Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Human Respawns

Human Respawns

Human Respawns

I know Psyonix got other problems atm, but since the Human respawns have been a problem for a long time already.

I want to use my most ridiculous respawn (so far), to point out that it is still a gigantic problem.

As you can see me and my teammate spawned directly into an enrage Tyrant Shockwave + Senti Nade and Puncture causing insta death^^
    signature image

This works both ways too. A human can suddenly get reinforcements they don't deserve and end up living while their would be killer dies.

Yep already been and saw both situations..

Another point to mention here is that my death state was ways to short (6-7 sec)..
    signature image

I totally agree that human respawns are silly and broken with how they respawn on eachother sometimes. I'm not entirely sure of a fix, but I think wave respawns, the removal of spawning on allies or the tightening up of its restrictions, and/or the selective ability to spawn on particular allies if they're out of combat (similar to the Battlefield series) could all work to help balance human respawns in a way.

Another thing about human respawns: Recently humans can spawn in places unreachable, such as on top of the long L shaped roof above the market area in Valeholm. I've done this a few times already. I worry that this may/could happen in an ESL match and shift the game in one teams favor unfairly. A hunter on a roof like that is nothing to gawk at.

How about splitting the map down the middle into four quadrants, then set it so the vampires respawn in the quadrant with the fewest humans present and let the humans respawn in the quadrant with the fewest vampires present?

one human dies ~ 20 seconds before the last human dies, the first human who died went for his last teammate alive, because he is at full health and it looks like he could survive with some help ... well 10 seconds later he's dead, but your other 2 teammates spawned on you and now you can kill the already wounded vampires that tried to grab a body and eat ...

I like those suggestions:
    I'm not entirely sure of a fix, but I think wave respawns, the removal of spawning on allies or the tightening up of its restrictions
    maybe wave respawn after 20 seconds after the first guy died? (with the option to w8 for the full squad^^ and dont force respawn )

or

- only full team respawns
    - auto heal for everyone after one team respawned
    - no healing on stations ( Off-Topic: station heals are OP as btw)
    - humans heal poke dmg like vamps do
    signature imagesignature imagesignature image
    GTX 970 - i7-3770 - 16 GB RAM - 1920x1080, 120 Hz - Windows 7 Prof.

I'm pretty sure this is just a case of the "is player incombat" check being broken. Because clearly it's spawning you on people in combat.

Did player deal or take damage in the last 10 seconds? If he did he's in combat.

I'm getting this more since the last update. Tonight I respawned in the middle of an abyssal bolt & got whacked by 3 vamps within like 2 seconds.
    Orange liches from Blood Omen in Nosgoth asap pls

Yes, I mean the sole problem of humans spawning on ROOFS is ridiculous.
    Yesterday I spawned as a Hunter on the roof at Provance (the one in the back for grappling hook). I killed (with help of scout at bridge) 5 vamps that tried to get me off from there...
    In the end I had to jump down because my ammo was empty...

The same goes for Vamps eating after a fight, it is nearly impossible to finish eating, if the whole Human team is already back befor u finished eating.

I once (yesterday or 2 days ago) killed a Reaver that killed me befor and was eating my body.. because I spawned directly on him..
    (Because my Teammate was running already in his direction)

This needs fixes... it is so frustrating..
    signature image

Originally Posted by Shikei001
    Yes, I mean the sole problem of humans spawning on ROOFS is ridiculous.
    Yesterday I spawned as a Hunter on the roof at Provance (the one in the back for grappling hook). I killed (with help of scout at bridge) 5 vamps that tried to get me off from there...
    In the end I had to jump down because my ammo was empty...

The same goes for Vamps eating after a fight, it is nearly impossible to finish eating, if the whole Human team is already back befor u finished eating.

I once (yesterday or 2 days ago) killed a Reaver that killed me befor and was eating my body.. because I spawned directly on him..
    (Because my Teammate was running already in his direction)

This needs fixes... it is so frustrating..
    Both of these things are huge problems, and the second one is a long standing issue that is particularly ridiculous.

The fact that you can spawn on human teammates who are near where you died after the team full wiped, systematically (as these battles usually go), and then assist in preventing the person who killed you from being able to even heal is a big problem.

I think removing the ability to respawn on teammates at all, and instead prioritize a quasi-quadrant-based system like GenFeelGood mentioned, would help to balance the game immensely. I would think something like humans will spawn as they do now, initially, if in combat, practically on the other side of the map and from that point on humans are forced to spawn there until a full cycle of respawns (at least once, if not just once, for each team member) based on a very extended "in combat" detection system for the team in general, not just individual players, is met. After that it is 'rinse and repeat'.

