Thread: Vampire Attack Dash

Vampire Attack Dash

Exclamation Vampire Attack Dash

So, I've seen posts on this previously but I do have something to add to the table I think should be seen. The vampires do a dash every time they attack, which makes it very hard for classes to fight them since vampires do lots of damage in a few swings. Really the only way to win in a fight against a vampire that's close to you is have your team focus it, the vampire being super low health, or an alchemist fire wall. Now, the game constantly spawns you away from your team so if you get caught after a spawn. YOU ARE SCREWED. This is simply because of the dash from vampire attacks, especially as a scout its really hard to fight when they constantly dash behind you taking like a 5th of your health, then turn around, and repeat. Then when they do get low health they jump away or use shadow dash, and be happy little bees as they go heal. NOW, this seems super unfair seeing humans don't have many escapes or mobility skills, scout being the most mobile but the weakest in CQC, I honestly think that vampires should lose their dash and get an attack speed buff so they can deal their damage still, but they cant just basic attack once and cover the ground a dodge does. Honestly, it's ridiculous when you dodge, a vampire can catch up just by hitting you, it makes the dodge mechanic almost useless, especially since sentinel has a small aoe range on its pickup, and reavers have aim assist on their leap. But that's another story, but i really think they should lose their dash and get an attack speed buff just to give the humans a chance to run or fight back a little better, now if this seems underpowered there is also other options such as halving the distance vampires dash, OR making it based by class, honestly a sentinel that is king of the skies, then can land and easily take a human down with basic attacks is sort of unfair, they have skills that can get them back in the skies or let them escape/do damage, why do they need very strong basic attacks too? Honestly I've been killed faster/more by sentinels on the ground than any other class. Plus if you look at game wins, its really a battle of who steamrolled the other team faster as vampires. SOMETIMES the humans win, but this only happens if humans find a really good spot and can aim very well. There has been an increase of hackers on this game lately, and at first I was like "What the hell why would you hack on such an easy/amazing game", but now, seeing as if any vampire gets close to you kills you, i sort of understand where people can be frustrated with that. I do not in no way approve of hacking, but it is difficult to be humans, and way too easy to be vampires, i just prefer a more skill competition game than who has better abilities. I love this game fully and want to see it grow sorry for the essay but I really think this needs to be balanced.

Originally Posted by Veniox
    So, I've seen posts on this previously but I do have something to add to the table I think should be seen. The vampires do a dash every time they attack, which makes it very hard for classes to fight them since vampires do lots of damage in a few swings. Really the only way to win in a fight against a vampire that's close to you is have your team focus it, the vampire being super low health, or an alchemist fire wall. Now, the game constantly spawns you away from your team so if you get caught after a spawn. YOU ARE SCREWED. This is simply because of the dash from vampire attacks, especially as a scout its really hard to fight when they constantly dash behind you taking like a 5th of your health, then turn around, and repeat. Then when they do get low health they jump away or use shadow dash, and be happy little bees as they go heal. NOW, this seems super unfair seeing humans don't have many escapes or mobility skills, scout being the most mobile but the weakest in CQC, I honestly think that vampires should lose their dash and get an attack speed buff so they can deal their damage still, but they cant just basic attack once and cover the ground a dodge does. Honestly, it's ridiculous when you dodge, a vampire can catch up just by hitting you, it makes the dodge mechanic almost useless, especially since sentinel has a small aoe range on its pickup, and reavers have aim assist on their leap. But that's another story, but i really think they should lose their dash and get an attack speed buff just to give the humans a chance to run or fight back a little better, now if this seems underpowered there is also other options such as halving the distance vampires dash, OR making it based by class, honestly a sentinel that is king of the skies, then can land and easily take a human down with basic attacks is sort of unfair, they have skills that can get them back in the skies or let them escape/do damage, why do they need very strong basic attacks too? Honestly I've been killed faster/more by sentinels on the ground than any other class. Plus if you look at game wins, its really a battle of who steamrolled the other team faster as vampires. SOMETIMES the humans win, but this only happens if humans find a really good spot and can aim very well. There has been an increase of hackers on this game lately, and at first I was like "What the hell why would you hack on such an easy/amazing game", but now, seeing as if any vampire gets close to you kills you, i sort of understand where people can be frustrated with that. I do not in no way approve of hacking, but it is difficult to be humans, and way too easy to be vampires, i just prefer a more skill competition game than who has better abilities. I love this game fully and want to see it grow sorry for the essay but I really think this needs to be balanced.
    The real problem is that once u get hit it actually slows the target down so they cant run, its not realy their lunging which makes senses since they are melee ranged if u could simple run away easily it could be one sided. but the slow effect procing on every hit i agree should be changed so escape is possible. As for hackers i assume that will be looked into i personally haven't seen any.

I probably wasn't helpful but i hope you understand my opinion i hope u continue to play this game hope to see u in among the corpses.

Peace.

Originally Posted by ExodusWolf
    The real problem is that once u get hit it actually slows the target down so they cant run, its not realy their lunging which makes senses since they are melee ranged if u could simple run away easily it could be one sided. but the slow effect procing on every hit i agree should be changed so escape is possible. As for hackers i assume that will be looked into i personally haven't seen any.

I probably wasn't helpful but i hope you understand my opinion i hope u continue to play this game hope to see u in among the corpses.

Peace.
    I haven't noticed the slowing effect but I don't mean make it so they can run away, just make it so vampires cant catch up to humans by simply attacking unless they use one of their skills to close the distance, just make them have the same move speed

humans sprint is faster, its just if u get hit thats what locks u down and why u dont notice it is cause u end up dying anyways lol, Suggestion dodge towards them and than sprint it will give u a head start only if they miss.

Well then I do think they should make it so the slow stays, or even INCREASE the slow if they hit you, but the dash should be taken away, so if they catch you, they have you, if they dont get a hit on you, they'll have to regroup and replan, because they are focusing on the humans having to work together. Vampires need to as well, them not being as insanely mobile while killing everything would require more than click left mouse, such as ambushes, and communication.