Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Lets talk about Tyrant.

Lets talk about Tyrant.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    15

    Lets talk about Tyrant.

    Hello friends! Cain here (with the gears of war badge!)

    Its been generally accepted that Tyrant is consistently the "weakest" class barring the recent update that has put him and the deceiver in fierce competition for the "worst" title.

    I'm not saying that Tyrant is bad. But I am going to put out his strengths.

    -Great Initiation potential.
    -Adequate defensive skill.
    -Extra health.

    Now his weaknesses:

    -Slow and fairly linear attack animation, difficult to strike targets even if initial hit connects.
    -Slow movespeed.
    -Large hit-box.
    -Enrage seems lackluster at best against arranged teams.
    -Throw seems to have no place outside of 1 v 1 combat.

    Lets talk about play-styles and tactics that really bring out the strength of the Tyrant.

    I'll go first:

    -In pubs I like to go Marathon, Throw, Enrage, Berserker perk. My thoughts:

    - Marathon allows me to insures distance while starting the charge, and still allowing me to make contact and possibly even escape. The cooldown isn't an issue because I don't plan on doing a second charge in the fight.

    -Throw allows me to compete in 1 v 1s while also allowing me to take out a key player in the middle of a fight. Most definitely not recommend if several hunters are around with bolas off cd.

    -Enrage is something I like to pop after making contact for two reason: 1) to maximize timing and 2) I haven't noticed an increase in damage while using it in conjunction with abilities. Can someone confirm on this?

    -Berserker This build is literally a do or die, kill-or-be-killed build and I don't see any reason to try and pick up a defensive boost when chances of you living without Ignore pain are rather slim.


    Against coordinated teams I simply use jump/charge, ground slam, Ignore pain, and lower cds and just rinse repeat until they are worn down. Not much to say here.

    In any case, lets discuss the Tyrant and hear more from other players about their experiences. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Enrage does increase ability damage

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kingston ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,147
    Another pro is the tyrants stun locking potential, which are near unavoidable if one hits.
    The tyrant is my least played class, and I only use him in the most one sided of matches in terms of skill. But generally I use charge/throw/enrage, which seems Pretty ok. When I have the chance I'll try to enrage-->throw--> charge since charge let's me close the gap made by throw. In the cases where I end up charging first then the cooldown is short enough that by the time I manage to throw a target I can just bulldoze them again.
    I am also a fan of Jump/shockwave/enrage, enraging first jumping second, then rolling for placement and then shockwave.
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    15
    Hello, Razaiim, I don't know if you remember me from our games but your skill in the game along with the double "i" in your name is what allowed me to recognize you. Yes, the stunlock potential is there but the Tyrant still suffers survivability issues. Maybe tone down his damage for more health? Or give him a more encompassing melee arc, it's too linear for my taste.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kingston ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,147
    Personally the only buff that I think the tyrant might need would be speeding up his animations, to narrow the Window where he can get interrupted before applying the damage of the skill. I am also patiently awaiting his third tertiary skill.
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6
    My most played vampire is Tyrant and I honestly don't think anything needs to change at all.

    Tyrants are very strong when you know what you're doing. It's a different playstyle that takes some getting used too but I wouldn't say they are bad at all, in my honest opinion I think they are the best class.
    When I team up with my brothers, Qhorin and Blanks, (when the god damn party system works) we usually run a reaver and two Tyrants with ignore pain and ground slam / shockwave and we would jump / charge in simultaneously, stun lock them and throw out a swing or two (depending on how coordinated they are) then 1 or possibly both of us pop ignore pain and use ourselves as meat shields and literally stand in the humans line of fire and block as much of their vision as possible (Which is where the size of tyrants comes handy) as the rest of our team mates are getting the kills in while the enemy dumps damage into us. When ignore pain is running out get out of their LoS and charge / jump in again and generally it's too much for them to handle. Makes a nice difference when you have a team that follows the tactic well enough though. Usually we'd have a reaver to shadowbomb them first to disrupt their position slightly and indicate exactly where they are etc. That's just one little tactic we would use and there is plenty of others where tyrants work brilliantly.
    As a Tyrant you can be really defensive and support your team by blocking the LoS of the humans, for example a reaver pounces a target, you stand inbetween the reaver and the other humans and GG that reaver isn't getting interrupted and the poor human is going down.
    On the other hand Tyrants can be super offensive and just land in and go ham on everything and if it gets bad you can generally get out safely with Ignore Pain or even charge / jump away if it's back off cooldown.

