Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: A few suggestions.

A few suggestions.

A few suggestions.

Greetings,
    I'm a relative new Nosgoth player and i gotta admit the game has ALOT of potential, and its already in a very acceptable stage for me. I realize the dev team are doing everything they can for the game to thrive, and i appreciate it.
    Although i have a few suggestions about some "minor" yet very enjoyable elements that i, personally, would love to see implemented.

DISCLAIMER: The order of suggestions is random and does not represent their significance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Audible kill streak announcing.
    Example : Double kill - Triple Kill etc.

2) Auto - Run function.
    Auto run function with the option to set a keybind for it. You might be wondering why would i want this, and i would not blame you for asking. im a multitasker, and even if i can auto run towards a direction for 3 secs its enough for me to micromanage other things. This comes handy especially on those random opposite-corner-of-the-map spawns.

3) Camera Options
    Camera for Scout class while drawing his bow becomes very annoying. The field of view narrows down ALOT which is acceptable to a degree, but almost the left half of the screen is filled with the scout's arm and bow... So essentially,add some Camera options in general.

4)Dodge roll revise.
    Dodge roll, in my opinion, should actually grant a split second immunity from auto attacks. As far as i understand at the moment it just relocates you without actually protecting you. and when Vampires can cover the dodge distance with a single mouse click i think it really defeats the purpose of dodging.

5) Minimap Options.
    In game minimap zoom levels, and minimap rotation options. I personally would love to see the whole map while playing since it gives me a better understanding about my teammates positions.

6) Game Reconnecting function.
    Not much to tell about this, its quite self-explanatory.

7) Single Side Game Mode.
    A game mode that would allow you to pick a side (human or vampire) and play on that side the entire match. Many players dont enjoy both sides equally. Me for example i dislike playing as a vampire, and when i am forced to play as one, i usually suck at it and in consequence i am being a burden to the whole team.

8) In-Game HUD customization.
    Give us the ability to set the elements on our screens as each player prefers them to be.

9) Personal Overhead Health Bar.
    Nosgoth is a fast paced game which demands all my attention to be successful in it , and having to look to my monitor's corner every time i need to check my health distracts me a lot messing with my tracking on enemies position. I'd love to have a toggle-able healthbar over my character's head, since i can easily keep track of it without having to move my focus away from the surroundings. This is especially handy when im in combat btw.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those are all of em for now, but i will keep updating this thread if anything else comes up to mind.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Teo_Strife; 3rd Jun 2015 at 15:55.

1) Kill streak announcing.
    It already displays on the screen.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    It already displays on the screen.
    I meant of an audible announcement.

Originally Posted by Teo_Strife
    I meant of an audible announcement.
    It already displays on the screen so that would serve no purpose. And it would generally mess with the atmosphere.

And why are you multitasking on unrelated things while in a match? Play the game.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 29th May 2015 at 20:18.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    It already displays on the screen so that would serve no purpose. And it would generally mess with the atmosphere.

And why are you multitasking on unrelated things while in a match? Play the game.
    But.. I am playing the game...! on my own pace tho

But.. I am playing the game...! on my own pace tho
    If you want to play at your own pace, play a single-player game. That isn't how multiplayer works.

(Note: Journey's 'multiplayer' works like that. Play Journey.)

I think you are just being negative for the sake of being negative.

I think you are just being negative for the sake of being negative.
    I think that's a line trotted out by people who can't handle that the world is more than rainbow-coated kittens. So I guess we're even. Look here: This is a competitive, fairly fast-paced game. So you don't get to play at your own pace and you don't get to multitask. Divided attention will only hinder your team. Focus on the game or don't play.

That isn't "being negative for the sake of being negative". That's the reality of the situation.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    I think that's a line trotted out by people who can't handle that the world is more than rainbow-coated kittens. So I guess we're even. Look here: This is a competitive, fairly fast-paced game. So you don't get to play at your own pace and you don't get to multitask. Divided attention will only hinder your team. Focus on the game or don't play.

That isn't "being negative for the sake of being negative". That's the reality of the situation.
    How about you get off my back, hmm?
    i made some suggestions which i personally think will improve the overall game experience for me, and im pretty sure it would too for other ppl as well. If you dont happen to agree to any of em that's fine but that doesnt mean i will not make the suggestions anyway.
    Also, if someone has to shoot these suggestions down, that would be a dev.

