Thread: Nosgoth Audio Drama. SENTINEL - At Dumah's Throne

Nosgoth Audio Drama. SENTINEL - At Dumah's Throne

Nosgoth Audio Drama. SENTINEL - At Dumah's Throne

Eskandor, defacto leader of the winged Sentinels faces a difficult choice in honour Raziel's legacy.

Part One - Taking Valeholm from the humans, Eskandor begins to see the truth behind the domination of the Razielim by Dumah and seeks a way to wrest his kin free.

Feedback is welcome and encouraged. Part two will be forthcoming in the next few weeks.

I love it all, the story, the characters, and their dialogue. It seems to be unfolding like I have hoped it would since I started to really focus on this era in the series because of Nosgoth; and it makes me wish for a campaign to go along with Nosgoth even more so now than before. I can't wait to hear part 2.

I LOVE this brilliant work Count. I can't wait for the next part!

I wonder if Eskandor will try to inform Turel of what Dumah is planning in order to keep his clan from being branded traitors once more, or will he not inform Turel and use the chaos to escape Nosgoth completely.

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    escape Nosgoth completely.
    Can he do that? I don't recall if the series was ever clear on Nosgoth being a specific continent or the whole planet...Though I'd lean toward 'planet' given the Elder God's dialogue at the Sanctuary of the Clans.

"This world is wracked with cataclysms - the earth strains to shrug off the pestilence of Kain’s parasitic empire. The fate of this world was preordained in an instant, by a solitary man. Unwilling to martyr himself to restore Nosgoth’s balance, Kain condemned the world to the decay you see."

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Can he do that? I don't recall if the series was ever clear on Nosgoth being a specific continent or the whole planet...Though I'd lean toward 'planet' given the Elder God's dialogue at the Sanctuary of the Clans.

"This world is wracked with cataclysms - the earth strains to shrug off the pestilence of Kain’s parasitic empire. The fate of this world was preordained in an instant, by a solitary man. Unwilling to martyr himself to restore Nosgoth’s balance, Kain condemned the world to the decay you see."
    It is certainly the most important realm in the world, the home of the Pillars and only place where vampires are; but I don't think that is all there is, the map shows an ocean and there is all this talk of desert areas beyond the edge of the empire that was mentioned in the lore. There isn't any pupating vampires to look after this time, so if there is more to the world then they have options.

Thanks for all the feedback. Part two is due to begin editing at the end of June for an early July release at the latest (fingers crossed). The plan for this in the long term to have an audio based around each of the classes on either Human or Vampire side, swapping back and forth between the two sides each time - to help through an engaging story introduce the newer fans to more of the lore and narrative. That is if all goes according to plan. What Human class would be preferred to have a audio made about them? I have my own ideas but I want to hear what people think.

I'd say Nosgoth counts as "The Known World". In other words, the parts of the planet that have been discovered and/or conquered.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

It's cool that you're asking us for feedback on which class to follow next, CountEyokir; and I like the direction you are planning on taking with this, jumping from one side to the next. It would make sense to follow the Alchemist in the next one as she carries Eskandor's offer back with her and decides how to share it. Will she inform the other factions of this, will she first take it to the Prophets to see if the signs show it to be legitimate, will she only bring it before the heads of her own faction and leave what comes next up to them (though she will still be needed since she is Eskandor's contact)?

From there, perhaps a Deceiver that infiltrated Meridian catches wind of this; and from there we can follow the Zephonim.

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    It's cool that you're asking us for feedback on which class to follow next, CountEyokir; and I like the direction you are planning on taking with this, jumping from one side to the next. It would make sense to follow the Alchemist in the next one as she carries Eskandor's offer back with her and decides how to share it. Will she inform the other factions of this, will she first take it to the Prophets to see if the signs show it to be legitimate, will she only bring it before the heads of her own faction and leave what comes next up to them (though she will still be needed since she is Eskandor's contact)?

From there, perhaps a Deceiver that infiltrated Meridian catches wind of this; and from there we can follow the Zephonim.

Alright I will elaborate a little more. At Dumah's Throne in its entirety, part one and part two, is the Sentinel Story. So Part Two will conclude this 'chapter' if you will. Think like the various book chapters of Legend of Korra. The next one will be a human one taking place either during or shortly after the Sentinel Story and will build on what was already established

I believe I understand, though I still say it makes sense to follow the Alchemist after part 2 with the Sentinel. Have you considered bringing the lore behind the skins? For instance the Alchemist can bear the Brimstone Vest (the garments of a former slave to the vampires), which Escandor could later explain to be part of the reason why she was chosen from among any of the other humans he flew over that night and why other humans might think it is a trap that she is a willing collaborator for.

Whatever comes I look forward to it, .

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    I’d personally agree I’ve always considered Nosgoth the name of the planet much like we call ours Eeeeaaaarrrrrrthhhhhhhhhhh…and what is shown is just where the Empire mainly sits, much like the UK with the monarchy in London but its still relevant to all the other parts/countries in their reign.

I don't recall though there ever being a concrete answer to if it’s a world or just part of it, even with the debate going on for agggeeeeesssss…maybe one day a dev will give us an answer!

Originally Posted by CountEyokir
    What Human class would be preferred to have a audio made about them?
    As for one I'd really want to have their own chapter…you can probably guess but - Red Sistsers

I would really really really love a Turelim one too

Sorry, I misspoke before. I believe the world itself to be called Nosgoth; but that what we have seen of it so far to only be the equivalent of a single continent or land mass, not the whole world.

Part two and conclusion to the Sentinel Story up and ready to go! Have a listen, let us what you think. Suggestions for future stories more then welcome and I hope all enjoy!

Loved it all, I found the Zephonim dialogue to be most intriguing.

Suggestion wise, when it comes to the Melchahim I think it'd be cool to hear one of their scientists reveal that they discovered the true cause of their decay (If I understand it, they believed it to just be the result of not receiving enough of the vampiric gift from Kain; but in truth it primarily comes from the corruption that marked Kain on the day he was born and has been passed to his creations, then passed to their creations and so on), how it is also beginning to effect the mental faculties of some of the oldest members of the clan, and how the mental degeneration is not going to plague just their clan but eventually all clans.
    Last edited by GenFeelGood; 4th Jul 2015 at 07:13.

This was brilliant, loved listening to it hope they next part comes soon!

Glad to hear it was liked by all! More is some as soon as possible