    I've seen triple enrage jump tyrant before just one shotting teams it was glorious

    Also just like to add, I think the Tyrants melee attack is great, I've hit multiple targets that aren't even standing right next to each other just because of how big and wide the swing is. Like if the team happen to be standing in a sort of semi circle you can melee hit all of them if you're lucky. (I've done this before and got a triple kill )

    - Globox
    Last edited by Clowne; 9th Aug 2014 at 19:03.

  7. #7
    I have to say that I disagree with you saying tyrant is the weakest class, I've seen people that are good with the tyrant always go 10 kills and up with only 1 to 2 deaths.

    The trick being you have to time your tyrant attacks smartly, wait for some of the humans health to have dropped and if you are good with the charge attack you can take out a few in just a single charge attack, then if you're feeling weak go use iron skin and instead of climbing a tall building get past a corner and climb a small wall and then hide for a bit.

    I personally like the reaver as I have a the pounce with added damage but my second favourite would be the tyrant if played well!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    373
    Yeah, I personally HATE coming up against a tyrant. The good ones come in, disrupt the out of defenses then harden up... AND STAY THERE. After you've wasted two clips not doing any damage, you realise your entire team is dead, cept for Johnny (who's actually a deceiver) aaaaaand you're dead.
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 11th Aug 2014 at 23:43.

  9. #9

    Youkai's tyrant build

    Personally i love the tyrant, its a great class the only drawback is the learning curve, by that i mean u can't play it anything like the other classes, here is a little guide showing how i play

    my loadout
    -Jump
    -Enrage
    -Shockwave
    -Berserker

    initiation- just because u are the tyrant does not mean u should make it easy for them, when using jump initiating by jumping is suicide against a high lvl team, if the first thing u do in an attack is to jump in the air u will be blocked or obliterated before u hit the ground specially against scouts, u first wait for the rest of your team to be close and then wait for a distraction, smoke ideally but anything that makes the humans run around so they are not watching the skies with a charged shot waiting, this is when u jump

    combat- with this loadout u are there until you drop, before jumping i will pop enrage this gives a damage bonus to the jump and the first 2-3 swings after, landing a direct jump followed by a half charged melee attack is a kill, i also have a nice blue jump witch gives me dmg when below 33% health witch is why i have stacked it with berserk giving me somewhere around +24% damage when below 33% health it is very useful when u are being focused after a jump if my team has not already engaged and i am dead i will have taken at least 1-2 of them with me this brings me to my next point.

    movement- the tyrant with jump can be fastest at moving across the battlefield depending on situation and spawn, u do this by using the jump, if u are able to land at the peak of a jump on a building is does not expend the jump ability, on maps such as "sommerdamn" or "provance" u can chain jumps allowing u to get across the map and attack in 3 jumps, building>tower> enrage jump attack. i have used this many times after a battle/engagement has gone badly to get back in to the fight quickly or to pick up kill off the last human or 2 before they can reach a health station.

    i mentioned i have shockwave, i wont tend to use it in the middle of the fight, the animation is long and leaves u standing still for too long meaning u will do less dps then just melee attacks, its purely situational i will manly use it if i have had a chance to disengage and i am being chased i will use it as a human comes round a corner or i will use it if the enemy is on a ledge where they can take fall dmg and be separated from the group.

    another good perk to run with this build/playstyle is bloodlust if u can kill on the jump with enrage this gives u massive bonus to atk and movement speed for the rest of enrage.

    i mentioned playing against competitive or high lvl players, in this kind of battle the enemy will not be bunched up and will be able to interrupt your jump with ease, this build is most definitely not the initiator in this situation, u have 2 choices of when to engage, u can sit back and wait for some chaos even high lvl players will group up a little more after a battle has started, u are pure dmg not a tank in this instance, or u can look to pick off the scout/straggler who will be busy shooting the vampires on his teammates and wont be watching the skies , admittedly both of these leave your team in a 3v4 situation briefly but having a fresh tyrant come in a few seconds late against partially beaten humans can yield great results.

    hope you enjoyed reading
    Youkai

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    373
    That's a really nice guide! +rep

    You make a REALLY valid point about initiation. I think Reavers and DEFINITELY sentinels make better initiators than the Tyrant purely because of how much of a bullet magnet he is. Deceivers are another class. They shouldn't be initiating. They should be finishing off the people the reavers have pounced on. And the Tyrants are just there to up!

