Thread: Patch Notes - 2nd July 2015

Patch Notes - 2nd July 2015

I did my 5 matches, got my banner and a silver rank, but now the game locks up whenever it tries to sync up the lead data. It does every time even after rebooting my machine. TDM might still work, but I've not tried yet.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

@RainaAudron

Rejoin should be hotfixed in if it isn't working - I'll have someone investigate.

The problem with adding OTHER people into a 3v4 ranked match is that the result will affect them.

On the plus side: if you stick around when people leave, then as the disadvantaged team you'll get LP that matches that, so you won't lose much at all. If you win it'll be an epic gain.
    The players who left however are given the MAXIMUM loss (-14 LP at the moment). So really better to stay in the game rather than leave when it comes to ranked. Also leaving doesn't count towards placement matches.

@eXmoRtiZ
    Oh you edited your post!

The initial placement that gave them that LP needs some serious tweaking for the next test - I've already started on it.
    The spread for initial placement will be a lot closer together, eternal will probably feed only from blood/platinum or similar.

Also your TDM MMR does feed into a default one for leagues, which then evolves independently. The MMR in leagues feeds into the LP earning equation, along with match results and average MMR of the opposition (to determine if it was a difficult or easy match).

@everyone

We're learning a lot from this alpha, there'll be a fresh test pretty soon afterwards which will iron out a lot of the problems.

In the meantime I'll keep an eye on this space.
    Square Enix Montréal - Game Designer
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Do we need to hit gold once hunter skin is released to get it or is it enough to do it now?

Please fix infinite syncing to league problem asap, , and many other players cant check their stats!

Originally Posted by Audhumbla
    @RainaAudron

Rejoin should be hotfixed in if it isn't working - I'll have someone investigate.

The problem with adding OTHER people into a 3v4 ranked match is that the result will affect them.

On the plus side: if you stick around when people leave, then as the disadvantaged team you'll get LP that matches that, so you won't lose much at all. If you win it'll be an epic gain.
    It isn´t working - nobody can rejoin and you are given a penalty for leaving a match. I just had to leave like 5 matches straight as the player imbalance occured every time... Just had 2v4, that isn´t any fun :/

I cannot check my stats my game freezes on syncing league data and I have to restart my computer. Also I froze after my 5th placement match.
    In Game name/Steam: {WLπ} Paget Brewster
    Alchemist/Deciever/Tyrant/Sentinel

Originally Posted by Audhumbla
    The players who left however are given the MAXIMUM loss (-14 LP at the moment)
    Highlighing this to players before they confirm they want to quit would go a long way as a deterrent IMO. The league's way of matchmaking seems more balanced than TDM so far. If more people agree after further testing, perhaps a similar algorithm should be used for that too.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

First day of playing ranked and this is my experience. The solo matches have been one sided, though my performance seemed to be very lacking today. After finishing the five matches I processed to a frozen screen where it says it is syncing the league data. League is completely inaccessible and not just for me. I was in a lobby with four others who had the banner for completing the five matches and had also experienced the same freeze that blocks them from league. I have yet to find anyone that has been able to access the league.

@Vampmaster

Definitely we'll have to look at doing this. Following the alpha and beta test series there'll be a lot of messaging/feedback improvements.
    Square Enix Montréal - Game Designer

I got the infinite syncing to league thing aswell. After the 5th match & also when I tried to look at league stats page upon closing & reopening Nosgoth.
    Liking the witchfire, though. I got Occult Disguise after my first match
    Orange liches from Blood Omen in Nosgoth asap pls

After 5 games i get, nosgoth not responding and freezing up every time it syncs with league.
    Had 2 games were one side lost an player and never got replaced.
    Really like the concept, got alot more to play for now
    Nice one.

Played my 5 matches:

As others stated, I also got the game freezing on the end screen after the 5th match that states what rank you got put in.

The biggest irritant are the leavers. Tho it's good to know that it's SUPPOSE to have a rejoin option in case you crash, but it's obviously broken still. Only one of my 5 matches were 4v4. My first one ended up being 1v4. But they were still more evenly matched than most TDM games I've played. Maybe I just got lucky? [after reading some of the responses here]

I'm also confused at how the pairing of teams is suppose to work. Cause the MMR seems to be all over the place. People with 15 hours with people with 1000+hours...I can imagine with how small the player pool is that this would be an issue to have people with any MMR ranked together...

As someone else asked, is hitting gold NOW enough to get the hunter skin? Or do we have to currently be in Gold when the skin is released? I'm really loving the skin and looking forward to seeing it in action.

Overall, I've been enjoying this update with the ranked matches. They're pretty fun and gives me something new to work towards!
    I also really dig the new animated immortal banner! It was always my favorite founder's banner and was happy to see that it got some extra love.
    signature image

Feedback so far:

technical problems:

- game freezes very often when synching league data

- when it doesn't freeze on the leagues screen, sometimes after a few minutes all the data disappears; it tells me I don't have a rank yet or ranked friends.

- at the end of the match, sometimes there's a "leagues" section that tells me my points and if I'm eligible for a rank-up, but at other times there isn't.

general:

- as expected, mm in leagues sucks just as much as the normal mm; there just aren't enough people playing. It doesn't matter where you place, you're going to play with noobs and pros in the same match and half the time you're going to play outside your region because there are only ever 10 people in the entire world playing at the same time.

- a better idea is needed on how to deal with uneven matches. I get it that the games should be closed because noone wants to join a match in progress and lose points for it, but what are the other 7 people supposed to do? There are no bots in this game to help the disadvantaged team. I don't know what to suggest atm. Obviously the reconnect option should be fixed, as DCs and glitches are very frequent.

- please finally make the match end when the outcome has been decided. Really!
    Last edited by Ysanoire; 3rd Jul 2015 at 09:06.

You should lock players who leave the game for long time + no exp + no gold + shame banner.
    Yes, shame banner. Somekind of ugly banner what you can't change for a while.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback, we're monitoring this all closely and investigating the issues you've reported.

Regarding leavers:
    - There is a rejoin option, though it seems from some reports that isn't working for everyone, so we'll be looking into that to clear that up
    - Leaving does result in a penalty, as Audhumbla posted, so you get the worst result from that kind of match (as if you lost against a lower ranked team).
    - We'll update the in-game notes to make that clearer, and the feedback will help us improve it for further releases too

Originally Posted by Sirfy1
    As someone else asked, is hitting gold NOW enough to get the hunter skin? Or do we have to currently be in Gold when the skin is released? I'm really loving the skin and looking forward to seeing it in action.
    I'm afraid not, not during this Alpha, as mentioned in the blog it's something we're going to add in the Beta. During Alpha, the rewards are double XP, the player banner (for doing 5 matches) and a chance at getting the Occult drops.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager

The dev`s blog post mentions Australians looking for adjacent servers in Europe. I doubt 350ms ping will be enjoyable for anybody in these matches.
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

Originally Posted by ApollosBow
    Ranked needs some further revisions, rather than just slapping the "ranked" text over TD. Also at this point I think getting rid of Team Deathmatch might help this game get into the competitive zone, all TD does is hog what little player base the game has in the mode every game has.
    Not everyone will want to play competitively, so getting rid of TDM isn't really an ideal solution unfortunately. As far as the mode being different goes, it's something we call out in Jonathan's more detailed blog, but we'll be able to run different modes and settings for competitive, depending on feedback.

Ever since the patch I've been getting 5fps.. I was getting 60 prior.

I have tried lowering every setting but nothing fixes it. Any suggestions? because Nosgoth is unplayable for me right now.

Originally Posted by White2abbit
    Ever since the patch I've been getting 5fps.. I was getting 60 prior.

I have tried lowering every setting but nothing fixes it. Any suggestions? because Nosgoth is unplayable for me right now.
    There is a discussion about fps problems and how incrase your framerate here ->http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=149175

RM|Atmosphere for what it matters.
    Then, I played some mathces and, once ranked silver, I was thrown in ethernal winning just one match (Ethernal 30-20-ish I dunno 'cause crashes). I have to say that it seems to be really luck dependent, for istance I know a lot of esl player sightly stronger than me stuck in gold or even silver because scrub teams. Is really not possible to lose a match dealing over 40k damage, this fact is really frustrating and creates a lot of reasons to start flaming others. Also if i'm playing ethernal I expect to face other ethernal player, at least blood or gold guys, not dudes with 16 hours of Nosgoth.
    Another thing, when a team is losing hard it may starts to flame the last one due to make him quit and so losing with not that lot of point wasted (if this thing will be implemented). Solutions would be something like Dota2 low priority, prevent further points accumulation, tempban like in counterstrike (not just 3 minutes ofc..) for leavers. Then in every ranked match of every game if a team loses a guy it will reamain 3v4 (or whatever), the only difference is that here there are no bots to help (but how can a bot help in nosgoth??), or a mechanism like there is in Dota (when a player leaves his teams gets all his gold an +Gold per minute)... I dunno if they should implement something like buffed stats for the teams lacking a member, it's a very risky path, in my opinion.

Hi all,

Regarding the synching league info bug:

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...37#post2136137

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Hi everyone,

We're aware of an issue that's being reported with League Rankings where you may get a "Syncing League Data" screen, while the gang appears to hang. The issue will be resolved in a future update, but please note that this screen doesn't mean your game has crashed, but is just loading something in the background. Please leave it to load for a few minutes and you'll be back to playing again.

Thanks for your patience, everyone!

The issue will be resolved in a future update, but please note that this screen doesn't mean your game has crashed, but is just loading something in the background. Please leave it to load for a few minutes and you'll be back to playing again.
    Waited for 30 min and nothing was happening. Restarting the game takes about 2 min so maybe waiting is not the best solution

I'm having the game freezes when I try and play ranked matches after I was placed in a League. :C Hopefully something can be fixed soon, 'cause I was enjoying that mode! Got into Gold IV and everything!

Also, that being said, if we reached gold during the Alpha, will we get the Hunter skin when it's released, or only when the Leagues go into the Beta stage and we play all over again?

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    I'm afraid not, not during this Alpha, as mentioned in the blog it's something we're going to add in the Beta. During Alpha, the rewards are double XP, the player banner (for doing 5 matches) and a chance at getting the Occult drops.
    Thanks for the response I just didn't know if it would roll-over or not. Still enjoying it!
    signature image

My suggestions are:
    -Do not allow people under a certain level to have access in the ranked system.
    -Make this whole thing works, I'm still Ethernal and almost never met another one so far. You need to make balanced matches with the scheme Ethernal+Blood+Gold; not Ethernal with bronzes or new recruit vs Gold and silver team. This will be a "balanced" match anyway, balanced meaning the Ethernal player will do around 40k damage spitting blood and getting mad thowards a team not at his level at all. Yeah... matches are always in a span of 4-5 points but is like playing 4 Vs 1+3 flesh walls.
    Not rewarding at all.
    It seems worse than pub games.
    Think it over.

Originally Posted by CptUncino
    My suggestions are:
    -Do not allow people under a certain level to have access in the ranked system.
    I completely agree with that. Ranked should not be a place where I have to explain basic game mechanics to my teammates (like it is right now).
    signature image

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last