Thread: Patch Notes - 2nd July 2015

Patch Notes - 2nd July 2015

If people can't hotjoin we could really do with a 'surrender' option. Wasting 20 minutes in 1 v 4 matches isn't fun at all. Do I get a leaving penalty if I leave these matches? 3 of 5 initial matches today ended up in this situation (from the 1st round), it really didn't give a good first impression.
    signature image

1st match: 1 leaver. Draw
    2nd match: 2 leavers. Loss.
    3rd match: 1 high pinger. 1 guy with reaver default loadout saying he's lv3 scored 0-8 2k damage. Loss

Dont know if I want to waste more time tomorrow for the banner. It really just is frustrating to outscore the team by a wide margin and then take the same loss as they did. Thanks for tanking my rating into oblivion for circumstances I have no control over.
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

Lot of leavers and some i cant even blame, cos mm i so random there is enormous skill and level gap beetween players that 80% of the matches are unplayable/ boring. Im getting really afraid about this game cos we always wait entire month to get a new patch with not much content and mostly end up dissappointed with a bag of new bugs, and fps drop.
    Last edited by barthez36663; 4th Jul 2015 at 00:02.

I noticed another thing today.

While waiting 10-15min to get into a ranked game, I get in a lobby only to instantly get a message "you have been kicked from the party" and get kicked from the lobby..having to wait another 10-15min to get in. Happened twice today.
    signature image

@fireworks, @barthez: It's totally fine. (the leavers NOT) U get into a bottom, but u actually have a better skill so u have some easy matches to climb up. But the others actually stuck down there. That's all. The first 5-10 match is totally random. If u win one u get better enemies, if u loose one u get worse enemies. After 2 lose, ofc u have "beginners". But the enemies not too good too.

I'm with exmortiz on this topic

I sense a lot of hate here.. But u have to remember certain statements....

First this is an ALPHA test for a NEW system...
    The whole purpose of a Alpha is to figure out problems and get rid of them befor the full release..
    Therefore it is good that u all share ur expirence, but don't be so angry
    They warned us beforehand that we would encounter problems.

Secondly I think the system is supposed to rank player so they end up in the skill lvl they actually have, but that means we all start at the lowest tier, as does everyone else.
    But once u have made it into the next tier u should get only teams from that exact tier (maybe +-1)^^
    This also should stop the leaver problem, because the higher ur tier the less u want to loose ur league points.
    (right now in the lowest tier no one cares about their league points, mostly they play to get the banner anyway^^)

At least that is how I understood it, pls feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Shikei001; 4th Jul 2015 at 08:15.
    signature image

Originally Posted by eXmoRtiZ
    @fireworks, @barthez: It's totally fine. (the leavers NOT) U get into a bottom, but u actually have a better skill so u have some easy matches to climb up. But the others actually stuck down there. That's all. The first 5-10 match is totally random. If u win one u get better enemies, if u loose one u get worse enemies. After 2 lose, ofc u have "beginners". But the enemies not too good too.
    then you seem to be very very very lucky :/

Originally Posted by Shikei001
    I'm with exmortiz on this topic

I sense a lot of hate here.. But u have to remember certain statements....

First this is an ALPHA test for a NEW system...
    The whole purpose of a Alpha is to figure out problems and get rid of them befor the full release..
    Therefore it is good that u all share ur expirence, but don't be so angry
    They warned us beforehand that we would encounter problems.

Secondly I think the system is supposed to rank player so they end up in the skill lvl they actually have, but that means we all start at the lowest tier, as does everyone else.
    But once u have made it into the next tier u should get only teams from that exact tier (maybe +-1)^^
    This also should stop the leaver problem, because the higher ur tier the less u want to loose ur league points.
    (right now in the lowest tier no one cares about their league points, mostly they play to get the banner anyway^^)

At least that is how I understood it, pls feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    They have a fundamental design error in the MMR since moment one. It uses a totally uninformed MMR and it fails for Nosgoth. While it is a state of the art system for games like Dota2 where there are designated carry heroes (getting as much farm and kills as possible) and designated support heroes (that are supposed to sacrifice themselves for the carry and leave as much farm to the carries as needed).
    If you dont know how Dota works: Heroes level in a match itself opposed to Nosgoth where there is no change during a match. A support is meant to leave a kill for the carry because he gets higher gold and XP rewards in the round making him stronger. The stronger the carry, the more likely you are to win a match as a team. The term Kill Steal is a real thing there.
    A 0-8 support and 20-1 carry is totally normal and likely they won the match cause the carry got the gold advantage over the enemy, while the sacrifice of the support did a good job in saving the carries ass in more than one situation.

This is all not true for Nosgoth. A player with desasterous stats at the end of the match was just a drag and likely caused a loss. Still we get the same MMR system judging by win loss of the team. Kinda tired of pointing it out since we talk MMR for A YEAR NOW!
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

Originally Posted by AntiqueGod
    You should lock players who leave the game for long time + no exp + no gold + shame banner.
    Yes, shame banner. Somekind of ugly banner what you can't change for a while.
    Right... and what about us poor unfortunate people who keep crashing or suffer game breaking glitches? You do realise we get picked off by the same leaver system currently as it is? I crashed over half of my league matches... This patch is the least stable I have ever had since the game entered closed beta... So please... It is rough enough for those of us that have legitimate technical problems to get slammed with the already existing leaver penalties if not to get your over the top penalties as well... - -

Originally Posted by Fatereaver
    Right... and what about us poor unfortunate people who keep crashing or suffer game breaking glitches? You do realise we get picked off by the same leaver system currently as it is? I crashed over half of my league matches... This patch is the least stable I have ever had since the game entered closed beta... So please... It is rough enough for those of us that have legitimate technical problems to get slammed with the already existing leaver penalties if not to get your over the top penalties as well... - -
    It seems like the crashes have indeed increased quite a bit..
    During the ranked matches I see quite some ppl "leave" where I know that they don't do that normally..

