Thread: Patch Notes - 13th August 2015

Patch Notes - 13th August 2015

Patch Notes - 13th August 2015

Store

• The base Weapons and Abilities (default unlocks) can now also be purchased in the store. These optional purchases allow you to create enchanted versions of the default weapons and abilities.

Adept Skins

• Adept Gold Skins have been added to the store. These skins can be purchased only with Gold, and are available for the Vanguard, Prophet, Deceiver and Summoner.

The Forge - Updates

• The Forge will now also give Blood Vials when Salvaging items
    • Skins can now be used in The Forge. Please note this only applies to skins from the "Marked" and "Exalted" collections at this time.
    • The basic items now available in the store can also be used in The Forge

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a UI issue with wrong images showing up in the Daily Rewards
    • Fixed an exploit that allowed you to edit an ini affecting movement speed on some abilities. This was particularly allowing the Tyrant jump attack and the Sentinel take off to move far and fast.
    • You can now turn on and off mouse smoothing through the options menu.
    • The players beginning spawn in counter will now not start counting down till the players armory is finished downloading. This will always allow the player to choose a loadout at the start of a match.
    • Fixed an issue that was causing Tyrants to get stuck in a falling animation after executing a player near a wall
    • Sommerdamm's minimap was updated to reflect the map changes
    • Valeholm's minimap was updated to reflect map changes as well
    • Fixed an issue with the "Hoarder" achievement
    • Fixed a grapple point in the Ruins section of Freeport
    • Resolved a speed increase exploit
    • Resolved a crash that affected some players during the loading screen, while in a party lobby
    • Fixed an issue with the Daily Rewards spin, where closing the window during a spin caused a crash
    • Reconnecting to a game now correctly reverts your penalty
    • The "Play Ranked Match" button now responds correctly if the series starts while your game session is open
    • Resolved a crash that could occur if you were in the character selection screen while loading a level
    • Fixed some tutorial crash issues
    • Fixed an issue causing Australian players to be matched with European servers
    • Fixed an issue with the Spectator cam, where you'd get stuck in the "Freecam" option

Known Issues:

• Due to a current bug, League Rankings' Duo Queue has been disabled for the remainder of the Beta test
    • The Leaver Penalty has been reduced for the time being, but still shows the old values in the UI chatbox. Rest assured the amount of time and points on the penalty are actually reduced in the game itself and this is just a UI issue. Quitting a match will current give you -4 points.
    • On very rare occasions it may be possible to run into a looped "Syncing" message within League Rankings. If the message doesn't disappear, please restart your game client.
    • When purchasing the Definitive Pack or Class Packs, please note that the purchased items can currently be Salvaged and Deleted if you choose to do so. Please don't!
    Last edited by Saikocat; 13th Aug 2015 at 15:49.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Wait, no Arcane->Mysterious enchant?

Originally Posted by Dron1508
    Wait, no Arcane->Mysterious enchant?
    Not yet unfortunately, we ran into a delay getting that in, but more Forge changes are coming soon!

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Not yet unfortunately, we ran into a delay getting that in, but more Forge changes are coming soon!
    Do you have the suggestions noted about removing stat modifiers without the effect, ways to control which effect you get, and toggling the effect on and off?
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Zero positive impact on performance. When this will be fixed?
    Why i am even asking =/

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Do you have the suggestions noted about removing stat modifiers without the effect, ways to control which effect you get, and toggling the effect on and off?
    Passed on a lot of feedback but I'll check on those specifically

Originally Posted by corpus_callosum
    Zero positive impact on performance. When this will be fixed?
    Why i am even asking =/
    The team are working on further improvements. Did you send me an email before with your DXdiag details? It may be helpful for our team, as the specific system configs are something they're looking into.

how big was this patch? I had to download a 1gb file through steam this afternoon. Before reading these patch-notes, I assumed this meant a new map was released...or two! Why the huge filesize? Was this just me for some reason?