  11. #11
    A better way to use Reaver is to have 2, you're able to let the first one pounce and do a bit of damage if it's not getting shot at, but if your vampire team attack nearly simultaneously they will all be distracted with the large tyrant which with the right attributes can have quite an extra bit of HP, once the first reaver has done it's damage another reaver can come in and pounce again, this means that the human you have attacked is basically useless as they are practically dead, if you have a special pounce then they are most likely dead as if both reavers have dealt full damage then it will be well over 1000

    The tyrant helps a lot in this situation as i've noticed everyone prefers to shoot the tyrant as it's a larger target and probably because it can deal a lot of damage if used well and the fact it has a lot more HP, it's a very good distractor as even using the iron skin skill it can take damage but it's a lot less, most humans will still choose to keep targetting this, making them distracted by your 2 reavers which are just picking off easy kills, especially as pounce doesn't last too long and you can get on with killing others

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    15
    To be clear I just said that the opinion of many is that Tyrants are the "weakest" on the grading scale, compared to the other classes. However, this doesn't mean they are weak in general nor does it mean I share the same opinion. Simply pointing out opinions.

  13. #13
    Honestly I think they are borderline too good as they are right now. They have great crowd control, decent damage output and great survivability. Generally, when playing against a Vampire team, I feel like their performance in teamfights stand in direct relation to how many Tyrants they have.
    One Tyrant, that's annyoing. Focus.
    Two tyrants? Oh . Better buckle up.
    Three Tyrants? This is where diminishing returns start.
    Two Tyrants and Two Reavers are a really annyoing team comp.

  14. #14
    Tyrant are for sure the weakest class in the game. Their hitbox and model is too big, and they are too slow to be effective at high levels. I understand that they crush low level games, but more often than not they are unnecessary for a high level solo que team. That isn't to say you can't do well on a tyrant. If you are good player you can do well with any class. Tyrants are simply too team dependent (for solo que) and too easily countered by decent teams.

    Capitalizing on tyrant initiations at high levels means the humans know where the vamps are going to be and when. A good grenade can completely counter a well thought out team attack that is initiated by a tyrant. The standard right click q of tyrants is simply too predictable.

    At high levels even decent tyrants with take 1/2 hp damage before even getting into the fight with charge, and a single good prophet can hit hex's on jumps upwards of 70% of the time.

    Balancing tyrants for all levels of play is going to be extremely hard unless a major overhaul is done for the class.

    Originally Posted by Razaiim
    Another pro is the tyrants stun locking potential, which are near unavoidable if one hits.
    That's a pretty big if. I find change and jump to be very easily avoided.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    27
    they are unnecessary for a high level solo que team.
    I'd love to hear about your high level solo que team. *team* *solo* Are you confused? If anything I find a Tyrant to be a 100% needed addition to any aspiring team. The initiation that they bring to the table is unmatched by any other class right now. Jump Attack and Charge / Marathon are insanely strong engagement tools by themselves. Paired with CC/blinds from the rest of your team they are godlike. Not to mention the amount of distraction / CC some builds can put out.

    and they are too slow to be effective at high levels.
    I didn't know Tyrants were slower than other Vampires. /sarcasm

    I understand that they crush low level games, but more often than not they are unnecessary for a high level solo que team.
    I'm sorry. Where are you getting these stats? Can you please link me to said "high level solo que teams". I'd love to take a look at the stats....that don't exist....because there are no high level solo que teams....or any way to view played classes / statistics of other players.

    Capitalizing on tyrant initiations at high levels
    be effective at high levels.
    for a high level solo que team.
    Am I missing something? I'm almost level 30 and I still get matched with level 10's. So unless level 40's can only be matched with level 40s, (i've been matched with a 40 at 20 before) than I don't understand where you're getting all this "AT HIGH LEVEL" mumbo jumbo.

    and a single good prophet can hit hex's on jumps upwards of 70% of the time.
    Yes, and guess what? Deceivers, Reavers and Sentinals can all be CC'd as well. Sentinals aren't strong cause they can be bola'd and hex'd in the air. Reaver's arent strong because they can be hexed and bola'd mid pounce. Deceivers aren't strong because they can be hexed and bola'd while invisible / disguised. See where I'm going with this?

