Thread: Leavers Issue

Leavers Issue

  1. #51
    Originally Posted by MasterShuriko
    I can understand this but then we NEED a much better system that lets people into games that are already in motion
    I join most of my games in the middle. Today I managed to get into a match with about 40 seconds of second round left. 0 kills, 0 deaths, 0 damage. 0 experience. I'd say I wasted my time, but I got an item when it ended for some reason. Well, I still wasted my time.

    Kickvote could be easily abused/misused.

  2. #52
    Originally Posted by MasterShuriko
    I can understand this but then we NEED a much better system that lets people into games that are already in motion
    This appears to be fixed with the matchmaking improvements from yesterday's patch. I got into several active games today, and saw someone join quickly after another player dropped.

    Originally Posted by HereticSage
    Kickvote isn't as good as afk detection because the former can be abused, while the latter can't.
    I disagree, we need vote-kick. The other day there 2 vampires on my team who weren't afk, but refused to play (they would just run away and hide, claiming they were playing hide-n-seek.) The result was a 2v4. To be honest, I've played a lot of games with kick-vote, and it's never been a problem; players who wanted a fair game would gang up on the troll(s), and never the other way around.

    Regardless of whatever kicking solution is implemented, they should also add a warm-up + ready system, requiring players to click 'ready' before the official (scored) game starts. This would prevent afk-killers from skewing scores before any sort of kicking occurs, and give time for players with slower PCs to load.

    If a player refuses to ready up, they can be kicked in some way or another, and player(s) can still decide to quit while in warm-up mode (to avoid abandoning an active game.) Warm-up mode could persist until a sufficient number of players joined.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Novgrad, Rus
    Posts
    25
    Can't we start a Polls on this kind of things ?
    Kickvote in some games is the only method to get rid of the presence of troll or retard.
    Coil is still turning.
    signature image

  4. #54
    As much as I'd like a kick vote to get rid of AFKers I'm just as tired of coming into a match that is about to end and getting a 'loss' without ever firing a shot/slitting a throat. I have no investment in trying to recover another teams failure, regardless of the reasons behind that failure.
    As much as it might suck, instead of a vote to kick feature we might do better with an automated feature that not only detects AFK players, but also penalizes those who are deserting/refusing to participate properly. Such a system might be difficult to implement but I think it would be more effective than the 'honor system' that kick features seem to rely on.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    581
    As a Penalty for leaving midgame.Remove half the gold that player currently possesses? Add a timeout on said player so they cant rejoin another battleground?

    But incase its a disconnect issue lets create a re-connect option to the same battleground?

    (click image to enlarge)

  6. #56
    kick-vote ruins games, it makes people kick others at random for no reason. adding kick vote=the best way to make your game

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    70
    Kickvote is too much, just auto-kick a player when he stay afk for a short time (2 min? Mybe even 1).

  8. #58
    Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    they would just run away and hide, claiming they were playing hide-n-seek.
    So let them. They're not stopping you from playing or enjoying the game (unless you can only enjoy a game by winning, in which case you are a terribly joyless human being). I've played entire matches as a harmless Sentinel taxi, and they were all good sports about it.

    AFKers are a pain though. Just use a detection system to kick them, better than a vote. When you add in kickvoting, you invite all kinds of trolling and elitism BS.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Novgrad, Rus
    Posts
    25
    If you want to pretend that that auto-hotkey scripts does not exist, I have bad news for you. Time to create one is about 1 minute.
    Afk auto-kick timer is nothing ! Even kids can avoid it with the most primitive auto-clicker soft, afkers can literaly run into wall spamming attack and nobody will kick them, ever. I can't believe you are really that blind people.
    Its ridiculous to even think that exploiters will not use them, because many MMO have many hundreds of farmers (WoT, MWO, Hawken, War-Thunder) with exactly this soft.
    One man in Darkfall Unholy Wars made script that allow him sea-scraping(sail on a ship and collect most valuable resources) all night while he slept.
    Last edited by Angelos_Sanguinum; 16th Mar 2014 at 01:12.
    Coil is still turning.
    signature image

  10. #60
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    So let them. They're not stopping you from playing or enjoying the game (unless you can only enjoy a game by winning, in which case you are a terribly joyless human being).
    That's a terrible argument and a pathetic put-down. Quit trying to use shame as a weapon in your arguments.

    Originally Posted by Angelos_Sanguinum
    If you want to pretend that that auto-hotkey scripts does not exist, I have bad news for you. Time to create one is about 1 minute.
    Afk auto-kick timer is nothing ! Even kids can avoid it with the most primitive auto-clicker soft, afkers can literaly run into wall spamming attack and nobody will kick them, ever. I can't believe you are really that blind people.
    Its ridiculous to even think that exploiters will not use them, because many MMO have many hundreds of farmers (WoT, MWO, Hawken, War-Thunder) with exactly this soft.
    One man in Darkfall Unholy Wars made script that allow him sea-scraping(sail on a ship and collect most valuable resources) all night while he slept.
    This is what the report feature would be for...
    Last edited by HereticSage; 16th Mar 2014 at 01:58.

