Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Achievement bug Xbox One - Shutterbug 45G

I sent a report about it last night to the official Achievement report URL that was posted in one of these threads. I have a minor case of obsessive-compulsive disorder so it's a little upsetting, I really hope Microsoft fixes the issue soon.
    Last edited by ShanePlane; 15th Mar 2016 at 00:06.

Thanks ShanePlane - i completely understand. I'm a big achievement/trophy hunter myself, and can really understand how upsetting this kind of issue really can be.
    Find me on the blog and Twitter

Add me to the list! I just filled out the survey linked earlier. I wish I wouldn't let something like this ruin such a great game! I finished Episode 4 on March 1st and haven't played since because of this. Going to start Episode 5 now and hope that this will someday be fixed so I have that nice 1000/1000.

Any new info on this guys? I took the last photo in ch4 on 9th march and still nothing. Took the survey, but dont think MS is going to do anything about this as they have been ignoring this problem for past year...

Hi,

I'm also having issues with Shutterbug not unlocking. I also had several issues with the other photo achievements as well in 'Collector mode' I'd take the required picture and nothing popped, so I'd exit and go back to the relevant level/section again and even though it may say 1/1 taken I'd go back in and retake it and then the achievement would unlock.

Episode 5 was particularly bad in that the 'Selfie Awareness' achievement which was the achievement for taking all photos in Ep 5 unlocked before the individual photo achievements had unlocked.

With regard to the individual photo achievements in Ep 5 I had about 5 saying 'Done - Unlocking' but went in the next day as I was up particularly late and the status was the same. So I went and re-took the photo's again and this did push the achievement through and they did unlock.

I'm now left with just the 'Shutterbug' achievement (which isn't showing as 'Done - Unlocking' for me) which by default I've obviously earned like everyone else here as it's the only achievement left, I've gone back and replayed Ep 4 and retook photos' I'd had issues with on that level before the achievement unlocked but still no joy.

This is a shame in my opinion because this has ever so slightly tainted what I think has been one of the best games I've ever played.

I'd have to assume that either the devs or MS can do something to unlock this achievement?

Steve
    Last edited by MAD4GAMES; 30th Mar 2016 at 12:39.

I was just messing around on my XBox One today, going through menus, updating my showcase, etc. I noticed that I had 1000/1000 achievement points for Life is Strange now! So, somewhere in the past six weeks or so, it looks like it was fixed! At least in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by pete_clarf View Post
    I was just messing around on my XBox One today, going through menus, updating my showcase, etc. I noticed that I had 1000/1000 achievement points for Life is Strange now! So, somewhere in the past six weeks or so, it looks like it was fixed! At least in my case.
    Hmm...nah, they haven't done jack s*** yet. Mine is still locked. This achievement was supposed to be unlocked on 11/12/15 for me, it's freaking May right now, 5-6 months later! Comes to show you that the devs don't care and aren't worried about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hellazay View Post
    Hmm...nah, they haven't done jack s*** yet. Mine is still locked. This achievement was supposed to be unlocked on 11/12/15 for me, it's freaking May right now, 5-6 months later! Comes to show you that the devs don't care and aren't worried about it.
    I'm waiting since August 2015 for it;-) I'm at the point were Square Enix and Don't nod joined the party of Ubisoft. I buy Games from these Publishers only after they proofed to be mostly bugfree and they are on sale. They all proofed that their games are not worth the full price.

I really don't care who's fault this is. In fact neither Microsoft nor SE cares enough to get this sorted out since 9+ month after I provided detailed information and filled out the "survey" *sigh* twice meanwhile. Feedback: NULL

In case somebody cares, my gamertag is MASHtm

It's really sad that such a good game gets destroyed simply by lack of support.

I've been in touch twice with Xbox Customer Service about this issue - Shutterbug is the only achievement that's failing to unlock. Xbox (twice) had me go through all the steps to make sure it's not an issue on my end. I first contacted them May 11th, 2016, and they said that it'd be unlocked for me in a matter of days. Days, weeks went by so I contacted them again tonight and they said the only thing I could really do is contact the game devs and cross my fingers that they could do something.

It's frustrating, for sure. This would have been my first 100% completion, which is why I cared enough to contact Xbox in the first place! Hoping it'll be fixed soon!

Quote Originally Posted by GDArcan View Post
    Hey folks, really sorry that it still hasn't been resolved. As mentioned before, we believe this is an issue on the Achievement backend on Microsoft's side (rather than a bug in game). We've most likely found the cause but Microsoft won't do anything without proof that can only be supplied by filling out the form above (http://xbx.lv/achsticky).

The bug is most likely not with the game itself (which is why players with the LE might also be affected) but rather in the way the metadata for this particular achievement is set up on Microsoft's backend. Hopefully with enough reports, they'll finally investigate it and be able to resolve it.
    Any news on this? It's been quite a while and you'd think Microsoft took a look into this already.

Will I ever get my last Achievement?

UPDATE:

My achievement just randomly popped while playing an other game. Not sure if MS finally responded to Dotnod's issue and fixed it, but thought I'd share.

That's correct. TA states it was "achieved" on 30.7.2016. It's hard to say thanks after a year, but...

Thanks.

I wanted to give everyone here a heads up. My achievement for Shutterbug finally started showing unlocked this past Friday. It was dated 10/21/2015 which is the day after I completed Episode 5. The date should have been 07/29/2015, but I'm not going to complain as it finally unlocked. Thanks to everyone here who fought the good fight and for everyone else I wish you all the luck in the world.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123