Thread: Official Gameplay Demo

Official Gameplay Demo

That was an amazing demo.

Things I liked:
    -hacking looks like it had some work done. Remote hacking = more possibilities, which is great.
    -first-person crouch still there. Means I still have the option to stealth w/o using the cover system, hooray.
    -all the clutter in the level suggests that they may have better physics in the new engine. We'll need a hub exploration demo to make sure of this, though.
    -also, THEY MOVED THE EASY-MODE RADAR TOO THE UPPER-RIGHT CORNER OF THE SCREEN! This isn't quite the victory (a meny option to turn it off ala Thi4f or Wild Hunt would be much better), but it's still much easier to ignore it there.

Things I'm slightly worried about:
    -apparent focus on combat, and introducing combat augs for the "cool factor"
    -doesn't seem like EM learned any subtlety with their story-telling

Things i'm ambivalent/unsure about:
    -since when are convo battles "bosses"? When I heard the phrase "conversation boss battle", I imagined a Barrett-equivalent you can talk your way out of fighting (given the right augs). This is just a stoory element, albeit one I always liked. Nevertheless, like others, not sure where's the improvement here, unless we're talking aesthetics.
    -teleportation trick. I'm yet to play Dishonored, so can't offer an opinion on how well it works and whether it's OP or not.

Overall, I retain my attitude of "reserved cautious optimism" after this demo
    Bring back 5 character logins.

Finally the gameplay demo in GOOD quality:

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_25_min...-16783_en.html

Man I love that website

(click image to enlarge)

I just watched this and this going to be an amazing game...

1. I like the richer details but I worry that the game might end up being 50-75GB. I'm saving now to upgrade my HP 8770w.

2. I like the fact this is coming out later during the year. I hope they might support Directx 12 and Intel should have new hardware(6th Generation Processors) out by then. Good Move, Eidos!

3. I don't like Chikane...I'm sorry. I will always compare him to Faridah Malik. He doesn't seem to have her intellect. Listening to his conversations with Jensen was boring in the Demo. Please replace him with Ben Saxon.

4. I like the new ranged weapons but I think they will make the game too easy. I enjoyed using takedowns in DE:HR and my best/satisfying run was with the dart gun. I can't say enough about takedowns. I used to play DE:HR and position myself careful for each one...EVERY STEP made a difference during takedowns in DE: HR!

5. The conversations trees...in DE: HR I used to just spend time listening to the conversations to get intel. Some of the crazy stuff Belltower employees and the gangs used to talk about cracked me up. I hope they put effort to give this game that same feel.

6. The replay factor...they seem to have this handled clearly. I'm scared that I might be compelled to play this game for the next year after release...lol.

7. Will we see any of the original characters? Megan Reed, Hugh Darrow, William Taggert, Tong Si Hung, Bob Page, David Sarif, or the rise of UNATCO? Is Ezekiel 'Zeke' Sanders still in jail? What about Garvin Quinn, the spy from the missing link? What about Tracer Tong's development?

8. Will Jensen kill the 5 illuminati? Will they be the new bosses for DE: MD?

9. This is a wishlist request. During the Director Commentaries, the Eidos team said they cut out a lot of material to get DE: HR out. I hope when this series is done, they build a DLC with those pieces so we can see what this story was fully suppose to be like.
    Last edited by residentx; 26th Jun 2015 at 13:26.

Originally Posted by Irate_Iguana

I don't like the fact that the guy said that they'll be constantly reminding us that they've got multiple paths and solutions. I want to figure that stuff out for myself, not having my hand held. I'm a grown reptile, I can think for myself, thank you very much. The fun in exploration is discovery.
    That was one of the few things that I didn't like in the demo. Exploration when you're verbally handheld all the time doesn't sound very satisfying.

Focus time seems like an "I win" button.

As far as balancing stealth and action is concerned, seems like they went with simply making Adam tankier, but leaving the XP rewards favoring stealth disproportionally. Blah.

