Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Patch Notes - June 9th, 2015 (and Forge details)

Patch Notes - June 9th, 2015 (and Forge details)

Patch Notes - June 9th, 2015 (and Forge details)

Crafting - The Spirit Forge

The newly available Spirit Forge allows you to modify items in the following ways:

• Enchant - Adds a new random property pair to items, changing item quality from Common->Uncanny or Uncanny->Arcane.
    • Reforge - Allows you to reroll a random property pair on Uncanny, Arcane, and Mysterious items (FX excluded). Once you reroll a specific pair, only that pair can be reforged further.
    • Recharge - Refills the charge meter on your weapons using crafting materials.
    • Salvage - Breaks down equipment into crafting materials.

Crafting materials are obtained by playing matches, salvaging equipment, and will be added in the store in a future patch. There is currently a new Crafting section listed in the store, but until these are added, this section will be empty.

More details on the Forge are in the blog update here.

Uncanny and Arcane Abilities

Primary and Secondary abilities can now be Enchanted to Uncanny and Rare quality via the Spirit Forge. Random properties found on these items offer roughly half the bonus or penalty on Primary Weapons or Special Attacks.

These abilities can roll a new Cooldown reduction property that affects only that ability's cooldown (at a larger percentage) instead of all cooldowns. The existing cooldown property has been renamed to "All Cooldowns" for clarity.

Performance

Optimization and investigation into reports of performance drops in the last few months are ongoing. This has been made a top priority going forward. In this patch:

• The Crucible map has been further optimized
    • Optimizations for many abilities including Shadow Bomb, Fire Wall, Shockwave, Ground Slam
    • Fixed some of the stutter when loading into the main menu related to parsing player inventory and store offers

Exalted Watcher

The Exalted Watcher Scout skin is now available inside the Exalted Treasure of the Kings.

Store

• The in-game Store has now been updated with new videos giving you a preview of what a selected Ability does. This is the first batch of videos, more will be added in upcoming patches.
    • There is a new empty "Crafting" section in the store. This does not currently contain any items, these will be added in a future update

Balance

Hunter

• Crossbow DPS reduced across the board by 4-5%
    • Bolt-thrower clip size reduced to 34 (was 38)
    • Reload time for Repeater, Multibow, and Siege Bow reduced to 2.25 sec (was 2.5)
    • Explosive Shot cooldown increased to 20 seconds (was 15)
    • Explosive Shot damage reduced to 300 (was 345)

Vanguard

• Shield Stance now absorbs 20% more damage before breaking
    • Reduced delay on weapon fire after exiting Shield Stance to 0.1 second (was 0.25)
    • Increased damage on Vanguard axes by 2-3%

Bugs

• Fixed an issue with Summoner recasting Abyssal Bolt after cancelling it
    • Fixed Stormbow bombs sticking to Abyssal Barrier
    • Fixed a broken grappling point in The Fane
    • Fixed Disguised deceivers being immune to stagger
    • Fixed an issue where hit indicators from melee attacks would sometimes appear from the wrong direction
    • Fixed an issue where nonlocal players moving against walls would appear to jitter
    • Cloth meshes on Reavers will now correctly disappear when Shadow Step is activated
    • Fixed an issue causing humans to sometimes spawn close to the body in Capture the Body
    • Fixed issues on Freeport and Valeholm preventing Dominate Mind targeting from working in certain areas
    • A second Hex Shot on a single vampire will now correctly extend the duration of the debuff
    Last edited by Saikocat; 9th Jun 2015 at 17:48.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Crafting - The Spirit Forge
    [*]Reforge - Allows you to reroll a random property pair on Uncanny, Arcane, and Mysterious items (FX excluded). Once you reroll a specific pair, only that pair can be reforged further.
    Is this correct? The pair you reroll is chosen at random? A previous post said "reroll a specific pair" that's why I'm asking.
    It's a significant difference because if that's true then you can break an item and never be able to fix it again. Which would suck.

Crafting materials are obtained by playing matches, salvaging equipment, and will be added in the store in a future patch. There is currently a new Crafting section listed in the store, but until these are added, this section will be empty.
    I remember a mention of crafting materials in daily rewards, will they be there?

Happy to hear about the bugfixes and can't wait to try the new system.

Ability videos is a great addition, as is the rest.

stuck in walls problems
    fps problems/optimizations
    noscam first person
    teamchat bug
    ingame voice problems/optimizations
    missing abilities for summoner/vanguard
    expired items/perks problem

and many more (small things) are missing. but thanks for the patch, better than nothing :E

Great patch

I'm glad to see Psyonix is getting back to bug-fixes, but why is the off-center crosshair bug still being ignored?

P.S. From the post above it seems like the stat being re-rolled is selected at random. Is that true or is this a miscommunication?

Been excited for this update, keep up the great work! You guys should also add this to your news on steam, so when people download the update they can see what it is.

Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    Is this correct? The pair you reroll is chosen at random? A previous post said "reroll a specific pair" that's why I'm asking.
    It's a significant difference because if that's true then you can break an item and never be able to fix it again. Which would suck.
    With Reforging you pick a specific existing pair, and re-roll that to get a different one.

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    I'm glad to see Psyonix is getting back to bug-fixes, but why is the off-center crosshair bug still being ignored?

P.S. From the post above it seems like the stat being re-rolled is selected at random. Is that true or is this a miscommunication?
    The off-center cross hair isn't being ignored, but the guys are working on the root cause of that one. I just got word the fix is being tested, so this will be going in soon as well in an update.

And yes, the stat is rolled for, rather than selecting a specific pair.
    Last edited by Saikocat; 9th Jun 2015 at 16:23.