  11. #61
    Originally Posted by Ammellisan
    kick-vote ruins games, it makes people kick others at random for no reason. adding kick vote=the best way to make your game
    This is a very weak argument; since most games requires a majority vote for the kick to occur, I've never seen it succeed at random.

    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    So let them. They're not stopping you from playing or enjoying the game (unless you can only enjoy a game by winning, in which case you are a terribly joyless human being.)
    This makes no sense. The game is fun because it's a team game. It's suicide to launch an attack against decent humans without your teammates, and I don't find running away and/or rushing to a quick death particularly fun. If my teammates aren't playing, how do you expect the game to be fun, regardless of winning or losing?

  12. #62
    Well, for auto-kick, it should check for score per minute. If it's zero per two minutes, then kick... or something like that. So, unless someone's script gets lucky and they somehow manage to hit someone, no amount of running in to a wall is going to save them from being booted.

  13. #63
    Either way, they need to fix the afk problem quickly. I'd like a founders pack, but I'm not spending another penny on the game until that's been resolved.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Novgrad, Rus
    Posts
    25
    Originally Posted by HereticSage
    This is what the report feature would be for...
    Reports are different story. You will want to deal with exploiter before he ruined your game, not after.
    Coil is still turning.
    signature image

  15. #65

    Lightbulb In my humble opinion...

    Well, there are many good arguments here, some better than others. It is a common occurrence that a team loses a player, especially at the beginning of a match, which I can testify to - being kicked out by crashing at the beginning/end of a round/match quite often. However, for those who quit in a fit of rage because they think their team is not up to par with their Royal Highness, I believe that reporting such behavior is by far the best option, with severe punishment if proven so.

    As for those starting a match while in the bathroom, talking on the phone or what not and hence being a sitting duck I believe that the automated mechanics could deal with such players. A 30-45 second window would suffice. In that case, for it to be a fair fight, another player on the opposing team (of similar stats) could be temporarily disabled - in spectator mode, until another player fills the missing spot. I do like the "ready system" mentioned above, though. Re-connect is also a much needed option, allowing the player who crashed or disconnected a 1 minute window to get back on the team.

    Someone above mentioned getting in a match near it's end and stating a time "wasted", not wanting to bail a losing team or something, but the bottom line is that you can still get XP and gold, win or lose. Except if you're afraid you'll spoil your win/lose ratio. If so, an option could be added for players to choose to join new matches only i.e. not join ongoing matches.

    We are all different and entitled to like or dislike someone for whatever reason, like those mentioned above. If for whatever reason you run into such a player, you should be able to block them - so that the system recognizes that and never puts you on the same team, for as long as the person is blocked. This would relate to all undesirable player behavior.

    I also believe that many similar issues will be resolved by being able to choose your teammates, which I trust will be possible further down the line. So that you can play with friends and not worry about their performance as much.

    Just my two cents.
    signature image

  16. #66
    Though to be terribly honest, those legitimate life "excuses" do pop up...Like a hobo is banging your door and your wife is panicking, o r maybe the boss called and just fired you...etc. etc..
    In the end, Nosgoth is....*deep breathe* still just a game.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    2,091
    The proper response to "life excuses" is "brb, door" or "brb in a sec." It takes all of 2 seconds.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

  18. #68

    Leavers(Not what you may think)

    I know this has been discussed before and alot of people obviously feel there should be something to make people not want to leave like a temporary suspension from playing yada yada. But thats not what im talking about today.

    My main problem is that lately the only games i can get into are games that already started and had a leaver. And again, this isnt a bad thing. The problem arises when my team wins the round but i still get a loss because of what happened in the first round. Yesterday i went from 6 losses to 10 which isnt a huge deal. But i took pride in the fact that i had over 50 wins and only 6 losses. Why should i be punished for being forced to join a game that someone abandoned. Additionally, the only real reason people leave games in the first place is because theyre losing and the servers decide its a good idea to throw me in a game where i dont even know if its possible to win. When i join the game it doesnt even tell me if its round one or two or even the score from the first round if it is round two.

    My main point is that if i join a game in the second round and win that round, that shouldnt give me a loss because my team underperformed in a round that i had literally nothing to do with. I dont want to be penalized for not being there the first round. I think you should implement a system that your match begins from the moment you join the game. If you join in the second round towards the middle and help lead your team to victory, you should be awarded a big W because you won the portion of the game that you played.

    Your thoughts?

  19. #69
    There should be a punish/reward system for people leaving games and people sticking with games. Its in all games with matchmaking. I agree that the fact that you joined mid way should be taken in to account and should not count as a "full" win or loss but should go to a round win or loss and give you perhaps some extra gold bonus.

  20. #70
    Originally Posted by XJadeDragoonX
    I dont want to be penalized for not being there the first round. I think you should implement a system that your match begins from the moment you join the game. If you join in the second round towards the middle and help lead your team to victory, you should be awarded a big W because you won the portion of the game that you played.
    This all seems very silly. Enjoy the game instead of caring about W/L ratio.

    Although I would support a small gold or EXP bonus for people who joined late, just to make it more worthwhile for them to stay in game.

  21. #71
    Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    This all seems very silly. Enjoy the game instead of caring about W/L ratio.

    Although I would support a small gold or EXP bonus for people who joined late, just to make it more worthwhile for them to stay in game.
    yeah i guess you could say that. but people play games for different reasons. I have already played the game and enjoyed it. I played all the classes and figured out how i like to play. And now that iv learned and enjoyed the game, i want to win. you may not care about the win, but im sure other people on your team do. so it isnt necessarily fair to say dont just play for a win loss. When i play single player games, i take my time with it and enjoy the experience.When i play a multiplayer game, i play to win. Some people play for the K/D which i dont really care about. But i wouldnt say those people are being silly because they care about it. Everyone has their motivation for why they play certain games. But but ill just leave every game that i join in the second round because its not fair for me to win the portion of the game i played and still lose. Theres no incentive in it for me.

    A lot of games end with it being 4v3 because nobody wanted to join the game late and probably lose. At least give the people a reason to stay. 90 gold and some xp isnt worth it to a lot of people. If they win, give them a W

    And like I said, I'm all for punishing leavers. But I'll be damned if a day comes where I join a game in the second round and my team is losing 27-3 and if I leave I get punished. That would completely turn me off to the game altogether
    Last edited by XJadeDragoonX; 13th Apr 2014 at 15:19.

  22. #72
    The main issue I have with this, is the fact the game is in "Closed Beta" but more to the point it's in "Beta". Most studio will classify beta status in their own way, and pretty much every game development studio does it differently. I don't know how Psyonix or Square-enix define there beta status, but generally beta stands for external testing.

    With PC not having a set platform, every PC can be very different. I'm sure people will nerd-rage and leave the game, but what if the game crashes or even compatiblility issues and the user experience a hard-ware crash. When in closed beta this situation can be very common, hence why I would not expect code to be written to give out penalties, or code to provide a bonus for joinning in a game at mid-point.

    I'm sure something like this will be put in place, perhaps in Open Beta because at that point the game should be stable. But then in Open Beta, this is mainly to test the server to handle large volume of users, and network issue may cause users to disconnect in-game.

    As for your sugguestion, I'm worried that user will specfically search for games that are in mid-point. Why spend the time playing, when you can get EXP/Gold free. Also, what if a player leave the game or even crashes, to then rejoin the same game. Should he/she recieve a bonus?

  23. #73
    I have a confession to make. My name is Agile and I am a leaver. I left a single round because of really terrible team performance, however, I wrote an apology in chat before I left. But, more then 100 times, I had crashed from game. So, I understand that from another player's point of view I'm a leaver. I am sure for 99%, that when u just start the round and its already 3v4, they guys aint a leaver, he just crashed. The other thing I want to point out is that matchmaking today is almost all the time 'premade, teamspeaked team of high lvls' verus '1-2 high lvl and 2 complete newbies', who join TM instead of new recruit, because they can wait for game in that room for eternity. So when others leave it's not only their stupidity or cheapness, but lack of fun of the game from their perspective. So many times I wanted to leave in the situation when player of our team has crashed and we play 3v4, the other team don't even read the chat when I try to raeson with them or propose to wait for 4th. half of them are just schoolboys, who don't care about anything. we can't do anything about it, just continue to TEST the game and compete. Most of the problems about cheats\matchmaking\connections\unbalanced abilities will dissappear after the release. We should stop whining about our little inner problems and stop forgetting that we here to find a bug and report it. more bugs found today - less bugs found after release.

    Thx for your time

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lower Saxony, Germany
    Posts
    702
    And there are guys that are whining about low skilled players who aren't much talented. They are called names such as 'Troll'.
    Hello? Some Intelligence in here? It would be nice to see some except within the guys in my friendlist!
    Stop bullying less talented players! Behave! Be human!

    Just sayin'....
    signature image

  25. #75
    After carefully reviewing the attitudes and opinions given, I strongly believe that a single option could solve much of the distress some of you are having, and that is for players to choose not to join ongoing matches i.e. only join new matches.

    I've discussed the topic previously in more detail here, if anyone's interested.
    signature image

Page 3 of 22 First First 123456713 ... Last

Tags for this Thread