Thread: Recharging items cost

Recharging items cost

Named Weapons from chests

Okay so the new chests came out, and lets just say the stuff you can get is pretty cool! I love the skins, I think they are amazing and the weapons are a nice touch, however.. why the HELL do you have to recharge a rare named weapon you win from a real money purchased chest?? So we have to buy the chests and then still pay to keep the weapons effects? Please for the love of god tell me this is accidental or you are gonna loose ALOT of customers when people realise you have to pay to recharge them. Id prefer to win a skin or unique weapon cause I don't have to recharge them fgs. You don't make a RARE drop, from something you gamble real money on something that you have to pay to keep (even if you can pay with gold that's still really dumb) I really love this game and I love supporting it, but if this is done on purpose then you will have lost of a lot of respect from me. Anyone else?

I don't know if these effects are any different, but usually weapon effects are recharged with in game earned gold rather than runestones. As many players now have ridiculous amounts of gold, this is something of a necessary gold sink.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Yeah I know you can pay with gold, but why do we have to pay gold to keep something that we paid for with REAL money. We don't have to pay gold to keep our marked vamp skins but the weapons that are more rare than the skins, then also require a continuous amount of gold to keep them.. Imagen how a new player is going to feel putting money onto a game, getting something he/she thinks is rare and finds out that they need to keep putting their well earned gold into keeping it. I just don't agree with that choice, they shouldn't have charges or what's the point. It's a shame :/

Originally Posted by Meowmans
    why do we have to pay gold to keep something that we paid for with REAL money
    You don't. You can keep the weapon. The effects alone need to be recharged. This is, as noted, a necessary gold sink.

And new players will likely obtain mysterious items long before dumping money on a chest so they would learn this before any real spending anyway.

(Note: In my experience with charge-related stuff, the charge is at 100% even after use...So either it's glitched or charge degrades very slowly...Either way, kind of makes this complaint seem silly.)

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    You don't. You can keep the weapon. The effects alone need to be recharged. This is, as noted, a necessary gold sink.

And new players will likely obtain mysterious items long before dumping money on a chest so they would learn this before any real spending anyway.

(Note: In my experience with charge-related stuff, the charge is at 100% even after use...So either it's glitched or charge degrades very slowly...Either way, kind of makes this complaint seem silly.)
    I agree with this, need a gold sink
    signature image

Okay well lets forget that most people need a gold sink, and lets forget that some charges are glitched and lets look it at its simplest. You pay money for something, and still need to keep paying gold to keep it at its best. Does this honestly not sound wrong to anyone? If you spend money to get the rarest item you wouldn't think youd have to keep paying gold. Yes a lot of you need a gold sink but do you really think the "super rare" weapons should have the same 'pay to recharge' function as an item that's free? I feel like people seem to just be thinking only about the long time players not the others that don't maybe have every item and endless gold

I totally agree with you Meowmans!! It is stupid and it makes people like me who actually spend money to reconsider spending any more. Is not that I care about the gold but refilling an item/ability is no logic. It feels like they want more money from us since they have the runestones as optional too. It also lacks respect to their customers. I do not use magical weapons or abilities because I do not like to refill them with either giold or runestones.

The game is fun even if it is unballanced and it worths a support. But this is like they have put a salesman coming by your house every week asking you "Would you like to refill your weapons or your abilities sir?". This is very unprofessional!!!

Still even if they had given me unlimited refills for like 5 euros I still would not like it. It very stupid to refill something. It is magical for God sake!! It is not an RPG like D&D were everuthing needs something...

Honestly, out of the chests, the thing I had complaints about the least was the fact that the weapons lost their recharge. all non-standard weapons have a charge that you have to recharge. /shrugs/ And you can't get the named weapons unless you pay actual real-world money, so whether or not they deteriorate is beside the point. You're still getting something for your money that other people won't have (until trading is a thing. But that's beside the point.)

I made a thread asking questions & raising this point a while back, but it got zero response from the devs.

If you filter your inventory items by rarity, you will notice this order (if you have any new 'Unique rarity' items they are placed between Mysterious and Arcane)..

Exotic -----------> Mysterious ----------------------------> Unique ----------------------------->

Recharge, Vfx --> Recharge, 2 Debuffs, 2 Buffs, Vfx --> Recharge, 1 Debuff, 1 Buff, Vfx -->

Arcane ---------------------------> Uncanny ----------------------> Starter ------------------>

Recharge, 2 Debuffs, 2 Buffs --> Recharge, 1 Debuff, 1 Buff --> No Charge, No Buffs -->
    When you look at the above, the 'Unique' rarities don't make much sense in terms of progression.

It would have made more sense (for example) for them to have 2 buffs, 1 debuff and place them above Mysterious.
    Then again, Exotic doesn't make much sense to me either.

Maybe I'm missing the point here. Maybe there is some forward thinking going on in relation to the crafting?

Last edited by SonixSquad; 27th May 2015 at 21:30.
    signature image
    aka: Hellsonix / LeMMy

Lower gold cost for reforging

2000 gold is too much to have to spend on reforging. To get 2000g you'd have to play about 25-30 matches at 20 minutes a piece(and winning about 90% of those matches)=about 10 hours, and that's not counting the time waiting in lobbies. Too much.

Couldn't agree more. The gold costs are absolutely godsdammed absurd!
    Last edited by Bazielim; 12th Jun 2015 at 07:47.

agree with the op, the bow i payed for is just a regular bow with a different skin, and having to constantly recharge it is bs.
    just like having to charge the regular bow would be bs.

And let's be honest, who has a 90% winning percentage? If you solo queue you're going to be around 40-60%. So realistically you're probably looking at an average of anywhere from 18-24 hours game time (not counting lobby time). Of course this is just for the weapons, the abilities are lower. But when you take into account the 10 classes, with 3 reforgeable items. You're talking years of game time for the average player that may play 1-2 hours a day. That's not taking into account the fact that you're likely not going to get the stats you want on the first roll.

Should be a third of that. Every 10 matches winning or so. That would be about every 4 hours of game play, if you won every game. It would be on average probably closer to 6 hours of gameplay. Most people play an average of an hour a day according to steamspy. That would mean hardcore players can reforge every other day or so. More casual players can reforge every week or so.
    Last edited by Nordikc; 12th Jun 2015 at 15:29.

Recharging items cost

http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...A89BCCA8A2641/

From the Moon....

We understand that you are Busy, we are also working a lot...

But Pretty Please :

Change the Recharging cost.
    1000 Gold +Blood & Stuff´s for 5 %
    1000 Gold & Blood & Qicksilver & Stuff for 20%...

+1

.....117, 000 gold..................................................O_o