Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Patch Notes - 29th July 2015

Patch Notes - 29th July 2015

Patch Notes - 29th July 2015

League Rankings Beta

The League Ranking Beta starts today, and will run from July 29th through August 24th, from 10am – 8pm PDT each day.

• A party option has now been added, allowing you to queue up with a friend for League matches. It isn't enough to make full premade teams, but enough to play with a friend who'll have your back (2 player party).
    • The League Rankings logic and back-end have been tweaked further, based on our Alpha 2 test.
    • League Placement now includes a minimum number of points, so leaving or losing a game after placement will have an impact.
    • Placement will put players between Silver II and Bronze V in the leagues.
    • General bug fixes to improve League Rankings.

League Rankings Beta Rewards

The following rewards are available and will be given out at the end of the Beta, depending on the rank you reach, and maintain:

• Players finishing the Beta season in the Eternal tier will receive 4 chest keys and an exclusive Hunter Skin.
    • Players finishing the Beta season in the Blood tier will receive 3 chest keys and an exclusive Hunter Skin.
    • Players finishing the Beta season in the Gold tier will receive 2 chest keys and an exclusive Hunter Skin.
    • Players finishing the Beta season in the Silver tier will receive 1 chest key.
    • For completing 5 ranked matches, all players will be rewarded with a player banner.
    • For competing in any ranked matches, all players have a chance to collect ranked-exclusive Occult item drops.

Leaver Penalty

For the League Ranking Beta, we have adjusted the Leaver Penalty. Quitting out of a match in progress now results in:

• A 10 minute ban from matchmaking.
    • The match will count as a loss.
    • You will receive the maximum League Point loss.

Scoring UI

• The Team Deathmatch round end screen has been updated to emphasize that the game is won through cumulative score, instead of the previous emphasis on each round win or loss.

Spectator Mode

• More information from the game exposed to spectators, such as the scoreboard, player health etc.
    • Spectator player view has a far more accurate camera, particularly for other players.
    • Removed player view from Noscam files; this was done to reduce the network usage of the game.

Daily Rewards

• Daily rewards has been updated to allowing you to initiate the reward spin, instead of automatically spinning

Store

• We have added new tags to the Runestone section of the store that promote the "Best Value" and "Best Seller" packages.

Known Issues

• Some players may very rarely get stuck in a a synchronization screen indefinitely when going in the Leagues from the main menu. Please report it to us on the forums if you experience this bug.
    • Closing the Daily Rewards window by clicking the x button will have it disappear until you reboot the game client.
    • Australian players can be matched with European servers, causing higher pings. Please let us know if this happens to you.
    • Player avatars may not always display in the League statistics menu.
    • Leaver penalty in-chat warning is not localised into French and German.
    • If your "Reconnect" option does not work after a disconnect, please report this on our forums.
    • One message is shown in debug text in-game and in the menu.
    • The "Play ranked match" button does not respond if the Series starts as the game session is open. Please find a match through the "Online" tab, or restart your game client when this happens.
    • The Crucible map can cause FPS drops on some configurations, and video memory errors. Please report your system specs to us in the forum if this happens.
    Last edited by Saikocat; 29th Jul 2015 at 14:41.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

I hope I can get that skin, I really want it :S

hey nice guys, im really happy about that party function :P

So if I play with a friend, do we have a team ranking, or will we have our own individual rankings?

Spectator mode and noscam changes sound very promising. Hope it plays out to be great. So it allows the viewer to get insight on the decision process of the player etc. Health, Cooldowns and Ammo would play a role there.

Known issues section and advice how to proceed. This is actually really great. I tip my hat.
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

Nosgoth is coming back online now! If you aren't prompted to download the update yet, please try restarting Steam.

Due to some issues with Steam a little earlier, it may be slow prompting the download for you.

We're now out of maintenance!

we can't join the game...
    http://imgur.com/22ObmUa

Same error here. My client version is 150724.114470 after I downloaded the patch.

Originally Posted by BLIZZ3D
    we can't join the game...
    http://imgur.com/22ObmUa
    im getting the same issue, cant join either . Viles validated and steam restarted to no avail.

You seriously picked the best day/timing for the patch... ESL in ~ 40 minutes and Nosgoth still not working.

We're aware some players are getting an error about accessing the build. Please try restarting Steam for now, but we're checking into it.

The Steam downtime may have impacted this since we were updating the build at the time, but we're checking what's happening and getting things back up and running.

Originally Posted by SquirtleAttaX
    You seriously picked the best day/timing for the patch... ESL in ~ 40 minutes and Nosgoth still not working.
    Our League Rankings Beta was due to start today, and that requires a patch, I'm afraid. It was unavoidable from our side.

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    We're aware some players are getting an error about accessing the build. Please try restarting Steam for now, but we're checking into it.
    Restarting Steam doesn't work.

This is why you don't patch 20 minutes before ESL is scheduled to happen.

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Some Players = all

Hi guys, yep same message here , waiting....

Just restart steam and still the same error.

UPDATE: ok, it's working again, thanks.

signature image
    The descent had destroyed me... and yet I lived.

Feel the wrath of the ESL players psyonix

Alright, it's working again, just in time

The issue with build access should be cleared up now. Please try restarting Steam first, but you should be able to get in the game now.

Got it to work again.
    Wether or not restarting Steam helped I cannot say, but I cant hurt.

Restart steam and solved here.

hope this time i can play the league -_- i ve been talking to the costumer support and still no reply for a fix of the problem preventing me from playing the league nor create a private match -_- ... i ll test and see

First league match joined:
    Huge Freezes,Fps Drops,Crashes,people left,3v4;Got punished for being crashed,Used reconnect button and still got punishment,after match ended.
    Last Sunday ESL got postponed for server problems.
    What's going on? Really.
    I'm playing this game since the first day and I can't accept that is going like this.
    I really Hope that at least freezes and crashes are gonna be fixed very very soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last