Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: (Rumor) ROTTR coming to PS4 late 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    I would suggest that GTA V had a broader and bigger anticipation than TR2013. GTA 3 was a monster game, and Vice City, San Andreas and GTA IV were also very successful titles that meant GTA V was in a great place before a release date was announced. Is the anticipation for RotTR on a similar broad level to GTA V that means that marketing isn't as important? I'm not convinced it is.
    Couldn't have said it any better myself. GTA5 can survive a year-long wait to the next gen systems and PC because it's GTA, TR, though? Yeah, I'm gonna have to balk on that a little bit.

By the time it comes out on PS4, XB1/360 owners will have already spoiled the entire game's story for us (as in, every chapter in the game) for us PS4/PC owners, so the novelty will have worn off. That's another thing that's so irritating about the timed exclusivity deal: they get to see how the game progresses for themselves. They can choose to watch live commentaries of the game on YouTube if they want, but that's the thing: they'll have a choice in whether they want to watch ROTTR playthroughs on YouTube or play the game and find out for themselves what happens in each level/chapter spoiler-free. We won't have that choice, though. Our options are basically spoilers or hand-sitting until it hits PS4/PC.
    Last edited by KManX89; 3rd Jul 2015 at 14:49.

Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    By the time it comes out on PS4, XB1/360 owners will have already spoiled the entire game's story for us (as in, every chapter in the game) for us PS4/PC owners, so the novelty will have worn off.
    I'm not sure about the novelty wearing off, after all people still play TR1, but certainly the enjoyment of playing an unspoilt game may be lost. I am avoiding any Batman videos etc to avoid spoilers.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    I'm not sure about the novelty wearing off, after all people still play TR1, but certainly the enjoyment of playing an unspoilt game may be lost. I am avoiding any Batman videos etc to avoid spoilers.
    Me, too.

But basically, the point I'm trying to make is PS4 owners like myself won't be able to read into anything regarding ROTRR in the meantime without (probably) having it spoiled for us. We're anxious to see something related to ROTTR until it hits PS4 and PC? Chances are, it might spoil the game's storyline somewhat for us.

And yes, I agree on the Arkham Knight vids. I'm avoiding those like the plague because I don't want anything spoiled for me. Earlier today, I saw an upload from one of my subscribers entitled "Arkham Knight Unmasked", but I avoided it for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by KManX89; 3rd Jul 2015 at 19:37.

Heads up, all - we're moving this entire OT discussion to the Humble Adobe shortly. That'll give us more space to dive deeper into the subject if necessary, without the worry of derailing this thread

The female videogame character discussion is now in the Humble Abode and can be continued there - http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...96641&page=982

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123