Honestly, an option to toggle auto-run would be welcome to me. It would mean that was one-less button I had to keep held down since I'm almost constantly in a state of running. Maybe when you have it toggled, if you want to walk, you press the shift key to walk instead of run? That suggestion isn't a bad one at all.

Originally Posted by KaininitePriestess
    Honestly, an option to toggle auto-run would be welcome to me. It would mean that was one-less button I had to keep held down since I'm almost constantly in a state of running. Maybe when you have it toggled, if you want to walk, you press the shift key to walk instead of run? That suggestion isn't a bad one at all.
    Exactly. Thank you...!

YW. It's just something I've kind of wanted for a while, now. I spend 98% of my time in games with my finger firmly planted on that shift key, so it would be cool to not have to do that.

Greetings,
    4)Dodge roll should actually grant a split second immunity from auto attacks. As far as i understand at the moment it just relocates you without actually protecting you. and when Vampires can cover the dodge distance with a single mouse click i think it really defeats the purpose of dodging.
    Thank you!
    Dont dodge roll in a fight, its not a kiting mechanic, its a dodge mechanic used for dodging abilities, not meele swings, circle strafe the vampire (randomly) to throw off their aim, when they miss an attack, roll away from them

1) Nah, too much "CoD" in my opinion, and it takes out much of the few immersion the game gives right now.

2) Well, yeah, can be a feature.

3) It's a gameplay mechanic too add some realism. I'm a good archer for sport, and I can surely tell you that when you are focused on the target it's difficult to have awarness of what you happens around you.

4) Useful. Human's dodge is quite useless, helps sometimes with the various granades and magic attacks, but in close quarters it's no use. Maybe it's connected to the "a human can't outrun a vampire", so probably this will not be a future feature.

5) Just press "C"

6) That would be awesome.

Remember to advertise the game to your friends. See the other 3d's about player base

(click image to enlarge)

1) Kill streak announcing.

2) Auto run function with the option to set a keybind for it. You might be wondering why would i want this, and i would not blame you for asking. im a multitasker, and even if i can auto run towards a direction for 3 secs its enough for me to micromanage other things.

3)Camera for Scout class while drawing his bow becomes very annoying. The field of view narrows down ALOT which is acceptable to a degree, but almost the left half of the screen is filled with the scout's arm and bow... So essentially,add some Camera options in general.

4)Dodge roll should actually grant a split second immunity from auto attacks. As far as i understand at the moment it just relocates you without actually protecting you. and when Vampires can cover the dodge distance with a single mouse click i think it really defeats the purpose of dodging.

5) In game minimap zoom levels, and minimap rotation options. I personally would love to see the whole map while playing since it gives me a better understanding about my teammates positions.

6) Reconnect function.
    1] no, this isn't Unreal Tournament, if it was i wouldn't be playing it. the audible kill streaks are EXTREMELY annoying. and as the moderator said, it shows you visibly.

2] this is an FPS game, not an MMORPG. holding down shift to run is all apart of circumstance and whether you live or die as a human. this has been the case of every FPS i've ever played except most are used as a temporary sprint, Nosgoth uses a continual sprint to balance it with the vampires who would otherwise easily catch them. by binding the sprint with an autorun would clearly give an advantage to humans. besides, in a competitive pvp game you should be paying attention to whats happening, not lackadaisically eating or multitasking while sprinting.

3] this one i agree with. when in a corner and drawing your bow, the scout's body takes up half the screen and i can't see anything because of the 3rd person perspective. when drawing it should zoom in to the reticule to make it more of a 1st person perspective momentarily.

4] dodging is for dodging special attacks not manual ones, otherwise it would be overpowered.

5] minimap options would be helpful.

6] reconnecting would also help as i've heard this complaint many times.

Originally Posted by Caimber
    1] no, this isn't Unreal Tournament, if it was i wouldn't be playing it. the audible kill streaks are EXTREMELY annoying. and as the moderator said, it shows you visibly.

