Thread: [Spoiler] An even crazier theory!

[Spoiler] An even crazier theory!

I got a crazy theory of my own.... What if Max *is* Rachel?! Seriously, think about it. Max first travels back in time to save Chloe's dad. That didn't work out as intended. So, realizing she needs to undo that, but knowing Chloe will greatly suffer because of her dad's absence, she decides to go back again a second time, to age 13, to stay with Chloe, realizing she will desperately need a new friend in the years to come. This 'traveled-back' Max won't run the chance of running into the one in Chloe's existing timeline (as that one just moved away). She changes her appearance a bit, and now passes as Chloe's new best friend Rachel. Knowing the future, the new 'Rachel' arranges for her convenient disappearance, right around the time the regular Max re-emerges!

I know it sounds bizarre! But there are actually quite a bit of clues in the game suggesting Max looks surprisingly like/could be Rachel! Both Nathan, in the diner, and Chloe's mom (in the kitchen) mistake Max for Rachel. Yes, she was wearing Rachel's clothes, of course... clothes that conveniently happen to be Max' size! And remember that butterfly picture (blue butterfly on bucket) that Max mysteriously found in Chloe's room?! Chloe could not have had access to that 'old' picture... unless it was given to her, by 'Rachel', in the past!

Exciting times!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by meimeiriver View Post
    And remember that butterfly picture (blue butterfly on bucket) that Max mysteriously found in Chloe's room?!
    Uh, what? That happened in Episode 1 when Max took all her photos out of the bag and put it onto the table in Chloe’s room. That photo was originally in Max’s bag, not in Chloe’s room. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Void_Phantom View Post
    Uh, what? That happened in Episode 1 when Max took all her photos out of the bag and put it onto the table in Chloe’s room. That photo was originally in Max’s bag, not in Chloe’s room. Am I missing something?
    Hmm, I think I may have let my imagination get the better of me then.
    signature image