Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Steam Trading Cards have Arrived

Steam Trading Cards have Arrived

Steam Trading Cards have Arrived

Hey everyone!

Valve pushed the Steam Trading Cards live for Nosgoth on the weekend, so here's a quick lowdown of what that involves:

http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/steam-tr...s-have-arrived

A quick note, if you previously spent money on the game, it should trigger them as well (in my experience with other F2P games I play).

The link to Valve's article about how Trading Cards work is in the blog, but here it is for easy reference, as it covers off a lot of common questions:

http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

The blog says there are only 8 cards, when there are actually 10, just fyi.

I know some people who spend like 15€ on this game so far but received 5 cards just by playing. Is it intended that the first 5 cards are "free"?
    signature image

Originally Posted by Gugulug5000
    The blog says there are only 8 cards, when there are actually 10, just fyi.
    Good catch! 2 more got added, MOOARRR CARDDSSS mmmmm.

Originally Posted by Louves
    I know some people who spend like 15€ on this game so far but received 5 cards just by playing. Is it intended that the first 5 cards are "free"?

Did they get any Founders Packs through Steam? Outside of Runestone purchases, I believe they might apply as well. In any case, it is totally on Valve's side, but if you want to PM me any profile links I can follow up with them and find out more

So, you get drops if you bought stuff THROUGH STEAM?

Rune purchases via Nosgoth website don't count?

Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    So, you get drops if you bought stuff THROUGH STEAM?

Rune purchases via Nosgoth website don't count?
    It's a Steam specific feature and on their side, so only tracks purchases from Steam/Valve.

yeeey, i got my first badge allready. I got 5 cards from playing the game and the rest I bought in the steammarket.

Now i'm hunting for more cards so I can level up to lvl 5 and become a Lieutenant.

The backgrounds are looking good.
    signature image
    The descent had destroyed me... and yet I lived.

I think my account is bugged, it still says "No card drops remaining" :/

Is it intended that the first 5 cards are "free"?
    In any game on steam you get half of the cards just by having the game turned on and need to trade/buy the rest.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    I think my account is bugged, it still says "No card drops remaining" :/
    Have you made purchases through Steam, for the game? According to Valve's specifications it shouldn't trigger any cards otherwise, with how F2P games work on their card system. If you have, let me know and I'll see what I can find out from them.

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Have you made purchases through Steam, for the game? According to Valve's specifications it shouldn't trigger any cards otherwise, with how F2P games work on their card system. If you have, let me know and I'll see what I can find out from them.
    I got Warlord and Immortal from Steam.

I'll see what I can find out from them!

1134 hours later this is added lol. ;_;

Naw, but this is cool to see. Looking to get that Hunter/Reaver profile background.

I bought the Immortal founder's pack, too, and haven't had any cards drop. o_O

Originally Posted by Captain3009
    yeeey, i got my first badge allready. I got 5 cards from playing the game and the rest I bought in the steammarket.

Now i'm hunting for more cards so I can level up to lvl 5 and become a Lieutenant.

The backgrounds are looking good.
    How do u buy them?
    I have tryed to exchange some of them (doubles) with my steam friends but it gives me an error every time.. any idea why?
    And I think that the amount of money spent is only AFTER the introduction of the cards. Because I bought 3 founders pack in closed beta but steam says that I have spent a lower amount (and that is the amount I have spent in the last week). Can you confirm it?

Just to confirm, did you guys buy your Founders Packs through Steam, or through our site/elsewhere?

I just checked my purchase history on Steam and it shows I bought both Immortal and Warlord packs on Steam Store.

I also checked my purchase history and I should have received 9, almost 10 cards, but only received 5
    signature image

I also checked my purchase history and I should have received 9, almost 10 cards, but only received 5
    As I said above you will always receive only half of the trading cards in any game which supports this feature.

Just to confirm, did you guys buy your Founders Packs through Steam, or through our site/elsewhere?
    I bought them through steam (as my account says).. and i would like to know how I can exchange cards with other players, considering that I can't atm (always the same error)

Ah okay, sorry did not read that.

@Sasha_Vykos If you can't exchange them, you probably have to buy them on the steam market. Maybe contact Steam support.
    Last edited by Louves; 19th May 2015 at 11:18.
    signature image

We're checking with Valve about the packs, bear with us guys.

Originally Posted by Sasha_Vykos
    I bought them through steam (as my account says).. and i would like to know how I can exchange cards with other players, considering that I can't atm (always the same error)
    It's unlikely I'll be able to help too much with it as it's purely a Steam feature, but what error do you get? Is it blocking you from doing any trades at all?

We're checking with Valve about the packs, bear with us guys.

It's unlikely I'll be able to help too much with it as it's purely a Steam feature, but what error do you get? Is it blocking you from doing any trades at all?
    Yeah I can understand it.. i will maybe contact directly steam. Every time I try to make an offer this is the error : "There was an error sending your exchange offer . Please try again later . (24)" (I translate it from my mother language).. it happened for 3 days now.

Thanks anyway for your interest.

Originally Posted by Sasha_Vykos
    Yeah I can understand it.. i will maybe contact directly steam. Every time I try to make an offer this is the error : "There was an error sending your exchange offer . Please try again later . (24)" (I translate it from my mother language).. it happened for 3 days now.

Thanks anyway for your interest.
    I found a list about steam trading errors, maybe it helps you.
    signature image

I found a list about steam trading errors, maybe it helps you.
    thanks a lot! it helps

Page 1 of 3 123 Last