Thread: Just completed episode 3 (spoilers)

Just completed episode 3 (spoilers)

Loved it. I have so much to think about and discuss regarding it. However, before then, I need to ask something. In Chloe's house downstairs I deleted the police message on the answerphone. However, when I checked on choices, it says I did not delete the message. Do I have to replay the game from that chapter in order to make the change and get it to stay?

The same happened to me. And yes, you have to replay the game from that chapter to change it.

I killed Lisa, so I have to replay even more

Most of us killed Lisa. I don't know plants, I didn't know I could "drown" them. I got most of the photos on my first go but again not all of them. I swore to myself one of these times I'd get them all before I finished the episode but I was a little pressed for time and I'd already wasted 10 minutes on that squirrel photo.

That ending though is going to stick with me for the next two months. Damn it, Max, I knew it was a bad idea but you wouldn't leave it alone. Still love her.

Quote Originally Posted by WazzuMan View Post
    Most of us killed Lisa. I don't know plants, I didn't know I could "drown" them. I got most of the photos on my first go but again not all of them. I swore to myself one of these times I'd get them all before I finished the episode but I was a little pressed for time and I'd already wasted 10 minutes on that squirrel photo.

That ending though is going to stick with me for the next two months. Damn it, Max, I knew it was a bad idea but you wouldn't leave it alone. Still love her.
    Apparently that type of plant you only need to water once a week. Actually that applies to most plants. If you water them too much you can drown then and kill them. I don't think it will have anymore repercussions after this moment, but now we have a rabbit to take care of! Let's see how people react to that!

I agree on the ending...that decision is going to stick with me for a long time now. Max will have a seriously difficult decision to make in Episode 4 whether or not she wants to keep that timeline or revert back to the old one (if she can). The new Chloe is happy with her Dad back and hopefully Joyce is ok (even though we didn't get to see her), but on the other hand Chloe is disabled and can't act on her own.

She probably never went to Blackwell and probably never met Amber. Who knows maybe Amber is no longer missing because of that? There would be no point in continuing on this "new timeline" because the hunt for Amber still lingers in Max's mind but Chloe has no recollection of her.

A thought on the Vortex Club:

I'm determined not to drown the rabbit either way.
    Last edited by AbnaxusOfTheVenar; 19th May 2015 at 17:29. Reason: Spoiler tags added

Quote Originally Posted by AbnaxusOfTheVenar View Post
    A thought on the Vortex Club:

I'm determined not to drown the rabbit either way.
    Haha, did you feed the rabbit then? xD

Yes, and I would have fed it more if I could. I drowned the plant and I want to learn my lesson from that, but:

1. No one's sent me a text message to tell me how to look after it.
    2. It's more fun to feed the rabbit than it was to water the plant.

Max said there was something in that water or something at the start of ep2. Then I immediately went back to undo it. My gut was right this time.

It's more fun to feed the rabbit than it was to water the plant.
    Poor Lisa..

Did anyone change the Vortex Club list? If so, how?

Quote Originally Posted by AbnaxusOfTheVenar View Post
    Yes, and I would have fed it more if I could. I drowned the plant and I want to learn my lesson from that, but:

1. No one's sent me a text message to tell me how to look after it.
    2. It's more fun to feed the rabbit than it was to water the plant.
    There is a text message from Max's mom telling her not to water the plant too much. Unfortunately I read it not until Episode 3 when it was already to late.

Quote Originally Posted by spelmanchic View Post
    I added Max to the list.

i erased some names

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
    There is a text message from Max's mom telling her not to water the plant too much. Unfortunately I read it not until Episode 3 when it was already to late.
    i think you can't read the message in episode 2. the time on where the sms was send is after the final event. (but i didn't tried to check the phone in the principals office).

and

Lisa is still alive

Where is the Vortex Club list? I never saw it.

It was in the pool area, IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEnna View Post
    It was in the pool area, IIRC
    Thanks. I'm looking now.

be carefull with the list

Quote Originally Posted by Nox_Dogma View Post
    be carefull with the list

I found it! Courtney put my name on the list in episode 2. I thought the list was for the VC Party on the next episode (Thursday). You have the option to add your name if you didn't say the right thing to Courtney to get on the list.

I erased names. I wonder who...

First I killed Kate, and than the tree... I'm a horrible human!

no, you'r not
    Kate killt herself and LISA...poor Lise , you watered Lisa, because you don't want to kill her
    in other words, you loved her to death

atm we have no informations about the possibility to read the SMS from Max's Mom in EP2 (if we can, then max know, not to water the plant)

as i worte in an other thread, the SMS has an Time-Stamp -> in the evening, i think after the Kate Event.
    that means, there is only 1 chance to read the sms -> in the principal office
    but as i said, i'm not sure

we will find out!

Thanks. I'm looking now.
    It is in the corner of the gym behind some equipment on a black storage container. I believe it's directly to the left of where you enter. Either that or on the opposite side.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox_Dogma View Post
    atm we have no informations about the possibility to read the SMS from Max's Mom in EP2 (if we can, then max know, not to water the plant)

as i worte in an other thread, the SMS has an Time-Stamp -> in the evening, i think after the Kate Event.
    that means, there is only 1 chance to read the sms -> in the principal office
    but as i said, i'm not sure

we will find out!
    Are you referring to the SMS message that the devs recently fixed / patched?

Code:
    Added a missing SMS about the plant – automatically added in Episode03 for those who missed it.

Poor Lisa :P

Quote Originally Posted by Alvare View Post
    Max said there was something in that water or something at the start of ep2. Then I immediately went back to undo it. My gut was right this time.
    She says, "Drink up, it's got electrolytes." It's a reference to the movie Idiocracy, where it's the slogan of a soft drink company. No one knows what electrolytes is, but everyone is so sure that they're something good that they end up watering their crops with the soft drinks, killing said crops and leading to a national famine...

... and I literally just realised that perhaps I should have thought a little harder about that. But no, I went ahead and double-watered anyway. D'oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet100 View Post
    It is in the corner of the gym behind some equipment on a black storage container. I believe it's directly to the left of where you enter. Either that or on the opposite side.
    Thank you. I drove myself crazy looking for that list the second time I played the chapter, but I couldn't find it. I'll have to remember it for when I use my third save slot.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTonTom View Post
    Loved it. I have so much to think about and discuss regarding it. However, before then, I need to ask something. In Chloe's house downstairs I deleted the police message on the answerphone. However, when I checked on choices, it says I did not delete the message. Do I have to replay the game from that chapter in order to make the change and get it to stay?
    That happened to me too. However I played it first and didn't rewind so Joyce had already heard it. I thought that was maybe why it didn't count as being deleted.