Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Official Gameplay Demo

Official Gameplay Demo

Official Gameplay Demo (25 minute video)

Just in case anyone missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh-iX2bxOjI

So, what do we think of the game thus far? I can see a lot of improvements from HR, lethal combat appears to be a lot more viable and satisfying this time around - however it appears they are still rewarding non-lethal playstyles with extra experience, something that bugged me (and many others) in HR, I was under the impression that they were going to balance out the experience no matter what playstyle you chose to adopt, I guess not. Overall though, the game looks like a lot of fun, the addition of mounted weapons such as the PEPS gun, nanoblade and taser make for fluid and satisfying gameplay. They mention a 2016 release, and if I had to guess I assume it releases in the first quarter of 2016, I sure hope it does anyway. Also, in the video, at 3:42, is that who I think it is?
    Last edited by Siddhartha_; 20th Jun 2015 at 02:24.

I liked a lot of what I saw in that gameplay demo, but I do agree I don't like how playing non-lethal always seemed to be the way they wanted you to go because of the extra experience. Heck in my one my HR games I decided to subdue everyone and then kill them.

There were two things that I would like to see expanded upon more before the game is released for they were my two biggest pet peeves about HR after the favoritism towards non-lethal combat and those were hacking and the inventory. I figure the inventory is still in development so I can understand that, but I hope to have a better understanding of hacking and how augments impact it for hacking probably was the one thing that negatively impacted my enjoyment of HR the most.

One new question I have is I hope they don't go the route of CD Projekt Red and BioWare with importing for I got a bit of the impression of that when during the very beginning they mention how "Jensen tried to stop this" and if that relates to our choice at the end. If they do decide to go that route I hope there is the option to set every flag the game will look at within MD itself, for I don't want to go back and play HR again to change my import variables if I want to try something new.

Originally Posted by Sanunes
    One new question I have is I hope they don't go the route of CD Projekt Red and BioWare with importing for I got a bit of the impression of that when during the very beginning they mention how "Jensen tried to stop this" and if that relates to our choice at the end. If they do decide to go that route I hope there is the option to set every flag the game will look at within MD itself, for I don't want to go back and play HR again to change my import variables if I want to try something new.
    I'm not too sure what you mean by this, if you're talking about the decision you made at the very end of HR being imported over onto MD and ultimately varying your experiences in MD based on what you chose in HR, that's not the case at all. According to the devs, each ending from HR has an impact on MD, negating the necessity to import whichever decision you made from HR. I'd say this is probably for the best, otherwise things start to get a bit too convoluted.

Originally Posted by Siddhartha_
    I'm not too sure what you mean by this, if you're talking about the decision you made at the very end of HR being imported over onto MD and ultimately varying your experiences in MD based on what you chose in HR, that's not the case at all. According to the devs, each ending from HR has an impact on MD, negating the necessity to import whichever decision you made from HR. I'd say this is probably for the best, otherwise things start to get a bit too convoluted.
    I must have missed the conversation for if it is just the ending that is fine for I probably have a save around that point, my concern was if they go and take other choices such as Zeke Sanders or Malik.

Wait, so he can shoot the Nanoblade and make it explode......... but he can't just simply slash with it in real-time?

lol?
    Last edited by Ruboso; 19th Jun 2015 at 05:06.

Originally Posted by Ruboso
    Wait, so he can shoot the Nanoblade and make it explode......... but he can't just simply slash with it in real-time?

lol?
    You'll notice in the demo a number of times that he uses his nanoblades to perform lethal takedowns.

I think he was referring to nanoblades as melee weapons. Gotta say the takedowns look a lot smoother and they are integrated better with the gameplay. I also liked the hacking minigame, it looked cooler somehow while still familiar. Not a fan of the font at places, maybe it's an alpha thing.

About that spoilery bit
    Last edited by vallux; 19th Jun 2015 at 06:55.

Terrible Youtube compression. Please provide us with a better quality video Eidos.

Love what I am seeing though:

+ Icarus dash seems very useful when exploring AND fun for combat. Basically ME3 vanguards biotic charge.
    + Atmosphere and level design looks like a lot of fun
    + New augmentations and remote hacking
    + Icarus landing system is a lot faster now. Love it.
    + Bullet time aug hahaa nice
    + Amazing detail in the environment as always. Objects have labels, there are brand names all over the place etcetera.

- but please REMOVE that floating ammo counter on the gun. It is ugly and not needed. I remember seeing this in gameplayvideos for DEHR as well but thankfully they removed it in the final game.
    - Size of the viewmodel of the guns. A bit to big. Hopefully smaller in PC version.

(click image to enlarge)

Why the PC player is forced to use radar?Why there is no maps and schematics?

Pretty sure there is a map? Human Revolution had one and a radar? Hm. Not sure though. Mankind Divided seems to have a proper minimap this time around.

Looks like everything I wanted it to be. My only complaint is the HUD. It's an ugly trend I see in a lot of modern games; I think cluttering the HUD is the biggest offender among the annoyances that could be fixed relatively easiy.

1. feels too large, maybe it would be possible to scale it in the PC version? I'm thinking that a lot of the HUD will be different for the PC version because of a different control scheme.
    2. do we really need to see ammo count on the gun model? extremely distracting
    3. the cover/takedown prompts are still huge, that was already my complaint in HR
    4. that serif font that shows up in some prompts (weapon upgrade view most notably) feels really out of place

To sum up, I'd like the hud to be a bit more minimalistic. I wouldn't even mind that much if it stayed the same, just be half the size. I also hope we don't lose inventory management, that would hurt a lot. I also much prefer numerical HP count, but that is a minor nitpick.
    The world and gameplay look amazing, I can't wait to jump on it. HR was probably my favorite game of the last gen.

It's already confirmed there will be an inventory, don't worry.

(click image to enlarge)

Looks dumber and more compromised than both DX:HR and Invisible War.

Originally Posted by vallux
    I think he was referring to nanoblades as melee weapons. Gotta say the takedowns look a lot smoother and they are integrated better with the gameplay. I also liked the hacking minigame, it looked cooler somehow while still familiar. Not a fan of the font at places, maybe it's an alpha thing.

About that spoilery bit
    I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with the takedowns. Seeing Jensen in action in the third person view is awesome because he looks like a badass, but it also kind of breaks the fluidity of gameplay just a little bit, which can be frustrating. It'd be nice if they gave us an option to turn off third person view takedowns, or at least make the takedowns faster and more seamless.

The hacking minigame looks interesting, it looks like when you enter the minigame you don't have complete view of all the nodes until you access a few first, which could make it a little more difficult I guess. I was happy with the minigame from HR, so I'm sure I'll like this one too.

As for Rucker, to me it looks as if someone activated his kill switch, similar to the aug incident in HR. Who knows though.

And again everything in the world revolves around this augs issue, from ads to graffities on the walls. Iam pretty sure every npc will also talk only about augmentations.

Originally Posted by boomer001
    Looks like everything I wanted it to be. My only complaint is the HUD. It's an ugly trend I see in a lot of modern games; I think cluttering the HUD is the biggest offender among the annoyances that could be fixed relatively easiy.

1. feels too large, maybe it would be possible to scale it in the PC version? I'm thinking that a lot of the HUD will be different for the PC version because of a different control scheme.
    2. do we really need to see ammo count on the gun model? extremely distracting
    3. the cover/takedown prompts are still huge, that was already my complaint in HR
    4. that serif font that shows up in some prompts (weapon upgrade view most notably) feels really out of place

To sum up, I'd like the hud to be a bit more minimalistic. I wouldn't even mind that much if it stayed the same, just be half the size. I also hope we don't lose inventory management, that would hurt a lot. I also much prefer numerical HP count, but that is a minor nitpick.
    The world and gameplay look amazing, I can't wait to jump on it. HR was probably my favorite game of the last gen.
    I agree, a game's HUD is a pretty important factor for me too. The HUD showcased in the demo needs to be toned down quite a lot, every part of the HUD is way bigger than what it needs to be, and they also sort of face in a diagonal way instead of being square-on (the health and energy bar in particular) which just takes up even more of the screen. As for that ammo count on your gun while holding it, completely unnecessary, especially since your ammo count is more than visible on the bottom right, this needs to be removed for sure. As for inventory management, I think I read somewhere that the inventory will be the same as HR, where you need to tetris your items - not 100% sure on that though.

You'll notice in the demo a number of times that he uses his nanoblades to perform lethal takedowns.
    I meant melee combat, not QTE's. Like in Deus Ex, Fallout, Shadow Warrior, Dishonored, etc.

It would really be awesome with the Icarus Charge and tanky skin.

This was a pretty good gameplay demo. It showed the gameplay as we've come to expect from HR. They won't be departing from the formula that worked well for them last time. Not that there was a real need to. HR needed polishing and if MD can deliver on that they've got a pretty good game on their hands. The demo did have me wondering if they have made the necessary improvements.

The HUD is huge and the angled elements make it feel more gamey than it needs to be. It's in the way. I don't know if this is a console thing, or if that is the new vibe they want to have. All elements on screen are pretty huge. The ammo counter on the gun is not only huge, but also completely superfluous. It wasn't a good idea in the HR demo and isn't a good idea here.

Sticking to cover is improved, but there is still a noticeable shift. Again we switch perspective for ladders. I was not, and am still not, a fan of this perspective switch.

The new environments look pretty but massively cluttered, just like HR. There is a huge amount of stuff everywhere. I'm hoping for some more contrast than we got in HR. Levels are still very boxy and with a lot of inexplicable, conveniently-placed, waist-high barriers. An artifact of it being a cover shooter, but they could have done something more with it. On the plus side, some of the environment looks to be semi-destructible. The plating on the railing near the hanging TV's could be shot off. This could make for some interesting levels.

The takedowns are prettier, but they still seem to function exactly like in HR. Which means that they'll be subject to the exact same problems as in HR. The new augs look pretty nice, but overpowered. They integrated the PEPS and Taser into Adam's fists and made them cost ammo. Typhoon looks to be out and replaced with the Ballistic Nanoblades. These also cost ammo instead of (or maybe in addition to) BE. With the exception of the Mark and Execute feature of the Taser and the detonation ability of the flying blades, these seem to be the less overpowered augs. Dash is a mixture of Charge (Mass Effect) and Blink (Dishonored). It was widely overpowered in those games and I'm wondering whether or not they can balance it. We all know Bullet Time from other games and it tends to be a massive edge. The Titan Shield makes you invulnerable, but the graphics in 1st person are incredibly annoying. They've got a lot of work on their hands to make sure that there is at least a challenge somewhere to be found.

The hacking minigame looks prettier and with a few new options and tricks. I didn't find it annoying in HR and this seems to be an improvement. I wonder if it is still pretty much mandatory. In HR quite a lot of the story came from e-mails and it was a good source of XP. The Remote Hacking looks pretty simple, but depending on what it works on and what kind of resources it consumes it could be quite gamebreaking.

From the looks of it Adam is on a diet. No more chocolate for him, he has to use biocells. Why they didn't go the whole way and name them bioelectric cells is beyond me.

They talk a lot about combat being improved, but I'm not seeing it. Adam's movement is still not all that and popping up and popping some moles looks to be a bit clumsy still. Enemies aren't using any tactics whatsoever. They just bum rush and fire wildly. No grenades, group tactics, covering fire or intelligent aug use to be seen.

Combat, lethal or not, should not give XP. Non-lethal certainly shouldn't give more XP than lethal. In HR this lead to a preference for stealth non-lethal gameplay and weird behavior and this will be exactly the same in MD if they keep this up.

The conversation battle was weird. He said they improved it, but I'm not seeing it. It looks to be exactly the same. Does it take into account your previous decisions and gameplay actions? Do you build up a reputation that can help/hurt you depending on who you talk to? Does it take into account who you've already talked to, what e-mails you've read and any secrets you've uncovered? I did have to laugh when Jensen said: "Neither of us wants anyone to get hurt", when he just slaughtered most of the map for no reason.

I don't like the fact that the guy said that they'll be constantly reminding us that they've got multiple paths and solutions. I want to figure that stuff out for myself, not having my hand held. I'm a grown reptile, I can think for myself, thank you very much. The fun in exploration is discovery.

Eliza is back. Wonder whether anyone, but Adam specifically, remarks on the fact that she is an A.I. (and much more advanced that Morpheus, Daedalus, Icarus and Helios combined).

Originally Posted by Terenty
    And again everything in the world revolves around this augs issue, from ads to graffities on the walls. Iam pretty sure every npc will also talk only about augmentations.
    Yep. Laying the Apartheid-vibe on thick and heavy. It was especially bad in the train station cutscene briefing. Now, this might just be because of the place (an aug ghetto isn't a weird place to have this theme), but if HR is any indication it will be like this constantly.

If we are on the matter of the train station cutscene briefing, I'm not a fan of it taking a good 5 minutes either. For games it should be "show, don't tell" and "play, don't show".
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Originally Posted by Irate_Iguana
    The conversation battle was weird. He said they improved it, but I'm not seeing it. It looks to be exactly the same. Does it take into account your previous decisions and gameplay actions? Do you build up a reputation that can help/hurt you depending on who you talk to? Does it take into account who you've already talked to, what e-mails you've read and any secrets you've uncovered? I did have to laugh when Jensen said: "Neither of us wants anyone to get hurt", when he just slaughtered most of the map for no reason.