2] this is an FPS game, not an MMORPG. holding down shift to run is all apart of circumstance and whether you live or die as a human. this has been the case of every FPS i've ever played except most are used as a temporary sprint, Nosgoth uses a continual sprint to balance it with the vampires who would otherwise easily catch them. by binding the sprint with an autorun would clearly give an advantage to humans. besides, in a competitive pvp game you should be paying attention to whats happening, not lackadaisically eating or multitasking while sprinting.
    1) The option to turn it on or off should be there in case u find it annoying.

2) Why would you connect the auto run feature with the mmorpg game genre? Its a feature that could work in any game that you control "anything" that has to move in a straight line for any period of time. And when the game decides to spawn you in the complete opposite side from where the fight is currently going on , yeah i would use the auto run button instead of holding W for the duration. Frankly , its a preference of control that some players want and some do not feel they need.

Originally Posted by LorenCole
    1)
    5) Just press "C"
    Yeah i meant without blocking my view at the same time... I was talking about minimap. the one on the right corner.
    I would really like the option to zoom out on it so it covers up the whole map at the same time instead of just the sector you are in at the moment. Sometimes the game decides to spawn you literally on the other side of the map, and when u try to locate your team members they just appear as dots on the boarder of the minimap since you are not close enough to indicate them on their real location.
    Thats my issue with it.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 1st Jun 2015 at 22:09. Reason: double posting - please use the 'edit' function or multi-quote

1) I don't see a problem with toggleable self-playing audible kill streaks, but integrating them server wide or whatever by default, as someone else said, would destroy the immersion for most people.

2) I feel like, if we're going to add auto-run toggling, we might as well have it on all the time. When are you moving forward as a human that you'd not perfer to be running? The only exception would be zoomed it or shooting or using a CD or dodging, and these things already interrupt running. It's not like we can sprint sideways and backwards, might as well just make moving forward default to sprinting/running/whatever I suppose.

3) I believe this is intended, to add a risk/reward factor to it. The same essentially applies to real life snipers where if they spend too much time down scope they're far more susceptible to near-by enemies. I see no problem with it personally, though it is annoying to have your elbow taking up a huge portion of an already shrinked FoV. I could go either way on this. Maybe even smaller FoV but no obnoxious elbow/glowy bow in your way?

4) I believe this is intended too. Humans should be easy to catch, but that doesn't mean dodge is useless. You just have to use it in ways that aren't so straight forward as randomly rolling away from your opponent. Dodges already kind of do this to Tyrant's charge which is frankly idiotic. Charging through someones whole body but missing because they're in a roll animation is annoying as hell. :P

5. Certainly agree we need A LOT more hud customization options, and by that I mean any!

6. Necessary.

7. It's a part of the game that it is this way. I could see some for fun attack-and-defend game mode with some objectives setup like this, but that's far off because there isn't a playerbase to support yet another game mode.
    Last edited by Equanimityjohn; 2nd Jun 2015 at 05:36.

Originally Posted by Equanimityjohn
    2) I feel like, if we're going to add auto-run toggling, we might as well have it on all the time. When are you moving forward as a human that you'd not perfer to be running? The only exception would be zoomed it or shooting or using a CD or dodging, and these things already interrupt running. It's not like we can sprint sideways and backwards, might as well just make moving forward default to sprinting/running/whatever I suppose.

3) I believe this is intended, to add a risk/reward factor to it. The same essentially applies to real life snipers where if they spend too much time down scope they're far more susceptible to near-by enemies. I see no problem with it personally, though it is annoying to have your elbow taking up a huge portion of an already shrinked FoV. I could go either way on this. Maybe even smaller FoV but no obnoxious elbow/glowy bow in your way?

4) I believe this is intended too. Humans should be easy to catch, but that doesn't mean dodge is useless. You just have to use it in ways that aren't so straight forward as randomly rolling away from your opponent. Dodges already kind of do this to Tyrant's charge which is frankly idiotic. Charging through someones whole body but missing because they're in a roll animation is annoying as hell. :P

7. It's a part of the game that it is this way. I could see some for fun attack-and-defend game mode with some objectives setup like this, but that's far off because there isn't a playerbase to support yet another game mode.
    2) When i said about auto run , i did not mean auto -sprint. i meant that i'd like to be able to set a keybinding so when i would press it my character would run ( or sprint if i am holding sprint down) without me having to also have W pressed for the whole time. I think we get the different speed levels as humans ( sprinting - running )because in some cases could create a juking mechanic for certain vamp classes, like sentinel and his kidnap. Which im fine with.

