Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Achievement bug Xbox One - Shutterbug 45G

Achievement bug Xbox One - Shutterbug 45G

Anyone else have a problem with the achievement for all optional photos not unlocking after you get them all?
    I got all the photos in one run and it didn't unlock.
    Then I even went back in collectible mode and got them all again, it still didn't unlock.
    The Shutterbug is buged...

Hey VapoChill,

Have you managed to collect all 10? I've seen videos of players unlocking this achievement on Xbox One so I'm keen to get some further info.

Could you send me screenshots of all the photos you've collected + your achievement list?

Thanks

I am also having this issue, all photos collected in a single playthrough, every achievement for each photo has been unlocked apart from the one for getting all the photos, 'Shutterbug'.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oob7oixcfz...%2043.jpg?dl=0
    Last edited by Kroesis; 1st Aug 2015 at 09:26.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottBlows View Post
    Hey VapoChill,

Have you managed to collect all 10? I've seen videos of players unlocking this achievement on Xbox One so I'm keen to get some further info.

Could you send me screenshots of all the photos you've collected + your achievement list?

Thanks
    Yup, got all 10 here's a screenshot: http://static.tweakers.net/ext/f/xv0...iLtbI/full.jpg

Thanks.

i have the same problem as well cant get it to work i even tried uninstalling my game and replaying the episode and the achievement wont budge and yes ive taken all the photos 4 times over now with new saves and everything

Hello,

Could you let me know what the last photo was that you took?

Personally the last pic I took on my initial playthrough was the moons, no. 10 on the list.
    I have however now played through the episode another two times from scratch, collecting the photos in order, first replay I again got the moons last and the second replay I got the skeleton picture last. Neither time awarded me the achievement. I've even deleted and re-downloaded the episode to see if that would work, but it didn't.

Hello,

Were you online or offline when playing?

I'm having exactly the same problem. I've removed then reinstated my account on my Xbox. I've also deleted episode 4 and reinstalled it. I've completed the episode again on a different save slot. Still it won't unlock.

I was online throughout and have unlocked achievements in other games since.

Anyone had any luck solving this?

Hello,

Were you online or offline when playing?
    I was online throughout, I received the achievement for photo 10 immediately after taking the picture but the achievement for taking all photos failed to follow.

Thanks Kroesis,

Few more questions:

1/ Did you obtain all the other achievements from the other episodes before attempting E4?
    Life is Strange Episode Four Out now www.lifeisstrange.com
    Scott Blows - Life is Strange Community Manager
    Twitter @scottblows

I'm having exactly the same problem as Kroesis and I have unlocked every other possible achievement.

Thanks Kroesis,

Few more questions:

1/ Did you obtain all the other achievements from the other episodes before attempting E4?
    Yes I had every single achievement from prior episodes before I started playing episode 4.

i did the same as kroesis as far as the questions asked but i did have the achievements not notify/ping but were unlocked when i took the 3 missing photos in collectible mode. also i was wondering if anyone has any episodes bought on 360 even just episode 1 as well im wondering if there's a linking issue or something unlikely and overlooked at this point im trying anything unless there is a magic patch that will make it all happy and fuzzy on the horizon

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch444 View Post
    i did the same as kroesis as far as the questions asked but i did have the achievements not notify/ping but were unlocked when i took the 3 missing photos in collectible mode. also i was wondering if anyone has any episodes bought on 360 even just episode 1 as well im wondering if there's a linking issue or something unlikely and overlooked at this point im trying anything unless there is a magic patch that will make it all happy and fuzzy on the horizon
    I don't have any episodes on 360. I don't think it's related.

Same issue....

I am having issues with the achievement 'Shutterbug' on Xbox One. In my first online playthrough I took all 10 optional photo's and got the achievement for each photo but the 'Shutterbug' achievement did not unlock. I contacted Xbox support where they had me reset my xbox, delete and recover my profile, and recover my game save. This produced no change. I deleted all of Life is Strange and my entire saved game, redownloded each episode, played them all again taking all optional photos in every episode a second time on a completely new save file. Once again the achievement did not unlock. I have contacted xbox support who advised me to contact the developer.

I was online the entirety of both full playthroughs and xbox was not reporting any service issues with xbox live. I have unlocked all available achievements in life is strange to date, with tge exception of shutterbug, which will not unlock.

I went as far as to create a second Xbox live profile and play the entire game again on a new profile and the achievement will not unlock on that profile as well....

Hi everyone,

I've got some questions that will help us try to reproduce this:

- What choices have you made (Episodes 1 through to 4).
    - Do you own a season pass, or did you buy individual episodes?
    - What region are you in? (Europe, US etc)
    - Are all the other achievements unlocked - if no, which ones are to be unlocked still?
    - Did you play the episodes in order (this may seem like a weird question)

Many thanks
    Twitter @scottblows

@ScottBlows

1) I can't recall all of my choices if you can give me a template I can answer it correctly.
    2) I own the season pass.
    3) United States
    4) I have unlocked all Achievements with exception of 'Shutterbug' and Episode 5. (see photo)
    5) Every episode and achievement was unlocked in order of release.