Originally Posted by Avenging_Teabag
    That was one of the few things that I didn't like in the demo. Exploration when you're verbally handheld all the time doesn't sound very satisfying.

As far as balancing stealth and action is concerned, seems like they went with simply making Adam tankier, but leaving the XP rewards favoring stealth disproportionally. Blah.
    Is telling you that you have options, holding your hand? All this tells me is that maps will probably be complex so hints here and there will help newbies

Unless you're an absolute newcomer to the franchise, you should already know that a big part of Deus Ex is exploration and finding alternate ways to go about completing your objectives. Usually, I'm all for helping out newbies, but not in this. I'm afraid that could take out a significant part of what makes Deus Ex Deus Ex.

Unless you're an absolute newcomer to the franchise, you should already know that a big part of Deus Ex is exploration and finding alternate ways to go about completing your objectives. Usually, I'm all for helping out newbies, but not in this. I'm afraid that could take out a significant part of what makes Deus Ex Deus Ex.
    I agree with you but I've watched others play who don't have the "explorer" mentality and they can't navigate it...few of my friends have even finished the game. This game maps will be complex...maybe the mode you choose will say whether you get the tips. Would you like that?

Originally Posted by residentx
    Is telling you that you have options, holding your hand? All this tells me is that maps will probably be complex so hints here and there will help newbies
    After the tutorial, which unfortunately is the entire first level these days, I do consider that hand holding. Getting players to get to know the game is something that the tutorial is for; a separate level showing them how this game does things. After that you should trust in the player and let them do their thing.

You can't force a change in players. Once they are told once that there is a possibility to explore a player either gets it and seeks a challenge in getting everywhere, or he will not and go for the fastest and most obvious route. There is a minimap and a larger map to guide all players. You can't force those that don't care for exploration to explore.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Exploration when you're verbally handheld all the time doesn't sound very satisfying.

I'm going to need damn good reasoning as to why I should purchase this game. It looks like a dumber Human Revolution with regards to gameplay. Considering HR was a dumber derivative of Deus Ex, well there comes a point where you cannot realistically call it Deus Ex anymore...yet we have Warren Spector begging for a Square-Enix produced DX1 remake not one week after complaining about remakes and a lack of originality at E3.

Words cannot express how disappointing and ass-backwards everything gaming is these days.

From the HQ gameplay:

(click image to enlarge)

There are still console elements in this new game.

Originally Posted by CyberP
    I'm going to need damn good reasoning as to why I should purchase this game. It looks like a dumber Human Revolution with regards to gameplay. Considering HR was a dumber derivative of Deus Ex, well there comes a point where you cannot realistically call it Deus Ex anymore...yet we have Warren Spector begging for a Square-Enix produced DX1 remake not one week after complaining about remakes and a lack of originality at E3.

Words cannot express how disappointing and ass-backwards everything gaming is these days.
    CyberP, I don't care what you need...why do you come to these boards and moan? This games looks simply amazing.
    You need to stop being so critical. Also, post the link to Spector begging for a DX1 remake please.

And just for the record, I still haven't finished the lame DX1. You want to something to complain about...every time I play it I get bored to death. DE:HR Forever! Jensen would smoke JC any day!

Your just a gangbanger, CyberP, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKYbXZE5EV8

Can JC do this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8tLuaR3lX4

I found an article about spector here, http://wccftech.com/warren-spector-c...elled-project/

He's crying about the violence...LMFAO. Here's his reddit rant, http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...eveloper_from/

placeholder so I can edit my above comments.I can't edit my last comment till another posts.

Also, don't forget to vote on the DE: MD goodies, https://www.deusex.com/micro/vote
    Last edited by MasterTaffer; 28th Jun 2015 at 20:22. Reason: Quadruple Post Merged

That's 4 quality posts right there. Out of 8, you've got a great average.

Adam looks like a true sociopath on the second screenie!
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

And just for the record, I still haven't finished the lame DX1. You want to something to complain about...every time I play it I get bored to death. DE:HR Forever! Jensen would smoke JC any day!

Your just a gangbanger, CyberP, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKYbXZE5EV8

Can JC do this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8tLuaR3lX4

I found an article about spector here, http://wccftech.com/warren-spector-c...elled-project/

He's crying about the violence...LMFAO. Here's his reddit rant, http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...eveloper_from/
    No.

Originally Posted by FrankCSIS
    That's 4 quality posts right there. Out of 8, you've got a great average.
    Ah, but how many of them are "classic" quality?

Originally Posted by ResidentX
    I agree with you but I've watched others play who don't have the "explorer" mentality and they can't navigate it...few of my friends have even finished the game
    Then the game isn't for them. Catering to short-sighted players is how you get compromised design.

Originally Posted by Isumbarus
    There are still console elements in this new game.
    Modern elements, not console.

Originally Posted by FrankCSIS
    Adam looks like a true sociopath on the second screenie!
    This is what it is...this is the direction Square Enix is taking on all their games...just look at Tomb Raider....Just Grisly violence.
    Adams not working for a corporation now...he's a mercenary now...

Then the game isn't for them. Catering to short-sighted players is how you get compromised design.
    The goal of all companies is to "grow" their base. The game has to be profitable, right?

Just to make some comments about "short-sighted" all my friends who couldn't get through DE:HR has reinstalled it after seeing the DE: MD video.

ADDED: asdsdasdSDasdSD
    Last edited by MasterTaffer; 28th Jun 2015 at 20:21. Reason: Triple Post Merged

The goal of all companies is to "grow" their base. The game has to be profitable, right?
    "Businesses should compromise their product because money."

Poor defense, especially when Deus Ex 1 was profitable without the elaborate marketing campaigns.
    But hey, it happens every day in any industry, compromised (and sometimes dangerous as a result) products & services for the sake of greater profits, that is.

You star in this vid. A freshly-grazed cow ready for the milking. You're the guy in the hat about 35 seconds in.
    Last edited by CyberP; 28th Jun 2015 at 21:49.

This is true, CyberP but you are looking at only the negative. Promotion is a fundamental part of life....Deus Ex won't last forever.

"This is true, CyberP but you are looking at only the negative."

Absolutely. The balance has shifted some; too much negativity. They aren't the worst out there. Human Revolution was decent and clearly had a lot of effort and love put into it. However, still excessive compromise (or incompetence) present, and this one looks to feature even more so.

"Deus Ex won't last forever"

It will remain relevant as long as it deserves to. As long as there are the people to consume and create in its image (and not distort the image like SE/EM). I'm not going anywhere yet.

Just wait for the game...you guys are criticizing it at "Alpha" stage. This game at Alpha is better than other games at final...

You're right, it is a little too early to declare it unworthy. I'm sure there will be a lot to love, but I'm not impressed with the gameplay I have seen so far and it is definitely compromised in some respects, this is certain.
    Last edited by CyberP; 29th Jun 2015 at 15:52.

Just wait for the game...you guys are criticizing it at "Alpha" stage. This game at Alpha is better than other games at final...
    A stab wound might be better than decapitation, but neither are something I wish to experience. The game has to convince and not merely be better than something else.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

You're right, it is a little too early to declare it unworthy. I'm sure there will be a lot to love, but I'm not impressed with the gameplay I have seen so far and it is definitely compromised in some respects, this is certain.
    Jensen is a mercenary now...he's not working at desk job in a corporation...things are going to be different.

Originally Posted by Irate_Iguana
    A stab wound might be better than decapitation, but neither are something I wish to experience. The game has to convince and not merely be better than something else.
    Irate Iguana, how does a "game" convince you? I think these kind of comments are just ridiculous for a game that is still 6+ months away...

Page 2 of 4 First First 1234 Last