"Skins can now be used in The Forge. Please note this only applies to skins from the "Marked" and "Exalted" collections at this time."

Are these only Exalted skins that have been purchased? I can't seem to use my Exalted Summoner skin in the forge, but I earned it through leveling instead of purchasing it.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 13th Aug 2015 at 20:25. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Originally Posted by FoboRising
    "Skins can now be used in The Forge. Please note this only applies to skins from the "Marked" and "Exalted" collections at this time."

Are these only Exalted skins that have been purchased? I can't seem to use my Exalted Summoner skin in the forge, but I earned it through leveling instead of purchasing it.
    You mixed it up.

Exalted (human) and Marked (vampire) skins are aquired through chests.
    What you are referring to is the Evolved Skin

I'm glad I held off from salvaging all my unnecessary equipment, I've gotten 15 bloods from just 3 pieces of equipment.

HOWEVER, there is an issue with the forge recognizing those blood vials when it comes to crafting. Every time I try to enchant, reforge, or recharge an item, it tells me I have zero blood vials.

Edit
    Nevermind, if you are having this issue a simple restart is all it took to fix it.
    Last edited by GenFeelGood; 13th Aug 2015 at 18:41.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    This one is needed. There's like no point using fx for esl-games, they block sight (especially as scout), sound is way too loud and you are more visible to your enemy.

Gotta say I had a pleasent evening with Nosgoth. No freezes, no lags in the game. The solo queue is very enjoyable to play for me. Close matches and not being feasted by teams.

Thank you very much
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

Originally Posted by kLauE187
    This one is needed. There's like no point using fx for esl-games, they block sight (especially as scout), sound is way too loud and you are more visible to your enemy.
    Yeah. I like the effects, but I can see why some people might not, especially in ESL. I would hope to not get flamed for leaving them active though. I don't play ESL, so maybe it wouldn't be an issue.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

One thing that bothers me:
    It was said that daily reward skins could be salvaged too. Will this come next patch or was it scratched? Whats the exchange rates for each type of skin (exalted, daily etc)?
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

Seemed like performance was better when I played tonight. No really bad lagging or freezes.

Totally loving the Adept Skins, btw. Deceiver looks awesome
    Orange liches from Blood Omen in Nosgoth asap pls

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    The team are working on further improvements. Did you send me an email before with your DXdiag details? It may be helpful for our team, as the specific system configs are something they're looking into.
    Yes, i did and you have passed it to the devs (at least your message says so). There was DXdiag report and full hardware specs you might or might not need from AIDA64.

new bugs i found:

- abilities sometimes without sound (puncture, pounce probably more/all)
    - weapon randomly stops shooting
    - still microlags/freeze

It's really terrible. It was much of bugs before this patch but not SO much!
    1. The game kicks out match much often than before.
    2. The game is still kicks me out of ranked match but now reconnect button wasn't working. So I can't come back into the match.
    3. When I tried to connect to the match the game often shows the inscription "joining" and then switches back to my leagues stats. Find the lobby is possible only with the third or fourth time.
    4. Sometimes weapon and abilities doesn't cause damage. I have noticed this by shooting at close range, and when the enemy was right in the middle of my AOE abilities. They must take damage but they didn't. I don't know why this happens but this angers.
    5. And as kLauE187 says it's still freezing.

Originally Posted by Nightmare_Jay
    4. Sometimes weapon and abilities doesn't cause damage. I have noticed this by shooting at close range, and when the enemy was right in the middle of my AOE abilities. They must take damage but they didn't. I don't know why this happens but this angers.
    can confirm this, i had a few airstrikes today who exploded right next to a target and no dmg.

also this reload-bug gets annoying. you reload and after the animation you still have 0 bullets and need to reload again.

Definitely better for me than the last patch, back to relatively smooth gameplay as it was but I usually have over 150fps most times so it would be smoother for me than someone with a low end gpu..

A bit of feedback...

* Map overlay bug is still present (map stuck on screen) whilst moving and only vanishes after respawn.
    * League summary page is a bit laggy after a match. You can tell its loading and it sort of freezes for a bit.
    * Hitreg seems slightly worse than before, shooting at players with sub 100 ping (me and them) on EU servers and clearly no hit markers. If this is a side effect of going server side hit detection, then I can put up with it a bit as the compromise means harder for players to config fiddle (hopefully). BTW this is with -spread stacked build so no it is not due to spread.
    * Can't send daily wheel won skins to forge, I think you know about this. Would be great if we could because I have many duplicates that I do not need.
    * During one match I saw 4 players crash/dropped simultaneously (2 from each team) and then return. Not sure what that was about but happy that they were able to return.
    * I either seem to be finding more glitch spots on maps or more are appearing. Usually when I use Deceiver Disguise and I'm near a wall, I get stuck and float.
    * Duo queue removal has improved the MM team balance, I am now getting more evenly matched games than before. MAy have something to do with playing in Blood I division aswell but I think removing Duo queue for Solo Ranked TDM is the way to go.
    * Some ability cue sounds still seem missing, most notably Tyrant jump and charge.

Thank you for the patch, enjoyed the games tonight. Slightly less frustrating.

Windows 10 x64
    GTX 970 Asus Strix OC 3GB vRAM
    i5 2500k
    16GB RAM
    1920x1080
    Motion Blur off
    Last edited by SonixSquad; 14th Aug 2015 at 02:49.
    signature image
    aka: Hellsonix / LeMMy

I am loving the changes to the forge, it is close to the forge I was hoping for from the start, all that is missing is being able to enchant fx weapons like the occult weapons. It has highlighted (for me) just how insanely often we get chests in the drops. You have remedied it a little with giving keys for ranked play, based on the league you're in at the end of the series; but perhaps that could be expanded and made as a more prominent prize for playing ranked. Maybe a key for each tier you move up, along with the end of series bonus? I think that would attract and keep more of the players we are wanting, rather than the ones that will show up for the cash.

I'm not sure I understand what you can do with Exhalted and Marked skins in the Forge.

Also, Blood Vials are obtained by salvaging anything, or only some specific categories of items?

Thanks everyone. We'll pass the other reported issues on to the team.

how big was this patch? I had to download a 1gb file through steam this afternoon. Before reading these patch-notes, I assumed this meant a new map was released...or two! Why the huge filesize? Was this just me for some reason?
    Unfortunately part of this is down to how Unreal engine files work and how it reads the updates from Steam. I've shared the concern with the team though.

As mentioned it's the Exalted skins rather than the Evolved ones. The Exalted skins can only be obtained through chests.

Originally Posted by FireWorks_
    Gotta say I had a pleasent evening with Nosgoth. No freezes, no lags in the game. The solo queue is very enjoyable to play for me. Close matches and not being feasted by teams.

Thank you very much
    Awesome, glad to hear it!

Originally Posted by FireWorks_
    One thing that bothers me:
    It was said that daily reward skins could be salvaged too. Will this come next patch or was it scratched? Whats the exchange rates for each type of skin (exalted, daily etc)?
    Yep, it was due to go in but didn't make it in, so I believe it'll be in another update, but I'll confirm with the team.

Originally Posted by corpus_callosum
    Yes, i did and you have passed it to the devs (at least your message says so). There was DXdiag report and full hardware specs you might or might not need from AIDA64.
    Awesome, in that case you're set, that was passed on to the team investigating it.

Originally Posted by LOFO1993
    I'm not sure I understand what you can do with Exhalted and Marked skins in the Forge.

Also, Blood Vials are obtained by salvaging anything, or only some specific categories of items?
    Skins would be salvageable now. The Blood Vials, I believe, come from salvaging any items but I'll double check.

Hang on to your Marked/Exalted skins everyone! Some of us want to trade for them once it's enabled!

^^^This, I would love to find a way to trade for Exalted or Marked skins! Especially Exalted skins!

Dat Scout cape. Mmmm.