Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Final Fantasy VII - Remake - News and Updates

Final Fantasy VII - Remake - News and Updates

Final Fantasy VII - Remake - News and Updates

Final Fantasy VII - Remake
    Final Fantasy VII - E3 2015 Trailer | PS4
    - Official Website

Final Fantasy VII Remake Coming To PlayStation 4 (Siliconera)
    - Square Enix are developing a Final Fantasy VII remake for PlayStation 4.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Coming “First” To PlayStation 4, Directed By Tetsuya Nomura (Siliconera)
    - As Siliconera reported earlier today, a Final Fantasy VII remake is coming to PlayStation 4.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 16th Jun 2015 at 05:16.

Just because you, the moderator, post an article that doesn't provide sources to their claims, doesn't make it true. Until I see a press release from Square-Enix themselves either, in the this thread or via E3 tomorrow. I choose not to believe this nonsense.

Last edited by Grimoire; 16th Jun 2015 at 02:16.

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    Ooooooooooooooooooooh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-

Also: "FIRST on PS4." That sounds like PC to me.

Edit: Will tomorrow bring gameplay? Hmm...
    Last edited by EternalAmbiguity; 16th Jun 2015 at 03:08.
    Mooberry the Cow God demands repentance and belief!

Oh gee whiz, ANOTHER Final Fantasy game to get a prompt localization while the dozen-plus Dragon Quest games from the last four years remain ignored.

La-dee-freakin'-da.

Originally Posted by KaboomKrusader
    Oh gee whiz, ANOTHER Final Fantasy game to get a prompt localization while the dozen-plus Dragon Quest games from the last four years remain ignored.

La-dee-freakin'-da.
    Wait, you're comparing a series with 2.7 million sales in the West, period (http://dragon-quest.org/wiki/Worldwi...on_Quest_Sales), to a series where a single game got more sales than that entire series (3 mil, http://www.vgchartz.com/game/756/final-fantasy-vii/).

Good joke, good one. Of COURSE they're going to focus on the series that's making MULTIPLE times more money in the West. That's simply smart business (isn't to say that DQ can't come over, just that FF is more important).

Edit: have to say, I'm still amazed. Wow. Just WOW. Da-a-a-a-ang, son! And also, them moving Nomura, Nojima, Kitase--it all makes sense now!
    Last edited by EternalAmbiguity; 16th Jun 2015 at 04:28.

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    Well, then, good sir. You have made a believer out of me. On an added note, appreciate the smiley face. Shame I was at work when you posted the reply. Glad, I checked before I left for work this evening. YAY!!!! I thought something was up when FF7 never appeared on the PS4 network store after the announcement at Gamescom 2014. Square-Enix, you had most of us fooled. Good Job, on blindsiding us with this after trolling its release back in 2014.

Official English site: http://ffvii-remake.square-enix.com/

The day has finally come! I am absolutely thrilled for the news about the Final Fantasy 7 Remake!

I was very relieved to hear it will come to PC & ever grateful this info was not withheld. I have questions & concerns relating to this, but this isn't the post for them.

This game will once again cross borders few games can. It will impact the previous fans & newer generations to come. The story was already rich & relevant. The characters, their growth will be felt more deeply then ever. The gameplay itself will determine the rest. I've enjoyed all of the styles throughout the years, so I know & trust it will be great in the remake.

Thank you so very much SE.

Is this a dream or reality?:O
    OMG....pls Square take my damn money!!!
    Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!

But what will be the release date?!? AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
    Miz Sylver
    aka ruler of the known universe

Originally Posted by mzsylver
    But what will be the release date?!? AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
    I'd assume 2017 earliest, seeing this is for the 20th anniversary. Maybe even 2018 outside of japan.

OMFG O.O You finally listened to us...

Tear rolling

I literally started crying when the Midgar theme kicked in. I won't even care if they announce combat is actiony instead of turn based. That's how much I love Square right now.

Hello Square Enix, I'm so grateful you have taken the job and courage to remake Final Fantasy VII from the ground up and i'm very excited that Tetsuya Nomura and Yoshinori Kitase are supervising the title! I'm also looking forward to see more on World Of Final Fantasy it will be a great new adventure to play on PS Vita! Thank you so much.

Just announce the collector edition and I'll preorder it NOW! 2 COPIES xD

This makes that GIF of Hashimoto at Sony's PSX event all the more hilarious. You ingenious person, you knew!

Interviews
    Final Fantasy 7 remake was underway before the PS4 PC port was announced (Eurogamer)
    - Can't wait to see the delicious sight of Cloud in a dress in glorious HD? "Please look forward to it," said Nomura as the interview came to a close.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Will Have More Work Done To Its Story (Siliconera)
    - Speaking with Dengeki, director Tetsuya Nomura had a few more words to share about the much anticipated remake.
    - More FFVII news coming in Winter, lots of progress done on the game! (Final Fantasy Network)

With all that Final Fantasy VII hype, don't forget we have all 7 characters from FFVII Advent Children AVAILABLE NOW
    Last edited by Grimoire; 18th Jun 2015 at 19:38.

@Grimoire. first off, just want to say that me and many friends are super excited for the final fantasy 7 remake . i'm aware that we will be hearing more this winter, just want to ask if there is a particular event we can look forward to hearing more? and what we may see? thanks.

Gawd I hope the remake keeps all the quirky things.

Everything that happened in Wall Market.
    Cross dressing Cloud in particular.

Sun Bathing Hojo.

Tifa's slap fight

The ShiRa soldier disguise minigames

Turning into toad

Breeding Chocobos

All the things.

Can't wait to play this, it's my first Final Fantasy game that I ever played and it's my favourite. Thank you Square Enix for listening to your fans! And thank you Grimoire for keeping us updated, I didn't know about this until I saw your post!

When they do the mini games for the Golden Saucer, they should use the G-Bike game for the motorbike mini game. That would be fun!

Has any of you listen to the people at E3 when they announced this? They were all cheering! Check on YouTube for 'E3 Final Fantasy 7 remake reaction' and see all the people reaction to this news. That's how popular this game is, everybody that played the game are super happy about it.

Hi Grimoire, Thanks for the links!

Hope they include a New Game+ feature to it. The original has a lot of replay value and I know the remake will be no exception.

I am glad to hear that you enjoy this reveal as much as I do. Expect more to come at Jump Festa this winter.

A ha! I was wondering what the winter event was!

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last