Thread: Final Fantasy VII - Remake - News and Updates

Final Fantasy VII - Remake - News and Updates

Interview
    Why Square Enix Decided To Finally Make The Final Fantasy VII Remake (Siliconera)
    - “We’ve had plans for a remake on several occasions,” says Final Fantasy VII Remake director Tetsuya Nomura.

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    Interview
    Again with the very, very interesting comments about promoting the PS4 (not so much as the Sony device itself, but as a console rather than mobile/handheld). I would love an article delving into SE's personal efforts to revitalize console/AAA gaming in Japan.
    Mooberry the Cow God demands repentance and belief!

Interview
    Final Fantasy VII Remake Will Be More Realistic, But Won’t Have New Characters (Siliconera)
    - Nomura talks Final Fantasy VII Remake hardware choices, characters, visuals and more (Nova Crystallis)
    - Final Fantasy VII in June 25th Famitsu! (Final Fantasy Network)
    - Nomura talks Final Fantasy VII Remake hardware choices, characters, visuals and more (Nova Crystallis)
    Last edited by Grimoire; 25th Jun 2015 at 01:47.

A ff7 remake AND a new Star Ocean?! This stuff made my YEAR. The pre-orders will be through the ROOF!

I'm going to buy this game and a PS4 (don't have a PS4 yet but I will buy it for this game).

Funny thing when looking on the internet, my sister went on Game website and see that they already doing pre-order for the Final Fantasy 7 remake (weird since there are no release date yet).

Dear Grimoire,

Is there going to be a collector edition of Final Fantasy 7 remake? If so, I'll buy it! Me and my sister love collector edition. Can you please keep me updated about this. Thanks.

I wonder if SE is even capable of making a world map we haven't seen one since FF9 not a real one at least. I hope they do not destroy the materia system with some crap grid system, the whole battle system I really hope they do not destroy this game.

i fapped for 7 days straight when inseen this haha i love this game with all my heart cant wait for the winter now

Final Fantasy VII Remake

I came to this forum expecting it to be exploding with threads about the recently announced FFVII Remake, but I haven't really found any. Maybe I'm just not digging enough? I would have thought at least one thread about this would be on the top page. Anyway...

I'm elated about this news, as are a great deal of fans who experienced FFVII back when it was released (you know, when they made real Final Fantasy games and not the linear, move-from-one-fight-to-another crap they release these days). Sorry kids, but those of us who grew up on games that came before FFX actually know what a real RPG is. And that's what also worries me about this announcement. I'm worried that Square-Enix is going to try to modernize a lot more about FFVII than they should, just to appeal to the twitch-gaming kids that came up on Call of Duty and Devil May Cry games (all good games in their own rights, but not in the same class as FFVII). They have already confirmed that they are not doing an exact remake of the game, and will be making some significant changes. Now, I raised an eyebrow when I played FFX, and FFXII did little to redeem my faith, but I was downright disgusted with FFXIII and its sequels. That was NOT Final Fantasy, no matter what name you slap on the box. Again, you would know this if you grew up playing anything before FFX. If they "modernize" FFVII in the same way they have done to the series itself, I would never even rent another Square-Enix product again, let alone buy one. There are some main features that they would be insane to tamper with:

The Battle System - FFVII is a turn-based/ATB battle system game. That's just how it is, if you change that it effects something that made up part of the "soul" of FFVII. It would take away a lot of the strategy that was a hallmark of the FF games of its time. It would also screw over the materia system, one of the best things about the game.

The Materia - If you get rid of the materia system, this is not Final Fantasy VII...I don't care what label you put on the box. You can insist it is FFVII Remade all you want, it's legally FFVII remade, but no true fan of the original FFVII will regard it as FFVII, Remade or otherwise. We will disown it like a child who has done the unspeakable.

Don't mess with the main story points! - Ok, so if you want to make it so that Aeris never met Zack, ok fine. The fact that she knew him was pretty inconsequential. If you want to make it so that Aeris doesn't die....big problem there. That's a major point in the story line, and although we all wished she had lived, it's one of those "what's done is done" moments, and is one of the most emotionally provocative moments of the game. FFVII didn't enjoy so much success because of the (excellent) game mechanics. The thing that sky-rocketed it to the top of the charts was the spectacularly written story line.

Don't make it an "RPG For Dummies" game! - Seriously, do not soften up the old-school difficulty. If I fight a Weapon, I want to experience a beautiful visually remastered Weapon with an old school Weapon at is core beating the Hell out of me and pushing my party to the edge.

There are other things that other gamers have pointed out (just Google if you want examples) but these are the main ones for me.

Battle System
    Final Fantasy VII Remake’s battle system to see “dramatic changes” from the original (Nova Crystallis)
    - Rather than fall back on the original’s Active Time Battle style of combat, Nomura says fans should expect “dramatic changes” that gel with the times.

All valid points, Personally I thought FFX should be the model on which all other FF titles should be based upon, I especially liked not having to read 50,000 lines of dialog. The beastary, the arena, the aeons, the leveling system. <3 all of it.
    But when Discussing plot points in the future, could you please use " ** SPOILERS ** " before and after the comment, so those of us old enough not to remember the plot vividly can enjoy some of the surprise the remake might offer. tyvm.

As for everything after FFX, I agree, complete and utter garbage,. I played them all hoping to like them, but I just felt they lacked imagination and depth, what ever happened to **SPOILERS ** Chocobo Breeding? and the other fun stuff we got in 7 and 10? ** SPOILERS **

I know each person I talk to who has played the games, has their own version of what makes the game special, but SE seems to be more about making money than the epic fantasy adventures we are used too. I already play two mmos, and I don't want another. Bring back the good old days, of having to use the brain while you play. all the press x to win stuff belongs in the pegi +3 section.