    That's a pretty big if. I find change and jump to be very easily avoided.
    Charge and Jump are easily avoided if the initiation is poor. Charge and Jump are literally UNAVOIDABLE if performed correctly. Sprinting / rolling are not fast enough to get out of the radius of Jump Attack. And a good Tyrant will Charge into you no matter what.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    15
    After some play testing I have found the true issue plaguing the Tyrant is in actuality a simple identity crisis:

    Tyrant isn't a true Initiator in any form. Although his skill set allows him to play as one in a bind.

    He is a mop-up force and a team-fight disruptor in that order if played to his true potential. People see this big lug and think "he is the tank so he must go in first!" WRONG.

    This mistake I've have seen playing with and against Tyrants almost exclusively for the last week is that it may "seem" that the tyrant is actually initiating when in reality its his team that is actually initiating and he quickly follows up. However he is the first "body" to hit the fight which is why this misconception has come about. Once the dodge rolls are on cd and the humans are scattered from the blind and haze they have two options: a)run and regroup or b) stand and fight at an already disadvantageous position against a tyrant who is either enraged or who has ignore pain and will block your sight.

    As someone has pointed out earlier, Reavers and Sentinals are the true initiators: they both have abilities (airstrike, choking haze, smoke cloud) that can be used to disrupt and separate (kidnap) the human team while minimizing exposure themselves from enemy fire. The Tyrant has no such ability. I have adjusted my build to include the bloodlust perk over the beserker perk because I have found that playing as the mop up means in most cases I will score a kill and thus guarantee myself the buff which makes my "terrible" swings into" borderline op" that can't be kited.

    I have seen time and again Tryants jump into their death or charge into a group of humans to be shredded to bits. The only truly successful Tyrants I have seen never go in first. As it was said in this thread they are most definitely played at their utmost potential when the team coordinates their abilities to allow him to go in.
    Last edited by KrisSean; 12th Aug 2014 at 00:21.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    27
    KrisSean, I do agree with you on some points. But lets take a look at Reaver and Sentinel initiation abilites.

    Sentinel

    Engagement-

    Kidnap / Abduct. You swoop in, pick up a Human and fly away. Only hits one player, leaves the team a man down if the Sentinel can successfully finish off the human. A Sentinel initiating a fight with this ability is suicide. I personally look forward to Sentinels engaging with this ability because of how easy it is to counter it. There is nothing more satisfying than bola'ing a Sentinel when he swoops down into my team and killing him.

    The only way for the Sentinel to truly engage with this ability would be to have backup initiation from his team. Blinds / smoke bombs are a must or he's not getting away.

    Dive Bomb. Large AOE which is nice. Low range, easily avoided / spotted. Not to mention the Sentinel is squishy and is not made or built for jumping into a team of humans head first. Not very crowd controllable which is a plus, but you can see it from a mile away. Once again the Sentinel would need help from his team in order to engage with this ability, but he would be extremely vulnerable after.

    Defense / Distraction / Making an exit-

    Wing Flap.
    Knock down any enemies in front of you. Deals no damage.


    Conclusion: The Sentinel can not engage without the help of his teammates. Even if a Sentinel does engage, his abilites do not allow for him to stay in the fight long and would surely die quick.

    Reaver

    Engagement-


    Pounce.
    Effects 1 human and CC's them. Easily spotted / heard from a distance.

    Leap Attack. Quicker than pounce. Harder to spot and hear but does not CC the Human after use leaving the Reaver especially open to attack and counter play.

    Savage Pounce. Pounce, but harder to land and does more damage.

    Shadow Bomb. Very nice for engagement, a Reaver can throw this in just before he engages, or right after. Doesn't last very long. Very easy to roll out of.


    Shadow Step. A fast unavoidable engagement if performed right. No damage, no CC.

    Defense / Distraction / Making an exit-

    ShadowBomb.
    AoE blind.

    Evasion. 100% dodge can run away / distract.


    Conclusion: I feel the Reaver is a better engager than the Sentinel. It has no AoE damage. Only has 1 AoE CC effect.


