Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Episode 4 General thoughts (Spoilers, duh!)

Thumbs Up Episode 4 General thoughts (Spoilers, duh!)

Forgive me, for I'm still recovering from the emotional rollercoaster that is Episode 4 of Life is Strange. First off let me just say, wow, that was a very eventful episode, and not one dull moment. There is just so much going on but it's hard to focus on anything besides the final few minutes of the episodes.

WARNING: EVERY POSSIBLE MAJOR SPOILER FOLLOWS!
    I'll try focusing on the high points for me:

*Runs away from spoilers cause PSN hasn't released it in my region yet.*

This episode really affected me. I am a grown woman. I had already figured out who drugged Kate. I am still sad this morning (Central time USA). Did I make the right decisions? I don't know anymore.

This episode also affected me. Dontnod did a really, really good job this time.
    Beginning made me almost cry, yes I can resist tears, then I had fear when the suspense kicked in, then I actually cared about all the other characters. Frank turned out to be an awesome guy. Every other character which seemed flat had now a little more depth added to them. I finally saw Kate again, smiling! Nathan turned out to be even creepier than I'd expected. When the song kicked in at the party; "GOT WELL SOON" I thought it was going to be epic.. and then.. the girls did something stupid, something I'd never do myself with a friend or anyone. Going alone by themselves to a abandoned junkyard to get killed. Chloe's death shocked me priceless and Max being a hostage even more. Now all I have left is fear.

And it's still awesome. So they've done a great job. Now a strong plot base is set up for the final episode. I just hope Max won't die. I don't want her to die as Chloe or Rachel. Maybe David can save her. He can find all the prove in the room upstairs..

D@mmit.. this game. xD

He's gotta pay what he had done to all...

Quote Originally Posted by gildedfeniks View Post
    He's gotta pay what he had done to all...
    I really hope Max can do something about the current situation.
    Don't want her to die by some crazy psychopath.

I really enjoyed this episode, very eventful, little down time, almost in such a way I feel it was a bit rushed. My only big grip with it as of this time, after finishing it, is that I did not have the option to speak with Chloe and/or chloe's father about saving his life and the resulting car crash. I am ok with it being inevitable that he dies, but I just want to speak with them straight up about the option between him living and and her being paralyzed and him dying and her becoming punk. Like, it would have been cool for him to accept his death for his daughter and to have write a letter to her and Ms price about his decision to let his daughter have a turmoilous life but healthy and lively. If max wouldnt have the talk with them as the alternate present day, I would have loved to see her younger self sit down with the two and lay out the options and him walking out the door accepting his fate as Chloe cries, but when Max returns to the present she can give her the note from her dad from the alternate timeline and Chloe and max become even closer.

I know, I'd be awesome.
    But I don't think William would take Max seriously. Especially not considering her age and imagination.
    And of course, ep5 would be bended even more. Could be broken up into two pieces, which would require Dontnod to make two episodes instead of one for the fifth.

How would there be two? I'm not sure if your referring to alternative and original, but I was saying that the inevitable result of the conversation would still be William deciding to let himself die in the past via max to allow his daughter to have the life he wants for her. If they did it right I think they could have provided that closure and self sacrifice without creating so much of a difference for the 5th episode. Actually, im not even sure why chloes suicide in the alternate reality mattered as a serious decision if that alternate reality was erased, assuming it was erased. My curiosity is if the decision actually does effect something in episode 5.

Also, max has proven her ability to manipulate time before, to max, so I hardly consider it a question of whether she would be able to convince William she can if she just showed him her ability for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvare View Post
    I really hope Max can do something about the current situation.
    Don't want her to die by some crazy psychopath.
    Well if i my hunch is right even David can involved on our side. but definetely i really want to kill him for that shot also i bet david would too

I love this game, but I realized that it's not the kind of game that gives you any joy at all. It's always suspense, anxiety, sadness, anger, and now that I've played episode 4.. I just want to throw up. All that emotion is just so overwhelming, maybe a little bit too overwhelming. Nevertheless, I still can't wait for the last episode.

The first few scenes with Chloe didn't leave me in tears, but it was really sad and I'm glad that Max brought back the old timeline. It was inevitable, her bringing it back, but with this game you never know. Killing William? Sad too, wanted to cry but it wasn't sad enough. David leaving just made me feel way more sorry for him. The last episode opened my eyes to his actual persona, and right now I identify with David the most because despite the fact that he has the best intentions for Blackwell, Joy, and Chloe, none of us really saw that and only saw him as a step-douche. His leaving them now leaves me wondering whether or not his staying would have prevented Chloe's death. Probs not.