3) im down with having a very small FoV while focusing my shots. that's realistic and i actually like it. my issue is that if u combine that small FoV along with the amount of screen space that scout's arm and bow take while focusing (ESPECIALLY while in a corner) u are almost blind.

4) I guess i need to figure it out then...

7) Yeah i know that being on both sides in a match is a part of the game at the moment, but i have found a lot of players requesting a mode in which you will be able to pick your side instead of playing in both. Now if that's too much for the devs budget-wise that's another story which i cannot comment on.

Oh, see, I don't want the ability to not have to hold "W" to run, I just want the ability to not have to pretzel my fingers holding shift + W + Q + F. The "auto run" feature like you're talking of would honestly just be more unwieldy and get you killed more then it would help you. Trust me on this.

Oh, see, I don't want the ability to not have to hold "W" to run, I just want the ability to not have to pretzel my fingers holding shift + W + Q + F. The "auto run" feature like you're talking of would honestly just be more unwieldy and get you killed more then it would help you. Trust me on this.
    Change your layout then? I hated to use the shift key before but then I discovered the superiority of ESDF.. :P

You could try YGHJ, with dodge on Space and sprint on Alt Gr and abilities on X, C and V. Not used it myself (I use a gamepad), but it looks like it would be a good one to try because there are two buttons you can easily reach with your thumb and at least two with your little finger.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

How about this:
    If you hit shift without 'w' you sprint permanently until you hit shift again or any of the movement keys.
    If you press w with shift it makes you sprint normally as it already is.
    an option to toggle this off should be in the menu of course.
    Most of the players are not such multitaskers as OP, but for getting over half of the map if you spawned in a bad spot a permasprint would make sense.
    Otherwise there is the system I know mainly from borderlands, where you can toggle sprint on and off by hitting shift once but leaves you still having to press w. I like this one too, but it would definitely need a disable option in the menu because the combination w + shift is used too frequently, instead of my first suggestion.

Originally Posted by Johnson2044
    How about this:
    If you hit shift without 'w' you sprint permanently until you hit shift again or any of the movement keys.
    If you press w with shift it makes you sprint normally as it already is.
    an option to toggle this off should be in the menu of course.
    Most of the players are not such multitaskers as OP, but for getting over half of the map if you spawned in a bad spot a permasprint would make sense.
    Otherwise there is the system I know mainly from borderlands, where you can toggle sprint on and off by hitting shift once but leaves you still having to press w. I like this one too, but it would definitely need a disable option in the menu because the combination w + shift is used too frequently, instead of my first suggestion.
    Yeah that, or any variation of the solution you suggest. Honestly any kind of option for this matter would be welcome.

Yes having to have 2 keys pressed at the same time just to sprint is not very appreciated by me either. Also about your comment about auto run would get me killed... do u know how many times have i spawned in the opposite corner of the map, from where the action is?
    And as a vamp thats not too much of a problem since these dudes can parkour anything in their way, but as a human navigating back there is a pain for me.

I have one of those old ergonomic split keyboards, so the wasd placement is fine, it's just the having to hold down two keys to run at the same time thing is annoying.

And having the computer just keep running on it's own without you telling it to move is seriously not good. I've had it cause trouble in games were it *is* a thing that can be done. You need to be able to think on the fly and changes things instantaneously. Having the computer be in charge of where and when you move would be just a bad idea. :/

I don't mind holding down a button to move, it's just having to hold down two buttons at the same time that gets me, 'cause I run 99% of the time.

And having the computer just keep running on it's own without you telling it to move is seriously not good. I've had it cause trouble in games were it *is* a thing that can be done. You need to be able to think on the fly and changes things instantaneously. Having the computer be in charge of where and when you move would be just a bad idea. :/
    It would not be like giving up control to your computer lol... more like an autopilot for the long distance runs, which you can turn off - intervene anytime you want. Plus if it doesnt work for u just dont use it :P
    Me, on the other hand i would use that feature alot.
    Last edited by Teo_Strife; 5th Jun 2015 at 05:17.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last