And FYI don't bother with Type-o (zero) it is even worse than 13 part 2. I need to start renting games before I buy them.... expensive mistakes

Originally Posted by FantasyDreamKey
    Is there going to be a collector edition of Final Fantasy 7 remake? If so, I'll buy it! Me and my sister love collector edition. Can you please keep me updated about this. Thanks.
    I wouldn't be surprised - on the contrary, it would surprise me if there won't be one. However, it's far too early to say anything for sure.
    I'll keep you updated.

Game Engine
    GC 2015: Final Fantasy VII Remake won't run on Luminous Engine (Nova Crystallis)
    - During an interview at Gamescom, we asked Final Fantasy XV Director Hajime Tabata if the Luminous engine might be used for the remake.

Originally Posted by Grimoire

I wouldn't be surprised - on the contrary, it would surprise me if there won't be one. However, it's far too early to say anything for sure.
    I'll keep you updated.

Game Engine
    But why not use Luminous Engine , is because it's in development and SE plan to keep updated it until it fully support DX12, that way they can start to work on the agni's philosophy game with next gen graphics ?

If yeah that is awesome.

Battle System
    Square Enix is “currently working out the battle system” for Final Fantasy VII Remake (Nova Crystallis)
    - Final Fantasy VII Remake’s Battle System Development Is Going Through Some Trial And Error (Siliconera)
    Last edited by Grimoire; 28th Aug 2015 at 08:14.

Music
    Final Fantasy VII Remixed Celebrates The RPG’s Return With Five Discs Of Music (Siliconera)
    - A five-disc remix project celebrates the return of Final Fantasy VII with its upcoming remake.

Music
    Nobuo Uematsu won’t be working on the Final Fantasy VII Remake (Nova Crystallis)
    - During an interview with Jeuxvvideo, Nobuo Uematsu was asked if he would be composing the music for the Final Fantasy VII Remake and he replied back “Not at all”.

So if Nobuo isn't composing the soundtrack, I hope they choose someone worthy enough to do this. Maybe Marty O'Donnell? or John Williams? or Howard Shore, Danny Elfman? But definitely not Randy Newman lol.

Trailer
    FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE - PSX 2015 Trailer
    - A new trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake was shown at PlayStation Experience 2015!
    - Final Fantasy VII’s New Trailer Reintroduces Cloud Strife (Siliconera)
    - Final Fantasy VII Remake's 1st Gameplay Teaser Streamed in English, Japanese (Anime News Network)
    - Free FFVII Remake theme with the classic FFVII on PS4!
    Last edited by Grimoire; 7th Dec 2015 at 14:54.

Does anyone know if they are REALLY seperating the game into 3??? Because it should be one Giant game bigger than any before!!! Come on Square Enix! Why do you give with one hand and take away with the other?!

It seems that its going to be multi part!
    That sucks for me, if that happens in not going to buy this!
    Square always find a way to ruin a good franchise!!!!

Development
    Final Fantasy VII Remake Isn’t Completely Action-Based, Says Yoshinori Kitase (Siliconera)
    - Final Fantasy VII Remake to be 'Multi-Part Series' (Anime News Network)
    - Final Fantasy VII Remake Will Be A “Multi-Part Series” (Siliconera)
    - Final Fantasy VII Remake Details On Its Action, Midgar Exploration, And Cross-Dressing (Siliconera)
    - Kitase and Nomura explain why Final Fantasy VII Remake is a multi-part series (Nova Crystallis)
    - CyberConnect 2 assisting development of Final Fantasy VII Remake (Nova Crystallis)
    - The Final Fantasy VII Remake Runs On The Unreal Engine 4 (Siliconera)
    Last edited by Grimoire; 7th Dec 2015 at 23:44.

Looks good the multi-part thing, but, will be possible to continue on ep2, for example, with our previous equipment, materia, items with the save from ep1?
    If yeah, then will be awesome

Comparison
    Final Fantasy VII Remake Head-to-Head Comparison (PS4 vs. PS1) (GameXplain)

Message from Yoshinori Kitase
    FINAL FANTASY VII Remake | PSX 2015 | Message from Yoshinori Kitase
    - With FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, we have the opportunity to go beyond the story, world and experience of FINAL FANTASY VII in ways we’ve always dreamed of - from the depths of Midgar to the skies above the Planet.

Development
    Final Fantasy VII Remake Team Elaborates on Changes, Confirms Cross-Dressing Cloud (Anime News Network)

J'aime beaucoup Square-Enix mais décidément Square-Enix n'apprendra jamais....
    La 3D serait trop compliqué a mettre en ouvre pour permettre la réalisation du jeu avec le même contenue? les épisodes seraient obligatoire et l'impossibilité de se déplacer librement serait supprimé? Il aurait juste fallu retravailler et remodeler la 2D avec des textures en très haute résolution (texture 4K non compressé = environnement presque photoréaliste), et laisser mais créer les combats en tour par tour en 3D plus dynamique qui explosent la rétine.. donc désolé mais 3 ou 4 bluray auraient largement suffit.

Le Remake risque de très très mal reçu et donc pas marcher... la réaction extraordinaire sur internet suite * l'annonce du remake n'est pas un hasard! et Square-Enix ne se pose justement pas les bonnes questions.

Page 2 of 4 First First 1234 Last