it would be best to turn the penalties off until the source of the bug is found. I've been struggling to get above Sulver I for three days now because of this bug, where in the first Alpha I was in Blood-tier. It wouldn't be so bad if we got credit for reconnecting, but we don't even get that anymore, so I would just rather put up with people quitting because there's no penalty then to losey heard-earned rank simply because the game is bugging out and kicking me and stealing my points even if I immediately hop back on and actually manage to reconnect. >:/ I know finding and fixing the bug or configuring the system to recognize people who reconnecg and giving them back their points could take some time, anyway, so maybe turning penalties off for now would be the easiest short-term solution.

New issue since the last patch, what I've had is "nosgoth has stopped responding and needs to be closed" crash back to desktop and others who have DCd from a match when asked in chat "crash to desktop" have invariably reported that yep crash to desktop.

Also this is definately going to need to be sorted BEFORE october and the "cash leagues" start otherwise it's liable to end up in a lawsuit/class action lawsuit (when money's involved people will quite happily take the legal route).

It just seems this last patch underwent less internal testing on your part and well we've seen old bugs pop back up (the nosgoth has stopped responding etc) 3v5's along with a whole host of other bugs introduced with this last patch, think most of the community would agree this patch has been the worst one so far for issues/bugs popping up.

Possibly you need to consider reverting back to previous patch with the leagues active/preserved so people dont loose anything on the leagues, you also need to put in place something for players being cost points due to crashes as they WOULD like to have the hunter skin by the end of the league and are likely to be quite unhappy if they don't receive it due to being penalised due to crashes - possibly consider changing it so if a player reconnects on a league match the "leaver" penalty gets wiped so they dont loose out.
    There's nothing people hate more than being punished for something that's not their fault.
    Last edited by Guardian1uk; 5th Aug 2015 at 15:20.

so i dc, reconnect and still get -14 points for leaving. Why are we getting penalized for server disconnect errors?

Another match. Another dc. Another -14 points for a total of -28 points in 2 rounds. I'm trying to maintain and even move up in eternal rank. But the negative points for the server dc'ing me is killing me. how about if you make it to eternal rank you get eternal rewards so you dont have to fight the other team AND the server to make it to/maintain eternal?

just got dc'd from game #323112
    this is the 1st day it has happened to me and it happened 2x. = ) When it happens the game freezes,i bring out the windows taskmaster and them i see the nosgoth has stopped working. check online for....... pop up

Oh, and fyi, i get a lag spike at the beginning of EVERY game. lasts like 2 seconds.

Originally Posted by R3dLine237
    BUMP BUMP!!! Answer admin/moderator tell us something about it, when are fixes coming or are those just hopes soon to die?
    Actually admin has been good about responding and fixing the prob or at least working on them. these aren't the wow admins we are working with.
    Last edited by -Brawn-; 9th Aug 2015 at 21:06. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Can't reconnect when crashing in league matches

I teamed up with a friend to play a couple of league matches (yes you can party with 1 friend and play solo league).

Out of the 5 matches we played I crashed 2 times. But it wasn't your normal crash to Windows, I crashed to the Nosgoth start screen (or main menu).

Here's the problem: I couldn't reconnect to the league match. The button that normally would say "Reconnect" was a normal "Play" button. I had to wait, and worst of all I lost a lot of points and I couldn't do anything about it

So what's the deal with this crash? Is it a random crash, or does it only happen when you're in a party? Does anyone else have this problem, and is there a fix coming for it?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last