Thread: jock's opening dialogue in the first visit to hong kong freezes the game..

jock's opening dialogue in the first visit to hong kong freezes the game..

jock's opening dialogue in the first visit to hong kong freezes the game..

i'm running a digital copy of deus ex on windows vista.

having completed the unatco/mj12 facility stage and escaping to hong kong, jock makes a statement about the helicopter's nav-computer being overridden.

i hear this dialogue is supposed to have a corresponding audio clip but it doesn't play.

when it reaches the last line of text, i lose control of the game and all that's left is stage music. the game wont respond or even move in the background so i have to exit via pressing the windows key to exit fullscreen mode and use ctrl+shift+esc to open the end process menu.

it repeats every time i try to play that level, no matter what settings i try or even if i run the game in safe mode with everything disabled.

considering the circumstances, i dont know what more to say unless someone asks about whatever else it is they need to know...

i'm technologically illiterate for the most part. i don't suppose my grammar is much better. i know there's a rule about painful to read text but.. i never learned my punctuation or capitalization.. or anything else for that matter.. when i was in school...

at any rate, assistance would be much appreciated.

alright. if you don't know what to ask me..

i've been thinking maybe talking about my processors and the like would be useful, as that's what i saw others speaking of elsewhere when they had problems..

amd turion (tm) 64 x2 mobile technology tl-60

would be the only thing that jumps out at me.

i've just verified that it's not a bad save file either by deleting the save and re-completing every level.

"i am a patient man... but not that patient."

i shall seek my answers elsewhere. i see it was too much to ask this community to provide me with the assistance i require.