The confrontation with Frank was alright, I'm glad he complied and the moment the girls had a lead to where Rachel was, I kept thinking "Call Frank!" Dark room scene was creepy af, it brought me back to all the movies and shows I watched where there was a secret room for the serial killers/psychopaths. FINDING RACHEL WAS THE WORST. I always thought they would make something up like 'oh she ran away cause she's pregnant with frank's kid' or if she was being stored somewhere, i always thought they would find her alive but in bad condition. Death was the last thing on my mind because the ending of episode 2 threw me off. I played it twice to get the dead Kate and alive Kate endings, and I didn't know if the books meant Rachel was dead or alive. but NOPE she's dead, and hey she was the deer all along.

I sped through the party. My heart was beating so hard, I could not have rushed through that party fast enough. Talking to Victoria, okay, that was the one sunbeam in the game. It felt like progress. And then it all crashed down in a flaming pile of rubble right when I got to the junkyard. I hate drugs more than ever now. Also Jefferson reminds me of bloody face. Btw, SOOO symbolic when Chloe died over Rachel's body.
    Last edited by FrananaVI; 28th Jul 2015 at 15:01.

Also, max has proven her ability to manipulate time before, to max, so I hardly consider it a question of whether she would be able to convince William she can if she just showed him her ability for a moment.
    True. Possibilities with this story are endless. Can't wait to buy the next episode. Tha grande finale

Well if i my hunch is right even David can involved on our side. but definetely i really want to kill him for that shot also i bet david would too
    Most likely, or maybe the gun cliché.. where they'll fight with their hands and you'll have to grab the gun as fast as possible.

I love this game, but I realized that it's not the kind of game that gives you any joy at all. It's always suspense, anxiety, sadness, anger, and now that I've played episode 4.. I just want to throw up. All that emotion is just so overwhelming, maybe a little bit too overwhelming. Nevertheless, I still can't wait for the last episode.
    Me too man.

The first few scenes with Chloe didn't leave me in tears, but it was really sad and I'm glad that Max brought back the old timeline. It was inevitable, her bringing it back, but with this game you never know. Killing William? Sad too, wanted to cry but it wasn't sad enough. David leaving just made me feel way more sorry for him. The last episode opened my eyes to his actual persona, and right now I identify with David the most because despite the fact that he has the best intentions for Blackwell, Joy, and Chloe, none of us really saw that and only saw him as a step-douche. His leaving them now leaves me wondering whether or not his staying would have prevented Chloe's death. Probs not.
    That's good. David is a good guy. Chloe is.. was, really rebellious and reckless. All David was trying, was to protect her.

The confrontation with Frank was alright, I'm glad he complied and the moment the girls had a lead to where Rachel was, I kept thinking "Call Frank!" Dark room scene was creepy af, it brought me back to all the movies and shows I watched where there was a secret room for the serial killers/psychopaths. FINDING RACHEL WAS THE WORST. I always thought they would make something up like 'oh she ran away cause she's pregnant with frank's kid' or if she was being stored somewhere, i always thought they would find her alive but in bad condition. Death was the last thing on my mind because the ending of episode 2 threw me off. I played it twice to get the dead Kate and alive Kate endings, and I didn't know if the books meant Rachel was dead or alive. but NOPE she's dead, and hey she was the deer all along.
    Yeah, really didn't expect it to happen. After reading all the conspiracy stuff on the internet I thought Rachel had the same powers and disappeared from the "real" timeline. It was all so morbid and scary. Jefferson is the real psychopath in the story.

I sped through the party. My heart was beating so hard, I could not have rushed through that party fast enough. Talking to Victoria, okay, that was the one sunbeam in the game. It felt like progress. And then it all crashed down in a flaming pile of rubble right when I got to the junkyard. I hate drugs more than ever now.
    Haha, well, I did really like that epic song GOT WELL SOON. So I talked to a few npc's and watching some people party and having fun, not being aware of anything. But you can't blame the drugs.. it's the person that does this to other people that makes this whole situation bad.
    Last edited by Alvare; 28th Jul 2015 at 15:02.

Maybe, or maybe the gun cliché.. where they'll fight with their hands and you'll have to grab the gun as fast as possible.
    Nah it is too cliché like you said but i think Max save herself via going to lighthouse as you see in the after game main screen the tornado was there waiting October (some links say but not sure though) to show us what will happen

Jefferson is the real psychopath in the story.
    Like we still see that coming. No pun intend... oh max

True. Possibilities with this story are endless. Can't wait to buy the next episode. Tha grande finale

Most likely, or maybe the gun cliché.. where they'll fight with their hands and you'll have to grab the gun as fast as possible.

Me too man.

That's good. David is a good guy. Chloe is.. was, really rebellious and reckless. All David was trying, was to protect her.

Yeah, really didn't expect it to happen. After reading all the conspiracy stuff on the internet I thought Rachel had the same powers and disappeared from the "real" timeline. It was all so morbid and scary. Jefferson is the real psychopath in the story.

