Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Devs: Rahabim Character sketch or lore for E3? PLZ!!

Devs: Rahabim Character sketch or lore for E3? PLZ!!

Devs: Rahabim Character sketch or lore for E3? PLZ!!

Any chance there could be some vague information (I say vague because its prob a long way off) released around E3 for Nosgoth fans to feed on? pref for the Rahabim class

@SE/Psyonix, would it be possible to for Jason Newhouse to talk (in a video or something) about any design inspirations he used for the previous characters or what he might have in mind for the Rahabim? Is it mainly him who's does the concept art for the character skins? I'd like to know things like what cultures they're based around or any other references that might have been used.

Information like that is great for speculating about the lore and their personalities and behavior of the different factions and how they might interact with each other. Especially with the Rahabim with so little being known about them, I'm sure a lot of fans would want to make sure they fit with Rahab's personality and evolutionary direction and everything.

In addition, it was mentioned in one of the twitch streams how the developers like to make up stories about the locations in the maps. When do we get to hear those?
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

I think once we start discussing the next classes (whatever they may be ) we might be able to swing having either Jason or Jay on our developer stream to discuss their work and inspiration for the designs. Both of those guys are responsible for character designs as well as environments.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I'm sure a lot of fans would want to make sure they fit with Rahab's personality and evolutionary direction and everything.
    Have ye such little faith in us?

Thanks Eric, I look forward to it. If at all possible, (no specifics necessary, a yes or no answer will suffice but any details would be nice) could you say if any of the suggestions from the Rahabim Idea thread made or will make it into the design?

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=8489

And for the record, you guys have more than earned my complete faith and confidence when it comes to Nosgoth.

Woo a dev reply, cheers Eric

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    Thanks Eric, I look forward to it. If at all possible, (no specifics necessary, a yes or no answer will suffice but any details would be nice) could you say if any of the suggestions from the Rahabim Idea thread made or will make it into the design?

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=8489

And for the record, you guys have more than earned my complete faith and confidence when it comes to Nosgoth.
    Yes.

The ideas in that thread are all over the place. There are some good ones and then there are some that are completely unfitting and others like one about the aquatic vampire clan looking like desert dwelling religious fanatics or ones that aren't even based around LOK, but just ripped off whatever other game the poster last played. There's even some of my own suggestions that seem really bad in retrospect.

I hope at least these are taken into account:
    Rahab already had gills and slightly scaly skin when Raziel was thrown into the abyss meaning the Rahabim are at least dipping there provbial (and literal) toes into the water.
    The drowned abbey was built by humans as a sanctuary from the vampires (The Elder God says so in the script), and therefore the fact of them living in abbey can not be used to imply the Rahabim were a type of monk.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

We have had ideas on the next classes for a long time, just as it was for the Vanguard and Summoner, and that's a necessity when you're talking about a game that needs to adhere as much as possible to the existing lore structure that is already set in place. Trying to squeeze out a new class without doing our research would be detrimental as well as a slap in the face to LoK fans, and that's obviously not something we want to do. That being said, we're certainly open to ideas that are suggested, provided they're not something that is going to ruin the structure of the game or the class. I certainly hope people keep contributing to that thread.

I was wondering about new classes after the Rahabim. I've seen people mention that Cabuco said that Raziel's clan were into magic, and I've seen them suggest new things for the Sentinel, but I've been thinking that a better alternative would just be to have new classes that reflect the variety within the clans. For example, Razielim Sorcerer and Melchiahim Burrower. Ideas like that. I don't see why there would just have to be one class for each clan, it would allow more artistic exploration, and they could have totally different playstyles.

Thanks Again Eric, I can't wait to see what she looks like; and learn more about the human's answer to her.

Originally Posted by FearGhoul
    I was wondering about new classes after the Rahabim. I've seen people mention that Cabuco said that Raziel's clan were into magic, and I've seen them suggest new things for the Sentinel, but I've been thinking that a better alternative would just be to have new classes that reflect the variety within the clans. For example, Razielim Sorcerer and Melchiahim Burrower. Ideas like that. I don't see why there would just have to be one class for each clan, it would allow more artistic exploration, and they could have totally different playstyles.
    I completely disagree. This wouldn't allow for as much mixing and matching as just adding a skill would. I've suggested something similar to your idea in a thread that I will link below.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=155058

Devolution variants is, in my opinion, a much better idea than classes within the clans. It just seems like an unnecessary limit on what players are able to do.

EDIT: Maybe these classes could offer passive buffs, as opposed to offering different skills. So each class would essentially be a perk. One would cater to a bruiser type playstyle, increasing damage output and movement speed, but reducing attack speed. Something similar to that. Maybe it could be like Mortal Combat 10. Each class would have a variant that slightly altered their abilites. There would be the default (what we have right now), mystical, etc. Different animations, slightly different effects. C'mon, people, help me build off this foundation I have set.
    Last edited by Cody_The_Wiser; 13th May 2015 at 16:30.

Limit? How? They would be a totally different class with totally different playstyles, so there would be more options for the player. Really, the only similarity between the two Razielim would be the fact that they can fly.

Edit: Actually, I think I get what you mean. Instead of a whole new class, we'd just have new abilities so that we could customize the class more, and then we wouldn't have to worry about having to unlock more classes.
    Last edited by FearGhoul; 13th May 2015 at 21:41.

Found this stunning bit of concept of how The Rahabim class could work. http://louves.deviantart.com/art/Nos...lass-532868105

Of course for the sake of Balance you would have to create a Human class to go along with it. So here's my Idea.

The Impaler:
    "Formed to emulate the Vampire hunters of old: the Legendary
    Sarafan Order, who where renowned for there brutal use of the Pike in combating the Vampire Scourge of their time.
    The Impaler's have embraced this Legacy full heartedly even going as far
    to forge their armour in the image of the old Orders in an effort to simultaneously embolden fellow humans familiar with the tale and drive fear into the Black Hearts of similarly knowing Vampires.

In the Days to come their Greatest Victory against the
    Vampires will be when they lead the storming of Lord Dumah's fortress using his own arrogance to launch a surprise attack and win the day by Skewering the Evolved Vampire onto his very throne."

Originally Posted by Razielim1993
    Found this stunning bit of concept of how The Rahabim class could work. http://louves.deviantart.com/art/Nos...lass-532868105
    That's really good! I've forwarded it to http://spectraljin.deviantart.com/ and http://jasonnewhouse.deviantart.com/

Stakes/Spears would difficult as they break the melee vs ranged. It probably wouldn't be what you imagined, but I guess it could do really weak blunt damage up close and only actually do serious damage when thrown. If it's a very long weapon there'd be no way to pull the user's arm back enough to use the sharp end up close, so that could be the explanation for why it's not used as a melee weapon. Or maybe there's that atlatl thing I mentioned ages ago. It's like a weird manual spear launcher thing used by native americans. I know that wouldn't be what you imagined either, but the breaking the melee vs ranged rule would just unbalance everything.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 14th May 2015 at 09:40.

@Razielim1993 @Vampmaster Thank you guys This drawing was actually heavily inspired by this thread: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=8489
    signature image

Originally Posted by Razielim1993

Of course for the sake of Balance you would have to create a Human class to go along with it. So here's my Idea.

The Impaler:
    "Formed to emulate the Vampire hunters of old: the Legendary
    Sarafan Order, who where renowned for there brutal use of the Pike in combating the Vampire Scourge of their time.
    The Impaler's have embraced this Legacy full heartedly even going as far
    to forge their armour in the image of the old Orders in an effort to simultaneously embolden fellow humans familiar with the tale and drive fear into the Black Hearts of similarly knowing Vampires.

In the Days to come their Greatest Victory against the
    Vampires will be when they lead the storming of Lord Dumah's fortress using his own arrogance to launch a surprise attack and win the day by Skewering the Evolved Vampire onto his very throne."
    Everything from the shoulders down is alright, but I don't EVER want to see it in Nosgoth. The face just isn't close enough to their devolution. I'm aware that in their fledgling stage their human features will be much more prominent but I'd like to see something more reptilian regardless.

Originally Posted by FearGhoul
    Edit: Actually, I think I get what you mean. Instead of a whole new class, we'd just have new abilities so that we could customize the class more, and then we wouldn't have to worry about having to unlock more classes.
    Exactly. On the off chance anyone is slightly confused, imagine a class is released with 6 abilities. That means you have two for each skill slot. Now imagine instead of that, they split the skills creating two different classes. Now you don't have the option to tailor that class to your needs, but instead are forced to pick the other class. What did you think of my idea, Feralmun?
    Last edited by Bazielim; 14th May 2015 at 13:50. Reason: double posting - please use the 'edit' function or multi-quote

Originally Posted by Cody_The_Wiser
    Everything from the shoulders down is alright, but I don't EVER want to see it in Nosgoth. The face just isn't close enough to their devolution. I'm aware that in their fledgling stage their human features will be much more prominent but I'd like to see something more reptilian regardless.
    Add some mild scale formation here and there, possibly the gills on the neck and all is well; but outside of that this is really well done and I rather like that it is notably inspired by the Rahabim Idea thread, the very same thread that is confirmed to have suggestions that will be utilized in the finished class.

At this stage, there should be signs of their evolutionary path (hence the scales and gills mentioned); but they should otherwise be as close to human form as the Dumahim are.

Add some mild scale formation here and there, possibly the gills on the neck and all is well; but outside of that this is really well done and I rather like that it is notably inspired by the Rahabim Idea thread, the very same thread that is confirmed to have suggestions that will be utilized in the finished class.

At this stage, there should be signs of their evolutionary path (hence the scales and gills mentioned); but they should otherwise be as close to human form as the Dumahim are.
    Or let the gills be on the evolved skins, but have the teeth be filed to a point like the Hessian reference I made in the other thread. If it's something they did artificially (at least at first) there's no issues with them being evolved enough. If the bite is to be an ability (and it would be a cool one to have), then it would be better with the teeth. Oh and the scales should be fairly small so they still look somewhat human.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 14th May 2015 at 15:47.

As I said before, I'm aware they are still going to be fairly humanoid. The scales an gills are a must. I'd definitely want to see a more savage mouth from the get go. The evolved skin can be a lot more drastic in these areas. Of course, when devolution is added (This game will never be finished in my eyes if they don't so something with that) They could look a lot more like those cobra sharks.

Agreed, the scales should be barely visible but still noticeable.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Eric
    -Looks at the latest patch and FPS and map Changes-

Yes.

Last edited by Zer0Fantasy; 14th May 2015 at 19:42.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Eric
    You (Nosgoth) have – 38,92% playerbase loss in a single month. On top of falling from bit less than 12 000 players online in January to just above 1 200 now and the latest Chest insult, so in my book, we bloody should.
    And that is a LOK fan since the very first Blood Omen here.

Stats are taken from SteamCharts
    http://steamcharts.com/app/200110

Originally Posted by Irodium
    You (Nosgoth) have – 38,92% playerbase loss in a single month. On top of falling from bit less than 12 000 players online in January to just above 1 200 now and the latest Chest insult, so in my book, we bloody should.
    And that is a LOK fan since the very first Blood Omen here.

Stats are taken from SteamCharts
    http://steamcharts.com/app/200110
    I get what your saying here, but he was referring to theyre sticking to lore and using player requests which they have been faithful to ...for the most part
    signature image

Originally Posted by Sanguise23
    I get what your saying here, but he was referring to theyre sticking to lore and using player requests which they have been faithful to ...for the most part
    True

Will Nosgoth even be at E3 this year? I did not read anything about it on the blog.
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 Last