View Poll Results: What was your favourite CGI trailer?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tomb Raider Anniversary

2 13.33%
  • Tomb Raider Underworld (Manor Exploding)

1 6.67%
  • Tomb Raider Underworld (Launch Trailer)

5 33.33%
  • Tomb Raider (Turning Point)

2 13.33%
  • Rise of The Tomb Raider (E3 Launch)

4 26.67%
  • Rise of The Tomb Raider (Legend Within)

1 6.67%
  • None

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best TR CGI Trailers.

Best TR CGI Trailers.

In this thread I'm only including the CGI trailers made by Crystal since they're the new thing and I'm sure tons more will be made! All the trailers with CGI are in this post

My favourite is the underworld one where she is going through all of the locations of the game, the 30 second version was so gripping and intense.

Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Tomb Raider: Underworld (Manor Exploding)

Tomb Raider: Underworld (Launch Trailer)

Tomb Raider (Turning Point)

Rise of The Tomb Raider (E3 Launch Trailer)

Rise of The Tomb Raider (Legend Within Trailer)

ALL OF THEM

No but seriously, my all time favorite is still the Underworld Launch trailer.

On that note, Square can we please get a CG feature film? If you plan on doing something for the 20th anniversary, even a short Animatrix-esque one (ala Final Flight of Osiris) would drive me up the walls...

Yes! I always said, the scale they can make a video game trailer at would make for an AMAZING movie. I'd love a 30 min movie for the 20th anniversary

The 'Underworld' manor exploding one. It's such an original idea. I'd never seen a concept like that before, and I haven't seen one since. And why did Lara blow up her own house? OOOoooo the mystery!
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

I remember us all going mental here wondering what could have happened! The speculation was intense

If we counted all the trailers then AOD is my favourite as it is gripping and epic. Out of the CD ones I have to choose Anniversary. The beauty of the colours, the action and that look to camera at the end is brilliant.

For me it's Turning Point. This one struck a chord for me like no other had in a decade.
    signature image

The Underworld launch trailer . Very well put together

This would be my top-6

6. Tomb Raider: Anniversary
    5. Tomb Raider: Underworld (Launch Trailer)
    4. Rise of the Tomb Raider (Legend Within)
    3. Tomb Raider: Underworld (Manor Exploding)
    2. Tomb Raider 9 (Turning Point)
    1. Rise of the Tomb Raider (E3 teaser)

The Rise teaser had exactly the plot elements I hoped the game would follow. And a feel of excitement washed over me unlike any trailer before.

''It blows my mind; you can really feel the mass effect.'' - Camilla Luddington

I always liked how in the Anniversary trailer Laras arms had muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Gitb97 View Post
    I always liked how in the Anniversary trailer Laras arms had muscle
    My favorite moment is 'the look'

Omg yes. Look at herrrr, that's the part of the trailer that makes people go 'DAMN SON'

It was between the Underwolrd trailers for me, picked Launch though
    signature image

Oh my gosh this is so hard! I think I have to go with Underworld's Launch trailer, I'll always have a soft spot in me for Underworld, and I just really love that trailer. Anni's is completely gorgeous, (with that CG Lara being one of my top fave Lara's) the other one for Underworld was pretty shocking and very mystery. The turning point trailer is truly iconic, and Rise's are very cool.
    signature image

I voted ROTTR launch trailer when I wanted to vote for Underworld launch trailer :P oh, well
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

I can't vote for an unknown reason (perhaps because I haven't been here for long). I would definitely vote for TRU's trailer though
    signature image
    http://tombeaucroft.net - French Official Fansite

The majority of us are in agreement I think I rewatched the TR:U launch trailer back a few times because it's just that good

The 'Underworld' launch trailer is cool, no doubt, but it's a big miss-lead as well. Before anyone says "Well, yeah of course it is! The game sucked!" (I love 'Underworld', for the record) I'm talking about 2 things in particular: 1) That bit where she's running along the collapsing bridge and gunning down enemies from 0:08-0:12. Where was that? I'd have loved to do that, even as a QTE! And 2) Underpuss. What a build up to a bloke that just lays there. Big disappointment there.
    signature image

Underworld was a very unique trailer, with great music too.

That running along the collapsing bridge did happen, sort of. But it wasn't as active, like you said. Still, when I got there I thought: ''Hey, it that moment from the trailer!''. And it didn't fail to disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitb97 View Post
    Yes! I always said, the scale they can make a video game trailer at would make for an AMAZING movie. I'd love a 30 min movie for the 20th anniversary
    So posting that in the proposal thread!

Quote Originally Posted by maxiris View Post
    I can't vote for an unknown reason (perhaps because I haven't been here for long). I would definitely vote for TRU's trailer though
    Anti-spam measure. When your post count hits 30 you'll be able to

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    Underworld was a very unique trailer, with great music too.

That running along the collapsing bridge did happen, sort of. But it wasn't as active, like you said. Still, when I got there I thought: ''Hey, it that moment from the trailer!''. And it didn't fail to disappoint.
    I have a love/hate relationship with underworld but the trailer is a full love relationship

Turning Point for me. A lot happened in that trailer, and the soundtrack was amazing.

• I also loved the Tomb Raider Underworld Launch trailer because there's a lot of action and bad ass stuff.

• The Tomb Raider Underworld Manor trailer was nice but it's not my fav. But I admit I was wondering in its time why Lara did that to her manor.

Anniversary trailer was simple but I like it, there's action and dinosaurs.

• The E3 ROTTR trailer... definitely not my fav one. Too depressing and dark. There's action but the way the trailer is made, makes me look at it very differently.

ROTTR Aim Greater trailer was nice, and beautiful. But I'm not hyped. I'm not more excited for ROTTR than what I was before.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by FearEffectInferno View Post
    ROTTR Aim Greater trailer was nice, and beautiful. But I'm not hyped. I'm not more excited for ROTTR than what I was before.
    Ya know, I'm not either. It was ok, but I must admit anytime I see something like that I just hope the game models look as good as they do in the preview cinematic. And how often does that happen? It was one of the few disappointing things about 'TR2013' for me. In game Lara looked nothing like "Turning Point" Lara.
    signature image

Rise of The Tomb Raider (E3 Launch Trailer), because the music is deep. The atmosphere also. Immersive Lara !

The E3 trailer caused a lot of buzz tbh. Has anyone seen the youtube vids of ppl reacting to it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast