Thread: Patch Notes - June 9th, 2015 (and Forge details)

Patch Notes - June 9th, 2015 (and Forge details)

I wish I could do something with the forge but unfortunatly Blood Vials seem to be so rare that I can't -.-
    signature image

When I saw the three points regarding performance/optimization, I was disappointed and didn't expect any improvement, but this patch does seem to have noticably elevated my framerate. It has gone from unplayable to playable a lot of the time, although it can still dip down into "almost unplayable" depending on what's going on.(Potato config)

Also, my entire human team spawned on top of the green elevation in the lower right corner in Provance (based on the top-down image). I'm assuming that's not supposed to happen?

Same complaint as the others concerning the Forge.
    I have more than a 1000 Relic Shard, +200 Quicksilver Vial, +100 Dark Materials, a few Desert Glass and...0 Blood Vial.
    You can't do anything without Blood Vial, not even recharge your items, which is... I can't find a proper word without being salty there.

Please fix the respawns it's just annoying at this point http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=156030
    On a better note, the FPS are slightly improved for me now.

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    There is a crafting tab in the store, does that mean we will be able to purchase materials soon? If so that's great, my luck with drops is beyond pathetic and I need Blood.
    Well, that's what Cat said they were going to do soon. I just hope they let us buy it with gold.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Anybody else having huge issues with inventory disappearing? Most of my items are gone and won´t load during game... What´s going on?

EDIT: Several restarts still did not help :/
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 9th Jun 2015 at 23:46.

the forge is rubbish and random, what is the point in upgrade randomly something? i upgraded my shadow step, i get terrible bonuses, i melted the item and i get 1/10 of what i spent on it, and i had to buy a new shadow step, total waste of gold, forge stuff and time.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Well, that's what Cat said they were going to do soon. I just hope they let us buy it with gold.
    Absolutely, I don't know what I'll do if it's runes only.
    Last edited by GenFeelGood; 10th Jun 2015 at 06:41.

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Yep, we are looking at adding FX options into the Forge as well, just not right away with this first release, don't worry
    If possible I rly would like to have the option to disable FX aswell, for example my Deciever got a few awesome MI disguises but I can't use them because they got Flame and Ice FX. (too easy to spot me apart from the Illusions, and not optimal on Shroud aswell)
    signature image

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    Anybody else having huge issues with inventory disappearing? Most of my items are gone and won´t load during game... What´s going on?

I just experienced it.
    Go to your steam library > right click on Nosgoth > properties > local files > verify integrity of game cache.
    I hope this will work for you as well.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron

Can you try joining a match, or starting a private match? We're seeing a new bug affecting a very small amount of players, where parts of your Inventory aren't shown. They're still all intact and there, but not visible. It should be fine after you join/create a match. Let me know how you get on!

Originally Posted by Screwby-Dew
    Please fix the respawns it's just annoying at this point http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=156030
    On a better note, the FPS are slightly improved for me now.
    Originally Posted by eXmoRtiZ
    There is a Valeholm Spawn bug. Pplz sometime spawns at rooftops. Red circles in the picture.

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/150609/V...toltes.hu_.jpg
    I'll raise the spawning/rooftops issues with the team to see what the latest on that is, thanks for the detail, guys!

Originally Posted by mongobjarne
    When I saw the three points regarding performance/optimization, I was disappointed and didn't expect any improvement, but this patch does seem to have noticably elevated my framerate. It has gone from unplayable to playable a lot of the time, although it can still dip down into "almost unplayable" depending on what's going on.(Potato config)
    Glad to hear it!

One more addition:
    Originally Posted by Dron1508
    What if I'll enchant some basic item/ability (like Throw Knives) and then I'll salvage it? It becomes unavailable for me forever (because I can't buy it in the store)? Definitely don't want to try this on my own, for obvious reasons.
    Yes, we're aware of that, it was why you couldn't (currently) salvage common items, so we'll be fixing that.
    Last edited by Saikocat; 10th Jun 2015 at 09:44.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Louves
    I wish I could do something with the forge but unfortunatly Blood Vials seem to be so rare that I can't -.-
    So, posting this as a separate post to ensure it's covered off for you guys, but what we're basically seeing here is that due to the huge amount of items and gold longterm players have stockpiled, it's thrown the balance of items off a bit as a result. Normally, you would not be doing this much salvaging compared to how many drops you're receiving, so it's making Blood Vials seem rare as a result.

We're looking at ways to get around that and sort something out for everyone to balance out your mats numbers, so stay tuned as we're working that out and we'll post more detail soon.
    Last edited by Saikocat; 10th Jun 2015 at 10:14.

So, posting this as a separate post to ensure it's covered off for you guys, but what we're basically seeing here is that due to the huge amount of items and gold longterm players have stockpiled, it's thrown the balance of items off a bit as a result. Normally, you would not be doing this much salvaging compared to how many drops you're receiving, so it's making Blood Vials seem rare as a result.

We're looking at ways to get around that and sort something out for everyone, so stay tuned as we're working that out and we'll post more detail soon.
    The problem is not that we have an excess of some materials.
    It's that Blood is currently the only material that matters. At the current rate, you will always have a huge excess of other items wich renders them useless, as you are always waiting for the blood vial drops - all the while other materials can be salvaged AND obtained from random drops.

Might I suggest this:

Make Blood Vials (and maybe other materials?) dependant on your performance:
    Global:
    10 kills -> Blood Vial
    20 Assisst -> Blood Vial
    5k Damage -> Blood Vial
    35k+ Dmg-> You guessed it: 1 Bonus Blood Vials

That way people can actually blame themselves for not getting enough materials, and not the RNG fairies.

since the forge is random,only few nerd will use it actively, let they suffer for their nerd sins, lol.

