Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Achievement bug Xbox One - Shutterbug 45G

I as well have now completed all five episodes with every single achievement unlocked in order with exception to Shutterbug. The achievement is still not unlocking and no updates are coming through this forum.

Today I deleted my save game removed it from the console and the cloud, deleted every episode off of my harddrive, reinstalled every episode back on to my internal hard drive and played through the game making different decisions in different areas and confirmed every single optional photo from every single episode was taken. The achievement still has not unlocked.

At this point I am pretty much going to stay away from any future releases until this is fixed. I have contacted Xbox who claim they are aware and investigating but state it appears to be a game/developer issue. I have also brought it to the attention of XboxAchievements and TrueAchievements in hopes we can get someone in gear to correcting this.

Can we get any response of any sort?

I too am having this issue.
    I have officially completed all 5 episodes, and have every achievement but this one.

I hope this helps because I know exactly what happened. Steps to recreate my issue.

Play through missing three photos.
    One photo shows as Achievement Done... Unlocking.
    While waiting for that achievement to officially pop, unlock achievements for all other missing photos.
    When achievement finally unlocks and all photos are already obtained, achievement for taking all photos doesn't register as unlocked.

You may be able to add in a quick check every time a photo is taken to check whether the photo is unlocked and progress on the episode. That way taking a picture of one that's already been taken could trigger the achievement unlocks that weren't triggered before.

Hi everyone,

I wanted you to know that we are still investigating this with our QA department. I will post an update to this thread when we make progress - apologies that it's taking a long time to fix
    Life is Strange Episode Four Out now www.lifeisstrange.com
    Scott Blows - Life is Strange Community Manager
    Twitter @scottblows

I am having the same issue with episode 5's achievement "Selfie Awareness" on Xbox One. Every achievement in the game has unlocked for me except this one, and it seems to be glitched the same way "Shutterbug" is for people
    I collected all photos in order on my first playthrough except for in episode 5 where i missed optional photo 5 and went back in collection mode to get it unlocking the respective achievement but not "Selfie Awareness"

I am also having the same issue with episode 5's 'Selfie Awareness' achievement. My gamertag is RomanAround and I have been playing on Xbox One. I got the individual achievements for each of the 10 photos, but the achievement for finding all 10 never popped. I have tried re-getting the photos again in Collectible Mode and Deleting/re-installing the episode, neither of which worked.

Fantastic game but frustrating to not be able to claim a 100% record on my profile. If anyone from Technical Support can look into this, or offer any suggestions, it would be very much appreciated.

I made another thread too but just wanted to add my name here. Selfie Awareness didn't unlock for me on Xbox One despite having all 10 collectible achievements in Episode 5. I'd be happy to provide any additional info that you need for testing.

Hopefully the game can be patched to just recheck the achievement condition on the title screen or something.

One of my friends has had the trophy Camera Eye from the 3rd Chapter Chaos Theory no unlocking for him on the PS3. I just went through the chapter on his account just then as well and with no success. We try a Canadian version of the game and an Australian version.

Shutterbug Achievement is not unlocking for me too on xbox one.

The Camera Eye trophy did not unlock for me on PS3, I've tried many things in an attempt to unlock this trophy.

That's what I call pure laziness. How are you going to drop episode 5 without patching 4? Aside from that people are having problems with 5 too. What difference does it make what choices I made or what order I made them? That's up to you guys to fix the problem. What did you think, we were going to beta test the games for you too? It's pretty simple....people play episodes in order not out of order. We have all the photos. What else needs to be known? Fix the goddamn game already!

Well, at least they've admitted the bug. This is the reply I got from the Square Enix Support Centre on Aug 4 about the locked Shutterbug‏:

"We are sorry to hear that your achievements did not unlock. Unfortunately we are not able to unlock any achievements for you. We can only suggest that you try playing through the required parts of the game to attempt to unlock them second time through."

The correction does not seem to be complex, the question is if it's worth just for a few completionists like us.. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by staroplzenecak View Post
    We are sorry to hear that your achievements did not unlock. Unfortunately we are not able to unlock any achievements for you. We can only suggest that you try playing through the required parts of the game to attempt to unlock them second time through.
    The issue I have is that the primary resolution they provided you is something I have attempted at the very least 10 times, meaning this is not a resolution at all. The thing that gets me is that it unlocked for many users and didn't unlock for others, the question that should be asked is why and how did that happen.

I have played through episode 3 10-15 times over on PS3 to try and unlock "Camera Eye". No success.

Hey folks, Microsoft wants to further investigate the Shutterbug issue - we have an idea what the issue 'might' be, but they can't implement a solution without more evidence.

So, please visit this link on Xbox live, scroll down the bottom of the page and click on 'Take our Survey'. With the information you provide there, Microsoft may hopefully be able to confirm the issue and resolve it on their side.
    Find me on the blog and Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by GDArcan View Post
    Hey folks, Microsoft wants to further investigate the Shutterbug issue - we have an idea what the issue 'might' be, but they can't implement a solution without more evidence.

So, please visit this link on Xbox live, scroll down the bottom of the page and click on 'Take our Survey'. With the information you provide there, Microsoft may hopefully be able to confirm the issue and resolve it on their side.
    I am trying to complete this game in order to remove it from my drive. If all you can do is so many months later give us a link which a minority will see and even less care to complete, which will result in another few months for a fix or nothing, then I am speechless. Very very poor. This frustration was all it took to spoil such a great gaming experience. Nothing else to say.

Removing and forgetting the series.

still not fixed

cooome on, it's frustrating

ScottBlows and/or GDArcan

Any Update on this? I have reported all three of my gamertags on the microsoft form you posted. I checked as recent as yesterday and confirmed the issue is still present. I think most of us would simply like an update on this issue.

I got the LE today and its still bugged, not that I thought it would be fixed anyway

Quote Originally Posted by matrixman92 View Post
    I got the LE today and its still bugged, not that I thought it would be fixed anyway
    This! ^^ I had a feeling that once they released the limited edition this achievement would still be an issue. Smh. They didn't even bother fixing this bug, plus it's January 21st, 2016... I gave up on this game a long time ago
    Last edited by hellazay; 22nd Jan 2016 at 02:48.

Shutterbug is not unlocking for me on Xbox One. I've played the episode and taken all pics 3 times, and once in collectibles mode. Is this ever going to happen?

Guys, I pretty much gave up on this ever being fixed and deleted the game from my console. I went ahead and tweeted over to @xboxsupport and linked them to this forum. I advised them that a majority of the users followed through with the community managers request and we filled out the form for achievement issues. I wish you guys the best of luck in getting this corrected.

To SE and Dontnod, you guys made an excellent game and a compelling universe. This in no way ruined my overall experience but I wish you guys could have gotten the issue corrected.

Take Care Everyone!

Why hasn't this been adressed yet? I just want to have the 1000/1000.

I was bored today so I decided to check and see if anything in terms of a solution ever came about. Someone at Xbox contacted me after I made the post where I tweeted them above. They advised me to follow that link to report the issue and it will be looked at. So I guess just continue to do that since it doesn't appear any update is coming from the community managers or dev.

Hey folks, really sorry that it still hasn't been resolved. As mentioned before, we believe this is an issue on the Achievement backend on Microsoft's side (rather than a bug in game). We've most likely found the cause but Microsoft won't do anything without proof that can only be supplied by filling out the form above (http://xbx.lv/achsticky).

The bug is most likely not with the game itself (which is why players with the LE might also be affected) but rather in the way the metadata for this particular achievement is set up on Microsoft's backend. Hopefully with enough reports, they'll finally investigate it and be able to resolve it.
    Find me on the blog and Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast