Thread: Eidolons

Eidolons

Eidolons

I don't remember this part in the game, so if someone could just explain, please? xD

In the summoning sequences, the characters conjure up a crystal and promptly destroy it to summon their eidolen. I can comprehend destroying the crystal to release the eidolens, I just don't get WHERE the crystal originally came from.

How does it materialize everytime? What is it made of? What happens to the remains?

Honestly, I don't get why they even implemented crystals in the summoning. The eidolens appeared the first time without a crystal due to the L'Cie basically losing faith(?). I wouldn't imagine it would be much of a stretch to see them summoned more than once without the characters gettting emo, lol.

Eidolons were created by the goddess Etro to aid L'cies. They are creatures of the realm Valhalla, and cannot be on the human world for too long. Thats why Etro send Eidoliths with them, so they can be dormant there and help L'cie when there are nedded. The characters breaks the eidolith to summon Eidolons, but the crystals are regenerated when the summons stop.

Also, their brands seem to be the catalyst that regenerates the Eidolith every time

Originally Posted by Lunakai

Eidolons were created by the goddess Etro to aid L'cies. They are creatures of the realm Valhalla, and cannot be on the human world for too long. Thats why Etro send Eidoliths with them, so they can be dormant there and help L'cie when there are nedded. The characters breaks the eidolith to summon Eidolons, but the crystals are regenerated when the summons stop.

This pretty much explains it, but there was one exception to this rule: in XIII when Odin manifested himself in front of Lightning, her crystal "shattered" a little during the fight in the Vile Peaks. That's why in XIII-2 when paradoxes started to appear, those remains gave birth to Twilight Odin.