Thread: DX:MD ACTORS/CHARACTERS Discussion - NEW: Frank Pritchard in first story DLC

DX:MD ACTORS/CHARACTERS Discussion - NEW: Frank Pritchard in first story DLC

The closure happened before the game even started and Adam should have gotten the hell over it.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Bob Page. Hope to see him at last!

Originally Posted by Shralla
    The closure happened before the game even started and Adam should have gotten the hell over it.
    Not really sure what you're getting at, since she
    so...yeah. Not really.

Megan's motivations were unclear, and the final scene between the two of them was awkward and didn't really offer a lot of clarity. It felt like the setup for a real ending between the two of them that never came.

I'm talking about the closure on the relationship. They broke up well before the game started, and Adam being a pathetic puppy and chasing her all around the world as though she still gave any kind of a about him got hugely in the way of my enjoyment of the rest of the story that was much more interesting.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

I don't care about closure of their romantic relationship. I never really took Adam's search for Megan as being driven by some desire to reconnect with her. But he was still her friend, and the game structured so that a lot seemed to be riding on finding her...and then it just fizzled. I just want a better ending to that story.

Originally Posted by Shralla
    I'm talking about the closure on the relationship. They broke up well before the game started, and Adam being a pathetic puppy and chasing her all around the world as though she still gave any kind of a about him got hugely in the way of my enjoyment of the rest of the story that was much more interesting.
    "Chasing her" was 1. his job and 2. something that any decent person would do in his place. No matter if they had been at some point romantically involved or not, she was not a stranger to Adam. That subplot was overall terribly done, and Megan... well, let's say I would be happy to never see her face again, but Adam was searching for her not solely because of their past relationship.

We (the player) never had a reason to care about Megan.

Yeah, we haven't. That's one of the reasons why it was a terribly executed plot idea.

Eliza Cassan as AI. I want to know what the Illuminati did to make sure she doesn't decide to help someone opposed to the Illuminati again and if she is able to circumvent these measures.
    Also Quinn. The ending of The Missing Link already hinted at the Juggernauts.

I think Eliza and Megan will return, because both of them are still very relevant. Megan is probably in some capacity involved with the Illuminati, and Eliza kind of serves as a conspiracy hub.
    Last edited by Cyberhuman; 17th Jun 2015 at 18:56.

I know we all want the old characters to reappear but just remember this is only some years after HR and there will be more Deus Ex games.

The producers, story writers, game designers etc just need to be patient as we will be, slowly unravelling the story and world of Deus Ex.

I get the feeling someone like David Sarif won't make an appearance in this one, neither will Megan Reed but in the next few ones down the road we can see them come through.

However we want less of these stories because no one gives a F about it. Next it will be more LGBT characters, in the game the conspiracy is the headline and the story not whether we get to see female characters. Deus Ex Invisible War allowed you to play as a male or female character, give it up already.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/16/d...divided-women/
    Last edited by JJMikhail; 16th Jun 2015 at 23:38. Reason: added link

DX:MD Voice Actors/Characters - according to IMDB:

Elias Toufexis - Adam Jensen
    Tristan D. Lalla - various
    Nadia Verrucci - various
    Jessica Kardos - various
    Olivier Lamarche - K
    Eric Craig - various
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

God, I'm tired of this "women women women" endless song and dance. Those are not women, they are polygons on the screen, the only people concerned about that bs are those who can't tell fiction apart from reality.

Ugh.

Why shouldn't women be represented more in games? iirc, we do make up slightly more than 50% of the population.

Anyway, I'd rather not see Reed or Pritchard in the game, but some hints somewhere about them would be good - maybe some hackers email could refer to Nucl3arsnake or something like that. I wouldn't be surprised if both Malik and Sarif are considered dead.

Originally Posted by ilweran
    Why shouldn't women be represented more in games? iirc, we do make up slightly more than 50% of the population..
    It shouldn't be done for meta reasons. If devs see their concepts being better suited to a female role, fine. Doing it "just because women aren't represented in games much" is your reason, then you can *** resign as a game dev.

Also, gaming is a male-dominated hobby. Personally I'd prefer it stay that way, because I want males to cater with content I can stereo-typically relate to (action, for example) as has been the standard since the industry's inception, and I don't feel like sharing . we've got a enough problems on our plate as is, case in point: the new DX:MD. Doesn't look too promising AT ALL.

Back off feminists.
    Last edited by CyberP; 17th Jun 2015 at 15:51.

Originally Posted by CyberP
    If devs see their concepts being better suited to a female role, fine.
    Then of course the question is "what is a female role?".

Hell the game wouldn't change at all if genders were assigned to characters by coin flips. I don't care about a characters gender, I want a cool story (and some stealth).
    On the other hand I didn't notice the absence of female characters in HRs combat scenes (other than Federova) until it was pointed out by the press after MD was announced.

Originally Posted by Salfurium
    Then of course the question is "what is a female role?".
    What a ridiculous question. How about a pregnant mother to-be?

:/

On the other hand I didn't notice the absence of female characters in HRs combat scenes (other than Federova) until it was pointed out by the press after MD was announced.
    And? Military roles worldwide are overwhelmingly a male occupation. I don't see that changing any time soon.
    Last edited by CyberP; 17th Jun 2015 at 18:36.

And? Military roles worldwide are overwhelmingly a male occupation. I don't see that changing any time soon.
    Feminists are misguided pseudo intellectuals, spinning a relentless ultra-liberal narrative through the media. They don't accept facts, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually tried to dispute your claim.

They are always looking for ways to fit an Elephant into a glass jar, but hopefully they won't be able to corrupt the video game industry. We already have more than enough problems to deal with.

Originally Posted by Cyberhuman
    They are always looking for ways to fit an Elephant into a glass jar, but hopefully they won't be able to corrupt the video game industry. We already have more than enough problems to deal with.
    I dunno. Seems like everytime I browse reddit all I see is "feminists" or SJW's or trans-whatever-their-preferred-pronouns and like F22 Raptorkins or something or other acting really gosh darn silly. Everything is is so correct and oppressive and phobic and whatever have you. I'm like can't you just make and play videogames without all this crap. I mean, I can - but everyone else.

Though I'm not sure I've actually seen real feminists, just Sarkeesian.

More on topic, I just want Stephen Shellen as Adam Jensen as David Sarif going Adammmmmmm. The Illuminati

Originally Posted by vallux
    I dunno. Seems like everytime I browse reddit all I see is "feminists" or SJW's or trans-whatever-their-preferred-pronouns and like F22 Raptorkins or something or other acting really gosh darn silly. Everything is is so correct and oppressive and phobic and whatever have you. I'm like can't you just make and play videogames without all this crap.[/B][/I]
    Yes, the atmosphere has become really toxic and the feminist narrative has infiltrated all areas of public discourse. You can't speak out against feminism without being labeled a misogynist.

I wonder if any of the big guys (Illuminati) will be featured in Mankind Divided?

I wonder if any of the big guys (Illuminati) will be featured in Mankind Divided?
    I seriously hope so. Would it even be a Deus Ex without them?

I seriously hope so. Would it even be a Deus Ex without them?
    I don't know. I guess I'm thinking about the big names from the original Deus Ex. We know BP was featured in Human Revolution, maybe we'll see another big name this time around.

Unfortunately I am not too familiar with the story of the original Deus Ex but I have some ideas.
    SPOILERS AHEAD as it should be expected in a thread discussing returning characters.

Morgan Everett was mentioned as CEO of Picus, Manderley as the FEMA Admin and Beth DuClare as WHO spokesperson. Savage was the mastermind behind the Hyron project in The Missing Link.
    MD doesn't play in the US so I think Manderley is out. DuClare doesn't seem very important for the setting. Savage is just a scientist at the time.
    That leaves Everett and/or Page. It might also be about someone new, but it already gets a little crowded up there so I hope they try to mold the stories together.
    At the same time we see the introduction of a "counter organization" to the Illuminati continuing the plot from The Missing Link.
    Something I also wonder is how they are going to make the Morpheus Initiative work when Eliza is already present. Morpheus seems so much smaller than Eliza.

Something I also wonder is how they are going to make the Morpheus Initiative work when Eliza is already present. Morpheus seems so much smaller than Eliza.
    You know, we talked a lot about how the setting and the technology in general felt a lot more advanced in HR than in DX, but I don't think I ever stopped to look at this angle of the problem. And, indeed, it seems like the biggest issue of all. Eliza is way too advanced for Morpheus to even matter, and for Elios to be the ultimate project/threat Eliza already monitors everything and intervenes on all fronts on her own.
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

Originally Posted by Avenging_Teabag
    God, I'm tired of this "women women women" endless song and dance. Those are not women, they are polygons on the screen, the only people concerned about that bs are those who can't tell fiction apart from reality.
    Or, more likely, they're people who understand the purpose and cultural significance of art. Which you clearly do not.

It shouldn't be done for meta reasons. If devs see their concepts being better suited to a female role, fine. Doing it "just because women aren't represented in games much" is your reason, then you can *** resign as a game dev.
    Wanting to tell a story about a woman because they are criminally underrepresented in the medium and you think there is something you can do to fix that is a completely legitimate reason to want to do so. Underrepresentation in media is a huge issue. Anybody who doesn't think so is clearly ignorant to the impact and cyclical nature of such things in our society.

Feminists are misguided pseudo intellectuals, spinning a relentless ultra-liberal narrative through the media. They don't accept facts, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually tried to dispute your claim.

What the am I reading? Grow up and get a reality check, holy .

Yes, the atmosphere has become really toxic and the feminist narrative has infiltrated all areas of public discourse. You can't speak out against feminism without being labeled a misogynist.
    You get labeled a misogynist when you are blatantly ignorant to everything outside your own narrow perspective of the world, as you so obviously are. What you consider a "toxic atmosphere" is a joke compared to what women have faced in trying to gain footing in industries like video games. What you're complaining about isn't even a thing. You just can't handle that anybody different than you could possible want or god forbid demand any kind of representation that even comes close to what you already have, and so you cry about it like a child. How dare somebody else want the same things that you've literally always had?
    Last edited by Shralla; 18th Jun 2015 at 05:54.

Page 2 of 6 First First 123456 Last