Thanks for the extra info - I will pass this on to our QA team
    Twitter @scottblows

Hello,

I have some further questions regarding Shutterbug:

Xbox One has an extremely strict system for achievements. Once the title triggers the unlocking of the Achievement, the system communicates with Xbox Live to ensure the achievement is legitimate and, following a positive response, sets it to “Unlocked” on the user’s end. Only then the user gets a notification, and the achievement appears unlocked on their Xbox Live profile. However, if a miscommunication occurs during this process or if the Achievements service is having issues, the Achievement is instead set to “Unlocking” in the Achievements app, the user does not get a notification and it does not appear unlocked on their profile. According to one of our compliance testers who is also an Xbox Live user at home, the affected achievement might remain as such for several days before it is automatically unlocked.

This isn’t supposed to happen often, but we’ve seen times where Xbox Live has been having issues for several hours or days in a row during which some or all achievements would have this issue, regardless of the title.

You can check if this issue is occurring by selecting the achievement in the Achievements snap and seeing if it says “Unlocking” next to the padlock icon. I drew a red rectangle in this screenshot for where to look:

So my question is:
    • If you did not obtain Shutterbug when you took the last collectible photo, did the achievement for that specific collectible unlock?
    Twitter @scottblows

@ScottBlows

The achievement is just showing locked, as if it was never unlocked. As you can see from my last post on my whole achievement list of the game, I completed each photo in order on 7/29 which has been well over a month at this point. I have seen achievements that show 'Done! Unlocking...' but this was not one of those scenarios. It simply shows as locked and no matter how may times I try to take each photo again it never changes.

I do recall something that may help you. On 7/29 when I was playing the episode some of the optional photo achievements made me take them multiple times to unlock the achievement. This started around the time I went to the school and took a picture of the piled up rocks. I would either have to restart that chapter and take the photo again or wait 5-10 minutes after taking it for the achievement to unlock. I recall several instances where this happened (The rocks at school, the bigfoot tracks, the beached whales, the skeleton drawing in the restroom, and the two moons), so to at least some extent it was acting as if I was not taking the optional photos.

I hope some of this helps.

I am familier with the 'Done.. Unlocking' issues that the cloud based achievements occasionally has, this does not appear to be the case. The achievement remains locked, despite fulfilling all the requirements, it does not say 'done... unlocking'.

- What choices have you made (Episodes 1 through to 4).
    If you really need this then I'll take screenshots.

- Do you own a season pass, or did you buy individual episodes?
    Season pass

- What region are you in? (Europe, US etc)
    Europe. (UK)

- Are all the other achievements unlocked - if no, which ones are to be unlocked still?
    Yes, everyone apart from this, all unlocked with no issues

- Did you play the episodes in order
    Yes, each one as soon as released

Hi!

I'm hit by the shutter-bug as well. I contacted square-enix support back in August, but they were not very helpful. I also tried to contact xbox support and filled out there "missing achievement" form... no response, no unlocked shutterbug since then.

So I'll add my notes here since it seems worth the work....

I played all available Episodes shortly after they were available. I bought the Expansion Pass for all Episodes after I played through Ep.1 the first time.

I played all Episodes with the following pattern with two savegames:
    *) first playthrough... without any walkthrough. Tried to find photos myself and made decisions without any spoilers
    *) second playthrough ... get all possible photos with external hints. Make different decisions based on first playthrough

This worked up to Ep. 3 unlocking all achievements

Episode 4 crashed 2 times while playing and twice on the loading screen. Maybe that caused something bad.

Achievements unlocked in the following order (date according to trueachievements.com in CEST):
    photo #1: 01 August 15 at 17:14
    photo #2: 01 August 15 at 17:43
    photo #3: 01 August 15 at 18:10
    photo #4: 01 August 15 at 18:14
    photo #6: 01 August 15 at 18:47
    photo #8: 01 August 15 at 20:06
    photo #9: 01 August 15 at 23:55
    Finish Episode 4: Dark Room: 02 August 15 at 00:19
    break....XBO off
    photo #5: 02 August 15 at 11:36
    photo #7: 02 August 15 at 12:08
    break...XBO off
    photo #10: 02 August 15 at 15:48

No achievements from other games in between.

But shutterbug did not unlock with photo #10 and not at any time afterwards. It didn't unlock without notice since it is still locked at TA as well as on my XBO.

I can PM my Gamertag (which is different from forum nickname) if needed.

Last but not least I think it is worth to mention that I sometimes switch my XBO from German/Austria to English/Slovakia or English/UK to switch languages in games, because of XBOs stupid region->language dictation . I can't tell which Region I had selected while playing Ep.4, but I'm sure that I retried in collection mode with both German and English settings for all 10 photos at least once.

I'm also having a problem with this. I found eight of the photos on my first play through (around launch day), and then I went back today and found the 2 I missed in the collecting mode. I have unlocked all ten achievements for individual photos, but "Shutterbug" did not unlock. To answer the questions that have been asked:

Last photo was the moon one.

I was online.

I had obtained all other achievements before starting episode 4.

I took screenshots of my choices. You can see them here

I own the season pass.

I'm in the U.S.

I did play the episodes in order.

Any further info on this. I have completed all 5 episodes now and this is the only thing I'm missing, all requirements have been met yet it still will not unlock.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast