Thread: Lag/freezes for all players since patch

Lag/freezes for all players since patch

The patch is imminent according to Cat
    Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Just a quick update regarding the patch.

We're making sure everything is okay before confirming when the update will proceed, but we hope to push this update out tomorrow. More news as we have it!
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

The freezes have moved into the Lobby or homepage sort of while browsing the store, league, forge, profile, armory, inventory etc.

(click image to enlarge)

Tried to pay attention to events surrounding microfreezes, and it turned out that they occur some milliseconds before (which is the most annoying - you can still dodge, but the game wont let you =/): reaver jump attack hitting, roundhouse kick, tyrant charge connecting, hex shot charging, any big explosion (grenades, alchemist balls but a rarely see those freezes after or before light vial), sumoner minions ragdoll due to death, fully charged vampire attack (just before release and just before connecting), and so on.

Also, i experience a massive fps drops when people start to jump at each other and i am near the site. 3 vampires on the screen along with teammates (if they are nearby) mean fps of 10-15, wild sensivity fluctuations and death with or without microfreeze.

If i am far away (like 1/3 of a map) and have a clear view of the scene, i have nearly no problems.

that sounds like you need to tweek your graphics settings some more than anything else, as close by the vamp skins etc are more detailed, where as further away their less etc.

Thnx, genius.
    1. Graphics configuration on maximum quality subtract around 10 fps from 40 fps i have while everything is serene and there are no explosions.
    2. This is a modified unreal engine 3.5, EVERY game on this kind of engine i have and had in the past give me 150+ fps if i want it.
    3. Last year of so i was getting 150 fps on maximum quality settings.

Conclusion? Bad programming.

Freezes

Hi,

Came back to game for few days now and i cant stand freezes anymore, it happens randomly, from 0 to 3 by game, its VERY frustrating, i like Nosgoth and i d like to keep going so can someone here tell me how to fix it or ( what i think it might be ) can YOU, devs do somethin QUICKLY to end this.

PS
    cpu and mem are fine before, while and after freezing !
    W10 / 960 / 8gb

TY !

(click image to enlarge)
    See those fancy spikes? Half of them means death.
    In case you wonder why they do not overlap in everything, the one above is frame per second, the one below - millisecons between frames for each frame and it is seriously longer than the 1st one. They are shifted relatively to each other. If someone still doubt, i can provide the primary data.
    WHEN THERE WILL BE PATCH FOR THIS?
    How the game that do not allow to compete can be called a "competition"?

And that "league" is about to finish already. How the hell some peole can get their rewards if they just CANT be valuable for their team?
    That is another pay to win, but people must pay LOADS if money to be able to run this ruined remains of good gameengine.

MINIMUM:
    Processor: 2.0 GHz Dual core
    Memory: 2 GB RAM
    Graphics: Nvidia 8800 or ATI 2900
    DirectX: Version 9.0
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Hard Drive: 6 GB available space

I have at least 4 times more then that, but even when i cant make the game more ugly, i get the graphs like the one above.
    All specs have been sent to the devs for 2 months already, nothing changed.

And dont tell me "that is an open beta, it can and will have glitches". . If you sell something to customers, care to deliver that something.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 21st Aug 2015 at 09:46. Reason: Added thumb tags

Is it just me or are the lags stronger today than the last two days ... I mean my fps are between 60-130, but it looks like under 30 to me ... like some frames just "stay" for several hundred milliseconds ...

there was a point in this game where the animations where fluid, now the animations are "warping" vampires around like distenzes up to 1,5 meters ...

and this with <40 ping and 60-130 FPS ...

is it the anticheat that is doing this to us? (new and improved )

EDIT: also if I play Prophet (or may I just dont notice it on hunter because of the high firerate) sometime I fire 3-5 bullets INTO a vampire (the hit reg. X pops up) and they take ZERO dmg .... what the heck guys ...
    Last edited by Wolf_the_Legend; 20th Aug 2015 at 15:19.
    signature imagesignature imagesignature image
    GTX 970 - i7-3770 - 16 GB RAM - 1920x1080, 120 Hz - Windows 7 Prof.

Can we please have a limit placed on the size of images placed/posted into a thread to save "lets scroll the page left and right just so we can read each whole post"?

Originally Posted by Guardian1uk
    Can we please have a limit placed on the size of images placed/posted into a thread to save "lets scroll the page left and right just so we can read each whole post"?
    the Image frome post #108 has like 30 cm on a 27'' monitor, what is half the space in the horizontal of my screen ... every other post take the up the same space, so I gues there is something messed up with ur browser settings ...

btw ... a new (decent) Forum would be nice anyways ... my old GW clan used this kind of forum http://support.forumprofi.de/index.php like 10 years ago and it was alredy better than this

This is the official Square Enix Nosgoth forums. I doubt we'll get one "better," whatever your opinions on the matter may be. Personally, I never noticed any difference between this one and one of those old ezboards.

terrible lag/warp since last patch, even worst then before

im surprised no one open a topic about...

i experience terrible lag and warps since last patch, so terrible is really make me feel i cannot perform and play well.

also before the lag was bad with lag spikes and wars, but now even more.

no, is not my connection:

and im now in location with bad router and low internet, in my main location connection directly with a 200mbit same issue...

in my main location with 500mbit with optical cable directly in my house and a 100 euro asus router, the same issue.

other game perform as usual.

the last patch really destroy the netcode, the only good thing is now with hunter i hit better the enemy, beside this is a hell of people warp, myself warp and move faster on map time to time, with vampire i cannot meele and so on.

no one experience this stuff?

what buggs me the most, is that I dont get a notification from my "Subscribed Threads" ... I have to keep them open so I dont loose track -.- ... but its not like there is something postet every day ... and 14+ Threads open in a browser is just BS ... so I actualy loose track of several Treads I subscribed to (months ago) ...

and also that the forum loggs my out every day ... and wenn I logg in I´m not even in the tread I was in ... I´m not even in the nosgoth forums any more ......

Nosgoth is Lag

Nosgoth is lagging every match my internet is fine I can play other games perfectly but not Nosgoth I dont know whats wrong
    Oh and you can see vamps shadows on the ceiling if you are in a building
    Last edited by JackEr4; 21st Aug 2015 at 15:30.

Er...if you go to "quick links" at the top, there's a link for "subscribed threads." That'll show you the threads you've commented on and whether they've had replies or not.

this is also off topic lol

The freezes seem to be semi back. Some matches I get some small hickup and then it returns to normal. But in the league lobby I get massive freezes.

(click image to enlarge)

yea appeared again. not frequently but appears.

I love how Nosgoth makes me 'lag' whilst I have an overall of 30 ping. Getting sick of those (micro-)warps which happen from time to time. I blame faulty code more than networking stuff.

I don't know if it's just me, so wondered if other people have had an issue from tonight's patch (27th)?

I had a massive drop in my FPS at some points in a game (only got to play 2 so not sure if it's too frequent). It was ok last patch.

FPS dropped from 50 to 2-10 for a bit, I just had to stand still as it was lagging/skipping all over the place, I wasn't able to check my ping though to see if this was wacky. The matches were Crucible TDM and Sommerdamm CtB, I think Sommerdamm was the worst of the two.

Generally though tonight my FPS has been the best it's been in a long while!

I think I had a some sort of simmillar problem. Started a match and then was stucked at "syncing online profile" for a very long time (my team succeeded to die each one by this time) . So I was forced to restart the client and reconnect. I think it was some kind of lagg.

may steam forum got a remedy http://steamcommunity.com/app/200110...9700567260/#p2

I will wait for a fix, because I´m not going to delete 500 Items myselfe -.-

btw ... why the 24h perks are not deleting them self after 24h ... it just makes no sense to have this in ur inventory .... same with booster -.-

sooo .... is there any fix on the horizon for this "reward"-chests that make ur game lag like ?

this is going on for weeks now ...

For those of you still experiencing microfreezes or lag, could you send me a private message with your Steam profile link? Just use the subject line "microfreezes/lag" and specify in the body of the message what you experience (briefly) and include your Steam profile details.

You can find your profile link through Steam, just click so you're viewing your own profile page, and then right-click on your name and select "Copy Page URL". Here's mine for example: http://steamcommunity.com/id/saikocat
    (If you didn't specify a custom URL you'll have a URL like this instead: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198109374236
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

@Saikocat

I'm pretty sure that atleast 90% of the ppl that still expierence lag/freezes, just need to tidy up their inventory...
    Until 2 day ago I still had a lot of problems with lag/freezes (mostly when using skills), then a friend told me to delete my chests.
    So I deleted my 107 chests... since then I never observed a single lag/freeze !

As stupid as it sounds.. this fix worked apparently for a lot of other ppl too....
    signature image

Page 5 of 6 First First 123456 Last