Would be interesting to know if these crashes only increased during the ranked matches, or if this is an overall patch problem and occurs in unranked matches too...
    signature image

Since we don't know when the update will come that allows us to play ranked matches if we have the bug that kicks us in perpetuity, are the Witchfire weapons going to be available in the beta, or only in the alpha?

(Not meaning the thing about the patch in a bad way, of course. Sometimes those just take a long time to figure out and get implemented. :<)

Something desperately needs to be done to handle quitters/disconnecters. Being stuck in a 4v3 is no fun, being guaranteed to lose a game that actually counts is even worse.

I really used to love Nosgoth but I can't stand that it insists on constantly wasting my time. Either I'm spending 30+ minutes waiting for a match or waiting up to 20 minutes for a horribly stacked match (I'm on the stacked team just as often as I have to face the stacked team) to end.

Plz hotfix League sync bug, cuz it's annoying to restart after all match, and I can't watch my league profile. (BTW later I think It's better if it's reachable from main menu.)

First match Win: 2 days ago I was Eternal > PROMOTED TO Silver II Well I didn't play for one day. (And my highest is Silver II it's says) Nice

And do something about leavers. Oh and plz, don't start the match if some of the players didn't join at the start of the match. (the 4th one never connects in the game)
    Last edited by eXmoRtiZ; 4th Jul 2015 at 19:00.

Need STRONG PROHIBITION to participation in leagues for <30-40 levels.

Originally Posted by senjuj
    Need STRONG PROHIBITION to participation in leagues for <30-40 levels.
    I don't think so. Well it's test now, all players needed for that. Later they stuck on Bronze league, so it's np.

Originally Posted by eXmoRtiZ

-Plz hotfix League sync bug

-And do something about leavers. Oh and plz, don't start the match if some of the players didn't join at the start of the match. (the 4th one never connects in the game)
    ^^^This-This-This^^^

the amount of 3v4 iv played in the past 48hrs is hilarious, and since I run Win8.1 I have to restart my machine with the sync bug if I don't quit out of the game right after the match is finished.

The penalty for leaving a ranked match should be more serious than rank and the 3 minutes.....most other game take leaving the ranked mode more seriously, I really think it should be 15 minutes , warning the player before clicking yes leave.

Also please consider adding Witchfire items to store, including on skills not present yet (my wish would be sweeping kick, hope to have a customized witchfire kick sometime)

(Also its weird, in some of the 3v4 it was a landslide victory, like, some of the worst iv ever seen 30-3, I think sometimes the 4th guy that bugs out is actually some low level dude meant to drag the team down big time, but bugs out and the the 3 are Veteran Vamps/Humans.)

On a sidenote, thank you very much for making a solo league, its nice knowing Im not going to get stomped by some pro team.
    Last edited by ApollosBow; 5th Jul 2015 at 03:35.

I think mode specific drops might be a good thing as long as it's a permanent feature. It encourages players to mix it up once in a while and play something other than TDM. I've already mentioned that earth/stone and air/sound are elements in other LOK games that are missing from Nosgoth and the black and red lightning of the cut Kain Reaver would make an awesome 'corrupted' element.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

I got a question regarding the Alpha test and the tests that will follow:

Will our stats be kept ? Like if I'm already gold, will I start with gold during the next test, or again from the bottom ?
    signature image

Still annoying bug:

- If i up my item at the forge I can't buy a new one.
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 6th Jul 2015 at 00:27.

Synching and more synching... And according to task manager Nosgoth is not responding... Can't alt+tab and do something else while waiting because it takes up the whole screen... Yeah... Those occult items better be there for beta to is all I say... Or better yet... In the store! Along with every other special occasion item... Never liked items being locked to a certain one time event or time of the year. :/

Can you please push fix asap and dont wait for next update? I dont want to play synching simulator anymore

Originally Posted by barthez36663
    Can you please push fix asap and dont wait for next update? I dont want to play synching simulator anymore
    Yes please.....even for a game in beta having a alpha test of a new mode this is extremely annoying and damaging to any new players view on the game.

Originally Posted by ApollosBow
    Yes please.....even for a game in beta having a alpha test of a new mode this is extremely annoying and damaging to any new players view on the game.
    (-New players can't play ranked. But It's a very annoying bug. I signed.)

-Reconnect to league match don't work! My friend dropped out, he tried to reconnect but he was not able to. (Lucky we got fair enemies, and 1 sit out).
    - Callvote Pause need after reconnect is fixed.
    - Callvote "give up" is need too.
    -My other friend can't find a match / ranked match, (Sascha Vykos), just find a match if someone invite him, and find game for him.
    -The scoreboard not showing what pplz got. (It's a new one, and only in ranked).
    -The portrait of the "vampire/human" is total random, the last played char, not the favourite.
    -There are some bugged pplz who got 1000 point at the start.
    -Point gain still "interesting". Sometimes it's not showing, sometimes it's refreshing to actual point, but mostly not.
    Last edited by eXmoRtiZ; 5th Jul 2015 at 19:53.

Just got the menu bug, the one that freezes you until kicked for idling.....no doubt lowering your rank rating while giving the 3 minute punishment.

Honestly after this weekend is done I think ranked should be taken offline until issues are resolved, its doing more damage than good, at least in my eyes through frustrating restart issues, leavers/disconnects and bugs.

Those , who can't see the league page I told u: This "season" longs 3 more day. So play bravely, it's just alpha. ~ 2200 pplz participated, it's quite few .

Page 3 of 5 First First 12345 Last