Thread: (ep3 spoilers) David's Gun

(ep3 spoilers) David's Gun

i want to talk about this because, it was an option in EP2 whether you try to shoot frank (chloe has the gun) OR not try to shoot frank, which was my pick. (frank has the gun) in both cases we know that that IS David's gun that chloe stole..... in EP3 you can see chloe havng the gun its no problem, BUT if you chose like me then if you search that RV you can ALSO decide to give that gun back to chloe... i didnt. and i was among the 30% who did not give chloe that gun back for the second time... why? its messing with me. the only reason i did not give that gun back was because i care about her, chloe would not be safe with a gun considering how emotional she can be, i dont want her to do something she will regret, but yet again MAYBE it will help her? maybe if i am not around to rewind and save her, that gun can save her? i dont know if i should ignore what i believe in whats the best for her just for the assumption that she MAY need it when i am not around. but why give me that option TWICE if wit will not effect something in EP4? plus we can see from the promo pics that someone will have a gun. and its not the one that chloe stole from david... so it made me worry. what you guys think of this? should i give her that gun back? i wont change my decision but i will make a 2nd playthrough changing just that... and what you guys ended up with regarding the gun? would love to hear some input.

I also think this gun is becoming a major story changer in the future episodes otherwise they wouldn't let us decide twice.
    I mean this is the first decision we are able to change without rewinding, as far as I know.

There is no right or wrong in my opinion yet, it's basically a game of hazard.
    Chloe seems to be pretty unstable if it comes to emotions.
    Frank on the other hand is a drug dealer and can become very violent.
    I don't know who is more likely to kill the wrong person with this gun but it may decide about Chloe's life in the end.

Personally, I also intuitionally chose not to give Chloe the gun back. Let's hope this was the right decision
    signature image

I understand the concern. Max's comments about decisions are meant to cause doubt but we won't really know how things will play out until they do. I for one trust Chloe more than I trust Frank so I'm sticking with my decision, for now.

It's obvious that Chloe shouldn't have a gun, but I still let her keep it. Because of Frank and because I hoped the gun would eventually be returned to the step-douche.

I think it will probably be like the end of Episode 2 where the decisions you make have different outcomes depending on what you did previously. Like it doesn't necessarily mean something bad will happen but that certain paths have more dire consequences depending on who has the gun. For instance, Frank might not be inclined to actually use the gun unless you hurt poor Pompidou in this episode.

I trust Frank more than blue-haired Chloe. But Frank seems to hate Max somehow. Maybe he was insulted because she was wearing Rachel's clothes.

You trust a drug dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by WazzuMan View Post
    You trust a drug dealer?
    Just because he dealt with Chloe doesn't mean he does that for a living.
    Besides, I live in Holland, where drugs are legalized. So yes, I do trust Frank.
    The main reason I trust him more than Chloe is because Chloe is mentally instable (emotional roller coaster),
    while Frank is calm and cool naturally. He also knows much more about Rachel than we.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvare View Post
    while Frank is calm and cool naturally
    Well he tried to hurt or even kill Max if she spills soda on him.
    Not particularly what I consider calm

On the other hand he seemed to really love Rachel and his dog, which makes me believe he isn't as bad as he seems.
    Last edited by Wambo_is_Strange; 24th May 2015 at 13:04.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Wambo_is_Strange View Post
    I also think this gun is becoming a major story changer in the future episodes otherwise they wouldn't let us decide twice.
    I mean this is the first decision we are able to change without rewinding, as far as I know.

There is no right or wrong in my opinion yet, it's basically a game of hazard.
    Chloe seems to be pretty unstable if it comes to emotions.
    Frank on the other hand is a drug dealer and can become very violent.
    I don't know who is more likely to kill the wrong person with this gun but it may decide about Chloe's life in the end.

Personally, I also intuitionally chose not to give Chloe the gun back. Let's hope this was the right decision

me too.. i hope we made the right choice this is the ONLY option i am not sure about moving forward, simply because they game that option twice. and i made the same decision twice. i hope max can return and be with chloe. because max will make sure nothing bad happens to her ...