Haha, well, I did really like that epic song GOT WELL SOON. So I talked to a few npc's and watching some people party and having fun, not being aware of anything. But you can't blame the drugs.. it's the person that does this to other people that makes this whole situation bad.
    POint made, I hate Jefferson, Nathan, and every drug pushed now. Fictional and non. The whole NPC thing, okay I tried talking to a few. Courtney, Alyssa, that one guy who was seated next to the glowing box thing. But the effects of finding a dead Rachel were rampant, and I HAD to know how it was all going to end. Got my wish.

What's GOT WELL SOON? The song playing at the vortex club or the song playing in the junkyard scene?

POint made, I hate Jefferson, Nathan, and every drug pushed now. Fictional and non. The whole NPC thing, okay I tried talking to a few. Courtney, Alyssa, that one guy who was seated next to the glowing box thing. But the effects of finding a dead Rachel were rampant, and I HAD to know how it was all going to end. Got my wish.
    I understand. I must say I also didn't spoke to everyone and tried to rush through.

What's GOT WELL SOON? The song playing at the vortex club or the song playing in the junkyard scene?
    The song that kicks in when you first enter the vortex club.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReCdPcaDn4M
    The video is about a robbery gone wrong when a young girl, (daughter of the family) hangs herself and dies in her room upstairs.
    One of the robbers possibly saves/imagines her and freaks out, running away without the money or stolen goods.

Nah it is too cliché like you said but i think Max save herself via going to lighthouse as you see in the after game main screen the tornado was there waiting October (some links say but not sure though) to show us what will happen
    Lol. That whole place, (near the lighthouse) is a boobytrap. With logs of wood rolling downhill and with whole trees and light house architecture falling down. It's a good place to use against an enemy.

Like we still see that coming. No pun intend... oh max
    Now we have to wait for our redemption/revenge.

But about the fifth trailer, Alvare Maybe we will use the syringe to Mark before he can. But still we've got to wait for revenge.

I'm afraid that we can't undo what happened to Chloe at the end...
    If we can't...There's only one way to end this game epically...
    Max has to die too (but I'm a sucker for tragic endings).

What may happen, tho, and I sorta had this feeling all along, was that we are indeed in an "alternate" timeline already. It's hard to explain, but, is it possible that, as said, the game actually starts after this whole thing happened, at the lighthouse, and everything since has been Max trying to fix it? Maybe since it was such a difficult rewind for her (she had no pictures or nothing of the sort) she maybe lost her memory of what happened?

Also, this episode was EXTREMELY emotional. Remind me not to buy episodic games before the whole season is out next time (joking, Square Enix and DONTNOD, please, give us more, even without the characters we've come to love, I don't care, I just need more of your storytelling geniality!). And it was nothing like we expected, like, at all.

I always knew they'd come to break my heart into a million pieces at the end, but now...Now I know it's gonna be a billion. Episode five is definitely going to be another emotional rollercoaster...And I can't wait for it.

Further to what I just said, I just realized how bad this episode affected me.

I cried like a little girl at the beginning, and at the first Junkyard scene. I just wanted to hold Chloe so tight and never let go...
    And then, the end came. I felt numbed. I literally did not feel anything when Chloe got shot... Until now, 20 minutes later... Finally I'm processing it... And now I feel like my heart has been broken into so many pieces that they can pass through a keyhole. The thought that I might not be able to go back is just... Holy ...

Can someone please Explain the ending of episode 4??? Nathan texting chloe and it's mr jefferson that kills her????? Wtaf???? I am so confused right now ..... Can i save chloe? What did i do wrong?!?!

after watch Chloe s death 2 times in the same episode, im starting to think her death its inevitable, also the ghost deer as Rachel soul was a great touch,i also think Rachel gave the powers to Max so she could save Chloe and make justice for her murder

Quote Originally Posted by SimseLaJepssimse View Post
    Can someone please Explain the ending of episode 4??? Nathan texting chloe and it's mr jefferson that kills her????? Wtaf???? I am so confused right now ..... Can i save chloe? What did i do wrong?!?!
    I don't think you can (tho I'm still kind of wondering if saving the blue jay would have changed anything...I didn't find it )

I'm pretty sure Jefferson (who I actually suspected, what with the whole photo thing and all that) is "mentoring" Nathan. IIRC there was an anonymous e-mail on Nathan's computer saying something of the sort, but Max deduced it was his father.

Also, remember episode 1, when Jefferson said he could "put anyone of you in a dark corner and capture you in a moment of desperation"? Oh wow...I hate that man now...I hope they give me the choice between killing him and going to the police...I'm going to kill him, with God, Rachel and our blue angel as my witness I promise you this, JEFFERSON IS GOING TO DIE

Something doesn't quite make sense here tho... How come they didn't kill Kate? She died in my canon, so I can't find out.
    Anyone who saved her can help us here? Maybe she gave Max some clue about this on this episode?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast