Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Music loop glitch in both Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster on PS4

Music loop glitch in both Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster on PS4

Music loop glitch in both Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster on PS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPN3DfJVliA

Basically, every time you enter a battle and win, the background music of the area you are in, restarts from the beginning of the song. Rather than continuing where the song left off when the battle first started.

This was not the case in the PS2, PS3, and Vita versions. This glitch is also in effect on X-2 as well.

Kinda obnoxious since the encounter rate can be very high, meaning you might not hear the full song of any background during normal play, unless you stand still and listen to it.

Would like to see this fixed in a patch. After all, what's the point of including the original soundtrack if you won't even hear all of it during normal game play due to this glitch?

Same for me. Please patch the game as soon as possible. This is really painful to play in these conditions. Thank you.

Make sure to contact customer support about this issue.

Done!

Done!

Destructoid reported this issue as well.

http://www.destructoid.com/final-fan...s-292113.phtml

Please patch this, Square-Enix!!

Thanks for the link decayedmatter. Did you inform Square-Enix customer support about Destructoid?
    I hope it will help to speed up the patch release.
    When I played the PS4 version and found this glitch, I was afraid to find nothing on it on google. Hopefully you posted the video on youtube. That was a proof for me I wasn't the only one in that case. Many thanks to you

Originally Posted by armorwill
    Thanks for the link decayedmatter. Did you inform Square-Enix customer support about Destructoid?
    I hope it will help to speed up the patch release.
    When I played the PS4 version and found this glitch, I was afraid to find nothing on it on google. Hopefully you posted the video on youtube. That was a proof for me I wasn't the only one in that case. Many thanks to you
    I emailed support but not the destructoid link, feel free to do it yourself if you think it would help.

And yeah the video i posted is mine.

I emailed them the destructoid link. I have even phone them (In France) and they told me they heard about the music problem but not yet for the broken RNG (Random Number Generator).

Originally Posted by armorwill
    I emailed them the destructoid link. I have even phone them (In France) and they told me they heard about the music problem but not yet for the broken RNG (Random Number Generator).
    I hope they fix both issues, although even if they do it'll still suck cause that means our discs are basically coasters without the patch, making it's collectibility obsolete.

You know, every game now unfortunately needs at least one patch to work correctly. Let's just hope Square-Enix deploys one for this great game on PS4, it deserves that.

Yeah that's the sad thing about modern day gaming, they no longer give games as much QA as they did in the pre patch days, they release games too early and patch them later (if at all)

Soooo is this getting patched?

I take silence as a no

Originally Posted by decayedmatter
    I take silence as a no
    Unfortunately there is no way of knowing, because for some unholy reason SE have a 'we can't tell you nothin bout nothin' rule for some reason.
    (From SE support)
    We apologize for any trouble or inconvenience you have been experiencing. Unfortunately we have no ETA on a possible resolution but if there are any updates on the game, it will be posted on our main SQUARE ENIX website at na.square-enix.com.
    We can't lose all hope, the did patch type-0's camera so there may be a patch yet.

Maybe SE will fix those issues when they start to port the game to Steam, just like they did with Type-0.

I assume no update has been made on these two bugs?

I've been actively avoiding playing this game since I discovered both of these bugs after loading up my vita save. I was none to happy about this and I know people who are not buying this collection till the bug is fixed.

Yeah, people like me. Guess we'll just have to keep bugging customer support for now. *sigh*

I completely regret buying this on release day and refuse to buy any other SE games on release day because of this very situation. I still refuse to start playing this until a patch is released to fix at least the issue of the fixed RNG. The music glitch is annoying as well and needs to be fixed, but at least the game is still playable regardless. The fixxed RNG, however, fundamentally breaks the gameplay itself. Get your act together, Square-Enix! We as customers deserve better than a broken game that is beginning to look abandoned because you are simply too lazy to bother!

Please release a patch for these issues, Square!

Hi everyone,

Emailed support and got a response back so I thought I'd share:

"Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with Final fantasy X/X-2.

Currently, we are investigating cases where the music is not looping correctly and the randomness of the encounters is not conducive to gameplay. We would like to thank you for taking the time to report this issue to us and thank you for your patience while we look in to this.

At this time, we do not have a timescale for when a fix may become available.

We do apologise for any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused for you.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team"

So hopefully that means they actually are trying to fix it.

Thanks for sharing! Good to see their response to this problem becoming less vague.

I emailed customer support about a week ago about the same issues, and got an email that I would receive a response within 48hrs, but they never bothered to reply.

But, it's nice to see they aren't ignoring everyone that emails them about FFXHD!

Come on SquareEnix, patch this crap already! You patched Final Fantasy Type 0 HD motion blur, why can't you patch this?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last