Well he tried to hurt or even kill Max if she spills soda on him.
    Not particularly what I consider calm

On the other hand he seemed to really love Rachel and his dog, which makes me believe he isn't as bad as he seems.

i think he wants a better life.. hence the ''internet successes'' flayer.. so maybe he wanted to clean his slate and get all the money he can to do so? and maybe the money chloe took from him was among other peoples who owed him also? idk what to think of frank but he isnt our typical drug dealer.. he has a soft side. that he only shows to rachel and his dog.. what makes me worry is that side of him is long gone since rachel left. and possibly if you killed his dog! so yes, he isnt that bad, but he will be considering you aint rachel or his dog... thats what makes me worry a bit about chloe not having the gun.. i dont think he has any problem shooting her if max is not around to save her..

Quote Originally Posted by Mercyva20x2 View Post
    they game that option twice. and i made the same decision twice.
    Tbh the gun choice appears twice but they are different ones. The first one is whether to shoot or not... altho it's logical that if you try and shoot, yes you wish to make use of it and keep it...

I gave the gun back to Chloe, but now I only hope it will be returned to David.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercyva20x2 View Post
    thats what makes me worry a bit about chloe not having the gun.. i dont think he has any problem shooting her if max is not around to save her..
    I think he does as long as you don't harm his dog because just imagine if he would get arrested for murder.
    They probably would take Pompidou away and put him in an animal shelter.

He was shattered by Rachel's disappearance, just like Chloe and seems to want to get out of this.
    Chloe and Frank have a lot in common anyway.
    Both of them love Rachel, want to get out of AB, don't care a lot for consequences and both of them would probably freak out if they loose their last ally being Pompidou and Max.
    Pompidou seems to calm Frank down just as Max does to Chloe.

I think Chloe is a lot more unstable if it comes to emotions but less violent than Frank.
    As long as Frank has his dog, I rather let the gun to him to be honest.
    signature image

I think he does as long as you don't harm his dog because just imagine if he would get arrested for murder.
    They probably would take Pompidou away and put him in an animal shelter.

He was shattered by Rachel's disappearance, just like Chloe and seems to want to get out of this.
    Chloe and Frank have a lot in common anyway.
    Both of them love Rachel, want to get out of AB, don't care a lot for consequences and both of them would probably freak out if they loose their last ally being Pompidou and Max.
    Pompidou seems to calm Frank down just as Max does to Chloe.

I think Chloe is a lot more unstable if it comes to emotions but less violent than Frank.
    As long as Frank has his dog, I rather let the gun to him to be honest.
    Oh. Umm... Oops. I didn't know he loves his dog so much while my first playthrough... It was just some angry, scary, dangerous dog for me. So, now I'm glad Chloe has the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Oh. Umm... Oops. I didn't know he loves his dog so much while my first playthrough... It was just some angry, scary, dangerous dog for me. So, now I'm glad Chloe has the gun.
    You should definitley listen to the story of how he got Pompidou. The policeman at the diner tells you while trying to get the RV keys.
    Then there also was the scene at the Beach from the final cutscene of episode 2.
    Showing Frank pet Pompidou and watching the sunset while being buried in thought.
    signature image

I listened to the story, but in the second playthrough and I don't want to change these big decisions.

No need for that but it's just nice to learn all about the characters.
    My main savegame (which I'll finish the story with first) is also just based on my first decisions without restarts etc.
    I try other decisions after I went through a episode on a different savegame though
    signature image

By the way, when you got out of Frank's trailer, did the dog do something to you? Like force Chloe to drop the keys or something? Because in my playthrough, Chloe threw the keys on the building so Frank will never be able to reach them.

Nope the dog didn't do anything after I left the RV.
    I think he barks at Chloe's car as soon as they drive away but nothing besides.
    signature image

I felt much the same way as several others here - I don't trust Chloe with the gun, but I also don't trust Frank with the gun (I kind of don't even trust David with the gun, to tell you the truth, it's just that he's got so many guns that one more won't make him any more dangerous), so I let myself be guided by personal loyalty and handed the stupid thing back.

The pooch is alive and well in both my playthroughs, though. Along with something like 90% of all players, I just couldn't hurt a dog, not even a big, scary one. And anyway, he's probably not as bad as all that. One picture showed that he let Rachel snuggle him, so probably he's a good dog once you get to know him, he's just trained to keep strangers away from Frank's stuff.