Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35

Thread: How old is Lara Croft in Rise of the Tomb Raider?

  1. #1

    How old is Lara Croft in Rise of the Tomb Raider?

    Here are some pictures that compare Young Lara and new Lara..
    I think she's 35 years old in the new game.. What do you think?




  2. #2
    I figured she would be like 23 or 24

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,542
    My best guess is ROTTR would be a few months after the previous game. Lara would need some time to recuperate (physically, mentally, and emotionally) from her ordeal on Yamatai, and of course organize her next expedition. Could be a year at most. So that would make her 22, or possibly just turned 23, depending on when her Birthday is exactly.

    However one more item to consider; the first teaser trailer showing that Lara is in therapy. So depending on how long she spent there to sort herself out, and at what point she decided she was ready to get back on the horse so to speak - it's even possible to see a 2 year window between the two instalments.

    But where most stories only focus on the significant events of a characters life, with the assumption of mundane and common routine in between all that, and don't fixate on their age across an entire series span, it hardly matters. She's roughly in the same age bracket at least for the first few chapters. And that's enough to know for now.
    signature image

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In a bubble outside the universe
    Posts
    5,137
    Rhianna has said (tweet I think) that Lara is 22 ish in Rise. Just this week in an interview, Brian pretty much confirmed this by saying approx. 1 year has passed since Yamatai.

    I agree she looks a bit older, but 35....really? .

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    Rhianna has said (tweet I think) that Lara is 22 ish in Rise. Just this week in an interview, Brian pretty much confirmed this by saying approx. 1 year has passed since Yamatai.

    I agree she looks a bit older, but 35....really? .
    I missed that in the OP. Marilena really thought this looked 35??? For realz?????
    signature image

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,050
    I don't really care about her age, since she'll pretty much have to be the same age every game if they want to do games without another reboot, so we should just accept that she's an immortal being
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In a bubble outside the universe
    Posts
    5,137
    Yeah, her age isn't an issue for me. Looking again at the cell image and the render(cgi?) model from TR'13, I just realized how closely alike they are. Awesome .

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    I don't really care about her age, since she'll pretty much have to be the same age every game if they want to do games without another reboot, so we should just accept that she's an immortal being
    Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    Yeah, her age isn't an issue for me. Looking again at the cell image and the render(cgi?) model from TR'13, I just realized how closely alike they are. Awesome .
    In essence, age really is just a number so it hardly matters because Lara is a timeless beauty. In her 20's she's a young hottie, in her 30's she's a sophisticated beauty, and if it ever comes to Lara entering her 40's or 50's, we know she'll turn out to be a total MILF
    signature image

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Welcome to the forum, Marilena

    Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    I agree she looks a bit older, but 35....really? .
    Quote Originally Posted by AdobeArtist View Post
    I missed that in the OP. Marilena really thought this looked 35??? For realz?????
    I actually can see what Marilena is talking about. On the right of the first image she posted in the OP I could definitely see how Lara can be mistaken for 30-ish.

    In the other images, it's different; there Lara indeed doesn't look anything close to 30.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdobeArtist View Post
    In essence, age really is just a number so it hardly matters because Lara is a timeless beauty. In her 20's she's a young hottie, in her 30's she's a sophisticated beauty, and if it ever comes to Lara entering her 40's or 50's, we know she'll turn out to be a total MILF



    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  10. #10
    She does look a bit "motherly" in the top right pic.....that stress haha

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In a bubble outside the universe
    Posts
    5,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Peritvs View Post
    She does look a bit "motherly" in the top right pic.....that stress haha
    Stressed and tired, maybe, but 30-ish? Nope not seeing it. I wish I had looked that good/young in my mid 30s

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Just gonna put this out here...



    54 years old. Just saying

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  13. #13
    Based on Family Feud statistics the 30's are when women are the most amazing according to men lol

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post





    Where there is a way to make you post meme, I will find it
    signature image

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,770
    Early 20's IMO.

    How old would you say she was in TR:U when she was an experienced Tomb Raider? To do all that acrobatic stuff gets harder as you get older. I would say in TRU she was mid thirties.
    signature image

  16. #16
    lol 35, she has 21 in tr2013 + one year = 22 or 23 for rise

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    816
    Interesting question. I'd say early 20's as well, otherwise too much time has passed since TR9.

    ''It blows my mind; you can really feel the mass effect.'' - Camilla Luddington

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    23
    id say she looks like she's in her mid 20's
    signature image

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In a bubble outside the universe
    Posts
    5,137
    @Driber, I don't know who that woman is, but are trying to make me feel bad? *curls up in a corner*

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by AdobeArtist View Post
    Where there is a way to make you post meme, I will find it


    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    Early 20's IMO.

    How old would you say she was in TR:U when she was an experienced Tomb Raider? To do all that acrobatic stuff gets harder as you get older. I would say in TRU she was mid thirties.
    Pfffffttttt, Lara can be any age and still move like an olympic gymnast

    Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    @Driber, I don't know who that woman is, but are trying to make me feel bad? *curls up in a corner*
    Sorry, Rachel

    Just saying, if a 54 year old can look like a 30 year old, a 30 year old can look like a 20 year old, so the OP's assumption isn't that crazy

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  21. #21
    Yes especially in the right pictures she looks older more than 30 years, I supposed it because in old Lara adventures she was 33-34 years old, and in tomb raider chronicles showed young Lara and now days Lara so I thought it was the same for this adventure
    signature image

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Just gonna put this out here...



    54 years old. Just saying
    I want to be like her when I'll be 54 years!
    signature image

  23. #23
    For example in tomb raider underworld she's 35 years old if I'm not wrong!
    signature image

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom, West Midlands
    Posts
    1,821
    Well Lara was 21 in 2013 and it's been said multiple times that it's only been a year since Yamatai. So she's 22, probably nearing toward 23.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In a bubble outside the universe
    Posts
    5,137
    @Driber, I think I understand what you're getting at. Looks can be deceiving, people can look younger or older than their actual ages. All I was doing is disagreeing with Marilena that Lara looks 35 in that Rise screen. I never once implied it's not possible for people to look younger or older than they really are. Perhaps I've misunderstood your point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •