Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lara Croft Go Impressions

Wow, looking really awesome... the varied environments and the animations are SO incredibly gorgeous!

Love, LOVE the style they've created for this game.

The atmospheric music is beautiful...

And that menu!!!

I'm very excited about the mechanics they've shown so far.

OMG that death!

Only one "criticism" - I wish the "books" (notebooks I guess, with the level screens in a sketchbook style) weren't just plain covers - that's where the feeling of the game is lost and it just feels plain. I wish they had some sort of design on them, something that Lara would doodle while on her adventure, a cool stylistic drawing on the cover of each one that represents those levels - snakes, stones, spirits, etc.
    signature image
    My Fansite: TombRaiderHQ.com

Quote Originally Posted by Relight-TRHQ View Post
    Wow, looking really awesome... the varied environments and the animations are SO incredibly gorgeous!

Love, LOVE the style they've created for this game.

The atmospheric music is beautiful...

And that menu!!!

I'm very excited about the mechanics they've shown so far.

OMG that death!

Only one "criticism" - I wish the "books" (notebooks I guess, with the level screens in a sketchbook style) weren't just plain covers - that's where the feeling of the game is lost and it just feels plain. I wish they had some sort of design on them, something that Lara would doodle while on her adventure, a cool stylistic drawing on the cover of each one that represents those levels - snakes, stones, spirits, etc.
    The doodle in her books are actually used as the loading screens from level to level! But you're right its not on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by NicolasVerge View Post
    The doodle in her books are actually used as the loading screens from level to level! But you're right its not on the cover.
    Thanks for the reply Nicolas! Loading screens - gotcha.

Yes, I think it would be nice to have something on each cover, even just an icon
    signature image

Yes, I think it would be nice to have something on each cover, even just an icon
    Oh yeah, I totally agree with that.

Maybe it just me, but I sorta imagine Lara making notes about stuff hurriedly, I'd kinda expect to see some tattered-ness to the books, but I'm not bothered either way, I'm still excited for the game

I do wonder what outfits you have tucked away though
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    I do wonder what outfits you have tucked away though
    Yes please, give us a teaser!

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    Maybe it just me, but I sorta imagine Lara making notes about stuff hurriedly, I'd kinda expect to see some tattered-ness to the books, but I'm not bothered either way, I'm still excited for the game
    I think the notebooks match the style of the menu items quite nicely, but it's just that the menu items are all very interesting (not to mention animated!) by themselves, whereas the notebooks by themselves - especially all in a row - feel a bit plain to me.

What can I say, fans care about and love the details
    signature image

I think the notebooks match the style of the menu items quite nicely, but it's just that the menu items are all very interesting (not to mention animated!) by themselves, whereas the notebooks by themselves - especially all in a row - feel a bit plain to me.
    Yeah, I get what you mean, I meant for the note books; lets say the jungle chapter (or whatever), there could be some specs of mud, or some sample leaves taped to the pages, like as you progress through the levels, Lara adds more "info" about the area to the note books.

I'm actually really impressed that they thought to do the menu like that, it's just so classic Tomb Raider

You guys get a up for a sequel from me
    signature image

Hitman GO was great but I really loved the style of a build model on a pedestal. I will miss this style a bit but I hope the gameplay will make up for it.

I'm really digging it so far. I'm currently in the "Maze Of Stone" and have enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I literally started playing and did not stop until my mobile battery went flat. I'm enjoying the fact that it's much more of a thinker TR game as opposed to a reflex test TR game. It's much more my style than 'Relic Run' is. As a fan of the old Core games I'm loving the unlockable outfits so far, and when I heard the ambient music used in the darker areas for the first time I got excited. I hadn't heard that in a long time and it was very pleasing to the nostalgist in me. And I dunno who did the music (I haven't kept up with this forum section so I dunno if it's been mentioned or not) but it's very relaxing. Good soundtrack for some puzzles.

Being someone who does not play games on mobile I'm going to say the devs have done a great job at making one that has engaged me. It's a game for a platform I tend to think is meant for calls, texts, and GPS only and it's entertained me. May not sound like much, but that's saying something.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Really glad you're enjoying it, WinterSoldierLTE, I think your assessment really hits the nail on the head on some key points! I think it's really fantastic that the game is reaching folks who normally don't play mobile games - I play just a few, so I generally include myself in that category too. Hopefully this means the game is having a lot of success and will mean more Lara Croft games from Square Enix Montreal!

The soundtrack was done by Pixel Audio! http://www.pixelaudio.ca
    signature image

Okay, so tonight (or last night depending on your view) I finally bought LC GO! I had to wait til pay day, only to find out that I already had £5 in my MS account, so I could have gotten it on release, my bad...

Anyway, I started around 10:15 and finished the game by 01:10 I know I should have taken a break or something but I was having fun and the more tedious the puzzle, the more I wanted to finish it right away. My only complaints about the game would be the "boss fight" levels, there were just way too many stages. And during those levels, whilst trying to dodge queenie's attack, I mis-clicked and found a ruby! Imagine my surprise when I suddenly realized that I'd playing through the entire game and not known that I could have been looking for pickups along the way (a hint would have been nice) Finally, the controls (PC) I spammed my keyboard in the hopes that Lara would lunge forward, but no, you have to drag from point to point (which I can understand, being a mobile game) but my god, there's so much clicking involved in that; I'd have liked to have seen an optional keyboard input.

Other than that, I think it's a great game and I hope you guys revisit it soon to add more levels (Perhaps some TR classics inspired levels? Maria Doria perhaps)
    signature image

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12