    Tyrant

    Engagement-

    Jump Attack. Hands down the strongest initiation ability in the game. AoE damage, AoE cc. And arguably the only ability in the game that can be used for initiation that is undetectable by Humans until just a second before you land. A well planned Jump Attack can take an entire team by surprise without them even knowing it's coming.

    Charge/Marathon. I feel this is a strong engagement tool if used properly, it is however in my opinion a very situational ability. And is much weaker than Jump Attack. There is a much higher skill cap to this ability. Best used with backup CC from his team.

    Defense / Distraction / Making an exit-

    Ground Slam.
    Strong AoE CC / damage dealer. Delt in a circle radius around you. Easily usable after a Jump Attack or Charge to layer on the CC.

    Shockwave. AoE damage / CC is used properly, deals damage and knocks up in a line higher skill cap than Ground Slam.

    Ignore Pain. 80% damage reduction. Unable to attack during this ability. Extremely useful for distraction / tanking tactics after the initial engage.


    Final Conclusion

    Tyrant is the only class capable of making a true engage without the help of his team. (Jump Attack). Not only that, but the amount of CC/disruption he can put out after landing is unmatched by any other class. His enormous size also keep the Humans firing on him (while his 80% reduction is up, of course) allowing his team to perform there true rolls of mopping up / finishing wounded Humans.

    Reaver comes in second with a nice ability to engage and avoid damage, but no real AoE or disruption.

    Sentinel is a joke initiator. I really can't see how anyone could argue this point. The Sentinel excels at making fights one sided and finishing off Humans.



  18. #18
    Originally Posted by Awokeh
    *snip*
    I don't think Tyrants are all that good at engaging without team support, but with simple bomb support they become excellent at being the first in. I'd want a Reaver teammate with smoke bomb to block vision of me running or jumping in, or at a push a choking haze/ air strike to waste the human's roll or put them off. Once in the fight though the cc and ability to wall shots aimed at an ally make them great tanks (with a hint of assassin if you caught a human on your run in. Knock back/stun into more knockback/stun and one or two melee attacks really hurts).

    Reaver makes a decent initiator with Leap Attack and Evasion, but only for baiting purposes. Leap, hopefully hit somebody, pop evasion while they throw all manner of skills at you and run away while your team comes in to capitalise on it. Somewhat like a Tyrant coming in alone and then popping ignore pain, but for some reason people seem to be more inclined to waste everything on a Reaver. Don't underestimate the disruption caused by a smoke bomb, even if they aren't caught in it they probably had to waste a roll to avoid the smoke and still can't see what's on the other side.

    I agree about Sentinel initiation being a joke. Sentinels can easily spend most of the fight unseen while still having a big impact and that is what they should be doing, following up on their team with a surprise kidnap from around the corner or behind the wall to kill off one opponent then coming back around later for cleanup. They should only help initiation by throwing out an Air Strike from behind a wall and never be the first to move in.

    (Oh, and I don't mean to argue because you make some good points, but Jump Attack really isn't as great as you make it out to be. Humans should always be checking all angles, mostly looking up because other vampires often use the rooftops. Tyrants aren't only incredibly obvious but also give you plenty of time to move away or just cc the jump. Once again though, a devastating ability when your team throws off the Humans at a distance, forcing their vision away from the sky or just blacking out their vision altogether)

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    15
    Let me start off that by sentinal initiating I meant in the sense that they airstrike once, maybe even twice, at which point a reaver bomb into a tyrant jump will almost guarantee a kill upon landing. Sentinal initiation doesnt mean he goes on bodily, it means he wears down the team through harass until a kill is ensured. I suppose calling it "initiating" isn't the right word per se. But you guys get the idea.
    Last edited by KrisSean; 12th Aug 2014 at 03:02.

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by Clowne
    My most played vampire is Tyrant and I honestly don't think anything needs to change at all.

    Tyrants are very strong when you know what you're doing. It's a different playstyle that takes some getting used too but I wouldn't say they are bad at all, in my honest opinion I think they are the best class.
    When I team up with my brothers, Qhorin and Blanks, (when the god damn party system works) we usually run a reaver and two Tyrants with ignore pain and ground slam / shockwave and we would jump / charge in simultaneously, stun lock them and throw out a swing or two (depending on how coordinated they are) then 1 or possibly both of us pop ignore pain and use ourselves as meat shields and literally stand in the humans line of fire and block as much of their vision as possible (Which is where the size of tyrants comes handy) as the rest of our team mates are getting the kills in while the enemy dumps damage into us. When ignore pain is running out get out of their LoS and charge / jump in again and generally it's too much for them to handle. Makes a nice difference when you have a team that follows the tactic well enough though. Usually we'd have a reaver to shadowbomb them first to disrupt their position slightly and indicate exactly where they are etc. That's just one little tactic we would use and there is plenty of others where tyrants work brilliantly.
    As a Tyrant you can be really defensive and support your team by blocking the LoS of the humans, for example a reaver pounces a target, you stand inbetween the reaver and the other humans and GG that reaver isn't getting interrupted and the poor human is going down.
    On the other hand Tyrants can be super offensive and just land in and go ham on everything and if it gets bad you can generally get out safely with Ignore Pain or even charge / jump away if it's back off cooldown.

    I've seen triple enrage jump tyrant before just one shotting teams it was glorious

    Also just like to add, I think the Tyrants melee attack is great, I've hit multiple targets that aren't even standing right next to each other just because of how big and wide the swing is. Like if the team happen to be standing in a sort of semi circle you can melee hit all of them if you're lucky. (I've done this before and got a triple kill )

    - Globox
    This is how you play tyrant. If you play tirant, you probably won't be getting the kills, but your team will. Tyrant is suppose to attract enemy fire and provide enough CC for the other classes to dish out damage. You're tanky and have stuns, what else do you want to have on your kit? I like runnng tyrant with jump and ground slam, so I can stun an entire party twice, then go ignore pain while the four of them shoot me instead of shooting my teammates.

  21. #21
    I understand that a lot of people hate tyrant, but it is not because of the class itself, but because they don't have teammates that follow them up.

  22. #22
    Originally Posted by Awokeh
    I'd love to hear about your high level solo que team. *team* *solo* Are you confused? If anything I find a Tyrant to be a 100% needed addition to any aspiring team. The initiation that they bring to the table is unmatched by any other class right now. Jump Attack and Charge / Marathon are insanely strong engagement tools by themselves. Paired with CC/blinds from the rest of your team they are godlike. Not to mention the amount of distraction / CC some builds can put out.



    I didn't know Tyrants were slower than other Vampires. /sarcasm



    I'm sorry. Where are you getting these stats? Can you please link me to said "high level solo que teams". I'd love to take a look at the stats....that don't exist....because there are no high level solo que teams....or any way to view played classes / statistics of other players.





    Am I missing something? I'm almost level 30 and I still get matched with level 10's. So unless level 40's can only be matched with level 40s, (i've been matched with a 40 at 20 before) than I don't understand where you're getting all this "AT HIGH LEVEL" mumbo jumbo.



    Yes, and guess what? Deceivers, Reavers and Sentinals can all be CC'd as well. Sentinals aren't strong cause they can be bola'd and hex'd in the air. Reaver's arent strong because they can be hexed and bola'd mid pounce. Deceivers aren't strong because they can be hexed and bola'd while invisible / disguised. See where I'm going with this?



    Charge and Jump are easily avoided if the initiation is poor. Charge and Jump are literally UNAVOIDABLE if performed correctly. Sprinting / rolling are not fast enough to get out of the radius of Jump Attack. And a good Tyrant will Charge into you no matter what.
    First I would like to start of by saying thank you for taking an obviously hostile approach for your retort. I will respond in kind.

    1. A high level solo que team made up of players who qued up individually, and are placed on a team. Have you ever 1v1'd in this game? No? Of course not, because it is a team game. It might be news to you, but you can que for games by yourself: hence the solo que. I didn't realize I was speaking to mental midgets, but I'm glad I could clear up YOUR confusion.

    2. I didn't cite any specific stats. I am just explaining what I have seen in my time playing with/against good players.

    3. Yes, you are missing something. Late at night there tends to be at least one game of all 40's and high 30's. If you haven't experienced it yet then you are in for a treat when you do. That isn't meant to be sarcastic or snide. High leveled games are extremely fun because people know what they are doing.

    4. Yes, I understand other classes can be CC'd. Hex shotting a jumping tyrant simply has a much bigger effect than ccing other classes. One skill can reliably shut down tyrant jump initiations, and that is a big deal.

