Thread: Silenced Cathedral Bug

Silenced Cathedral Bug

Hello there,
    I have a huge problem with Soul Reaver 1. My game crashes in the Silenced Cathedral at the part where you walk down a curved ramp after killing the two Fledgling Zephonims after the main entrance.
    Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

Hi! Already just read your problem. Never happened to me. But try to lower your resolution in a game. If not use Spectral Realm and try to pass Otherwise use patches from this site: http://www.thelostworlds.net/Softwar...and_Vista.html
    I dont know what platform are you playing but this solution is for just PC version.

Post an video please.

Thank you for the replies. But i have some more questions. Is the "Official Soul Reaver Patch" for Windows 7? Because that's the platform on which i'm running the game.
    @SpectralTyrant should i post a video? If yes, should i post a video of the game crashing?

There are no official patches for SR1 excepting one from The Lost Worlds, only "unofficial", one of which is included into the version of SR1 on Steam/gog.com (support for WinXP and above, including Windows-7). The appropriate files lie on my site (see my signature).
    Possible Solution of your problem with these files:
    1) before "bugged place" press Esc (Pause Menu), type 16443 and press Enter - appears Debug Menu;
    2) set "Keep info between loads" to YES;
    3) choose Levels -> Silenced Cathedral -> desired sub-level (for example, Cathy5 - after the first door or Cathy8).

BTW: check that bigfile.dat and textures.big are not corrupted.
    Support of LOK-games is the duty of Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics.