Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: What'd you guys think of Hope?

What'd you guys think of Hope?

I felt like he was just used to fill in plot holes...in the first game I would have never pictured him becoming, just about, the leader of the world and saving humanity. The contrast in character between the games is too great to be believable. It could just be that I despised Alyssa and she was always there with Hope but...I don't know. We can only hope he makes a comeback in 13-3 as a playable character with a better role in the plot.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

Yeah I was really disappointed about his lack of backstory (and dare I mention personality?)...having Alyssa clinging to him like some monkey didn't help either. Seriously, did they even try to make us sympathetic to her? If I could've walked past the graveyard, I definitely would've left her hanging.

Missions...I still have a good handful to go in terms of 5-starring, but I never considered wholly switching my battle team. Most marks are accompanined by their little henchmen, but the later ones, I'll try with Vanille in the mix (in a pinch, I use Hope as a Sab as well since Fang's magic isn't too impressive). Lightning's fitted with the boost synthesis group and it's hard to resist the urge of spamming her Army of One

I liked Hope in both games but agree, his depiction in XIII-2 was just too stiff and professional. He was most interesting during those moments when he was wistful and longing for the past. I guess it would make sense that maybe he built up a shell around himself after losing everyone, but I would have liked to see a bit more of his human side (and less of Alyssa too, ofc). A lot of stuff with his part of the story didn't really make sense either (how is he still relevant 490 years later? shouldn't the technology/Academy have long since moved beyond him?) but what the hell, a lot of stuff was pretty wtf about XIII-2 and I enjoyed it anyway. :-P

^ *nods in agreement* I know it's practically inevitable, but there were lots of strong puns on his name and Light's in the same sentence, so I'm hoping that it was some kind of foreshadowing and he'll have a bigger chunk in the next installment.

When I first saw Hope in XIII-2 I was like O.O *jawdrop*. I liked his kid self, and he didn't really annoy me because I understood what he was coming from, having lost his mother and all. He was just always trying to watch out for himself and cling to people to take over that motherly figure that he needed. When I saw him in XIII-2 I was like omg. I didn't expect to see him that much older, and his personality was way more professional. I would've liked to see more of what Hope had really become if you put aside his job.I never really expected him to go that far, since he seemed really successful, due to the fact that I thought he would've let his past get in the way. After a while, Alyssa started getting on my nerves a bit due to the fact that she was a little too clingy. But I liked both versions of Hope, and I thought it was cool that we got to see the professional, older *and cute ^_^' hehe* sides of Hope haha

Well I found him annoying in FF XIII because he wouldn't stop talking about his mom. In FF XIII 2 I had mixed feeling because I couldn't get the annoying kid out of my head when looking at him.

Originally Posted by LightningFarr0n
    When I first saw Hope in XIII-2 I was like O.O *jawdrop*. I liked his kid self, and he didn't really annoy me because I understood what he was coming from, having lost his mother and all. He was just always trying to watch out for himself and cling to people to take over that motherly figure that he needed. When I saw him in XIII-2 I was like omg. I didn't expect to see him that much older, and his personality was way more professional. I would've liked to see more of what Hope had really become if you put aside his job.I never really expected him to go that far, since he seemed really successful, due to the fact that I thought he would've let his past get in the way. After a while, Alyssa started getting on my nerves a bit due to the fact that she was a little too clingy. But I liked both versions of Hope, and I thought it was cool that we got to see the professional, older *and cute ^_^' hehe* sides of Hope haha

YOU knowing where someone is coming from?? hahaha!! oh boy i don't know if i should say "im touched" or that's complete and utter bullcrap coming from you.

I liked grownup Hope better than weak little crybaby Hope. I also think he would make a much better partner for Serah than Snow.

in my opinion i like older hope but younger hope is how i say a complete *** for quite a bit of the game. the reason why i like older hope is that he has so much more personality then younger hope did he looked a lot cooler then younger hope and was quite calm and collected from the time he was in XII-2 which made me respect him more as a character and as an individual. now younger hope is something else i kind of felt sorry for him after his mother died but he winey annoying character who i could not stand to look at and even his face in the pause menu looks depressive and quite pale while the others have quite colored skin which i thought was wearied last thing is is that he was too clumsily and foolish for god sake he used a boomerang to kill robots and giant monsters its like using a bb-gun on godzilla it would not hurt anything in real life they should have gave him something better i would have rathered have gadot follow us rather then him he was quite cool especially his battle stance looks like a guerrilla getting ready to attack

Page 2 of 2 First First 12