The game is up again now!

Patch notes will be going on Steam too, unfortunately the Steam site was down when the notes were being posted on the forum/site (silly Steam).

The game is up again now!

Patch notes will be going on Steam too, unfortunately the Steam site was down when the notes were being posted on the forum/site (silly Steam).
    everytime i go in game it says "this patch cannot be used with nosgoth" or something like that and then the game closes... Whats happening D=?

nevermind it went in game and correctly started, guess i was too impatient lol!

We made a little adjustment to push the update going out Steam-side, so that should be okay now. If you have any trouble though, try restarting your Steam client to prompt it.

The forge is pretty cool. It is pricier than I thought but thats okay. What im wondering is how to get blood vials! I got a couple from a chest? Idk how I got the chest maybe daily reward? But every thing you do in the forge requires vials.
    In Game name/Steam: {WLπ} Paget Brewster
    Alchemist/Deciever/Tyrant/Sentinel

The blog will be going live shortly with the breakdown/table of mats, but Blood Vials are available through Daily Rewards, and from End-Of-Match rewards (drops).

The blog will be going live shortly with the breakdown/table of mats, but Blood Vials are available through Daily Rewards, and from End-Of-Match rewards (drops).
    Well there had to be blood involved. As Kain says, "One must be wary in dealing with the Spirit Forges. The Wraiths and Shades that inhabit them offer items beyond mortal dreams, in exchange for a sampling of your blood". I hope that quote makes it in there somewhere.

Actually, they weren't that concerned with whose blood it was:
    http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/az/spiritforges.php

...Still, any lore references are good.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 9th Jun 2015 at 16:53.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

The off-center cross hair isn't being ignored, but the guys are working on the root cause of that one. I just got word the fix is being tested, so this will be going in soon as well in an update.

And yes, the stat is rolled for, rather than selecting a specific pair.
    I just tried in game and I was able to select a specific pair, so you've got me thoroughly confused. Additionally: will we eventually be able to re-roll FX on mysterious items (even if it requires us to salvage resources from another mysterious item)? This is the main reason I wanted crafting and it appears to omitted.
    Last edited by PencileyePirate; 9th Jun 2015 at 17:14.

The blog's live here, and has some more detail on the material types:
    http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/the-forg...mes-to-nosgoth

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    I just tried in game and I was able to select a specific pair, so you've got me thoroughly confused. Additionally: will we eventually be able to re-roll FX on mysterious items (even if it requires us to salvage resources from another mysterious item)? This is the main reason I wanted crafting and it appears to omitted.
    Yep, we are looking at adding FX options into the Forge as well, just not right away with this first release, don't worry

And with re-rolling, yes you'd select which specific pair you want to change, and you reroll that one. I misread your question, though, my bad!
    - You select which specific pair you want to reroll, but
    - You can't select which stats you want to have instead (they're rolled for)

about performance, using the modded config (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...=149175&page=3), i jump from 60 on menu screen to 70/75 and in game from 55/90 to 55/100/110, the high fps in game are more but the low are the same... anyway seems much more fluid, but i play just a match in a map.

so the forge system is basically: salvage many crappy things, obtain tons of useless materials and play, play, play hoping to receive a blood vial, the only thing that can make you forge something (that you can't even choose and its completely based on luck). It seemed too good to me before knowing how the forge works.. now it seems just normal psyonix style. They need to disappoint players somehow, they want to

There is a Valeholm Spawn bug. Pplz sometime spawns at rooftops. Red circles in the picture.

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/150609/V...toltes.hu_.jpg
    Last edited by eXmoRtiZ; 9th Jun 2015 at 17:44.

What if I'll enchant some basic item/ability (like Throw Knives) and then I'll salvage it? It becomes unavailable for me forever (because I can't buy it in the store)? Definitely don't want to try this on my own, for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Dron1508; 9th Jun 2015 at 18:34.

Originally Posted by eXmoRtiZ
    There is a Valeholm Spawn bug. Pplz sometime spawns at rooftops. Red circles in the picture.

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/150609/V...toltes.hu_.jpg
    I dont think you can spawn on this little bridge. But you can meleeroll from the upper rooftop to this point. I used it against Peter, so you may have that info from him.

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by Bazielim; 9th Jun 2015 at 22:10.

Originally Posted by Dron1508
    What if I'll enchant some basic item/ability (like Throw Knives) and then I'll salvage it? It becomes unavailable for me forever (because I can't buy it in the store)? Definitely don't want to try this on my own, for obvious reasons.
    I did the same dumb thing.
    When we enchant a basic item, it should either create a duplicate of the base item OR give us a the ability to re-purchase the base item again!

Further bugs and suggestions:
    - Currently, clicking on items in the store home screen redirects to the blank "Crafting" page.
    - When standing in Smoke Bombs, the screen turns somewhat black n' white. Is that intended? If so, why not on the patch notes again?
    - Maybe add the ability to purchase crafting mats with gold?
    - The item forge animation is nice and all, but it takes way too long! Was cool the first time, now its just annoying.
    Especially if you have 10 months-worth of an item backlog to smelt.

There is a crafting tab in the store, does that mean we will be able to purchase materials soon? If so that's great, my luck with drops is beyond pathetic and I need Blood.
    Last edited by GenFeelGood; 9th Jun 2015 at 19:49.

OOOKAY, i put an enchant to my illusions: +1% attack speed / +10%!!!! cooldown W T F! Rly? And i can't buy a pure old one?! It's ridicilous. Oh, and it's not working ingame. (Acutally I did have that one illusions, and there was not the stat in).
    Last edited by eXmoRtiZ; 9th Jun 2015 at 21:00.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last