Thread: Ammo BOX on top of each weapon?!?!?!

Ammo BOX on top of each weapon?!?!?!

Ammo BOX on top of each weapon?!?!?!

Hello fellow gamers and fans of this extraordinary game.

I have a question .. does somebody knows if this ammo number box displayed on top of each weapon going to be present in the final game... because this is total s**(&^T to me .. seriously why would one brake the immersion by doing that .! ! ??! WHat is the reason behind it .. there is already displayed how much ammo you got in a magazine on the bottom right corner ??? So, if this ammo box will stay on top of each weapon without the option to disabled it .. guess what .. it would be enough reason not to buy this game ! ?!

Any explanation and thoughts on this are welcomed ! Because I just can't explain it to myself ... for the love of god WHY !? ?! ?!

Because it's FUTERISTIK.

It's always been pretty obvious that EM only put minimal effort into their study of futurism and determining what sort of technologies might actually become a reality, and instead relied mostly on the "rule of cool" when determining what to put in the game.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Originally Posted by muh3yxap4e
    Hello fellow gamers and fans of this extraordinary game.
    I have a question .. does somebody knows if this ammo number box displayed on top of each weapon going to be present in the final game...
    Welcome to the forum muh3yxap4e.
    Who knows if they will keep the additional counter in but it seems unlikely. I imagine it is just there for reference as the game demo we've been shown is only in Alpha build.

Originally Posted by Shralla
    It's always been pretty obvious that EM only put minimal effort into their study of futurism and determining what sort of technologies might actually become a reality...

EM did their homework. If you recall the interviews and blogs at the time, they intensely studied technologies of the future and consulted with leading professionals in the field, such as Will Rossellini.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

When I grow up, I want to be a futurist.
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

That stuff was present in the prerelease info for HR. I guess they didn't get it to work then because it wasn't to be found in the final game.

It didn't get a positive reaction back then for much the same reasons as now. It's pretty visually distracting and superfluous because the info is already on your HUD.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Thanks for your replies guys. I don't mind having ammo displayed on the gun .. but in this universe it should be implemented with the very gun .. so that the gun would have its own kind of diplay showing the number of ammo ... like in the ALIEN the most iconic futuristic assault rifle. But presented in such a way is just repulsive. Also I hope they change the newspaper font of all letters as it is .. just redicilous .. i want more like THIS ONE

I thought most HUD elements in the videos were placeholders, with the "not final, subject to change" disclaimers and all.

The font was particularly distracting.
    Why contain it?
    signature image