Are expired perks salvageable? It would be good to recycle them as something useful, since I already have all permanent ones.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    The problem is not that we have an excess of some materials.
    It's that Blood is currently the only material that matters. At the current rate, you will always have a huge excess of other items wich renders them useless, as you are always waiting for the blood vial drops - all the while other materials can be salvaged AND obtained from random drops.

Might I suggest this:

Make Blood Vials (and maybe other materials?) dependant on your performance:
    Global:
    10 kills -> Blood Vial
    20 Assisst -> Blood Vial
    5k Damage -> Blood Vial
    35k+ Dmg-> You guessed it: 1 Bonus Blood Vials

That way people can actually blame themselves for not getting enough materials, and not the RNG fairies.
    this seems a good idea.. also if it can encourage people to "steal" kills or play just to get more kills.. but i think its a minor problem.

My prediction is that they will let us buy materials in the store (like they said).. everything will be purschasable with gold except blood vials that will be purchasable only by runes (an enormous amount i guess).

I've uploaded some high res shots of the new Exalted Scout skin to an album here, for those that were looking for some more screenies.

I have been getting horrible performance these last patches... I crash like every 3 matches or so. And my FPS is dreadful. Have not been like this for months. Was getting beautiful performance before...
    I could have all my settings on max with no noticeable loss of frames, but now... No chance...
    Sorry for crashing on you Silent... Would have finished that match if I could...
    Also disappointed over the crafting... Getting a huge surplus of shards, but little to no quicksilver. And blood? Forget it...
    Was so looking forward to this update to, for months... Was not how I imagined it at all...
    Last edited by Fatereaver; 10th Jun 2015 at 12:32.

I wouldn't worry so much about the blood vials. Yeah, I don't have any either, but materials drop pretty much every game, I think it's only a matter of time before you accumulate blood as well.

I have also experienced the inventory bug. Half of my inventory suddenly became unavailable, including 4 classes; thankfully restarting the game helped in my case. This was accompanied by a terrible frame rate but I don't know if it was related.

I have a question about recharging. It's costly now to recharge your weapons because you need materials as well as gold. How long does a full charge last now? It was very short before, I hope at the new price it's longer.

Originally Posted by Fatereaver
    I have been getting horrible performance these last patches... I crash like every 3 matches or so. And my FPS is dreadful. Have not been like this for months. Was getting beautiful performance before...
    I could have all my settings on max with no noticeable loss of frames, but now... No chance...
    When did it start for you, roughly? Have you sent me an email with your dxdiag info? It'll help us when tracking down specific changes we can make in relation to hardware configurations.
    The post with detail is here: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...21#post2126821

Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    I have also experienced the inventory bug. Half of my inventory suddenly became unavailable, including 4 classes; thankfully restarting the game helped in my case. This was accompanied by a terrible frame rate but I don't know if it was related.
    Can you try playing a match, or starting a private match? It should clear it up, the inventory is there it's just not visible, but that should fix it while we get the proper fix in place for the issue.

Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    I have a question about recharging. It's costly now to recharge your weapons because you need materials as well as gold. How long does a full charge last now? It was very short before, I hope at the new price it's longer.
    I'll check into the specifics!

Can we buy all materials for forge in the future in gold if is possible

blood is so rare to find

Originally Posted by Sasha_Vykos
    this seems a good idea.. also if it can encourage people to "steal" kills or play just to get more kills.. but i think its a minor problem.

My prediction is that they will let us buy materials in the store (like they said).. everything will be purschasable with gold except blood vials that will be purchasable only by runes (an enormous amount i guess).
    I think it's not necessary. The old players miss the blood much, because they have tons of in their inventory. The newer players didn't, so they don't feel this way. It's not problem to need to play matches for the blood. I play 6 match yesterday or so, I got blood once (3 pieces in that one match).

@Saikocat: The secondary ability positive stat nerf, negativ stats boost is serious? (positive: +1% movespeed negative: +10% ability cooldown). Then, in the match, it's not working (it's not show as uncanny item).

FPS: Saiko there is any possibilty to add a "show fps" command to the options?! I mean it's in the UE3 engine, when i'm in the options i see it, but it's not like if my FPS in action. I felt better yesterday at playing, but if FPS is better or not I don't know.

With this patch my FPS seems to be back where it was before (60-80, which is great) so that is a big . I'm also happy to hear that the issue with low Blood Vial drops is being looked at.

Would you considered a Blood Vial drop weekend event, where the only drop is Blood Vials?

I'm happy the wraith forges were brought in as the crafting mechanism, another good use of the lore in the series; and hopefully the blood will be available for purchase with the rest of the materials soon and crafting can really get underway, hopefully they will be purchasable with gold.

We'll be looking at Blood Vials overall, so once there's some specific news on that I'll share it with everyone. We're listening to the feedback.

@Saikocat: The secondary ability positive stat nerf, negativ stats boost is serious? (positive: +1% movespeed negative: +10% ability cooldown). Then, in the match, it's not working (it's not show as uncanny item).
    I'm not sure I follow, can you expand on the question just to make sure I'm clear? Then I'll either answer or dig into it further

We'll be looking at Blood Vials overall, so once there's some specific news on that I'll share it with everyone. We're listening to the feedback.

I'm not sure I follow, can you expand on the question just to make sure I'm clear? Then I'll either answer or dig into it further
    http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/150610/S...toltes.hu_.png

Originally it's s +2% / +5% pair.

I'll check. And you're seeing that it's not showing as uncanny in-game? What does it show instead?

Page 2 of 4 First First 1234 Last