Thread: Patch Notes - May 14th, 2015

Patch Notes - May 14th, 2015

I just checked my video this patch because my performance does seem bad in this game (honestly it has since i played it but i manage to get by) and I am shocked at my fps, 35 with everything at lowest, what the hell? My pc is good! I played in ESL practice with this FPS apparently, lol. Anyway, v-synch is off so any suggestions as to why ?

Stats:
    PROCESSOR: Intel i5-3570k 4.7GHz
    RAM: 16GB
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series

On another subject about the chests... I don't mind chests but why not just make everything buyable with runes ? What's the point in random chance, just to make us try to spend more ?
    Even then i wouldn't mind except you can get useless mysterious/exotic crap that you get for free anyway! I bought 2 vamp chests and got another mysterious mind control and magma leap (which we could buy before so why give it to us like this)
    Make it like in Smite where if you have 1 of the objects you can't get them anymore.. please !

Originally Posted by j4m41k4n0
    Has the fps dropped since the last patch on april 30th (other players are experiencing the same problem).
    Devs did nothing, didnt respond, they only want money, they dont care about the amount of people playing (average 1k per day). its really sad, this game is going down hill.
    Ye your right, lets all stop playing...........................................

I cant play with 25 fps, so I did.

(click image to enlarge)

This sounds stellar, now i can get 0 fps in game if i accidentally alt tab.

About "various collision bug fixes"

I don't know if that's related, but today in a match on Provance I found myself stuck in a place this hasn't happened before, in the "gates" area:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=442843287

I wasn't executing or dragging a body, I just walked into that wall and got stuck (in the game, unlike this noscam shot, I was in this "forever falling" animation).

In the same game, I also got stuck here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=442843235

but it's close to the edge of the map and I was executing, so this could be an old problem.

Originally Posted by Ghosthree3
    Can't tell if satire...
    I hope satire. Otherwise, it's sadly telling that they chose to say "popular" games as opposed to "good" games...

Seems they forgot to mention that the Deceiver and Prophet banners were added to the store (unless they were added previously and I just didn't notice). The Scout skin looks good in game and I'm interested to see how the changes to the maps will play out.

Not excited about the chests though. I totally get that it's a free to play tactic to gain money, and I get that Psyonix needs people to buy things in order for the game to continue, but from what I've seen so far, the pricing/odds are really wrong right now. One of the other threads that was just barely started is already showing the odds of getting a skin are about 1/8 (really rough estimate right now). That means that you have to pay 8000 runestones for just a chance at getting the skin you want. When the chests were first announced it was said that the skins were not purchasable in the store, but that you could find the chests in game. Now, correct me if I'm misunderstanding, but now it appears that the only way to get a chest with a skin in it is through the store. It just seems wrong that you can pay 1000 runes and end up with a mysterious item.

So, understanding that Square Enix still needs to make money, here are thoughts on the matter:
    1) Cut mysterious items and boosters from the possible chest rewards. The special, event-only items are more than enough for this. Sure people may get what they want sooner and therefore buy less chests, but having better chances of getting what you want would likely encourage people who don't want to waste money to buy them (such as myself).

2) Add at least a small chance of getting a skin to the chests that are dropped at the end of the match. It seems stupid to waste 400 runes on a key to not even be able to get a skin from the lower tier chests.

3) Consider a 'skin only' chest option. Make it cost more if you have to, but make it so if a person is only interested in the skins, they don't get screwed by getting a weapon that they will be able to forge later (other than the physical appearance).

4) Come up with better skins for the vampires. I'm not saying I don't like the skins (they look amazing), but they're essentially just color swapped skins. If you're going to charge people an arm and a leg for them, make them unique (like the alchemist skin, which looks pretty dang cool, props to the art team for that). Then find some other mechanic for the green, glowy skins to be unlocked.

5) Add keys (and possibly even chests) to the daily rewards system, that way people who don't spend runestones can at least occasionally get rid of a chest they have in their inventory. Make a key a day 7 reward if you have to (anything to break up the constant barrage of gold). While you're at it, you could add some small increment of runestones to the daily rewards to help make the 1000 runestone purchase not feel as hard (discount coupons expire too quickly in my opinion).

Those are just my thoughts on the matter, though I doubt they'll really be taken into account (it's more likely they'll be ignored, like all of the requests for buying molten items with gold). I get that Square needs to make money off of the game, but they really seem to be overreaching with a lot of the things they do.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that changing the background on the main menu worked wonders for me. It runs so much better now. Whatever you did, do more stuff like that.
    Last edited by Gugulug5000; 15th May 2015 at 04:04.

Map changes were quite nice and the scout skin is very awesome!

I honestly don't mind the idea of the chests or the fact that its complete chance and the items from it can only be from those chests...being a TF2 player, this is pretty norm for me. (And TF2 does quite well with it, people buy keys like mad.)
    However, what does bother me, is that we don't know wth these items are or what the skins look like. I'm not gonna toss my money at something without knowing the possibilities of what I'm gonna get. For all I know, I'm not actually interested in any of them and would be a colossal waste of money. It would be wise to show what ALL of these items look like [and their stats, if any] and not just 1 or 2 and say "I don't want to ruin the surprise!" That's not ruining a surprise, that's withholding content information prior to real-money-transactions.
    Any game I've seen where they have chests/crates in a game, they show it's contents. Even if they don't show them on their blogs/websites, they put them in their official wiki pages so players know wth they are.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Gugulug5000
    Seems they forgot to mention that the Deceiver and Prophet banners were added to the store (unless they were added previously and I just didn't notice). The Scout skin looks good in game and I'm interested to see how the changes to the maps will play out.

Not excited about the chests though. I totally get that it's a free to play tactic to gain money, and I get that Psyonix needs people to buy things in order for the game to continue, but from what I've seen so far, the pricing/odds are really wrong right now. One of the other threads that was just barely started is already showing the odds of getting a skin are about 1/8 (really rough estimate right now). That means that you have to pay 8000 rune stones for just a chance at getting the skin you want. When the chests were first announced it was said that the skins were not purchasable in the store, but that you could find the chests in game. Now, correct me if I'm misunderstanding, but now it appears that the only way to get a chest with a skin in it is through the store. It just seems wrong that you can pay 1000 runes and end up with a mysterious item.
    Ya I bought 4 chests and lucky I got the summoner skin and 2 weapons for humans. The bad thing was that my 4th box was a mystery compound bow and I got 2 of those already, so I basically payed $5 for another one which kinda pisses me off.

Scratch kinda, it really pisses me off! I want you guys to add trading before forge so I can trade all these mystery weapons I don't for ones that I do. That would be way better then forge first unless any mystery weapon fx can be taken off and put on other guns,without lvling the mystery weapon(I already lvled up 5 I don't want to again) I want to put a fx on my new chest weapons which are cool but not worth $5 in my opinion, chest should be around 600 runes if it still has all the extra stuff thats worthless in them if only skins and new weapons/skills then sure 1000 is fine since normal skins are around 1600 but since the chest is random you may not get the one you like and you may get a weapon. Just lay off on all this money stuff for now and just fix the problems at hand. I put so much money into this game already and I don't want to see if lose its player base and then close because then the $80+ money ive invested would be gone.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 15th May 2015 at 12:06. Reason: double posting - please use the 'edit' function or multi-quote

my fps went down drastically. I did try the adjustment that Corey suggested without results. I also experienced lag while my ping was really stable.

For the chests.. I don't like the idea too.. but i understand that in a free to play game, devs need to mnake money in some ways.

Why was there no announcement about Steam trading cards? They are suddenly here and I could not find any informations
    signature image

Originally Posted by Louves
    Why was there no announcement about Steam trading cards? They are suddenly here and I could not find any informations
    So I just read this here and not in patchnotes! *Roars!*

(click image to enlarge)

0 cards in inventory, "no drops remaining". They're probably not fully implemented yet?

(I have spent money on nosgoth, so that shouldn't be the issue -- assumin' that past purchases count.)
    signature image

Some of my friends already have card drops. And they seem to drop while you are playing unlike any other f2p game.
    signature image

Guys stop crying about chests and keys. Its not a bad thing and its not a p2w.
    Its good model for Nosgoth and its going to work fine. In future they will make better chests and gain more experience.
    I hope they will remove mysterious items from them.
    Otherwise just watch other games had chests and keys like CS:GO, TF2, Dota 2
    CS:GO became more popular, because of boxes and skins. Welcome to 2015.

It is bad that they think putting in a cash roulette system when the game is as unfinished as it is is ok though.

I'd have no problem with it if the game performed consistently and properly.

Originally Posted by Ghosthree3
    It is bad that they think putting in a cash roulette system when the game is as unfinished as it is is ok though.

I'd have no problem with it if the game performed consistently and properly.
    That's where they put their minds and resources, and I don't blame them, I definitely forgive them for it and agree with you that it is acceptable. They just need to turn their focus to the things they've been ignoring, like optimization, balance, and new abilities, etc. All these new features are meaningless if the base game is in absolute ruins like it is now.

Originally Posted by AntiqueGod
    CS:GO became more popular, because of boxes and skins. Welcome to 2015.
    It's not a pay-to-win. True. But it is a pay-for-random-chance-and-potentially-waste-your-money which is garbage. Once again, it's a video game and not a slot machine. As long as they insist on it operating like a slot machine, it will not get better.

It's a crappy model and always has been, no matter the game. CS:GO, TF2, and DotA 2 all had the same crappy model and their popularity does not change that. Welcome to reality where "IT'S POPULAR SO IT MUST BE GOOD!" is a BS fallacy. Plus it being 2015 is no reason why awful money-leeching practices should be allowed. Yes, it's 2015 and gaming industry practices are really greedy and miserable in general but being status quo doesn't make it acceptable.

And as others have noted, their priorities are generally terrible as well.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 16th May 2015 at 00:36.

Just wondering if anyone else with fps issues had turned off their shadows. I have sitting around 45 fps and in game turned them off it immediately shot up to 110 after that without any other changes. Was even able to turn them back on and keep the frame rate.

Originally Posted by ModernD
    Just wondering if anyone else with fps issues had turned off their shadows. I have sitting around 45 fps and in game turned them off it immediately shot up to 110 after that without any other changes. Was even able to turn them back on and keep the frame rate.
    Whattt, that's very strange. What hardware do you have?

Anybody else having issues with card drops? It´s saying I have 0 remaning yet I did not get any in the first place... what?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/RainaAu...ecards/200110/

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    Anybody else having issues with card drops? It´s saying I have 0 remaning yet I did not get any in the first place... what?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/RainaAu...ecards/200110/
    I'm having the same issue, Raina. I know of at least one friend who is as well.

PS your profile is private. :P
    signature image

Got 5 card drops today. Still no informations from SE. Steam says I have to pay money to get card drops, but they drop by playing

Seems like it's not working as intented.
    signature image

Got 5 card drops today. Still no informations from SE. Steam says I have to pay money to get card drops, but they drop by playing

Seems like it's not working as intented.
    If I understood correctly, you get 5 card drops just for playing. And each time you spend approx. $9 you get another card drop.

i7-4930k
    gtx 780
    16 gig ram

Turns out it was a fluke somehow anyway. As soon as I had to go back to a lobby and rejoined a game it reverted back to minimal fps. Seems really odd though because it was a very apparent change when it was working.

Page 3 of 4 First First 1234 Last