Thread: Recap of superb Razielim ideas

Recap of superb Razielim ideas

Recap of superb Razielim ideas

I've seen several suggestions over the past few weeks and wanted to resuggest them so that the developers see them.

Ground slam type move- The sentinel swoops down snatching one of the humans and propels himself high into the air. While in the air with the human in hand, the sentinel turns mid-air and tosses the human with as much strength as he can muster, dealing massive damage. If this seems over powered then the Sentinel could swoop down with the human, as to counterbalance the huge damage being dealt. Would combo very nicely with Takeoff in that scenario.

Hovering- This could be a toggle-able mode that allows the Sentinel to maintain its position in the air. None of the vampires currently have a middle mouse bound ability, so this could be that.

Incineration- The Sentinel summons elemental fire (blue, green, something to differentiate it from alchemist flamewall and just look MAGICAL) in the palms of his hands and essentially crop dusts the humans with arcane flames. What would you guys think for a Q ground ability variation of this theme?

AoE wingspin- The Sentinel extends his wings and twirls in place, knocking back surrounding foes and dealing a fair bit of damage. This is like wingflap, but instead of a cone area of effect, everything around the Sentinel gets the goods.

What is essentially turtling- The sentinal wraps his wings around himself, blocking all damage for a short period of time. I imagine this would operate like the Vanguard's shield. So the Sentinel is taking zero or very little damage until a threshold is surpassed or the its time runs out. I can't see too many situations this would be useful in. Takeoff is better if you like to initiate.

Cyclone- The Sentinel heads towards the humans and in a display of eldritch beauty, violently spins like the ballerina he never was, creating a small area of effect cyclone thing. This would pick up in human caught in AoE, deal a small bit of DoT, and then throw them into random directions, dealing damage when they land. This ability could possibly due without the DoT, and the whole premise sounds a lil off, but this ability would be very useful and cool as hell.

I can't think of anything else or remember any of the other suggested ideas. Sentinel is easily my favorite class and I'd like some (all) of these things to be implemented in the future. Leave additions to this thread along with constructive criticism or your simple opinion. For those who originally suggested these things, go ahead and claim credit for it. I don't mind the bumps ;D
    Last edited by Cody_The_Wiser; 12th May 2015 at 17:43. Reason: Rephrased some things

Who can forget... grabbing a human then taking straight up into the air..
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

Originally Posted by cmstache
    Who can forget... grabbing a human then taking straight up into the air..
    Me. I forgot. If you twirl it can create a similar effect. Does sound like something I'd like to see though.

Originally Posted by Cody_The_Wiser
    I've seen several suggestions over the past few weeks and wanted to resuggest them so that the developers see them.

Ground slam type move- The sentinel swoops down snatching one of the humans and propels himself high into the air. While in the air with the human in hand, the sentinel turns mid-air and tosses the human with as much strength as he can muster, dealing massive damage. If this seems over powered then the Sentinel could swoop down with the human, as to counterbalance the huge damage being dealt. Would combo very nicely with Takeoff in that scenario.

Hovering- This could be a toggle-able mode that allows the Sentinel to maintain its position in the air. None of the vampires currently have a middle mouse bound ability, so this could be that.

Incineration- The Sentinel summons elemental fire (blue, green, something to differentiate it from alchemist flamewall and just look MAGICAL) in the palms of his hands and essentially crop dusts the humans with arcane flames. What would you guys think for a Q ground ability variation of this theme?

AoE wingspin- The Sentinel extends his wings and twirls in place, knocking back surrounding foes and dealing a fair bit of damage. This is like wingflap, but instead of a cone area of effect, everything around the Sentinel gets the goods.

What is essentially turtling- The sentinal wraps his wings around himself, blocking all damage for a short period of time. I imagine this would operate like the Vanguard's shield. So the Sentinel is taking zero or very little damage until a threshold is surpassed or the its time runs out. I can't see too many situations this would be useful in. Takeoff is better if you like to initiate.

Cyclone- The Sentinel heads towards the humans and in a display of eldritch beauty, violently spins like the ballerina he never was, creating a small area of effect cyclone thing. This would pick up in human caught in AoE, deal a small bit of DoT, and then throw them into random directions, dealing damage when they land. This ability could possibly due without the DoT, and the whole premise sounds a lil off, but this ability would be very useful and cool as hell.

I can't think of anything else or remember any of the other suggested ideas. Sentinel is easily my favorite class and I'd like some (all) of these things to be implemented in the future. Leave additions to this thread along with constructive criticism or your simple opinion. For those who originally suggested these things, go ahead and claim credit for it. I don't mind the bumps ;D
    A lot of these remind me of the abilities Janos has in Defiance, especially Wing Spin, Cyclone and Wing Wrap.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1yLZRuKNczo

As I mentioned elsewhere, I think a Razielim improvising with it's wings could easily come up with some of the same moves.

Oh, and I think the Incineration move should be breathed out from the Razielim's mouth. Daniel said they were evolving to be dragon-bat things, so this would show the dragon part.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 13th May 2015 at 11:57.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Yep, I did use your comment for inspiration for some of these skills.

Maybe an ability for right click that would make sentinel extend his wings and just damage people when flying instead of picking of aingle target? And maybe deal some bleed damage. would be cool alternative. Could be better to poke multiple people and would be good to people who still got problem landing grabs XD

Originally Posted by barthez36663
    Maybe an ability for right click that would make sentinel extend his wings and just damage people when flying instead of picking of aingle target? And maybe deal some bleed damage. would be cool alternative. Could be better to poke multiple people and would be good to people who still got problem landing grabs XD
    Options are always a good thing. I wonder what the animation for this would look like. I feel that it would be rather dull if the Sentinel just glided by with his wings outstretched, knocking a few guys onto their asses. That's something the animators can work on though. The premise of this ability looks to be promising.

Yeah Ithink it would need some cool visual, maybe some animation like dive bomb but making him going like a bullet or flying like f 16 with some speed boos as well maybe XD

Also that abillity idea, grabbing humans on the ground and taking of the ground with them, i though about the same one days, its awesome idea.

Or maybe do some type of "allah akbar" (like immolation) ability like diving kamikaze after picking people off XD

Originally Posted by barthez36663
    Or maybe do some type of "allah akbar" (like immolation) ability like diving kamikaze after picking people off XD
    Didn't expect to read that. I don't know if an ability like that would work with the Razielim.

Originally Posted by Cody_The_Wiser
    Didn't expect to read that. I don't know if an ability like that would work with the Razielim.
    Yeah well, my imagination went a little overboard with that one , i agree XD