This wouldn't prevent the "first person to die" in an engagement from being able to return to a fight if the engagement is particularly prolonged or if they feel they have a window to punish the weakened vampire team, but it would however discourage this because they cannot expect their whole team to spawn in on them while they do so. It makes the idea of running immediately back in to combat from across the entire map more of a gamble and less of something that everyone does because of the funky spawn mechanics and timings currently in the game.
    Last edited by Equanimityjohn; 1st Jun 2015 at 03:53.

I'll make sure these are raised again with the team, thanks for sharing the detail, guys!
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    I'll make sure these are raised again with the team, thanks for sharing the detail, guys!
    Thank you for keeping track of all the threads and posts, and passing on to the rest of the team ;3
    I hope the team members assigned to this problem have a look at this thread too, some ideas written here are great and could safe some time
    signature image

It looks like we've got some fixes/adjustments going in with the next update. I'll post once we can confirm when that patch will hit, bear with me.

It looks like we've got some fixes/adjustments going in with the next update. I'll post once we can confirm when that patch will hit, bear with me.
    That sounds very promising I'm glad to hear that progress is been made

Thank you very much Cat and those who worked on the fixes and adjustments
    signature image

Humans aren't the only ones with spawn issues. Yesterday on the vampire side, all of my team spawned inside of each other at the start of the match. I thought this had already been fixed.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

The update is out now and includes a fix for Human spawns:

"Fixed various spawning issues including humans sometimes spawning on rooftops"

The update is out now and includes a fix for Human spawns:

"Fixed various spawning issues including humans sometimes spawning on rooftops"
    After two days of testing I can confirm that the human spawns have become way better.

BUT sometimes the problem of spawns during a fight still occurs !
    Just today I had a Prohet spawn directly next to me while I had a 1on1 against a Scout^^
    (Of course I got hex shoted and killed^^)
    Additionally I saw today a teammate on the human side spawn next to me while I was fighting a Deceiver + Tyrant, spreading first Infect and then death to him xD

Edit:
    Sometimes the human respawns seem still a bit to quick... I had a match in which a Tyrant killed me ate my corpse, I shot him at the moment he finished and he killed me again xDD (I think this should not happen either^^)

[Yes I know I die a lot xDDDD]

tl;tr

This problem still consists !
    signature image

I would like to add something, humans respawn time isn't stable, sometimes it takes 11 - 12 seconds to spawn and sometimes it only takes 2 seconds... I didn't noticed that as vampires.

Originally Posted by Screwby-Dew
    I would like to add something, humans respawn time isn't stable, sometimes it takes 11 - 12 seconds to spawn and sometimes it only takes 2 seconds... I didn't noticed that as vampires.
    No, I'm pretty sure it happens on both sides.
    The timer is completely inconsistent, which makes me wonder:
    Do we already have a wave-spawn system?

Secondly, and more importantly imho:
    Spawning on teammates needs a rework.
    I think the problems with it are:
    1) The timer needs to be increased (idk what it is atm, 10s out of ight, or maybe even less)
    2) It feels like the determiner for "out-of-fight" is the player taking damage, but it really should be both taking and dealing damage!
    That way, when the last player is still alive, was maybe able to hide for 10s in a shed somewhere and then comes out spraying the vampires while healing, he is not rewarded for that cowardly behaviour with an instant team backup-spawn.
    3) Maybe also take close-by enemies into the formula.
    We have had instances of spawning into an Air Strike/Infect/Charge combo, that kills you instantly after spawning.

Just a little update of the human respawns, this video was recorded yesterday (4th of July 2015).

Conclusion: Human respawn problems still persists^^
    signature image

Originally Posted by Shikei001

Conclusion: RESPAWN problems still persists^^
    It is still messed up for both humans and vampires, you can barely heal at the moment. Please fix this, it's really annoying.
    Respawn time is still inconsistent.
    Last edited by Screwby-Dew; 5th Jul 2015 at 12:43.

I feel like this thread needs a bump.

Originally Posted by Screwby-Dew
    I feel like this thread needs a bump.
    Agreed. Humans still spawn on teammates in/near a fight far too often.

Happened with me 1-2 times when someone spawned right in middle of fight...
    For me another important problem is spawn point after death when part of your team still alive - sometimes you got spawned in other corner of map and no way you can help them fast, sometimes you spawn very close and need only 5 seconds to return in battle. Not sure, if it's problem with some maps or with whole spawn system.

A great problem is also the spawn time, it is so inconsistend...
    Sometimes I have a death screen time of 8-10 seconds...
    Sometimes just 3-5...

It is not uncommon that someone wants to change his class/skills but spaws before he finished picking...
    I still think there should be a specific death state time 8-10 seconds seems resonable (for both humans and vamps)...
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 Last