Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: Nosgoth State of Play: May 2015

Nosgoth State of Play: May 2015

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Just to expand a little on what the state of play blog said, for now

• You'll use materials and gold to enchant or reforge weapons and abilities
    • Materials will be end-of-match drops, are going into Daily Rewards, and you'll be able to get them from other items by salvaging them (breaking them down).
    • Enchanting adds a magical property pair (buff+debuff) to an item
    • Reforging them will let you pick a property pair and re-roll for a new pair. For instance you might have a Multibow with +10% stun resist/-15% health from heal stations. If you reforge it, you can select that property pair and roll to get a different one (see below screenshot for an example).
    • You can Enchant and Reforge Weapons and Specials, but also Primary and Secondary abilities, eg you'll be able to take your standard Poison Bola and add a magical property pair to it

The new Exalted Scout skin will be going into the Exalted Treasure Of The Kings chest loot tables in this patch as well.
    Can you say what some of the items are? Will there be some sort of recipe list either in a blog or in game. Also, are there items that can imbue a weapon with elemental effects?
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by LOFO1993
    Square is going to hold a stage conference at E3 2015. If they won't even NAME Nosgoth during the event, I really don't like where this is going, and I can only feel bad for Psyonix.
    In the end Square Enix is a big company that won't put any long term investment into a dying franchise. If they're not getting mentioned on stage then its safe to assume the higher ups already decided to stop funding and promoting Nosgoth since there is no future in it. I'm sure it'll continue to exsist with skin releases here and there but only to try to earn back their initial investment.

Its going to take more than just skins and pumping money in tournaments based on TDM/CTF to put Nosgoth on the map. The way it is right now is that Nosgoth is a realy unique and fun game and thats where the story ends.

Its more of a concept with alot of potential than a fully fleshed out game. You have all these classes with powers and assymetric gameplay coming from an IP that has alot of lore and the only thing they can come up with is TDM and CTF.

That objective based game mode I mentioned in my other thread would be able to satisfy the casual people who like the unique gameplay and narrative/story of the game and the competetive players who like to get good using the gamemechanics and strategy.

You could release a map with new objectives every time that expands the lore as the result of a map win/victory tied in with cosmetic purchasables and what not.

That way the game is unique, fun and keeps players involved and spending money along the way. No other PvP F2P title has this kind of model except for maybe Warframe but that isn't realy PvP based.

(http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=156078)

So let me see if I have a grasp of this item forge.

It seems to be an RPG setup based on this description and picture provided, involving components (bones, bloods, essences, crystals, and ingots) that combine in different ratios to create different perks for the weapons/abilities being forged.

The salvage breaks the weapons/abilities (possibly even perks) down into the components (hope we don't lose any in the process) in order to be allocated towards other weapons/abilities with more desirable perks or for those same perks, just with more acceptable debuffs.

Am I close?

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Can you say what some of the items are? Will there be some sort of recipe list either in a blog or in game. Also, are there items that can imbue a weapon with elemental effects?
    We'll put the ingredients list in the blog, yep, you can see the icons already in the image Jeremy shared above.
    At the moment, the system doesn't include cosmetic effects, but it's something we're looking at adding down the line.

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    So let me see if I have a grasp of this item forge.

It seems to be an RPG setup based on this description and picture provided, involving components (bones, bloods, essences, crystals, and ingots) that combine in different ratios to create different perks for the weapons/abilities being forged.

The salvage breaks the weapons/abilities (possibly even perks) down into the components (hope we don't lose any in the process) in order to be allocated towards other weapons/abilities with more desirable perks or for those same perks, just with more acceptable debuffs.

Am I close?
    Essentially. You can get materials from salvaging, end-of-match drops, and Daily Rewards. They can be used to enchant a weapon, special or ability, to reforge (roll for different property pair), or recharge an item. If you reforge a property pair, it changes both the buff and the debuff, so you get a new pair.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

At the moment, the system doesn't include cosmetic effects, but it's something we're looking at adding down the line.
    Can you consider this sort of thing with the demon remains if you end up doing that?
    http://forums.na.square-enix.com/sho...52#post2126352
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Can you consider this sort of thing with the demon remains if you end up doing that?
    http://forums.na.square-enix.com/sho...52#post2126352
    I'll share that idea here

Almost the end of the week and I can't contain my forge hype. Will she be here soon <3?
    In Game name/Steam: {WLπ} Paget Brewster
    Alchemist/Deciever/Tyrant/Sentinel

8. Originally Posted by Truckposeidon
    Almost the end of the week and I can't contain my forge hype. Will she be here soon <3?
    The patch was postponed to the beginning of next week (probably because of ESL finals).

Thanks Saikocat, I just have 3 more questions about the Item Forge and I'll be good to wait quietly for release.

1) Will we be able to attach 2 buffs/debuffs to the abilities like with the weapons and special powers?
    2) Since we are gonna be able to control what buffs get placed, will we be able to stack the same buff on a weapon or ability more than once (for example, 2 ability cooldowns on a reaver pounce)?
    3) If yes to question 1 & 2, will we also be able to stack the same buffs on the abilities?

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    Thanks Saikocat, I just have 3 more questions about the Item Forge and I'll be good to wait quietly for release.

1) Will we be able to attach 2 buffs/debuffs to the abilities like with the weapons and special powers?
    2) Since we are gonna be able to control what buffs get placed, will we be able to stack the same buff on a weapon or ability more than once (for example, 2 ability cooldowns on a reaver pounce)?
    3) If yes to question 1 & 2, will we also be able to stack the same buffs on the abilities?

1 - Yes, they'll work the way current Specials and Weapons do, each one will have two "slots", for a buff/debuff pair.

2 - You won't be able to pick and choose them, so you can't choose two of the same ones to stack. You'll roll for a pair.
    I will check with the guys about whether it's possible to randomly get the same one twice, and update when I know for sure.

1 - Yes, they'll work the way current Specials and Weapons do, each one will have two "slots", for a buff/debuff pair.

2 - You won't be able to pick and choose them, so you can't choose two of the same ones to stack. You'll roll for a pair.
    I will check with the guys about whether it's possible to randomly get the same one twice, and update when I know for sure.
    Cool...so would the patch be dropping this Thursday?

Yesterday during the ESL broadcast, i thought she said the patch is tomorrow.
    That would mean today, i really hope so.

i hope is it for today :P

Page 3 of 3 First First 123