Yep. Laying the Apartheid-vibe on thick and heavy. It was especially bad in the train station cutscene briefing. Now, this might just be because of the place (an aug ghetto isn't a weird place to have this theme), but if HR is any indication it will be like this constantly.
    I think your actions matter in the battles seeing as the dude doesn't really want to work with you knowing you just massacred a couple dozen of his men and women. The train station was really heavy on the "augmented people are trash now" thing. Cops constantly stopping you asking for papers, drones, people being stopped and all the hey this is unfair. Then again EM isn't really known for their subtlety. I really wanted Adam to get all uppity though, but I guess it doesn't fit his stoic-tried-to-make-a-difference-and-ed-it-up view of the world.

The HUD is huge and the angled elements make it feel more gamey than it needs to be. It's in the way. I don't know if this is a console thing, or if that is the new vibe they want to have. All elements on screen are pretty huge. The ammo counter on the gun is not only huge, but also completely superfluous. It wasn't a good idea in the HR demo and isn't a good idea here.
    Agreed. And I'm sure if they were smart enough to tone down the HUD size and its elements before the official release of HR, hopefully they can do the same for MD. As it stands, it definitely needs to be worked on.

Sticking to cover is improved, but there is still a noticeable shift. Again we switch perspective for ladders. I was not, and am still not, a fan of this perspective switch.
    I honestly don't have a problem with switching between perspectives, in fact when it comes to taking cover, I actually prefer that it switches to the third-person view, you can get a much better view of your surroundings. I couldn't imagine a shooting game where cover is essential, but the cover being in the first-person, that just sounds awkward. I personally would like for there to be an option to turn off third-person QTEs/scenes for takedowns and other things like the Icarus Landing ability, while the third-person scenes look freaking cool, I find that it breaks the fluidity of gameplay.

The new environments look pretty but massively cluttered, just like HR. There is a huge amount of stuff everywhere. I'm hoping for some more contrast than we got in HR. Levels are still very boxy and with a lot of inexplicable, conveniently-placed, waist-high barriers. An artifact of it being a cover shooter, but they could have done something more with it. On the plus side, some of the environment looks to be semi-destructible. The plating on the railing near the hanging TV's could be shot off. This could make for some interesting levels.
    I'd say that the claustrophobic feeling and cluttered environments is essential to set the scene for that particular place in the game. It's a small, heavily populated city, there's going to be everywhere. I wouldn't assume that the entirety of MD will consist of boxy levels considering they've only shown one mission, and again, in that mission a boxy level design is essential to give you that claustrophobic feeling; and instead of it being horizontal, the level appears to expand vertically. You're right though, most of the levels in HR had that dull boxy design. Hopefully they mix it up a bit in MD, and also make the city hubs larger with more things to explore.

The takedowns are prettier, but they still seem to function exactly like in HR. Which means that they'll be subject to the exact same problems as in HR. The new augs look pretty nice, but overpowered. They integrated the PEPS and Taser into Adam's fists and made them cost ammo. Typhoon looks to be out and replaced with the Ballistic Nanoblades. These also cost ammo instead of (or maybe in addition to) BE. With the exception of the Mark and Execute feature of the Taser and the detonation ability of the flying blades, these seem to be the less overpowered augs. Dash is a mixture of Charge (Mass Effect) and Blink (Dishonored). It was widely overpowered in those games and I'm wondering whether or not they can balance it. We all know Bullet Time from other games and it tends to be a massive edge. The Titan Shield makes you invulnerable, but the graphics in 1st person are incredibly annoying. They've got a lot of work on their hands to make sure that there is at least a challenge somewhere to be found.
    While cool, the new augs do seem a little bit overpowered. That was one gripe I had with HR, some of the augs just weren't balanced properly and made the game way too easy and simplistic, such as the Cloaking and Silent Sprinting augs (can't remember what they're called). However it is difficult to tell from that demo about the game's level of difficulty, considering the player had infinite life/energy/ammo etc for the sake of showing off the game's new mechanics, but I really do hope they manage to balance everything out properly. For example, the new Dash augmentation should not only use energy, but also have a cooldown of, I dunno, maybe 15-30 seconds, adding cooldown timers on the really strong abilities is probably one of the best ways to balance out and stop the abuse of game mechanics, in my opinion.

The hacking minigame looks prettier and with a few new options and tricks. I didn't find it annoying in HR and this seems to be an improvement. I wonder if it is still pretty much mandatory. In HR quite a lot of the story came from e-mails and it was a good source of XP. The Remote Hacking looks pretty simple, but depending on what it works on and what kind of resources it consumes it could be quite gamebreaking..
    The only game I can think of that had remote hacking (and game that I'm currently playing because it's amazing) is Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. The remote hacking in that game was not only fun, but also mandatory in some cases to excel in completing a particular objective. I'm excited to see the possibilities of this mechanic in MD.

From the looks of it Adam is on a diet. No more chocolate for him, he has to use biocells. Why they didn't go the whole way and name them bioelectric cells is beyond me.
    "Bioelectric Cells" in the text probably takes up too much of the screen, and right now the HUD is already unnecessarily clustered. Who knows though.

They talk a lot about combat being improved, but I'm not seeing it. Adam's movement is still not all that and popping up and popping some moles looks to be a bit clumsy still. Enemies aren't using any tactics whatsoever. They just bum rush and fire wildly. No grenades, group tactics, covering fire or intelligent aug use to be seen.
    Combat looks fine to me, it is at the very least a huge step-up from HR. Enemy AI doesn't seem to have been improved on, they've still got that bum-rushy tactic from HR like you said. They really need to make enemies more tactical and versatile to make for a balanced, challenging experience.

Combat, lethal or not, should not give XP.
    This.

I don't really see any improvements either, looks pretty much exactly the same as HR convo-battles, this isn't necessarily a bad thing though, just not an improvement. And yes I thought some parts of the conversation were pretty hypocritical like the example you mentioned, and also how Rucker claims to be a pacifist but he willingly orders his ARC buddies to shoot and kill Jensen, and I guess anyone else that isn't part of the ARC for that matter. While hypocritical, kind of a minor detail really that I can just ignore and pretend it never happened.

I don't like the fact that the guy said that they'll be constantly reminding us that they've got multiple paths and solutions. I want to figure that stuff out for myself, not having my hand held. I'm a grown reptile, I can think for myself, thank you very much. The fun in exploration is discovery.
    You should know game companies by now, if they don't appease the casuals, these said casuals will whinge about the game being too difficult. So your wish is quite a stretch, kind of unfortunate really.

Eliza is back. Wonder whether anyone, but Adam specifically, remarks on the fact that she is an A.I. (and much more advanced that Morpheus, Daedalus, Icarus and Helios combined).
    I look forward to seeing what they end up doing with Eliza, and her/its relationship with Jensen, as Eliza helped Jensen in HR. Maybe she'll actually be one of Jensen's allies in MD? But how is she more advanced than all the AI's from DX1 combined?

I honestly don't have a problem with switching between perspectives, in fact when it comes to taking cover, I actually prefer that it switches to the third-person view, you can get a much better view of your surroundings. I couldn't imagine a shooting game where cover is essential, but the cover being in the first-person, that just sounds awkward. I personally would like for there to be an option to turn off third-person QTEs/scenes for takedowns and other things like the Icarus Landing ability, while the third-person scenes look freaking cool, I find that it breaks the fluidity of gameplay.
    Whether or not the switch bothers you depends entirely on the person. It is slightly annoying to me, but I can totally see that most people wouldn't be bothered by it. The 3rd person perspective does give you a better view of your surroundings and that is exactly my problem with it. It makes the stealth gameplay way too easy and gives you a too tactical overview for fighting. It also negates the necessity or utility of a lot of augs.

You can have a pretty good 1st person cover system. It's extremely uncommon. I only know of Call of Juarez using that system. Look up some videos on youtube to get an idea of how it looks. The 1st person perspective for takedowns and abilities is entirely possible. Dishonored had it. Quick takedowns for common people and 1st person cutscene takedowns for the important targets in a mission. It is doable, but not something that Squeenix wants for DX.

I'd say that the claustrophobic feeling and cluttered environments is essential to set the scene for that particular place in the game. It's a small, heavily populated city, there's going to be everywhere. I wouldn't assume that the entirety of MD will consist of boxy levels considering they've only shown one mission, and again, in that mission a boxy level design is essential to give you that claustrophobic feeling; and instead of it being horizontal, the level appears to expand vertically. You're right though, most of the levels in HR had that dull boxy design. Hopefully they mix it up a bit in MD, and also make the city hubs larger with more things to explore.
    In Golem city it is entirely appropriate. It was based on the Kowloon Walled City and looks exactly what I imagine a cyberpunk ghetto would look like. It also looked like most street levels in HR with stuff everywhere. The train station is cleaner, but still pretty boxy and with a lot of clutter. The other levels might be different and you are right that this is just one mission. It's just that we know what HR looked like and the levels so far do look a lot like it.

I hadn't commented on the verticallity of the level, but it is a welcome addition and I hope that they can keep it up for the rest of the game.

While cool, the new augs do seem a little bit overpowered. That was one gripe I had with HR, some of the augs just weren't balanced properly and made the game way too easy and simplistic, such as the Cloaking and Silent Sprinting augs (can't remember what they're called). However it is difficult to tell from that demo about the game's level of difficulty, considering the player had infinite life/energy/ammo etc for the sake of showing off the game's new mechanics, but I really do hope they manage to balance everything out properly. For example, the new Dash augmentation should not only use energy, but also have a cooldown of, I dunno, maybe 15-30 seconds, adding cooldown timers on the really strong abilities is probably one of the best ways to balance out and stop the abuse of game mechanics, in my opinion.
    It is a demo with an intentionally overpowered avatar, but I know those abilities from other games and I'm guessing you do to. Since HR wasn't exactly a outstanding pillar of balanced combat I'm going to go with my gut on this one and assume that they won't be that balanced in MD.

The more powerful augs will probably use more BE. The various fist weapons use ammo and maybe BE as well. These are reasonable restrictions but they depend on how limit their supply is. Apart from the 1st level there wasn't a real need to be conservative with BE in HR because you could find more chocolate lying around than you knew what to do with. The same went for the Typhoon. For a top secret military aug there sure as hell was a lot of ammo lying around. I like your idea for adding cooldowns. I wonder if they could set up a sort of general heat system like what Mech games use. Not only do you have to deal with energy and ammo but you've got to manage your heat.

The only game I can think of that had remote hacking (and game that I'm currently playing because it's amazing) is Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. The remote hacking in that game was not only fun, but also mandatory in some cases to excel in completing a particular objective. I'm excited to see the possibilities of this mechanic in MD.
    I liked it in Splinter Cell. That game was properly built for stealth and the hacking made excellent sense there. It could very well be decent in MD, but it all comes back to my lack of faith in their balancing prowess.

You should know game companies by now, if they don't appease the casuals, these said casuals will whinge about the game being too difficult. So your wish is quite a stretch, kind of unfortunate really.
    I know. Not only is handholding the name of the game in the industry, but I'm guessing that MD is much further along in development than HR. They weren't inclined to listen to commentary with HR, but they probably don't have the time to make adjustments with MD.

But how is she more advanced than all the AI's from DX1 combined?
    She managed to appear human enough for the entire world to not notice that she was an AI. Not to mention that she drew her own conclusions against the wishes of those she was programmed by. She had an emotional response to these conclusions. Daedalus, Icarus and Helios act exactly like a computer program. Their motivations are clearly the result of their programming.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

The 3rd person perspective does give you a better view of your surroundings and that is exactly my problem with it. It makes the stealth gameplay way too easy and gives you a too tactical overview for fighting. It also negates the necessity or utility of a lot of augs.
    No joke, I did not, once, use any of the stealth-related augs, and I got my Ghost points each time. At some point I invested in the augs because of a heavy Praxis surplus, and nothing else to spend it on. People may say what they want, the third person cover has an enormous impact on gameplay and balance, especially so with the level design, simple AI and lack of other detection tools. Yes, third person cover may still offer a stealth challenge, but this was most certainly not the case here, basically because the game also has to accommodate the other approaches, something a game like Splinter Cell needs not worry about.
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

She managed to appear human enough for the entire world to not notice that she was an AI. Not to mention that she drew her own conclusions against the wishes of those she was programmed by. She had an emotional response to these conclusions. Daedalus, Icarus and Helios act exactly like a computer program. Their motivations are clearly the result of their programming.
    You're saying that she's the only AI that has actually exhibited sentient traits. This is an interesting observation, and it's one of the reasons why Eliza might be a very important character in the future of the Deus Ex Universe. She'll probably be one of the keys to challenging the Illuminati.
    Last edited by Cyberhuman; 18th Aug 2015 at 08:10.

The only game I can think of that had remote hacking (and game that I'm currently playing because it's amazing) is Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
    Alpha Protocol had it. It was OP but it required significant investment to upgrade that far.

The guns didn't sound like those from the Director's Cut so that's one positive thing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last