Page 22 of 22 First First ... 121819202122

Thread: Leavers Issue

Leavers Issue

  1. #526
    Originally Posted by Roy644
    That's the problem, those players are often the worst of all. They're the reason you lose in the first place and they leave because the game isn't going very well... So much irony. I'd be ok with their cowardice if it didn't affect me. plague... It really ruins a lot of matches and I don't see what could solve this problem.
    Don't get be wrong, I'm not very good at this type of game myself, but I'll usually stay until the match ends unless someone's giving me too much of a hard time or I'm so far out of my league that I can barely land a hit. In which case I'll take a break and try to regain my focus rather than go straight into another match where I'd be too stressed out to play well.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 22nd May 2015 at 18:08.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  2. #527
    Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Don't get be wrong, I'm not very good at this type of game myself, but I'll usually stay until the match ends unless someone's giving me too much of a hard time or I'm so far out of my league that I can barely land a hit. In which case I'll take a break and try to regain my focus rather than go straight into another match where I'd be too stressed out to play well.
    I completely understand that, but leaving should be a "desperate" measure when it's really useless for you to stay. It can happen and your team will be better off without you. Kinda sad though ^^

    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    The leaver penalty seems to be of very limited effectiveness, sadly...Though Nosgoth isn't exactly the most stable game ever either.
    What do you mean by "stable" ?
    Last edited by Bazielim; 22nd May 2015 at 18:10. Reason: double posting - please use the 'edit' function, thanks

  3. #528
    Originally Posted by Roy644
    I completely understand that, but leaving should be a "desperate" measure when it's really useless for you to stay. It can happen and your team will be better off without you. Kinda sad though ^^
    I agree with that. Those were examples of desperate measures and things rarely go that bad. I've been recommending some sort of quota where the penalty jumps to something like 10 mins or half an hour after a player has quit too many times.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  4. #529
    Originally Posted by Roy644
    What do you mean by "stable" ?
    Disconnects, crashes...

  5. #530
    Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I agree with that. Those were examples of desperate measures and things rarely go that bad. I've been recommending some sort of quota where the penalty jumps to something like 10 mins or half an hour after a player has quit too many times.
    That's not bad actually. Even though it would be better to base that kind of penalty on a report system. Some players can quit a game where everything is fine just because he HAS to quit or because his game crashed... Quitting not always means need to penalize the player. But in most cases it does

    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Disconnects, crashes...
    Oh yeah. One other thing I love, the game still crashes A LOT. And when I find myself crashing in the middle of a game with some friends, guess what ? The matchmaking is dumb and doesn't know you quit because of a crash. Locked out of matchmaking, can't re-join friends. Yeah \o/

Page 22 of 22 First First ... 121819202122

Tags for this Thread