    5. I understand that there are instances where charge/jump will hit. Charge, at the very least, is simply not consistent enough. Maybe you aren't good enough to dodge it relatively reliably yet, but most good players will acknowledge it is easily avoided the majority of the time.

    I was just offering my opinion on the matter. I'm sorry I offended you and you felt the need to reply with a snippy post. Players who have played with me know that I am a decent player and have a good grasp on the game. I don't care if YOU respect my opinion, but there are certainly going to be players that do. Once you get a little better you are going to see that I was spot on with my response. Until then, keep improving.

  23. #23
    Umm, I like tyrant. I use enrage charge and then ground slam. If I hit you with my charge, you are screwed unless your teammate helps you out, generally speaking of course. I have had countless high scoring games with tyrant. But it DOES suck when you charge in and your noob team stands there and watches you get pummeled 2-4 vs one then after your dead decides to attack. Unfortunately I see this a lot. If the team attacks slightly after the tyrant attacks, not only does the tyrant stand a better chance of being successful but so does the whole team too. When I'm on a good team with players that know what to do, not only do i have a high scoring game but so do they. TEAMWORK is the key word here. Don't say tyrant sucks cause a player is only as good as his team. You may outscore the rest of your team but if your team isn't all noobs I guarantee your score will be higher, unless your a noob yourself.
    Last edited by -Brawn-; 13th Aug 2014 at 00:27.

  24. #24
    Originally Posted by -Brawn-
    Umm, I like tyrant. I use enrage charge and then ground slam. If I hit you with my charge, you are screwed unless your teammate helps you out, generally speaking of course. I have had countless high scoring games with tyrant. But it DOES suck when you charge in and your noob team stands there and watches you get pummeled 2-4 vs one then after your dead decides to attack. Unfortunately I see this a lot. If the team attacks slightly after the tyrant attacks, not only does the tyrant stand a better chance of being successful but so does the whole team too. When I'm on a good team with players that know what to do, not only do i have a high scoring game but so do they. TEAMWORK is the key word here. Don't say tyrant sucks cause a player is only as good as his team. You may outscore the rest of your team but if your team isn't all noobs I guarantee your score will be higher, unless your a noob yourself.
    Even if you r team mates help out, they need to be able to follow up immediately on your initiation and a decent human team will still hex/bola you anyways. Unless your team mates perfectly coordinate, you'll be pop ignore pain and run away 99% of the time since the 1 second cool down after charge/jump leaves you way vulnerable even if you land them perfectly and most good players will be able to avoid them. Jump can be especially bad if they see you coming. If you aren't war bowed out of the air, landing on some grenades and getting whipped/bola'd/hexed will make quick work of any tyrant. You need to coordinate with team mates perfectly for tyrant to not be forced to run away after each initiation. Other classes don't really have that problem or at least can effectively hit and run for some quick kills.

  25. #25
    After playing tyrant since Alpha here is my opinion on the subject.

    The tyrant has a fairly simple problem his skills don't scale well into high level play. Most players know how to watch blind spots where a tyrant can jump from. Most players I play can easily stormbow a tyrant out of the air, bola or hex shot (looks at someone who's name begins with an S). I normally cry when its hex shot >_<. To be perfectly honest his moves are not that hard to dodge if you have good awareness. There is a reason why in most high level scrims people mainly run reavers/sentinal or the odd deciever.

    Vampires have to chip away a humans first hence the reavers poison bomb because humans in general have high CC and damage and if you are facing a well coordinated human team well I say good luck to the tyrant. He has the overall lowest dps of the vampires and has the largest hitbox so the extra hp does not mean much honestly.

    The problem is as corey said is that tyrant is a low-mid level monster and balancing him wrong could turn him into a god at those play levels. Hopefully as corey said they can put together a skill for the tyrant that is difficult to use but would be incrdibely useful in high level play if you master it.

    Plus its the underlying fact that overall humans scale better as a faction in terms of play level hence why many people run reaver. As a class he is similar to humans in the fact that he scales well at all levels of play. While the tyrant in large effect doesn't.

    I just think its a problem with the vampire faction in general in my opinion I just hope the new female vampire brings skills to the table that helps tyrant intiate in a more safe manner and helps controlling the humans crazy damage and CC.
    Last edited by shinros; 13th Aug 2014 at 11:54.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last